Tuesday, March 23, 2010

The Circus

Bo has come to see Victor and talk about Vivian's revenge fantasy. Victor contends it won't stop until either Carly or Vivian is dead.

Vivian meets Carly at the Java Café.

Nathan and Melanie stand in Maggie's kitchen and discuss guess the letter. Nathan grills her about the contents. Mel will tell. Nathan asks, "What was in it?"

"The truth," says Melanie.

Sami looks at a picture of her and Rafe. EJ takes it from her and tells her Rafe may be out of her life but she isn't alone. He sneaks a peek at the Guy Manual, "Now, put a hand on her shoulder like you actually give a crap." He puts a hand on her shoulder.

Nicole is on a plane dreaming of Brady. In her fantasy, she tells him, "Brady, I'm free. They let me out of prison."

"But that's impossible," gasps Fantasy-Brady.

Back to reality – Nicole sighs, "He's gonna be so happy and surprised. Thank you Anna."

Brady chases Arianna around the tiki-bar in her teeny-weeny bikini. Arianna lets him catch her, "You can put your hands anywhere you want. But no tickling."

"In a couple hours," says Brady, "you'll be Mrs. Brady Black."

Anna sits on a plane, "No more Nicole... No one can touch me now, Unless Governor Jimmy shows up."

Rafe stands at the gov's door. "I'm your man," says Jimbo, "What can I do for the FBI?"

Rafe cuts to the chase, "Why did you pardon Nicole Walker?"

Governor Jim pontificates, "I pardoned her because I had no choice. I am a man of the people and if the people want something I have to do that."

Rafe doesn't get it (a common occurrence), "So the voters wanted you to pardon her?"

"They did," says the gov, "I know hers was a sad story. And I am not the only one who felt this way about her. I think she has suffered enough. The people have spoken."

Rafe growls, "You wanna tell me why you're lying about this?"

The captain comes over the intercom on Anna's plane, "We are experiencing a small engine problem and may have to return to Salem."

"What's wrong," gasps Anna.

"I just told you," says the captain, "We have a small engine problem. We need a bigger one."

Melanie stammers, "I wanted to say I'm sorry for all the problems I have caused you and to say goodbye." Nathan doesn't buy it.

Vivian taunts Carly. Carly gets defensive. Vivian threatens. Carly don' care. Vivian says her threats will come true very soon.

Bo insists Vivian's vendetta ends now. Victor tells him that's great sentiment but he can't change the facts. Bo snarls, "I haven't made myself clear. If Vivian has to be eliminated for the circus to end I will eliminate her."

EJ reminds Sami she has her kids together under the same roof, "Don't be too discouraged. These things tend to work themselves out. You did the right thing and Rafe resents you for that — For taking his pride."

Sami says she appreciates EJ's optimism but doesn't see how she and Rafe will get past this. Pollyanna DiMera tells her to accentuate the positive, eliminate the negative and don't mess with Mr. In-Between.

Jimbo gets indignant. Rafe threatens to open an investigation, "I'm gonna give you one chance to tell me why Nicole DiMera was set free."

"It's a little indiscreet," says Jimbo, "But a certain woman who shall remain unnamed suggested if I pardoned Nicole, we could try the starfish position."

"Oh, now I completely understand," says Rafe.

Brady is on the phone. He gets off and says the JP is on his way, "Everything is falling into place. The flowers are ready in the garden, the JP is on the way... All this stuff is happening and all I need is a GIRL who will say I do."

"That would be me," says Arianna.

"And no one will know until the deed is done," says Brady.

Nicole continues to dream on the plane. She flashes forward to telling Brady about learning her lesson, and learning there is only one person for her, "Love me again Brady. Will you give me another chance?"

Fantasy Brady reaches out and touches her cheek, "God, Nicole."

Nicole pops back to reality, "It won't happen that fast but Brady will love me again."

EJ says he meant being there with her and her children is a blessing he treasures every day, "You won't regret it."

"I know I won't."

"So let me help you," says EJ, "Focus on something positive. Our kids."

"You're right," says Sami, "Remind me... which ones are ours?"

Governor Jim says the pardoning of a prisoner is a state matter, "If you open the file your superiors will be on you faster than you can blink. It's over."

Rafe growls, "It's a long way from over." He leaves.

Victor says he doubts Bo would commit murder, "You couldn't get away with it. That would take intelligence."

"I wouldn't try," says Bo, "I would own up to it."

"You could spend your life in prison," says Victor.

