Monday, March 15, 2010

Her Skinny Butt

Nicole stands in her cell and wonders how Anna could have possibly taken Sydney. She remembers Anna calling Sydney 'Sweet Pea' and that seals the deal, "OMG, it was Anna!"

Bo is at the pub barking orders over the phone as Phillip walks in. Bo tells Phillip Carly wants to plead guilty. "Good," says Phillip.

Hope and Carly are at the pier trading nasty comments. Hope mocks Carly as Justin walks up. Carly tells him she's going to plead guilty and let everyone move on.

Stephanie shows up at the hospital and finds Nathan, "I heed to talk to you... about us... and Melanie."

Max is in with Melanie and they decide they have missed each other. Daniel walks in and asks if Melanie wants to get out of the hospital.

Nicole shoves her face through the bars, "I need a phone!"

Unsympathetic McTavish walks up, "Right. And I need a house by the beach with an Infinity pool."

The captain announces Anna's plane is ready for takeoff. Anna zones, "Just a few more minutes and I am home free. Out of sight... out of reach."

Vivian is at the cemetery standing with some guy, "I know it's an odd request, but I want Lawrence's ashes available... close to me."

Mortimer walks over and unveils Lawrence's new tombstone. Vivian approaches it, stoops down and reads the inscription...

LAWRENCE ALAMAIN

Loving Nephew, Father, Husband
Well, husband not so much.

MARCH 15, 1960
OCT. 5, 2009


HEY! HAPPY BIRTHDAY LAWRENCE!

Carly asks for a moment alone with Hope. Justin leaves. Carly apologizes for offending her and thanks her for trying to convince Melanie. Hope, unsurprisingly, says she has more to say.

Nicole tries to convince McTavish to let her call, "I'll make it worth your while. I know wealthy people. We can help each other. But I have to make the call now."

Bo snarls around about Vivian. Phillip isn't interested, "What's best for Melanie is that Carly is out of her life."

Stephanie and Nathan have bopped over to the Java Café. Stephanie tells him about the letter Melanie gave her to pass along to him.

Daniel tells Melanie she can be released. He and Max exchange pleasantries and then Dan leaves. "I like him," says Max, "He's a good dude. How are things between you?"

"Weird," says Melanie, "It's all so sudden."

Max says he has to go. Melanie begs him not to, but Max stands firm and asks her to try to accept the situation with her new parents, "You're not a kid now. You're all 'growns' up. You have a mom and dad and you need both. Can you at least try to give Daniel a chance?"

"Just to get you off my back." Bawling and hugging ensues.

Mortimer asks if there is a problem. Vivian says things are fine and asks to be alone. She turns to the grave marker, "Not quite what you envisioned, Lawrence, but I will avenge your death. I will get my pound of flesh."

"If it's Carly you're talking about," says Lawrence, "Bo has already gotten way more than a pound."

Hope tells Carly going to jail just to calm Vivian is wrong. Carly disagrees, "This is about what must be and will be. Whatever will be will be. Que Sera Sera."

Anna sits and wonders why the plane hasn't taken off. Her phone rings, "Area code 309, who could that be?"

She picks up. Nicole beams, "It's Nicole... long time no talk."

"And that has made me realize how true the old adage is," says Anna, "Silence is golden."

Bo assures Phillip Carly won't interfere with his life with Melanie.

"She shot her," says Phillip, "I'd call that a form of interference."

Max interrupts. He, Bo and Phillip share a dysfunctional family moment. Max is full of platitudes, "Congratulations on your marriage, Phillip, and your messed up life, Bo." Phillip walks off and Bo asks Max how Chelsea is doing. "She's the same old irritating brat she always was," says Max."

Bo tells him life has gotten complicated. Max says he's up to speed on things. "No one is really rooting for Carly and me," says Bo.

"I don't judge," says Max, "Even though you'll burn in hell for throwing away your marriage for a tawdry fling with a murderess."

Hope says she knows things must be painful for Carly, "I'm sorry for what you have been through." Hope leaves without scratching her eyes out. Justin comes back up to Carly. He tells her she doesn't have to plead guilty, but Carly stands firm.

