Thursday, November 19, 2009

Wishy-Washy

EJ bustles into the rumpus room talking on the phone, leaving a message for Stefano and griping about the fact that Mattaeo fingered him. As he rants he turns around...

STEFANO!

Rafe comes into the pub and tells Arianna he found Sydney and got her back to Sami. Arianna bounces around the bar and hugs him. Rafe then tells her Nicole is under arrest. He thinks Brady will be shocked at what Nicole did, but thinks it's great Sydney is where she belongs.

Brady is at Nicole's cell and tells her he is (say it with me) there for her. Nicole wonders how Brady can forgive her after what she has done.

Nathan binds Stephanie's wounded ankle. He thinks she's being a brave little girl in the face of everything she's been through. "No big deal," says Stephanie, "it's just a dumb shoe."

"That's why it's a perfect match for you," says Nathan.

Stephanie rambles on, "I think the world of you. You are a really Terrific guy."

"I didn't know you felt that way," says Nathan, "Maybe if I had..."

"What?"

"Things would be different."

"Different how," she asks, full of anticipation. Nathan moves in and shows her how different things could be.

Stephanie pops out of her little daydream and Nathan starts to leave. She stops him and tells him he's making a huge mistake.

Melanie tries to remember where Mark is from, "Where was it we had so much fun... Marseilles? Monaco? Milan?"

"Berlin," says Mark, "You left me in the middle of the night." He grabs her, "You're not getting away this time until I get what I came for."

Brady says he should have stopped Nicole a long time ago but saw her pain and knew how much she wanted to be with EJ. He says he doesn't hate her, "Look at me. We're going to get through this."

"OMG," wails Nicole, "Why couldn't I try and build a life with you?"

"I don't know," says Brady, "But now you'll be able to build a life with the bitch-ho'z in Statesville instead."

EJ asks, "Are you back for good?"

"No," says Stefano, "I'm back for evil." EJ says he thinks Stefano set him up.

Stephanie flashes back to seeing Melanie and Nathan's disgusting PDA. She cops out and tells him he wrapped her ankle too tight.

"I'll do it over," says Nathan, "I've always thought you were wrapped a little too tight anyway. And while I'm re-wrapping it, you'll have more than enough time to tell me what's REALLY on your mind."

Mark roughs Melanie up, "You owe me money and I'm here for payback.

Mark starts to drag her upstairs as Phillip walks in singing that old refrain, "What's gong on?"

Arianna showers praise on Rafe for solving the big switcheroo mystery, but he reminds her EJ saved his life. A mysterious person reading a newspaper eavesdrops as Rafe wonders, "Why would the DiMeras want to kill me."

"Maybe they've started a pest extermination business," says Arianna.

Stefano brushes things off, "Mattaeo is wishy-washy. Tomorrow he'll finger someone else." EJ thinks Stefano is playing games. Stefano assures him, "I'm sure you will be exonerated."

"My God," gasps EJ, "I didn't even realize attempted murder was a capital offense."

Stephanie finds Nathan in the hall and they talk hospital business. Nathan wonders why she got away from him so quickly when he asked again what was on her mind. Stephanie assures him it's all OK, "You and I are doing fine." Nathan is skeptical about that. He thinks there is a distance between them.

Macho Mark tells Phillip to leave. Peg-leg moves in on him, "So Melanie, I'm guessing this is one of your friends from back in the day."

Mark ramps up the attitude, "When people don't do what they are supposed to do, they get hurt."

Phillip stands his ground, "I figure you owe this guy some money."

EJ thinks there is indeed something to worry about. Stefano says they will buy a judge and everything will be copacetic. EJ wonders why Stefano put out a hit on Rafe. "Insects annoy me," says Stefano. EJ asks if Rafe's life is still in danger.

The eavesdropper eavesdrops. Rafe smacks down the newspaper and finds his sister Gabriela. He asks why she is there, "Mom told me to come," says Gabby, "She was worried about you guys."

Brady just uber-empathizes with Nicole's situation. He tries to be upbeat and says a jury will understand why she did what she did. The dim bulb thinks the charge against her is illegal adoption. He senses something more is going on and asks, "Is there another reason you were arrested?"

Rafe and Arianna grill Gabby about what she's up to. Gabby tells them Mommy wonders why they haven't been in touch and she's Mommy's spy.

Brady digs. Nicole evades. Brady digs deeper, "There is something you're not telling me, Nicole. What the hell is going on here?"

Stefano says Rafe is off the hook and assures EJ he will be exonerated. EJ tells Stefano when he bungled the hit on Rafe, he had DNA evidence in his hand, "I know you know. The DNA evidence showed Samantha and I are Sydney's parents. Nicole switched babies."