"Better than being with Hope," says Bo, "Vivian has to realize this ends now or I will put her away."

Victor asks, "You'd give up your life for a cheap slut?"

"I've made a habit of it," says Bo, "I would do anything to protect Carly and unlike you would not throw people away who I love."

"You mean like you threw away Hope and Ciara," asks Victor. Victor plays the family card, "This could kill your mother."

"Then do something about it before I have to take matters into my own hands," threatens Bo.

Carly asks, "Are you finished?"

"Not until you leave the planet," says Vivian, "Your hands are trembling and well they should."

"That's true," says Carly, "This is my fifth cup of coffee."

Vivian's phone rings. She sees it's Victor and picks up, "Hello my sunshine!"

"Get your ass over to my place," says Sunshine.

Vivian chokes and turns to Carly, "Toodle. I have to go."

Melanie insists she needed closure, "I really fell for you. Like hard. I wanted it to work out but we... I blew it. I made a decision and it was great because Phillip is the best, so let's just get this letter thing taken care of. I wrote it because I wanted us to let go and be friends."

"I can't be friends with someone who acts like that," snorts Nathan, "This is over." He huffs out.

Sami and EJ continue their mutual admiration society as Rafe busts in and announces Nicole is free.

Nicole sleeps and then wakes with a start, "What if someone lets him know I was pardoned. Arianna could call him in Santo Domingo. I have to call." She picks up the seat phone and dials. Brady's phone rings. Nicole chokes.

Stephanie finds Carly at the Java Café and asks if she's OK. Stephanie says she heard about the mother-daughter thing. "There's something you haven't heard," says Carly, "Melanie hates my guts." She walks off.

"Join the club," says Stephanie.

Nicole hangs up and hyperventilates, "He didn't sound upset. Who knows? Maybe Arianna doesn't know he's there and I'll have him all to myself. Yeah."

Brady stares at his phone. Then he goes back to staring at her low low top. Arianna asks, "Can you think how Melanie will feel about this — The little matchmaker?" Brady decides he has to go take care of a few things. He tosses his phone at her and tells her to tel Melanie.

Arianna makes her call, "It's Arianna, with some great news." Melanie gives her patented whine. Arianna asks, "Are you OK?"

"No, I'm a long way from OK," says Melanie.

Sami and EJ have a conniption as Rafe gives them details about the Governor pardoning Nicole, "As of right now no one knows where she is." EJ decides to pay Jimbo a visit.

"Who does Nicole know to get her a pardon," asks Sami.

The captain announces the problem is fixed. William Shatner sits in the aisle across from Anna, "No. It's not fixed. Can't you see him? He's out on the wing! Oh, God! He's... he's... OHMYGODNO!"

Bo meets Carly at the dock, "It's over, done."

"I'm sorry," says Carly, "but she just threatened me."

"She will be stopped one way or the other," threatens Mr. Macho.

Vivian is back with Victor at the Kiriakis mansion. They step into the den and Victor tells her the vendetta ends today, "You are not to touch a hair on Carly's head."

"Even with that awful hairdo?"

"If you keep this up Bo will put you six feet under," says Victor, "He's not bluffing." Vivian protests. Victor puts his foot down.

Vivian whines, "My raison d'etre is to kill that woman."

"Asking you to be merciful is like asking a dog not to bark," says Victor, "I only have one thing to offer you."

"What," asks Vivian, "

Victor makes the ultimate sacrifice, "Me."

Stephanie meets Nathan at the hospital. He says he talked to Melanie, "It turns out what was in the letter wasn't so important."

"What exactly did she tell you," asks Stephanie.

Arianna asks for details. Melanie brushes her off, "What was your good news?"

"You know that guy Brady," asks Arianna, "We're eloping."

Melanie has a cow. A happy cow, "What? Are you? Awesome! Why am I not a bridesmaid?"

"We don't want any gunplay at our wedding," says Arianna.

"When you get back," squeaks Melanie, "I'm throwing you a shower. You tell Brady not to screw this up." Brady busts in, says he can hear the conversation and vows he won't. They hang up.

Melanie sobs and looks at her phone. She makes another call, "Hi, husband. Just want to say how much I love you, so it'll be a short conversation."

Rafe is on the phone with Roman managing security. He gets off, "I'm probably overreacting. No one has seen Nicole. I have to go see why the Governor is really in town." He makes sure she will be OK and starts to go.

