Wednesday, March 10, 2010

No Drooling

CATFIGHT IN CELL BLOCK 11!

Nicole beats the poop out of one of the bitch-ho'z, "If you want to get along in this place you'll get along with me!"

Daniel walks into Melanie's hospital room as she finishes talking to Phillip on her phone. He see's she's on a downer and leaves.

EJ returns from taking Johnny and Allie to school. He scoops up Sydney and Sami asks if he's seen Rafe. "No," says EJ.

Sami whines, "He didn't come home last night."

EJ empathizes, "Drat the bad luck."

Agent Clark comes in and finds out Rafe has been at the office all night. Rafe analyzes the DiMera phone calls. He points to a map and says, "Here is the tower the call was made from. We'll find the tower and, as you know, they always leave something behind."

"How are you going to find the tower," asks Agent Clark.

Rafe contemplates the map where he has found it's exact location, "I have no idea."


Anna is in the hideout packing her things.

CATFIGHT!

The guard rushes into Nicole's cell and breaks things up. Nicole's excuses fly, "Mrs. McTavish, I was being threatened." McTavish comes in and asks Nicole's cellmate Tiffany if she's OK.

Nicole gives the Tiffster her dirtiest, greasiest, meanest look, "Tell her."

Tiffany cowers, "It's all my fault."

Nicole asks to go to the infirmary. "You were there yesterday and the day before," says McTavish. Nicole blows her stack and tosses the name 'DiMera' around a couple of times. McTavish backs down, "After you Mrs. DiMera."

Nicole smirks, "I was thinking about using my maiden name but DiMera carries a lot more weight, doesn't it?"

"Yes," says McTavish, "Stefano especially carries a lot of weight. That's not good for a diabetic."

Arianna and Brady are at the Java Café making plans for the day. They agree they had a great time last night, right after Arianna ruined his life forever when she said she wouldn't marry him. Hey, why should a little disappointment spoil a perfectly good roll in the hay? He agrees to pick her up after work and she bounces out. Brady picks up his phone, "Somebody's gotta do it." Hmmm... I didn't realize picking Arianna up after work would be such an unpleasant chore.

McTavish shoves Nicole back into her cell, "It seems 'DiMera' doesn't carry as much weight as she thought it did." She barks at the girls, "I want a quiet night." She slams the door shut.

Nicole runs up and sticks her face up against the bars to give her a parting shot, "Enjoy your Ida Lupino movies." She turns back to Tiffany, "You smirk and you will swallow your teeth." Teresa says since they are going to be together a while, they should call a truce. Nicole don' do no stinkin' truces, but then she has a change of heart and does a 180°, "We can have peace, but you have to make the first move."

"Oh, yes," snarks Tiff, "Hail Nicole who I respect and admire." Ooooo... Nicole don' take no sass from the common bitch-ho'z. She grabs Tiffany's lapels and sets her straight.

Sami and EJ banter about their first morning with Sydney. Sami drags out one of her chipper personalities, "It's the first day of the rest of Sydney's life."

EJ corrects her, "All of our lives."

If you would have said all the Days Of Our Lives I would have hurled," says Sami.

"Too late," says EJ, "with dialog like this, I'm hurling anyway."

Daniel pops in to see Maggie in her kitchen, "I'd like to talk about Melanie. Did she tell you..."

"That you're her father," asks Maggie, "You don't think I'd let a juicy piece of gossip like that get by me, do you?"

"She didn't seem too thrilled about it," says Daniel, "I want to help her... move in... be a parent... I want a place in her life."

"You had one," Maggie reminds him, "You were her trusted physician, mentor and friend, but now things have changed."

"Wow," says Daniel, "How long did it take you to figure that out? I want to do what's best for her but I don't know what that is."

Arianna comes in to see Melanie. She asks about Phillip, I thought things might be tense with Phillip here and Nathan as one of your doctors."

"I don't want to talk about Nathan," snaps Melanie.

Chloe joins Brady at the Java Café. They discuss the Sydnapping and talk about everything Sami has been through. Brady says, "There is someone else who has been through a lot."

Nicole growls, "Give it to me."

"Wait till the guard has gone," says Tiffany. When the coast is clear, she hands Nicole a flask. Nicole takes a swig...

"WHOA!"

Nicole chokes, "You could strip wood with this stuff."

"So," mocks Tiffany, "I guess it's not the fine brandy you were used to being a DiMera."

Nicole gets defensive, "I still am a DiMera... more of a DiMera than they know."

Brady asks, "Are you OK with that?"

"OK," says Chloe, "I'll do it. But I can't do it until my scars heal. My day is free. Daniel and I were supposed to see a travel agent, but he canceled."