Daniel is back in with Melanie. She thanks him for saving her life and says she has a request, "Can we please never talk about Carly again?" Daniel no can do.

Nicole asks Anna to come to Statesville. Anna says no. "Why would I do that?"

"Anna, we both know exactly why."

Bo philosophizes about his relationship with Hope. His phone rings and he says he has to go. He hugs Max — a guy hug, "Tell that daughter of mine to get her skinny butt home — enough with the photos and texts, I want to see her in person, even though we'll be at each other's throats five minutes after she gets here. Take care of yourself."

"You, too, bro." Bo books.

Phillip comes up to Max and says he wants to talk. Phillip says he knows Max doesn't approve of his marriage to Melanie. Max says he doesn't trust Phillip with Melanie's happiness, "I've told her again and again, stay away from the rich, successful types."

Stephanie says she tired to give Nathan the letter but shifts the blame to him because he said he didn't want to talk about Melanie. Nathan says, "You need to tell me exactly what was in this letter, Stephanie."

Daddy and daughter argue about Carly. Melanie wonders what would have happened if Carly hadn't given her up.

Vivian sees Hope wandering through the cemetery. Hope says she's there visiting Zack's grave. Vivian emotes, "isn't it sad? Two innocents cut down."

Speaking of cutting down, Hope cuts her off at the knees, "Don't you dare say that. Lawrence was a... I won't even say it. Don't make that comparison again. Not ever."

Carly flashes back to a few scenes with Melanie. Some we've seen, some we haven't. If you want my opinion, we didn't need to see any of them. "It went so fast," says Carly, "Now it's gone."

Anna insists she isn't coming to the prison and hangs up. Nicole smiles, "She'll come."

Stephanie lies to Nathan, "I didn't read the letter. I don't know what was in it." She says she told Melanie Nathan said he didn't want to read it.

Nathan blows a gasket, "Stephanie, you had no right!"

Melanie suggests Daniel, Chloe, Phillip and her go out together, "I want to know everything about you. Childhood. All that stuff. Maybe you can help me figure out who I am." Daniel smiles and goes for her paperwork.

Outside, Dan'sdan's phone rings. It's Justin. He picks up and listens, "OMG!"

Vivian defends Lawrence. "I heard he was deranged and dangerous," says Hope.

"He was kind-hearted," insists Vivian, "He was like a son to me. The painful memories keep coming back. How can you stand to have Carly in your house with your daughter?"

Hope drops the bomb, "Carly is pleading guilty."

Vivian chirps, "That is music to my ears. She turns to Lawrence's marker, "Carly will pay for what she did to you. This is so joyous."

DA Woods is with Justin, "I'm just happy it's comping to a swift resolution."

Bo interrupts, "It's not." Carly steps up and insists she has made up her mind. Bo insists not.

McTavish hauls Nicole to the visitor area. Fay is there waiting for her. Nicole smiles, "I'm happy you're here."

Fay grumbles, "Why are you happy?"

"For the first time in I can't remember how long," says Nicole, "I have Hope. It's just a feeling I have that things are turning around for me."

Phillip insists he loves Melanie, "No one can be better for her than me."

Max goes for the jugular, "Just like Stephanie." A referee throws a flag and penalizes Max for unsportsmanlike conduct. "Don't even think about doing to Melanie what you did to Stephanie."

"I already did," says Phillip.

"I know," says Max, "I saw it on the Internet."


Nathan blows his stack and gets up, "You've pulled the strings long enough. This game is over."

"I just did what I thought was right," says Stephanie. Nathan storms out.

Bo and Carly argue about her situation. Carly shouts, "I was playing God with people's lives. I want to pay for my mistakes. Please let me do it."

Melanie has dressed. Daniel comes in and says Carly is pleading guilty. Melanie freaks, "NO!" Daniel says Melanie is the only person who can help her. Melanie whines, "I need more time."

"That is the one thing you don't have."

Stephanie finds Max at the pier, "Is that you or am I dreaming?"