Sami stops him, "I know what I said, but I don't want us to be apart tonight or ever."

Brady comes up behind Arianna. Arianna turns and sees him in his cabana-boy outfit, "You are looking sharp."

Brady soaks in her invisible bikini, "And your bikini thing works for me. You don't need a white dress."

"I just bought it," says Arianna, "Besides, I deserve a white dress, since I'm pure as the driven snow."

"I think you drifted a bit," says Brady.
He gives her pearls, "Last minute regrets? Let me hear them."

Arianna asks, "Are you kidding." The JP runs up and apologizes for being late.

Nathan apologizes for blowing up on Stephanie, "Melanie should never have put you in the middle."

"If she hadn't," says Stephanie, "Things wouldn't be over for us."

"Maybe they don't have to be," says the glutton for punishment.

Victor falls on his sword, throws himself under the bus and all those other metaphors for guys who aren't thinking straight, "You always wanted our arrangement to be permanent. Lets get married." Vivie is giddy, but says she's not sure she wants to give up revenge. "Well," says Victor, "That's the deal."

"I'm gonna have to think about this," says Vivian.

Bo rambles on, "So I left it at that. Victor takes care of this or I do." Carly begs him to promise not to do that. Bo stands his ground, "In the end the law couldn't protect you, but I will."

"There has to be another way," says Vivian.

"I love you," says Bo, "And I won't let anyone take you form me. Never." Hugs.

Rafe says he doesn't want them to be apart, but doesn't see how things can be different. He leaves. Sami stares.

Outside Rafe stares.

Governor Jim opens the door to leave but finds EJ. EJ ain' a happy camper, "How dare you!"

Nathan says he thinks he and Stephanie should be back on track. Stephanie thinks this makes her second choice.

"No," protests Nathan, "More like 'bottom of the barrel.'"

Melanie finishes her conversation with Phillip and Nathan's apparition walks up. She continues to see him appear and disappear, "Goodbye, Nathan."

Bo and Carly engage in some preliminary callisthenics on the dock. Bo comes up for air, "I'll always (say it with him) be here for you." Vivian watches.

The JP says he doesn't have the license. Brady tells him it's no problem as the JP goes to get it. On the way out he bumps into Nicole. She asks, " Is Brady Black here?"

"Certainly," says the JP, "And you must be the beautiful bride."

Anna sits on the plane and sighs, "Free at last."

Rafe comes to see Victor. He asks about the Governor being there, "Did his visit have anything to do with him pardoning Nicole?"

Jim says he thought EJ was behind the pardon. EJ wonders, "Why would you think that?"

"Because," says the Governor, "The request came from your family."

Victor wants to know why Rafe would think Jim's visit had something to do with the pardon.

We flip back and forth between scenes of Victor and the Governor. Victor says, "Well, the Governor was here but... OMG!"

EJ asks, "The request came from my family? You mean my father..."

"No," says Jim, "Your sister-in-law..."

Victor puts two and two together, "Anna DiMera!"

Rafe puts two and two together and stomps his foot three times.


NOTE – you can now follow Prevuze on twitter at: http://twitter.com/prevuze

Prevuze II has a video of the daily show previews, which should be available by noon (EST) on any given day. To see Prevuze II: CLICK HERE


16 Comments:

Anonymous Berg said...

Is Rafe like Mr. Ed? I prefer to see him more as Lancelot Links, Secret Chimp. Oh and if you have not seen Lancelot, you need to google/youtube it.

Victor asks, "You'd give up your life for a cheap slut?" Once again, Victor always gets the best lines. Whoever writes for him, it's soooo working.

I love that Victor is making the ultimate sacrifice. I think Victor and Viv are hysterical much like most of the plots on the show.

Where did Nicole get the money to fly to Santa Domingo? Oh I digress...

3:52 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Can't wait for Viv and Vic,Brady and Nic.But the E.J. gov. sounds great too. Anna is in deep do do.I'm so excited even this early in the morning.

4:00 AM  
Anonymous Leslie said...

Arianna lets him catch her, "You can put your hands anywhere you want. But no tickling."

Oh good gracious – spare us the visual!!! It’s early, and I haven’t had any caffeine yet.

Rafe growls, "You wanna tell me why you're lying about this?"

Isn’t it obvious? Salem appears to be in Illinois, and that’s what Illinois governors do. They lie. Get over it Rafe.

"We are experiencing a small engine problem and may have to return to Salem."

