Thursday, March 18, 2010

Queen Of The Tabloids

McTavish steps up to the bars in Nicole's cell. "When I get out of here and pay you off," says Nicole, "you might want to use some of that money on a good shampoo and a mirror."

"You seem so sure you're getting out of here," says Lois, "I don't think springing a kidnapper is a good move for the person helping you."

"You have to be... persuaded," says Nicole.

Victor stands at the door and tosses insults at Anna, "Why are you here? Have you fallen on hard times? Are you selling magazine subscriptions?"

"I'm here to see Phillip," says Anna.

"He's moved out," says Victor, "Another one of his tiresome spasms of independence."

"I'm feeling a little faint," says Anna, "Could I have a glass of water?"

"Only if you tell me why you really came here," growls Victor.

EJ and Sami are at her place. EJ gushes about the kids. Sami is on her laptop and says she's applying for a job. Evidently they need someone over at the nuclear facility to stage meltdowns.

"We talked about that," says EJ.

"No," insists Sami, "I talked about it and you lectured me."

EJ says he wants to take financial responsibility for their family. A knock interrupts the conversation. EJ figures it's Stefano and gets up to answer it. Instead he finds Brady.

Arianna bops into Rafe's office. Busy Rafe plays G-man and says he's too busy to go have coffee with her. Arianna babbles. Rafe is distracted. He halfway asks what's up in her life.

"Nothing," bubbles Arianna, "Just getting married." She flashes her ring.

Carly and Vivian argue at the dock. Vivian sneers, "If you'd have gone to prison Melanie would be safe. Now I have to rethink everything."

Daniel and Chloe are at the Java Café. "You think I'm moody and weird" whines Chloe in a moody and weird way. "You also think I'm irresponsible."

"That's not true," says Daniel, "I don't think you're irresponsible."

Carly says everyone knows why Vivian took Melanie up on the roof so if anything happens to her they'll come after Vivian. Vivian says she doesn't care what happens to herself.

Rafe admires Arianna's ring, "You can imagine how many hours he spent at the arcade to get this." The guy's just the life of the party, isn't he?

Arianna chirps, "Now that Sydney is back, you, me, Brady and Sami will all be happy." Translation: the bluebird of happiness won't be flying back to Salem this spring.

Brady asks if EJ is living there. EJ ignores him and goes back to do some puttering.

Brady turns to Sami, "I feel like I just walked into Gangster Knows Best. Is he living here? Are you nuts?"

"He's just staying here," says Sami.

"How does Rafe feel about that," inquiring minds want to know.

"He understands."

"You need to get him out of here," says Brady.

"It's not your call to make," says Sami.

EJ listens and mumbles, "Sorry, pal, I'm not going anywhere." Now that John Black is gone, EJ has taken over the role of the guy with a chip on his shoulder who calls everyone 'pal.'

Daniel tries to reassure Chloe. "You don't send someone to a shrink because they're a barrel of laughs," she says.

Daniel gets serious, "I think we really do have big problems, now don't we?"

Anna says she is there to talk to Phillip about a charity in Tony's name. Victor isn't buying what Anna is selling, "Horse hockey. Why don't you stop back here... oh... Never! How does that work for you?"

Governor Ford shows up. Victor lets him inside and he sees his old flame standing there, "Anna Fredericks!"

Anna gushes, "Governor Ford!"

"Call me Jim." Call him patsy.

"What a coincidence," says Anna.

"Is it," asks Victor.

Sami blows her short stack. Brady tries to dodge the shrapnel and says he came over with good news. EJ comes back. He suggests the two of them go off and he'll look after the kids. You don't have to tell Sami to abandon her kids twice. She goes back to say goodbye and Brady warns EJ to play nice. He and Sami leave. EJ ponders.

McTavish hands Nicole her cell phone and says, "You have ten minutes. $100 plus minutes... make that $200. use your time wisely."

Nicole takes the phone. She starts to dial, but hesitates, "What am I gonna say to make him understand?"

Daniel says he thinks therapy can be a good thing, but not if she doesn't go, "Maybe we need to go together. Although God forbid the shrink could get me to stop groping my female patients."

EJ holds Sydney and opens the door to find Lexie and Theo. They immediately dump Theo in the next room to be with the other kids. DOOL believes in the old adage, 'children should be seen and not heard,' only without the part about being seen. EJ tells Lexie things are better between Sami and him.