Brady reads a few things into that, "Are you OK?"

"I don't want my rotten mood to spoil your day." She leaves.

Brady stares, "I just spent fifteen minutes with you. It's already spoiled."

Maggie and Daniel talk about Chloe. Daniel just doesn't know how Chloe feels about Melanie being his daughter.

Maggie thinks he does know, "Our old friends, repression and denial..."

"Speaking of repression and denial," asks Daniel, "what's wrong with you? You have a guest and you didn't get up and you have me get the coffee? That's not like the Maggie I know." He touches her arm, "It's a good thing I'm here, don't you think?"

Melanie asks about Arianna and Brady. Arianna says she discovered it's nice to spend some carefree time with him. She tells her about turning down his marriage proposal.

Melanie blows a gasket, "What! Why did you do that?"

"I don't know," whines Arianna, "Because I'm an idiot."

"I guess you'll be an old maid, then," says Melanie, "You can't fix being an idiot."

EJ tells Sami he'll never forget the look on her face when he returned Sydney. Sami starts to asks questions about Sydney's recovery, but EJ says he has to rush out. Sydney fusses but Sami calms her down and makes a call. She leaves a message for Rafe, "Hey it's me — the coast is clear. EJ left, call me."

Rafe gets off his phone and tells Clark Lexie examined Sydney but found no blood, "They wanted to make us think Sydney was dead. They did it twice. What does that accomplish? It was cruel. There is something personal about this case."

Anna continues packing. She has loaded the proverbial ten pounds of poo into a five pound bag. Try as she might, she just can't close the thing so she tosses out her garish boots.

Daniel grills Maggie about the boo-boo on her arm. Maggie insists she's fine. Daniel orders, "Let me see your hand."

Maggie whines, "I'm scared."

"I know," says Daniel, "but I won't grope." Maggie shows him. Daniel stares.

McTavish drags Nicole into the visiting area, but Nicole growls, "Tell my mother I don't want to see her." McTavish makes a call to send mommy home, "What? It isn't her? Who is it?"

Brady comes to see Sami. He bounces Sydney around and they talk about her situation. Sami says Sydney was upset when EJ walked out. That gets Brady's attention, "How did Rafe feel about that?"

"I don't know," says Sami, "because he didn't come home last night."

Rafe analyzes. Arianna arrives. Clark leaves. As she brushes past Arianna, she says, "I'm warning you, he's feeling cranky this morning."

Arianna gasps, "It's unbelievable he has any emotion." She asks about the case. Rafe says he is no closer to solving it. Arianna speculates, "Maybe they got scared and decided to take the money and run."

"It's more personal than that," says Rafe.

EJ arrives back at the hideout. Anna welcomes him, "You finally came back. I knew you never could leave her."

EJ snorts, "I can leave Samantha at any time..." Then he has second thoughts, "You're right. I can't leave her." Anna puts on a neck brace after being whipsawed around like that.

Daniel examines. Maggie calls him pushy. An ordinary doctor would run tests, consult with colleagues and study the situation, but not Dr. Miracle. He offers his instant diagnosis, "Myasthenia Gravis. This isn't something to fool around with."

"I have to," says Maggie, "Mickey's gone and I don't do much fooling around any more."

Daniel asks, "Did you call the doctor?"

"I looked online," says Maggie, "It says stress can make it reoccur." He hauls her out to see a doctor.

Arianna orders Rafe to go home. Rafe grumbles, "Sami thinks this is all over. I don't want to take that away from her. Sydney was a means to an end."

Arianna asks, "Are you being paranoid?"

"No," says Rafe, "In order to feel like people are out to get me, that would require having a feeling. I don't think the money mattered. I think this was a setup to hurt Sami."

Sami tells Brady all about keeping the secret from Rafe. She says she didn't feel like she had a choice, "But I have Sydney back and that's the only thing that matters."

"No," says Brady, "It's not the only thing."

Chloe comes in to see Nicole. They share a hug and McTavish clears her throat in order to prevent the shocking lesbos in prison scene.

Chloe tells Nicole they found Sydney, "She's back with her mother." Nicole tries to smile.

Anna jabs at EJ, "So you admit I'm right. You can't leave Sami because you love her."

"No," says EJ, "it's for sentimental reasons. It's her children. Sami thinks her lies have been forgotten, but they haven't. She's in for a big surprise."

Daniel and Maggie are at the hospital. Daniel has arranged for Mags to see the chief of neurology. Maggie don' want no stinkin' help walking down there. "I'll be here all day," says Daniel. Maggie leaves and Daniel hesitates at Melanie's door. He walks in and finds her sleeping. And they said sharks never sleep...