Anna has the worse luck. All her flights are delayed because of engine problems. What carrier is she flying – Toyota Airlines? Watch out for those floor mats!!!

Vivian taunts Carly. Carly gets defensive. Vivian threatens. Carly don' care.

I’m so over these stupid confrontations. When Vivian approached her, Carly should have gotten on the phone and made a call to the Bomeister. Bo has already gotten into Vivian’s face about her threats to Carly so she should back off. Vivian might be more than a little nutty but she’s not stupid.

"But a certain woman who shall remain unnamed suggested if I pardoned Nicole, we could try the starfish position."

"Oh, now I completely understand," says Rafe.

ROTFLMAO!!!!!!!!!!!!

"Focus on something positive. Our kids."

"You're right," says Sami, "Remind me... which ones are ours?"

My face is turning red as I’m trying to stifle my laughter!!! Prevuze that is so true!!!

William Shatner sits in the aisle across from Anna, "No. It's not fixed. Can't you see him? He's out on the wing! Oh, God! He's... he's... OHMYGODNO!"

The Twilight Zone and DOOL – super analogy Prevuze!!!!!

Rafe puts two and two together and stomps his foot three times.

Thank heavens I followed my own advice this morning, and my water bottle wasn’t anywhere near my mouth. After that zinger, I have saved my keyboard from death by drowning.

Nicole is zeroing in on Brady so that means that Arianna’s itsy bitsy teensy weensy bikini isn’t going to guarantee that she gets her man. It’s just as well. Victor would have gone postal. Hmm – that could be fun!!

Prevuze thanks for a most stellar recap!!!

5:59 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Victor contends it won't stop until either Carly or Vivian is dead.
Or both.

Back to reality – Nicole sighs, "He's gonna be so happy and surprised. Thank you Anna."
Wow. I guess she totally forgot that she avoided him whilst in prison and basically told him to 'move on.'

The captain comes over the intercom on Anna's plane, "We are experiencing a small engine problem and may have to return to Salem."
Fate is kicking her in the ass.

"I haven't made myself clear. If Vivian has to be eliminated for the circus to end I will eliminate her."
Ooh! Bo the assassin-cop! A must see.

Rafe threatens to open an investigation, "I'm gonna give you one chance to tell me why Nicole DiMera was set free."
What? So Rafe can open up investigations whenever he wills it? Doesn't an actual crime need to be committed before an investigation is opened up?

Governor Jim says the pardoning of a prisoner is a state matter, "If you open the file your superiors will be on you faster than you can blink. It's over."
Ah. Well thank you for explaining that Governor Jim.

"I can't be friends with someone who acts like that," snorts Nathan, "This is over."
Nathan; ending relationships all over the place.

Governor Jim opens the door to leave but finds EJ. EJ ain' a happy camper, "How dare you!"
This man needs a security gate or something.

~Nathan can't have Melanie so he'll settle for the consolation prize. And Stephanie will likely buy it.

Rafe puts two and two together and stomps his foot three times.
That's our FBI guy! lol!

6:12 AM  
Blogger Applecheeks said...

"Now, put a hand on her shoulder like you actually give a crap." He puts a hand on her shoulder.

ROFL

"I can't be friends with someone who acts like that," snorts Nathan, "This is over." He huffs out.

Holy 5-year-old, Nathan! Can you act any more immature?

"Maybe they don't have to be," says the glutton for punishment.

You kidding me? Steponme, please go tell the jerk which short pier he can take a long walk off. Pleeeeeease. I'm betting we'll have no such luck.

Victor makes the ultimate sacrifice, "Me." Oh puh-leeze. I must bow my head and mourn the trashing the writers’ just dealt Victor’s character. I agree a Viv/Vic mash-up will be good. But it's totally against character. He was doing so well and now he’s gone and ‘jumped the shark’.

Not only did I wonder where Nicole got the money for a last minute plane ticket to Santo Domingo, but how the heck did she go straight to where Bradianna were hanging out?? TLT

This was a wonderful and educational experience today. A quote from that literary masterpiece, the Guy Manual.
A little treasure from the best of Twilight Zone. A glimps at the front page of Salem’s premier newspaper. And a clever picture tying in Stan-the-Man with an historical icon. Great job, Prevuze.

7:53 AM  
Anonymous Bulldog said...

I agree with Klaus. I wondered yesterday when Anna was able to slip the Gov a Mickey don't governors have any kind of security?