Max asks, "Is that you or am I having a nightmare?" He explains why he's there. Stephanie is soooo happy for him. He asks how she is doing. "I've been better."

"Step into my office," says Dr. Max, "So what's wrong? Stephanie says she's actually glad Melanie and Phillip got married because she found someone else, She says there have been problems with her new relationship, but vows to make it right.

We are at the hearing. DA Woods says the defendant has something to say. Everybody stares. Carly makes the big announcement, "I would like to change my plea to guilty." Woods recommends the maximum sentence.

"I just want this to be over," whines Carly.

"Stand and I will pass sentence."

Bo interrupts, "Before you do that, I'd like to ask about the conjugal visit policy at Statesville."

Vivian says she is happy about Carly's guilty plea. She advises Hope to be happy too.

Holier-than-thou Hope says, "I don't rejoice in other people's misery. I create it." Hope walks off.

Nicole is vague about why things are looking up. Fay tells her to face reality. Nicole tells her to leave. Fay suggests Nicole come to terms with her situation. Nicole kicks her out. "Just promise you won't do anything foolish," says Fay.

"The only thing I can promise is you won't hear from me again," says Nicole, "Goodbye, Mother."

Fay leaves. Nicole drones, "Maybe I am deluding myself. Maybe all I did was make Anna suspicious." McTavish comes in and says Miss Popularity has another visitor. Anna walks in. We have an eyebrow raising contest.

Stephanie vows to fix things. "What's up," asks Max, "Hit me." Max doubles over in pain from the blow to the solar plexus and reminds her he wasn't being literal.

"No good deed goes unpunished," says the martyr, "I took a risk and the guy is mad and I'm gonna fix things. I'm kinda glad it happened. This will only make us closer."

Nathan busts into Daniel's office, "Where is Melanie?" Phillip follows, "Why do you care?" Daniel stares.

Vivian looks at Lawrence's tombstone, "Victory is finally ours, darling."

Carly stands. The judge begins to pass sentence. Outside, we hear workers building a scaffold. "After reviewing the state's case against you, Dr. Manning..." Melanie plows into the room. Bo stares. Carly stares. Melanie stares.

Anna wants to know what Nicole is up to, "Are you going to just sit and stare? You don't have anything to say?"

"I do," says Nicole.

"Say it."

"It's something Sami said to me once," says Nicole, "You bitch, you stole my daughter."

Anna opens her mouth so wide the collagen starts to leak out.

NOTE – you can now follow Prevuze on twitter at: http://twitter.com/prevuze

Prevuze II has a video of the daily show previews, which should be available by noon (EST) on any given day. To see Prevuze II: CLICK HERE


21 Comments:

Anonymous mike said...

Maybe enough collagen will leak out to turn her into Olive Oyl?! lol

3:47 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday Lawrence !
Nicole, girl Sydney IS NOT YOUR DAUGHTER ! Nicole's come back as bad-ass : good thing Nicole's come back as again delusional : bad bad thing.
These writers have to always screwed up a good thing mmmhmm ?

4:57 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

After reading about Dr. Baker returning to Days, when will we find out that Nicole's baby was actually alive...? This could really get interesting.

5:22 AM  
Anonymous LemonGrass1985 said...

Interesting or to stupid for words?

Nicole's baby died. Those are the breaks bad as they are.

Nicole needs to have another miracle, this one with Brady,you know, the guy who loves her even thru her faults.

5:30 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dr Baker could come back for someone unexpected..actually...

5:31 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

"holier than thou Hope"...OMG...she must drive a Prius!

6:03 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

"holier than thou Hope"..OMG...she must drive a Prius!

6:05 AM  
Anonymous Leslie said...

Hope and Carly are at the pier trading nasty comments.

For gosh sakes, Carly is sleeping with Hope’s husband. It would be amazing if they weren’t trading nasty comments. However, I do find it surprising that they are even talking to each other.

HEY! HAPPY BIRTHDAY LAWRENCE!

…beware of the Ides of March and et tu, Brute. By the way, why did Vivian have Lawrence buried in Salem? Do the Alamains have family plot. Just asking.

“I will get my pound of flesh."