Stefano plays it cool and acts like this is a big surprise, "Nicole should be in prison. How did she think she would get away with it?"

"She's been arrested," says EJ, "Look at me. Are you telling me you had nothing to do with this?"

"How could I," asks Stefano, "I was in seclusion. The important thing is Nicole is in jail and we will have our beautiful little girl back."

EJ isn't so sure, "I think if the hit on Rafe had been a success no one would have ever known about the switch. That is why you ordered it, isn't it? That means you knew her secret and you knew from day one."

Stephanie stands at the nurses station with a generic nurse. Genny gets a call. She hangs up and tells Stephanie, "There has been a major bus accident. It seems a couple of toddlers named Johnny and Allie that no one has seen for weeks showed up on the bus, hijacked it and went careening down Main Street. No one was killed, but there were a lot of injuries. It's going to be an all-nighter for some poor soul."

Rusty as they might be, the wheels start turning inside Stephanie's head, "Dr. Horton is here." The generic nurse pages him.

Phillip starts to leave, "Just out of curiosity, how much does Melanie owe you?" Mark tells him she owes $10,000. Phillip takes off his watch and hands it to Mark.

"This watch is only worth about $5,000," says Mark.

Phillip asks, "Over in Europe, have you ever heard of the Kiriakis family?"

"Yes," says Mark, "They are well known."

"My name is Phillip Kiriakis."

The blood drains from Mark's face. Melanie takes a shot, "Oops you really stepped in it, didn't you?"

Phillip tells him to keep the watch, "Half payment is better than none."

Nervous Mark is only too happy to accept. He kisses everyone on his way out, "Gracias. Bon soir." He may be a creep, but at least he's multilingual.

Melanie babbles, "Thank you. I owe you."

Phillip takes off his coat, "You do... and I know how you can repay me."

Rafe tells Gabby to lose the attitude. Gabby tells Rafe to get one... or at least a personality. She apologizes and we have a Hernandez family moment. Arianna says she knows she let everyone down. Rafe decides they will call Mommy tomorrow and then go see her next week. Gabby has decided to stay and look after them. "No way," yells Arianna.

Nicole insists nothing else is going on. Brady wants her to focus on what he can do for her. "There is something you can do," says Nicole.

Stefano insists he is shocked about all this. He says he thought Rafe was investigating the family so he decided to have him whacked. EJ reminds him people investigate the DiMeras all the time but Stefano doesn't put hits out on them. He runs through all the switcheroo scenarios as Stefano dodges. EJ puts it all together and accuses Stefano of knowing about this the whole time.

Melanie asks, "So I repay you by kneeling and kissing your ring and taking you to the bedroom. Is that how it works."

"Actually," says Phillip, "I'd like some answers. Then we can head for the bedroom. What kind of a scam did you pull on him?"

Melanie says, "I told him I could get him an Arabian horse for $10,000."

Phillip asks the big question, "How many more 'Marks' are out there waiting to get even?"

Speaking of big questions, Nicole asks Brady if he can post bail for her. She plays the 'I-lost-my-daughter' card. Clueless Brady tells her she'll have to accept that fact but agrees to post her bail.

Stefano continues to insist he didn't know. EJ continues to insist Stefano is lying, "If Samantha hadn't pissed you off so much you wouldn't have sided with Nicole." Stefano insists he would never do anything to hurt EJ. EJ says that's what Nicole just said to him.

Stefano explodes, "Elvis THINK!"

"Thinking isn't my strong suit."

Stefano shouts, "Because of the switch Nicole made it possible for you to raise your own daughter. Is that so terrible?"

Nathan tells Stephanie he's been chosen to work in the ER all night. So that means his date with Melanie is kaput.

"Drat the bad luck," says Stephanie.

Nathan goes to call Melanie and give her the bad news. Stephanie ponders, "I hated doing that, but Melanie just doesn't deserve Nathan."

Melanie's phone rings. She answers and Nathan drops the bad news. Melanie gives Phillip a look, "Drat the bad luck." She is soooo understanding.

Melanie hangs up and Phillip jumps in, "Let me guess... Nathan chose duty over pleasure and you're out of luck."

"He's saving lives," whines Melanie.

"I wonder what's he'd think about all your scams," says Phillip. A referee stands by and considers giving Phillip a warning for hitting below the belt, but decides against it since Phillip is right on the money.

Arianna thinks Gabby should be with Mom. She and Rafe go off to discuss the situation. Rafe thinks it's OK for the Gabster to stay. Arianna wonders where she will stay. Rafe thinks there is a place upstairs that is vacant. Arianna insists it won't work. Gabby joins them for a family hug.