Melanie pops awake, "Was I snoring? Drooling?"

"No drooling," says Daniel. They chuckle around and the ice breaks a bit. Melanie says "My father is a world renown surgeon and I am a nursing school dropout. Something must've been lost in the gene pool."

"Yes," agrees Daniel, "Unfortunately it wasn't your genes."

Nicole asks, "Who did it? Is the SOB behind bars?"

"No," says Chloe, "Isn't it enough Sydney is safe?"

"So," asks Nicole, "she's with Sami?"

"Right," says Chloe, "She's where she belongs."

"Yes," says Nicole, "Sami and EJ have everything they want now and I'm in here."

Arianna asks if all this professional zeal is because Rafe wants justice or is he proving EJ was wrong to cut him out of the picture. Rafe bristles.

Arianna tries a different tact, "Brady asked me to marry him."

"Congrats." Rafe is a man of few words and fewer brain cells.

Arianna tries to get his attention again, "I turned him down. I love him and I think we could be good together, but being a Hernandez, I screwed it up, so go to Sami, and Sydney. Don't screw this up when you're so close."

Brady thinks Sami should have told Rafe, because he wants her to be happy, "Now that Sydney is back you have a chance at the brass ring. And you're with a great guy who has the intelligence of a brass ring."

EJ tells Anna he will be the hero in Sami's life. Anna asks, "And what if you break up Sami and Rafe and she turns to you?"

"We'll never hear the end of it from the Ejamis."

Maggie comes back and finds Daniel. She says they're going to try a medication adjustment and insists she's fine. She goes in to see Melanie. She won't be fine for long.

Maggie and Melanie have a hugfest. Maggie admires the flowers Phillip sent. The picks up the vase and immediately drops and shatters it. She bawls, "I'm just clumsy."

Melanie is generous, "Don't worry about it. There are lots of vases left from the Ming Dynasty. But it seems to me something else is wrong. What's going on?"

EJ tells Anna she has to leave, "Have a nice life."

Agent Clark and Rafe talk about the case. Rafe gets busy. Clark turns to Arianna, "Just a guess, but I think your conversation just ended."

Arianna gives up. She turns to Rafe, "Nice chit-chattin' with ya." She leaves.

Blockhead turns and asks, "Did you say something?" The guy has the attention span of a dead moth. And the same IQ, too.

Sami packs Sydney up, "We are going on an adventure. If Rafe won't come home to us, we'll go to him." Sydney goos her approval.

Maggie has told Melanie about her Myasthenia Gravis and its recurrence. She tells her they've adjusted the meds and she is optimistic. Melanie whines, "You have to be all right. I need you. And it is, after all, all about me."

"I'm not going anywhere," insists Maggie, "I promise." Hugs.

Brady is with Daniel. He asks Daniel to tell Melanie he stopped by, "I have something to do. I'm trying to ask my girlfriend to marry me."

"The Guy Manual strongly advises against that," says Daniel.

EJ joins Arianna at the pub. Of course, she thinks it's Brady until she looks up. EJ says, "I'm here to tell you some wonderful news."

"I know," says Arianna, "Sydney is back. I'm happy for you."

"Thanks," says EJ, "And also thanks for being able to see through the differences I have with your brother."

"I want what's best for Sydney," says Arianna, "Maybe things can get back to normal now."

"I Hope so," says EJ.

Nicole flashes back to the Sydnapping and watching the hideous boots as the kidnapper walked away. Chloe asks if something is wrong. Nicole says she keeps thinking about the Sydnapping and wants to remember something, "I don't think I ever will, though."

Sami joins Rafe. Rafe asks, "Where is Sydney?"

"My grandma is watching her," announces Sami, "I'm tired of the little pest. Look, Rafe, I just came down here because..."

But Rafe's mind is somewhere else. We're not sure where, but we know it's never been inside his head. Rafe hears Agent Clark talking about the case on the phone. He turns to listen and leaves Sami in the dust.

Anna packs. She finishes up by sticking Tony's picture in her suitcase. We pan to the boots left lying on the floor.

NOTE – you can now follow Prevuze on twitter at: http://twitter.com/prevuze

Prevuze II has a video of the daily show previews, which should be available by noon (EST) on any given day. To see Prevuze II: CLICK HERE


16 Comments:

Anonymous Berg said...

Someone better give me a shot of something because I am abot to lose it over the writers setting up what is left of the Sydneynapping to look like Rafe is going to catch EJ. I want to vomit.