"If it's Carly you're talking about," says Lawrence, "Bo has already gotten way more than a pound."

LOL!!!

Carly disagrees, "This is about what must be and will be. Whatever will be will be. Que Sera Sera."

Visions of Doris Day are now dancing through my head. What a way to start Monday!

Bo asks Max how Chelsea is doing. "She's the same old irritating brat she always was," says Max."

Isn’t that just the truth?! After spending so much time moaning and groaning about Trent and not really having a mother, you would think the little twit would welcome Carly and Daniel with open arm. Oh no – not drama queen Melanie. She insists on playing the “injured child” card.

"Don't even think about doing to Melanie what you did to Stephanie."

"I already did," says Phillip.

"I know," says Max, "I saw it on the Internet."

When your sister pops up on the Internet, chatty sis/bro e-mails aren’t necessary.

Fay tells her to face reality.

Nothing resembling reality exists on DOOL.

McTavish comes in and says Miss Popularity has another visitor. Anna walks in.

Why didn’t Anna ignore Nicole’s request for an audience? Of course the bigger question is – how did Anna get from the airport to Statesville so quickly? Geez!!!

Thanks for the super recap Prevuze and happy Monday everyone!!!

6:20 AM  
Anonymous embee said...

Shut up Nicole. I guess I'm in the minority that I find Nicole completely annoying in the short time she has been back. Her indignation at having someone do to her what she did to EJ and Sami (Sydney's actual parents) is laughable.

6:25 AM  
Anonymous Leslie said...

LemonGrass1985 said...
Interesting or to stupid for words?

I couldn’t agree with you more. Along with Lucas impregnating Sami through sleep walking sex, this is one of the more bizarre scenarios floating about. Nicole lost her baby early in her pregnancy because the fetus wasn’t viable. Even if the fetus had live, it would take extraordinary medical care to keep such an incredibly premature baby alive. The kind of care that Dr. Baker's clinic couldn't begin to handle. The hospital and doctor bills would have been astronomical, and someone would have had to pay those bills. Dr. Baker? Hardly!

6:44 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Leslie, an even bigger question is how did Anna get off the plane in the first place? Have you ever tried to get off a plane that was already in line for takeoff?

6:52 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Leslie let's talk about Bo mime sex !! LOLOLOLOLOLLOLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL
or Billie foetus miscarriage Georgia/Chelsea LLLLLOLLLLLLLLL moreover this regime is under Gary Tomlin, the guy wrote for Passions so yes it is totally ridiculous but sadly i can see them write this hilarious scenario. (no wonder Days never win any emmys or other prizes !)

7:26 AM  
Anonymous Bulldog said...

If Anna was on the plane why didn't she have her cell phone off?

Can anyone explain the reason for having Max come back for these scenes?

- - - - - - - - c r i c k e t s - - - - - - -

I didn't know Dr. Baker is coming back but I'm glad. I always enjoyed his scenes with Nicole.

LOL over Holier-than-thou Hope says, "I don't rejoice in other people's misery. I create it." and Anna opens her mouth so wide the collagen starts to leak out. Although I think that's more apt to happen with Kate. HAHAHAHA

And Anon, I also laughed at trying to get off a plane that's ready for takeoff. Since this is DOOL she probably not only got off the plane they were probably kind enough to unload all her luggage, too. ;)

Thanks for the Monday morning chuckles, Prevuze!

7:40 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Y'all have to suspend any type of belief in reality when it comes to medical situations on Days. My son is a kidney transplant recipient and they soooo mishandled the Patch/Jack kidney transplant scenario that nothing they write medically can surprise me.

My word verification: prowe...as in "The prowe of Shawn and Belle's boat just came in my front door..."

7:41 AM  
Blogger Applecheeks said...

Loved the "sweet pea" picture. That's exactly what I think of when Anna uses that phrase. LOL

I just have to scratch my head over Anna getting off the plane (would never happen), getting to the prison within minutes (Salem transporter no doubt), and actually talking to Nicole. Lady, you have $5 million! Get to the nearest country with no extradition agreement with the US and just thumb your nose at all of them!!