Patsy... uh, I mean Brady comes back to Nicole's cell and says he's posted bail. Nicole is soooo grateful. Brady says he will set her up in the Graymore Hotel and will bankroll her. Ha! From the Graybar Hotel to the Graymore Hotel.

That faint scream you hear in the background is Brady's last brain cell dying.

Nicole just can't understand why she deserves a friend like Brady. "When everything comes out I Hope you still understand anything I did because I loved EJ and Sydney."

Brady already understands, "I am your friend. Nothing will change that." He leaves.

Nicole mumbles, "You wanna bet?"

Nathan comes to the nursing station and finds Stephanie. She offers to help. He kids about her stitching an open wound and starts to leave. He stops, turns and says, "What you're doing, Stephanie, is a really nice thing." Whatever the hell that means.

Q: Why is Stephanie not more of an 'outdoor' kind of girl? A: Because nature abhors a vacuum.

Melanie says, "I wasn't a scam artist I was just..."

"Scamming guys..."

"That's not it," says Melanie.

"Well," says Phillip, "I was trying to avoid the word 'hooker' but if you insist..."

"I care about Nathan," says Melanie.

"If you want to keep telling yourself that do it," says Phillip, "but things would work out better if you would just be honest with yourself." She moves in for some Philliplicious honesty.

Rafe and Gabby are outside. He says it's good to see her and he's glad she's there for Thanksgiving. Gabby asks if Arianna's new boyfriend knows she's a jailbird. Rafe says no one in town does, "But her boyfriend is a pretty nice guy even though he's a few pecans short of a fruitcake."

The nice guy comes into the pub to see Arianna. He says he took off because Nicole has been arrested. He announces proudly, "I paid her bail."

Arianna is shocked, "After everything she did? Are you out of your mind?"

"Of course," says Brady, "but I make up for it by being loaded."

Officer Matilda lets Nicole out of jail. Nicole looks at a picture of Sydney, "I have to find my baby and do what has to be done."

EJ rants. Stefano assures him he can still trust him. EJ grabs him by the lapels and has a conniption, "You lied to me!"

Stefano says, "If you had known the truth you would have run to that lowlife Brady bitch because you still love her!"

Fern Snodgrass from Wapakoneta, Ohio, a dyed-in-the-wool Ejami fan, stands up in the audience and shouts, "Listen to your father, EJ!"

Tearful EJ whispers, "I love you, but you can't do this." He grabs Stefano by the throat and squeezes. Stefano chokes, turns blue and his tongue rolls out across the floor.

NOTE – you can now follow Prevuze on twitter at: http://twitter.com/prevuze

Prevuze II has a video of the daily show previews, which should be available by noon (EST) on any given day. To see Prevuze II: CLICK HERE


14 Comments:

Anonymous Berg said...

Oh for Pete's sake - Brady how stupid are you? Crickets.....

Totally don't want Stefano to die, so EJ, what the heck are you doing?

Why anyone would fight over Melanie is beyond me. Peg leg likes to fight a lot. I say he needs to take his shirt off more to do so.

She apologizes and we have a Hernandez family moment. I hope she apologizing for the Hernandez family reunion because if DOOL thinks by adding yet another Hernandez this storyline is picking up their nuts.

Question of the Day: How many Hernandez family members does it take to screw in a light bulb?

3:52 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

So Stephanie is not so squeaky clean after all. Good for her. And I don´t know about Melanie and Nathan, but the actor playing Nathan sure enjoyed kissing Steph yesterday (and I quess in the replay today). That kiss was hot as hell, not at all like the the kiddy stuff between Nathan/Mel.

4:17 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Fern Snodgrass from Wapakoneta, Ohio, a dyed-in-the-wool Ejami fan, stands up in the audience and shouts, "Listen to your father, EJ!"

That's me!! But I'm from IL. ;)

5:35 AM  
Anonymous Leslie said...

Arianna bounces around the bar and hugs him.

I hope she’s wearing her sports bra.

Nicole wonders how Brady can forgive her after what she has done.

Do tell all Brady. Enquiring minds want to know.

"OMG," wails Nicole, "Why couldn't I try and build a life with you?"

"I don't know," says Brady, "But now you'll be able to build a life with the bitch-ho'z in Statesville instead."

This is DOOL. Nicole’s stay will be much too short. In no time, she’ll be sporting a Martha Stewart designed ankle bracelet.

Rafe wonders, "Why would the DiMeras want to kill me."

"Maybe they've started a pest extermination business," says Arianna.

You think? Is Rafe really that stupid? Could it be that Rafe was targeted because Stefano knew that he was on to Nicole and her dirty little secret? Duh!