Lexie digs, "Better? You're living here! What are you up to?"

Sami and Brady are outside the pub chatting. Sami apologizes for her explosion. Nicole calls Brady. He looks at the number as he answers, "That's a strange area code... Hello?" Silence. "Hello?" Nicole panics and doesn't say anything. Brady hangs up.

Nicole sniffles in her cell, "You're not gonna get him back with tears."

Apparently Arianna has been able to peel Rafe away from his job. They sit together at the pub and he toasts her engagement. Sami and Brady walk in and we have a four-way stare-a-thon.

Carly reminds Vivian if anything happens to her or Melanie, life is all over for Vivian, "If you try anything... we all knows what happens to Dracula when he goes out into the sun."

"It's not as bad as what's happened to you with that hairdo," says Vivian, "But... perhaps I'll just slink away into the darkness or..." Gus walks up looking menacing. "Maybe I'll just kill you and see where the chips fall."

EJ announces Sydney is asleep and the kids are playing. Lexie is suspicious about his motives for staying there, "I know how you feel about Sami."

"My fling with her was one momentary sentimental lapse," says EJ, "It's frankly a little embarrassing."

"I think you're afraid I'll figure out what you're really up to," says Lexie.

Sami and Rafe are at a table. Sami can't believe the work-a-holic isn't on the job, "Are you on a break?"

"It's not every day your little sister gets engaged," says Rafe. Sami suggests maybe he should ease up on the heavy workload. No easing up for J. Edgar Loser.

Nicole dials again. This time she calls Anna and asks whats going on. "You're keeping me from talking to the governor," says Anna, "That's what's going on."

Nicole hangs up, "It's time to call out your big... uh... guns, Anna." Lois announces she has a visitor.

Governor Jim says, "Victor, I'm sure you have a million things to do — somewhere else."

Victor turns to Anna, "I never realized you were political. Talk about strange bedfellows." He leaves.

Jim asks, "Did you come here to see me?"

Anna smiles, "I knew you would be here."

"Your timing is impeccable," says Jimbo, "When I'm done here I'm free as a bird."

Anna asks, "Will Veronica be here?"

"She has her own schedule," says the Gov, "And we have a flexible arrangement. You didn't track me down to reignite an old flame. What's up?"

Anna moves in for the kill, "You once said you'd do anything for me. The time has come."

Lois drags Nicole in to see Chloe, "Visiting hours are over. Once again, Nicole, you owe me."

Lois leaves. Chloe says, "Daniel wants me to see a shrink. I don't know what to do."

"I understand," says Nicole, "Your brain is shrunk enough already."

Carly asks, "Is this the part where I scream?"

"I don't have a weapon," says Vivian.

"You have a goon," says Carly.

Vivian says she just wanted to remind her she can take her out any time, any place. She sends Gus away. Daniel comes up and gets macho, "Back away from her, Vivian, while you still have the chance."

Anna closes the door and tells Governor Jim about her friend Nicole.

"Nicole," says Jim, "You mean Nicole Walker DiMera, the queen of the tabloids? You mean she's looking for a get out of jail card? I will be most happy to help you with this woman... when hell freezes over."

EJ continues to insist he's there to be with his daughter. Lexie doesn't buy it, "You are here because this is where Sami is."

"Home is where the tart is," says EJ.

Sami says she's thinking about how different EJ is these days. Rafe gets sarcastic. They bicker as Brady and Arianna walk up. The mood changes (not a new sensation for Sami) and they all squee about the engagement.

Chloe tells Nicole Daniel thinks they should go to the shrink together. She thinks Daniel just wants to do that to make sure she goes. She rants about Carly. Nicole asks, "What does Carly have to do with this?"

"She's a respected doctor. I'm an unemployed opera singer. She's using him the same way she used Bo and I don't want to end up like Hope. Alone. And hateful."

Carly asks, "Can you make it shut up?"

Daniel orders, "Go away."

Vivian is indignant, "This is a public place."

Daniel gets nasty, "I'll have you spending your golden years weaving baskets in an asylum."

Vivian fires back, "Lawrence wanted the dad of the bastard dead too."

"Put me right at the top of the list," says Daniel, "I want justification to take you out."

Nicole says Daniel is crazy about Chloe. "Not any more," says Chloe.