3:50 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey the Nicole scenes seem very good ! The bitch is back (i hope).
So how Ej will use Arianna now ?!
Sami who leaves Sydney to Caroline's to see Rafe..stop that writers for Sami's sake please !
Lot's of interactions between different characters : good.
Rafe and Daniel are the Dool heroes, we get it but SC/Daniel can act Rafe/GG not so much..

4:14 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Glad Nicole is back! Rafe is so annoying. Sami left Sydney with Caroline already? that didn't take long. I don't care of EJ gets caught. I think the sooner the lies come out the better and this storyline can finally be over. Sami will be angry for a little bit and then they will move on. EJ won't see much jail time if any. It will basically just level the playing field. Sami lied, Nicole lied, EJ lied. Even Steven.

4:45 AM  
Anonymous Leslie said...

Nicole beats the poop out of one of the bitch-ho'z, "If you want to get along in this place you'll get along with me!"

Well, well – hasn’t Nicole morphed into one heck of an alpha cell block bitch?

Sami whines, "He didn't come home last night."

Sami don’t you get it? It’s called passive aggressive. By not coming home, Rafe is punishing you.

"Yes," says McTavish, "Stefano especially carries a lot of weight. That's not good for a diabetic."

Prevuze – the best medical blog on the Internet!!!

If you would have said all the Days Of Our Lives I would have hurled," says Sami.

"Too late," says EJ, "with dialog like this, I'm hurling anyway."

…and we are all hurling with them.

“I thought things might be tense with Phillip here and Nathan as one of your doctors."

OK – stop the presses! Daniel knew that Nathan and Melanie had a “history” so he should have insisted that Nathan not be involved in Melanie’s care. Additionally, Daniel should be handing over his daughter’s case to an associate. Geez!

"I still am a DiMera.”

Why? It makes no sense that EJ hasn’t already gotten an annulment/divorce.

Try as she might, she just can't close the thing so she tosses out her garish boots.

Give me a break! Rafe just got handed evidence on a silver platter. Of course, the DOOL writers have to make it simple for him because simple is all that a simple mind can handle.

He walks in and finds her sleeping. And they said sharks never sleep...

…and

And you're with a great guy who has the intelligence of a brass ring."

LOL!!!!!!!!

We pan to the boots left lying on the floor.

Give me a break part deux!! Anna just isn’t that stupid.

Prevuze – your photo is spot on. Brady really knows how to pick em!! It's pretty wet in the Windy City but we're going to get 60 degree temperatures. Yes!! Have a great one everybody!!!

5:54 AM  
Blogger Applecheeks said...

Nicole has gone all bad-ass - thank God! I couldn't take much more of the pathetic, whiney character she had become. Besides, Melanie has taken over that role.

"Yes," says McTavish, "Stefano especially carries a lot of weight. That's not good for a diabetic."

Great prevuism, and I was going to say 'throwing “Dimera” around wouldn’t mean a whole lot for Nicole cause if she were THAT connected she wouldn’t be in prison.' But, McTavish beat me to it. HA

Arianna speculates, "Maybe they got scared and decided to take the money and run."

As opposed to what? Sticking around and inviting everyone over for drinks? If it had been a real kidnapping of course the kidnappers would be taking the money and hightailing it out of Dodge.

And they said sharks never sleep...

LOL….but, Prevuze, annoying yapping empty-headed critters do. Eventually. If we’re lucky.

One other great Prevuism I have to mention, Maggie whines, "I'm scared." "I know," says Daniel, "but I won't grope."

Thank heavens for this mid-week Prevuze boost. Have a great one y'all.

6:31 AM  
Blogger Prevuze said...

Random Memory Moment - Chelsea climbing atop the telephone pole and falling, or being electrocuted, can't quite remember which. Where are the nice times like that?

I got in too late last evening to comment on this, but I remembered doing a "moving" picture of the event and just had to find it. The episode aired Wednesday, April 5, 2006 and we called it "Sparky" CLICK HERE FOR THE POSTING As I remember for several episodes after that, we referred to Chelsea as "Sparky."

Thanks for reminding us of that fun episode, Klaus. The picture no longer shows up in the posting, but you might be able to see it with a direct link, so this one's for you, Klaus... CLICK HERE TO SEE "SPARKY" LIGHT UP.

6:56 AM  
Blogger Prevuze said...

Update: I was incorrect. The "Sparky" picture DOES show up on the posting. It's just that I published it on Photobucket since blogger won't accept all gif files, and I have Photobucket blocked in my main browser because it's so annoying.

HA! Hoist by my own petard!

7:06 AM  
Anonymous Bulldog said...