"I heard he was deranged and dangerous," says Hope.

You just "heard" he was dangerous?? What, him raping your cousin doesn't seal the deal for you, Hope? I know you were "out of town" during this time, but still...

This is definitely a "can miss" episode. Thanks for sucking it up and watching for us Prevuze.

PS - Thanks, anonymous, for keeping us in the Shawn/Belle news loop. lolol

8:41 AM  
Anonymous LB said...

Of all the things the writer's have written on on this show -from Carly being buried alive to Marlena being held as the Queen of the Night in the sewers of Paris to the Garden of Eden and up to & including Nicole's fetus possibly surviving - the most unbelievable thing I've ever seen is someone able to get off of a commercial plane that is on the runway and in line for take off.

9:31 AM  
Blogger Prevuze said...

The airplane thing. We weren't on the runway, but I was on a plane once that came close to doing that. We had pulled back from the jetway and the flight attendant came on the squawk box with her spiel, "Welcome aboard flight so-and-so to Los Angeles. We hope you enjoy your flight today and I do want to remind you this flight is going to the John Wayne Airport in Orange county and not Los Angeles International Airport. Now, if you'll take a moment to..."

Suddenly, there was a ruckus behind me and two guys came to the front of the plane, arms full of all their carry-on baggage asking to get off shouting all the way they were headed for LAX and were on the wrong plane. So we had to pull back up to the jetway area and let the two guys off. I suppose I should point out this happened before all the 9-11 measures were put into place, FWIW. I don't know if that counts, but that's my story and I'm stickin' to it.

“Life is hard; it's harder if you're stupid.” - John Wayne

10:45 AM  
Anonymous Scolly said...

Once on a flight leaving Detroit about 25 years ago we were already doing the take off down the runway and they slammed on the brakes because of some sort of malfunction with the air system. We wheeled back to the terminal while they fixed it. Didn't get to leave the plane while they did that. Altho I was so nervous already I felt like screaming to get off the plane.

Oh, BTW, by the time we got to our destination the tornado sirens were blaring at that airport so that's what we were flying into. The whole thing was such a fun experience I haven't flown since. :P

11:33 AM  
Blogger Prevuze said...

Wow, Scol... and I'll bet for the whole flight you were worried the baggage handlers would lose your suitcase with the $5 million payoff in it.

11:41 AM  
Anonymous LB said...

Prevuze- I fly A LOT. The experience I'm using as my example:
left NC to fly direct to Philly. We circled in DC before landing in DC due to hold ups in Philly and insufficient fuel to circle in Philly. Once on the ground we did not have a gate (or food or water) since we weren't expected to stop in DC. For a couple of hours we got updates on we're leaving soon. But due to Philly holding traffic, there was backlog. And we'd lost our landing spot. As well as our take off spot in DC. For a while, they refused to let anyone off. This was a business flight and people were getting extremely upset and making very valid points that they could rent cars to get where they were going faster. Finally, the rolled the stairs up and gave people the opportunity to get off - at their cost, not the airlines- customers would not be reimbursed and their lugguage would continue to Philly where they could pick it up. People would also have to pay to fly standby back to GSO or wherever if they got off the plane. This was in 2006 - after 9/11 and right as people began to hit their breaking points with the airlines. 2006 was a particularly fun travel year for me - out of over 50 segments on several airlines, not one single flight went smoothly - lost lugguage, breaks failing, tires blowing out, break fluid leaking, airline selling seats for a 100+ seat plane and a 75 person plane being at the gate and the gate not knowing it so allowing people to head to the tarmac with the plane crew not allowing ppl to board but the gate not allowing people to come back to the gate because they didn'tbelieve the passengers weren't being allowed to board, and I could literally go on & on. Other people in my company actively avoided flying on my flights due to my luck!

5:36 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm posting this a day late and probably no one will see it BUT I had to add my own Prevuism: "I just did what I thought was right," says Stephanie. (for me). That girl is something else.

Thanks for the great recap as always!

My word verification is "sessest" as in "EJ is the sessest man alive".

9:39 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


Blogarama     Globe Of Blogs