"In that case," says Nicole, "You have to do what every woman has to do to keep a relationship alive. You have to fool him."

"Good idea," says Chloe, "Can I borrow your rubber baby buggy bumper?"

Vivian decides this meeting is no longer productive. She caresses Carly's cheek, tells her to have a nice day and walks off.

Daniel assures Carly Vivian will leave Melanie alone. Carly likes the fierce Daniel that just intimidated Carly. "Let me know if she botchers you again," says Dan the man.

"I will," says Carly, "I screwed your life up. Take care of Melanie but I'm not your problem. I'm Bo's problem." She leaves.

EJ continues to try to convince Lexie he's just there for Sydney. Lexie continues to insist Sami has gotten under his skin, "Be honest with yourself."

The fearsome foursome sits at a table an talks about the wedding. Sami also mentions she's looking for a job. She says she found a clerical job, "It's an opening at the local FBI office." If the writers of this show were any more creative they could throw together about a half page of a Dick and Jane Reader. "I happen to know someone there with a lot of clout," says Sami.

"You're talking about Rafe," asks Brady.

"Exactly," beams Sami.

"And why do you think he has so much clout," asks Brady.

"They've only fired him once."




Vivian and Gus walk into the Java Café. Vivian insists Carly will pay. She calls Victor and says she has to see him about Carly.

Anna begs. Jim says it would be political suicide to pardon Nicole. I'll wind up on a reality show with Blag... Blagoy... that other guy. Look, I'll make you secretary of whatever or take you to Paris on a junket but not this."

Anna turns on the waterworks, "Jim, if you don't pardon her I am in big trouble." The tears flow. Anna tosses him a glance to see if he's buying the act.

Nicole says Chloe has to convince Daniel she wants to make the relationship work.

Chloe says, "And remind him Carly kept Melanie from him."

Nicole snaps her fingers, "By George! I think she's got it!"

Carly says Melanie hasn't changed how she feels about her. Daniel says, "If Melanie wants you back — and that's a big 'if' — you have to be available for her. Forget Vivian."

Carly likes the new Dan the Man, "I wonder if Vivian knows what she's up against."

Sami says she likes the prospect of working at the FBI. She asks Rafe, "Do you want to write me a recommendation or shall I write it for you?"

EJ insists he won't come between Sami and Rafe. Theo runs in and announces Sydney is crying. Lexie goes to check on things.

EJ makes small talk with Theo. Theo says, "Johnny told me your secret."

Chloe says, "Thanks for helping me. Here I am coming to you for advice and you're in prison."

"I don't think for much longer," Nicole smiles.

Anna bawls. Governor Jim panics, "I hate it when women cry."

Anna pours it on, "That's because you care about people."

"I care about you," says Jim.

Anna ramps it up, "If you don't pardon Nicole something horrible will happen to me. It's best you don't know what, though. If you pardon her I'll do anything to show you how grateful I am."

Governor Jim takes the bait hook, line and sinker, "Oh, boy am I in trouble. This is crazy." He moves in on her and we leave them giggling and kissing.

Victor arrives at the Java Café. Vivian tells him about Carly getting off, "The law won't take care of it but I will."

Victor toasts with his double vanilla latte half caf with extra foam and room, "Hear hear."

Carly asks if they are friends again. Daniel says it's more like they have a mutual enemy.

Rafe balks at Sami's scheme, "This isn't a good idea." Apparently a rational thought can whisk through his brain on occasion.

EJ takes Theo aside, "What secret did Johnny tell you?"

"It was about Sydney," says Theo, "That she was never gone. That she was safe with you all along."

NOTE – you can now follow Prevuze on twitter at: http://twitter.com/prevuze

Prevuze II has a video of the daily show previews, which should be available by noon (EST) on any given day. To see Prevuze II: CLICK HERE


16 Comments:

Anonymous Berg said...

Oh for Pete sake. Again. How is it possible Johnny knows enough or can even remember long enough about EJ's secret? Didn't he like tell him once? If Theo knows than he is the most brilliant person on this darn show. Rafe can't even rub two sticks together.

Where is fiery Sami? She left a long time ago and has been replaced by a John drone (see Prevuze's this is really where the John drone is).

I use to hate on Nicole but no more. I want her out of prison and agree Anna needs to do whatever she can to make it happen ..wait...um..Anna.. not that!!