There's something you haven't heard," says Carly, "Melanie hates my guts." She walks off. "Join the club," says Stephanie. OK, other than her probably blaming Carly for the breakup of Auntie Ho and Uncle Dope what did Carly ever do to her?

And speaking of Ho and Dope, LOL over "You could spend your life in prison, " says Victor. "Better than being with Hope," says Bo.

"Can't you see him? He's out on the wing!" Sure the special effects are cheesy and there is some overacting but I still watch it. But enough about DOOL, I enjoyed that Twilight Zone episode, too. :P

Thanks for the great recap this morning!

8:23 AM  
Anonymous Maggie Mae said...

What did Carly do to Melanie to cause her to hate her?

Let's start with shooting her and then move on to giving her to her crazy husband so he could give her to insane Trent.

That wouldn't endear Carly to anyone outside of Bo.

9:12 AM  
Blogger Prevuze said...

All her flights are delayed because of engine problems. What carrier is she flying – Toyota Airlines?

OUCH!

9:22 AM  
Anonymous Berg said...

I can't believe I didn't see "But a certain woman who shall remain unnamed suggested if I pardoned Nicole, we could try the starfish position." earlier! Hot spicy soup cleanup and new keyboard in aisle 5.

9:40 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Bulldog, Stephanie's "Join the club" meant Melanie hates her, too.

9:53 AM  
Blogger Prevuze said...

I can't believe I didn't see "But a certain woman who shall remain unnamed suggested if I pardoned Nicole, we could try the starfish position." earlier! Hot spicy soup cleanup and new keyboard in aisle 5.

Uh oh. That does it. From now on, after each reading, THERE WILL BE A QUIZ.

10:15 AM  
Anonymous WingNut '75 said...

Bo stands his ground, "In the end the law couldn't protect you, but I will."

Oh, Puleeeezzzzzeeeee! Would the contrived writing please stop?!?! When have they tried the law to protect her.

How about (as has previously been suggested) placing a bug on Carly and recording some of Viv's threats? I'm not that familiar with the law, but I've got to imagine that repeatedly threatening bodily harm/death to someone at least represents a misdemeanor.

How about taking out a restraining order against Viv? At the very least, her threats (even as hearsay testimony) should be evidence enough to get a temporary restraining order. And since Viv can't stay away, it wouldn't be long before she was in jail for violating the restraining order.

But noooooo. In order to further their stupid storylines, the writers have to contrive Dope as the big, macho hero. And Vic, who as others noted, was really coming into his own, does something completely out of character like marrying Viv? I agree that a Vic/Viv pairing should provide for some fireworks, but couldn't they come up with a better way of making it happen?

I really need to stop expecting DROOL to make sense - it's gonna' make me have a stroke someday!

10:18 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Watch Klaus beat a dead horse! Excitement!! Ranting!!

~Melanie's anger is irrational, as she knows what type of person Lawrence was and she would have likely been killed otherwise. As Vivian implied; Lawrence wanted to kill all three of them or at least Dan and Melanie. The only likely other options were;

Melanie dies.
Melanie and Carly dies.
Melanie, Dan, and Carly dies.
Or a combination of any of them dying.

Dan says he could have done 'something' but he lacks the power and prestige to take on the Alamains.

Unlike Dan who only has Victor, Vivian probably has her own cadre of henchmen, money and connections. Someone in Vivian's position could easily have all three of them killed. But it's a soap so people are silly and create poison combs instead.

Other characters decry Carly's decision but they haven't said what they would have done in her place.

Geez, I'm not even pro-Carly or anti-Melanie. Unreasonableness just grinds my gears. I don't care if Melanie hates Carly just find some better ground to hate her on. She had the whole 'she shot me' thing but since she dropped the charges that ship has sailed.

/rant

10:53 AM  
Anonymous Rotten Apples said...

Just cuz Melanie dropped the charges doesn't mean she still can't hate her.

I think Carly should have chosen D, kill Larry six months before Melanie was born.

3:35 PM  
Anonymous Donna said...

LOVED, LOVED the William Shatner reference to Twilight Zone. Not many people know about that. Unless you're a "golden oldie". So, hmmm, that would make Prevuze, umm, how old? Or maybe a fan of old B&W TV show?

"Even with that awful hairdo?"

Thank you for noticing that horrible hairdo that Carly has. Its ugly, juvenile, and unbecoming.

5:19 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

I remember Shatner on Twilight Zone! Ah, the old girl is off down memory lane again...

10:42 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


Blogarama     Globe Of Blogs