People, people! Enough with the Rafe bashing! We all want the Sydnapping storyline to end, right? Well we have to let Rafe get it solved because the only other alternative, apparently, is the SPD and we all know they couldn't solve a jaywalking case caught on tape.

My "HUH?" moment: that Anna would toss out an expensive pair of boots and that she's tossing it out because of lack of luggage. Puhleeze. Anna the fashion and clothes horse would have a set of Gucci luggage large enough to fill a private jet.

My favorite Prevuism: Something must've been lost in the gene pool." "Yes," agrees Daniel,
"Unfortunately it wasn't your genes."
and the Nic/ho picture.

Can't wait to reminisce over the Sparky picture - probably when I'm at home. Thanks for the recap! :D

7:50 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey if we want to bash Rafe we can like with any other character. Yes we want this storyline to END but another character (i don't know like Sami i mean a well written Sami) or even several other characters could be the guys who resolve this sydnapping. It's called pimping and we have had enough of that these 7 last months with Rafe as the only character who discovered the baby-switch and the dumbing-down of the other characters to achieve that. It's just ridiculous and not exiting at all.

11:08 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Ah, thank you Prevuze! I had no idea when that happened. Awesome. It's really wonderful how at that time Bo and Hope were having marital problems.

How great that Nicole is back, anything to punish those damn Hernandez siblings is welcome in my book.

He see's she's on a downer and leaves.
What an awesome dad.

they always leave something behind."
If such a thing was true then it only says how incompetent the police are, what with all the unsolved crimes in Salem.

Brady stares, "I just spent fifteen minutes with you. It's already spoiled."
Amen.

He touches her arm, "It's a good thing I'm here, don't you think?"
Damn, that man is fast! Get your grope on Doctor.

Melanie blows a gasket, "What! Why did you do that?"
Because sometimes it's best not to marry people you don't want to get married to. Just sayin'.

He walks in and finds her sleeping. And they said sharks never sleep...
Haha.

Melanie says "My father is a world renown surgeon and I am a nursing school dropout. Something must've been lost in the gene pool."
Indeed as both your parents are doctors. But you married money, so that's something.

"Sami and EJ have everything they want now and I'm in here."
Well you did do the crime...

EJ tells Anna he will be the hero in Sami's life. Anna asks,
What a convoluted "Lose the zero and get with hero" plan. Couldn't he have found her a penguin toy.

@Leslie
Why? It makes no sense that EJ hasn’t already gotten an annulment/divorce.
I thought the same, perhaps she means she is spiritually a DiMera. lol

@Bulldog
Yes, letting Rafe succeed is a necessary evil on the path to making smug EJ eat crow.

Also, the boots. You think of all people EJ would have burned everything that was involved when Sydney was sydnapped. So tedious... but necessary.

11:17 AM  
Blogger Applecheeks said...

OH MY GAWD! I just re-read the "Sparky" episode so nicely provided by Prevuze. Not only was it a hoot, it gave me a definite sense of deja vu. If you haven't yet, go read it and do the following:

- Substitute Carly for Billie.
- Substitute Melanie/Nathan/Philip for Carrie/Austin/Lucas
- Substitute Justin for Patrick
- Substitute Brady/Arianna for Frankie/Jennifer

Now tell me they don't recycle storylines. LOLOL

Word verification: plinged As in, I read the "Sparky" recap and was plinged by how much it resembles s/l's today.

11:30 AM  
Anonymous Leslie said...

Bulldog said...
People, people! Enough with the Rafe bashing!

Bulldog - We bash Rafe because we can't help ourselves. Blame the writers. They have written a character that is such a supremely boring, ego driven, and self-righteous target that it's just down right fun to poke fun at Rafe!!!!

12:08 PM  
Anonymous Berg said...

Bulldog - We bash Rafe because we can't help ourselves. Blame the writers. They have written a character that is such a supremely boring, ego driven, and self-righteous target that it's just down right fun to poke fun at Rafe!!!!
We bash Rafe because he makes us sick to our stomachs. I guess it doesn't help that Starfish is not the greatest actor in the bunch.

5:10 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hate the rapist, liar and pretend kidnapper EJ. Love the calm, thoughtful Rafe. Hate Hate Hate DOOL writers.

6:16 PM  
Anonymous Maggie Mae said...

I don't know if Ej's divorced Nicole, but isn't she allowed to keep her married name anyway so her "I'm a DiMera" would be correct even if she wasn't married to EJ anymore.

Or maybe Ej's so busy with the Sydnapping getting a divorce from a woman who's supposed to be in prison for many more years just slipped his mind.

6:46 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

thoughtful Rafe
We are watching a different show, apparently.

7:42 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


Blogarama     Globe Of Blogs