True to reality (because there is no ounce of creativity left), the DOOL writers make the governor sleazy and sex crazed.

Is it Friday yet?

3:52 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I for one can't wait for the Victor,Anna scenes. She and the gov. will be hilarious.Word verifiaction, fulauagli.You figure it out.c

4:04 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ok i would really love to see Sami working !! Finally ! BUT not on a FBI office where we would only see her in scenes with Rafe, for god's sake all her scenes are with this dull guy !
Let her have a job where she can interact with other core characters please ! And with all her dirty deeds how can she be hired by the FBI ??! Rafe is not a hero he is GOD if can make her hired with all her evil baggage ! Writers writers you kill me.. And WTF Ej you propose a job to Arianna but Sami doesn't have to work ?!! SAMI HAS TO BE INDEPENDENT THANK YOU !!

Nicole has her mojo back, glad to see you back Nicole Walker but Chloe Chloe Chloe my dear ghoul girl you go to your arch-enemy/new BFF Nikki for relationship advices !?! Come on !

Anna and Jim : interesting, blackmail/seduction games..love i

Vivian make your mind : kill or back off !

Daniel takes care of your insecure girl-friend NOT CARLY ! Vivian is not afraid of you guy ! lol

Ej your adorable son betrayed you !
Little Judas mister Johnny boy : love it but still really plot writing !

5:46 AM  
Anonymous Maggie Mae said...

Wow, Johnny's smarter than Rafe who isn't smarter than a fifth grader.

6:17 AM  
Anonymous Leslie said...

"He's moved out," says Victor, "Another one of his tiresome spasms of independence."

Victor is being a helicopter parent to a 30ish son with a wife. When children Phillip’s age finally fly the coop, most parents raise a glass and celebrate.

Sami is on her laptop and says she's applying for a job. Evidently they need someone over at the nuclear facility to stage meltdowns.

Tooooooooo funny and ever soooooooooooo true!!! LOL!!!! To list all her qualifications for that position, Sami's resume would have to be a mile long!!

EJ says he wants to take financial responsibility for their family.

Since Rafe is so set on being Daddy Dearest to all of Sami’s children, I’m surprised he’s not the one encouraging Sami to be a stay at home mom. After all, he is the FBI’s top agent - as if!! Rafe should be pretty high on the pay scale so he must be making enough money to pay all the bills.

Nicole sniffles in her cell, "You're not gonna get him back with tears."

Finally, a woman in Salem who has figured out that tears don’t solve problems. All the blubbering just annoys the hell out of the viewers.

"Gus walks up looking menacing. "Maybe I'll just kill you and see where the chips fall."

What’s it going to take for Carly to finally file a restraining order against Vivian? I should think that would be a piece of cake for Bo.

Lois drags Nicole in to see Chloe, "Visiting hours are over. Once again, Nicole, you owe me."

After visiting hours, Chloe wouldn’t be able to get through the front door. The guards wouldn’t even have given her a chance to go through the metal detector. It’s not like Nicole is in Mayberry’s jail. For gosh sakes, she’s incarcerated in a federal prison.

"You have a goon," says Carly.

…but he’s a cute goon.

“You have to fool him."

"Good idea," says Chloe, "Can I borrow your rubber baby buggy bumper?"

Since that worked so well for Nicole, why is Chloe visiting her in jail? If Chloe takes Nicole’s advice, she really needs a shrink – stat!!!

I have to agree with Berg. I can’t see Johnny blabbing about a secret weeks after it was shared with him. He was also very specific about the details. It sounds crazy to me but I’ve never had any children. Is it possible?

6:25 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

My kids (ages 8 and 6) remind me of everything. Remember your said we could...

6:37 AM  
Blogger Applecheeks said...

Carly and Vivian argue at the dock. Vivian sneers, "If you'd have gone to prison Melanie would be safe. Now I have to rethink everything."

This is one of those observations I make when characters don’t do something so OBVIOUS even Sydney could come up with it…why the hell doesn’t Carly carry a tape recorder and tape Vivian making her threats? In this instance Carly may not have known she’d run into Viv, but she could carry one just in case. OR, purposely arrange to meet Vivian and get her talking. Heck, bring BigHeroBo into the situation. He wants to nail Vivian. Have him wire Carly for sound. JEEZ!