EJ wonders why Stefano put out a hit on Rafe. "Insects annoy me," says Stefano.

Arianna was right about the pest extermination business! LOL!!!!

"Gracias. Bon soir." He may be a creep, but at least he's multilingual.

Excellent Prevuze!!!!!!! HAHAHAHA!!!!

Rafe tells Gabby to lose the attitude. Gabby tells Rafe to get one... or at least a personality.

While he is certainly devoid of personality, Rafe is not short on family. How fortunate for Gabby that she just happened to turn up at the Brady Pub while her siblings were having a conversation about Rafe’s recent brush with death. Both chowder and over-the-top drama are on the menu at the Pub so it is no wonder is it such a popular place.

Stefano insists he would never do anything to hurt EJ.

…and framing EJ for attempted murder isn’t hurtful? While Stefano’s complicity in keeping the baby switch from EJ was despicable, EJ should be strangling his father for setting him up to take the rap for the failed hit on Rafe. Even if he doesn’t go to jail, EJ could lose his license to practice law.

It’s a miserable rainy morning but, thankfully, I can once again count on Prevuze to brighten the day!

5:46 AM  
Blogger Applecheeks said...

First off, that picture of Mark, enriched by Exxon for his oily hair was so funny. I'm still laughing over it.

The following Prevuze zingers were also favorites:

A referee stands by and considers giving Phillip a warning for hitting below the belt, but decides against it since Phillip is right on the money.

That faint scream you hear in the background is Brady's last brain cell dying.

A small HUH?! moment occurred with the nurse's observation:
”It's going to be an all-nighter for some poor soul."

Bus full of injuries – I’d think more than one, lone resident would be available to treat them for pete’s sake.

But my real HUH?! for the day was Stefano showing up. It's been a week or more for us, but in DOOL time it's either still the same day or at the MOST it's the day after the big reveal. That would make it less than 24 hours after Stefano left in the first place! I thought he was hot-footing it out of Salem to avoid the fall-out of the secret being revealed.

I rest my rant. The sun just started shining. I have Prevuze under my belt. Life is good.

6:30 AM  
Anonymous Maggie Mae said...

Berg, I hate to burst your bubble, but there is indeed another Hernandez coming to Salem. The writers want the teens to worship at the Hernandez alter.

Stephanie and Nate make a great couple!

8:31 AM  
Anonymous Bulldog said...

Even with caffeine I'm never really fully functional until after lunchtime. (Or maybe my last name should be Hernandez?) I don't understand the John Black picture.

It looks like the word would be all over the street in no time - hey, if you want some quick cash or an expensive watch, go accuse Melanie of owing you money and Rich Boy will pay you off. They'd be lined up at Maggie's door. HA

Is this Gabby about Will and Mia's age? If so I sense a GabWill/Chia quadrangle lining up for next summer's teen hijinx storyline.

LOL over Mark's oilslick and "Well," says Phillip, "I was trying to avoid the work 'hooker' but if you insist..."

The sun is shining here, too (we'll send it your way, Leslie), it's almost Friday and another great Prevuze. Thanks! :D

8:35 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

My name is not Fern Snodgrass but I'm a dyed-in-the-wool Ejami fan from Ohio, ready to stand up in the audience and shout, "Listen to your father, EJ!... and Prevuze gets a warning for trying to hit below the belt :)

9:12 AM  
Blogger Prevuze said...

Even with caffeine I'm never really fully functional until after lunchtime. (Or maybe my last name should be Hernandez?) I don't understand the John Black picture.

Well, If EJ looks exactly like Santo and Sami looks exactly like Colleen and Santo and Colleen's baby was John, then...

9:52 AM  
Anonymous Bulldog said...

Well, If EJ looks exactly like Santo and Sami looks exactly like Colleen and Santo and Colleen's baby was John, then... Good grief, Prevuze. How do you come up with these things? HAHAHAHAHA

I never woulda thunk of it. Thanks for the explanation!
(Word verification: minaine. As in "I get a minaine headache every time I think too much.")

11:01 AM  
Blogger ilovebabyquilts said...

The only video of the show I ever get to see is your prevuze II clip and I was really impressed by the intensity on EJ's face as he strangled. That was some good acting! Now Stef has to have HIM whacked.

11:19 AM  
Blogger Prevuze said...

Good grief, Prevuze. How do you come up with these things?

Unlike Brady, my last brain cell hasn't died.

But it is sinking fast.

11:55 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I wish EJ would get it over with already. Kill the old man and you can go to jail for life and never come back..

10:01 PM  
Blogger Cinder Ella said...

The first day I get to watch DOOL in months and it's a Stephanie day. sigh

7:43 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


Blogarama     Globe Of Blogs