“…use your time wisely

McTavish appears to be channeling Project Runway’s Tim Gunn. LOL

Here was a HUH?! moment:
Lois leaves. Chloe says, "Daniel wants me to see a shrink. I don't know what to do."

Chloe drags herself all the way over to Statesville to ask the woman who infected her with flesh-eating bacteria if she should visit a therapist? I believe her actions just answered her own question for her.

If the writers of this show were any more creative they could throw together about a half page of a Dick and Jane Reader.

My, Prevuze is being very generous today.

Bulldog, for someone who has only been on one plane trip you know a lot about the agony of plane travel. Loved the picture. LOL

I also got a big laugh out of J. Edgar Loser. Prevuze at it's best. Thanks!

7:10 AM  
Anonymous Bulldog said...

Applecheeks - you took the suggestion right off of my keyboard. I was going to write the same thing about recording these conversations. (Great minds, eh?) Only not only now, why didn't Carly do that before when Vivian was making all of her threats toward Melanie and they were all trying to convince Melanie how dangerous Vivian is, etc.? TLT.

OK, if a show can 'Jump the Shark' then I guess a character can, too. I've always liked Sami but letting EJ live there? That's it. Have her and Rafe/Lucas/EJ/Whoever's next go live with Payla in Timbuktu. I'm officially sick of her.

My 'HUH?' moment today is Victor leaving a fund raiser at his own house because Vivian called and wants to talk to him. Over something they've rehashed before and she could've come over there and told him or better yet told him on the phone! Victor would've not-so-politely told her to shove off.

I'm ranting aren't I? Too much caffeine. HAHAHAHA

I really woke up my coworkers laughing over "It's not as bad as what's happened to you with that hairdo" and "I don't want to end up like Hope. Alone. And hateful."

Thanks for the great Prevuze!

8:18 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

~I though EJ was just staying for the night? Now he lives there?

Chloe says, "Daniel wants me to see a shrink. I don't know what to do."
So she drives to prison for a chat? Doesn't she have any other friends, of the non-lethal variety maybe?

She thinks Daniel just wants to do that to make sure she goes.
Good thinking.

She's using him the same way she used Bo and I don't want to end up like Hope. Alone. And hateful."
My idea for Chloe is for her to infect Carly with a flesh eating bacteria and that way Carly won't return until her... oh wait, never mind.

Chloe says, "Thanks for helping me. Here I am coming to you for advice and you're in prison."
Indeed, look at where she is. All because she had unprotected sex in an elevator.

Therefore one can conclude; Unprotected sex -> Prison.
A good case for celibacy.

"It was about Sydney," says Theo, "That she was never gone. That she was safe with you all along."
My, my. Johnny is quite the well spoken 4 year old isn't he?

~Really though this is likely Theo's plot to blackmail EJ. He's a DiMera after all and is just getting started young.

9:28 AM  
Anonymous sbrLori said...

Klaus, Theo and his first blackmail scheme hahahahahaha. Good thing everyone at work is watching basketball as I my laughter was very loud.

Thanks Prevuze -- we love you (the show, not so much).

9:56 AM  
Anonymous Betyar said...

I don't mind that EJ's living at Sami's place. It's far more exciting of a plot than the not-so-macho FBI man's idea of marital bliss, trying to raise EJ's kids with Sami.

I didn't know that when toddlers got together they discuss heavy things such as "family secrets". These writers are definitely good a writing fiction...

10:18 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Bulldog Ej doesn't live at Sami's house, he is very very often here though (with the excuse to be with his children that he want far far away from Stefano so the less of time possible at the Dimansion) so the other characters exaggerate telling he lives here in order to show him that he spends too much time at her house or with her ..

10:49 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

No, Anonymous, EJ is spending the nights at Sami's and that means you could say hes living there at least temporary.

10:55 AM  
Blogger Applecheeks said...

My idea for Chloe is for her to infect Carly with a flesh eating bacteria and that way Carly won't return until her... oh wait, never mind.

LOLOLOLOL Good one, Klaus!

12:31 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Just got finished watching yesterday show. Looks like Carly and Viv pissed off the hairdresser.Don't think Chloe made any friends either. Really bad do's.

1:01 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I just saw Prevuze II, and I want to know HOW EJ got a GUN onto that airplane? Its not a private jet! TSA, where were you???

8:31 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


Blogarama     Globe Of Blogs