Thursday, November 12, 2009

The Big Letdown After The Big Reveal

Bo and Hope are together at the Kiriakis mansion discussing their woeful relationship. Bo is surprised Hope wants to come home. Well, there's an old girlfriend at home, so tap dancin' Hope has changed her tune. Bo wonders if Hope really wants to mend their relationship or if she just wants to keep an eye on Carly,

Hope answers, "Both."

Carly and Mia are together at the docks. Carly tells Mia she looks like she needs a friend. Mia wonders why a stranger would be concerned about her. "We may have a lot in common," says Carly.

Nicole busts into the pub and finds Daniel there with Sydney. She dumps on Dan, "What kind of man are you to take my child, especially without telling anyone?"

"Chloe was sleeping."

"You may be a great doctor," screams Nicole, "But with people you're an ass and an insensitive jerk. Give me my baby."

Daniel yells back, "You're not touching that baby, and I think you know why."

Sami blithers blathers and panics, "I have to go find her. I have to find her now."

Rafe can't let her do that. He suggests Nicole might take Sydney out of the country if they tip her off, "We need to figure out a plan, very carefully."

"Plans are for wimps," says Sami.

Nicole rants. Daniel keeps trying to get a word in edgewise but no luck. Finally he shuts her up and asks her to sit down. Just as things almost get under control, Chloe interrupts and Nicole turns the firehose of verbal abuse on her. Chloe orders Nicole to go get a glass of water and calm down. Nicole leaves under protest. Daniel says, "Something is upsetting her."

"What tipped you off," asks Chloe.

"Just a hunch."


Bo says he appreciates Hope's honesty. Hope gives him a heapin' helpin' of her tongue to appreciate, too. Bo insists Carly isn't a threat to their relationship. Hope says she doesn't think he would give up his family for her but isn't sure. Bo is upset Hope doesn't trust him. Hope says, "That's not completely accurate. It's Carly I don't trust.

Mia wonders how Carly would know they had something in common. "Just a gut feeling," says Carly, "I used to spend a lot of time here at the pier. It's very peaceful, between murders." Mia doesn't know where to begin telling Carly about all her troubles but, rest assured, she'll find a way and we'll be there to sit through all of it, with our fingers poised over the 'FF' button on our zappers.

Chad walks up and overhears, "How about you start with the truth... that you're a lying whore."

Chloe hands Sydney to Nicole and apologizes for the misunderstanding. Nicole backs off and says she knows she was pretty nasty, "Daniel probably hates me."

"Yeah," concedes Chloe, "If you talked to him for a few minutes and he didn't try to grope you, that's not a good sign." Nicole backtracks and asks Chloe to tell Daniel she's sorry. Chloe asks, "Is there something else going on? Are you in some kind of trouble?

"Everything is wrong," bawls Nicole, "I'm in trouble. Big trouble."

Rafe and Sami rush up to the DiMera mansion and knock. Mary answers and tells them Nicole is gone. Sami almost spills the beans, "I'm here for my... I want the baby."

"I told you," says Mary, "Nicole isn't here."

Bo and Hope discuss Carly. Well, Hope discusses, Bo listens. Hope reminds him Victor doesn't trust Carly. Bo tells her Victor doesn't trust anyone who isn't a Kiriakis, "Except in our relationship where he trusts you but throws me out as a snack for the wild dogs."

Hope softens, "At least we're back together."

That's news to Bo, "When did that happen?"

"When I decided it," says Hope, "I love you."

Bo dips his toe in the waters of reconciliation, "I love you, too."

"Let's go tell Ciara," says Hope.

Bo stops her, "You and Ciara coming home now isn't a good idea."

Chad rants, "Tell her everything. Tell her about all the guys you slept with." Carly tells him to back off but Mia tells her Chad has every right to be angry. She turns to Chad, "You got the DNA test results, didn't you?"

"Yeah," snorts Chad, "And I found out I'm not the baby's father. I would have loved that little girl and that's more than I could say for you."

Sami tells Mary she's taking Sydney back to her place for Nicole. Mary buys it, "I'll go fetch her for you."

Sami beams, "I can't believe I'm about to get my baby back. Thank you for being so smart and brave and wonderful." Rafe looks around to see if he can figure out who Sami is talking to.

If brains were wood, Rafe's pet termite would starve.

Sami moves in, "I love you so much."

Nicole says she's worried Sydney's birth parents are going to take her away from her. Daniel comes up and Nicole apologizes for the nuclear fireworks earlier. "No worries," says Dr. Daniel. He smooches Chloe and leaves.

Nicole says she almost had the love she was looking for with EJ, "But now at least I have Sydney and she might be taken from me, too. I can't fight this battle alone. I know you'll help me but That's not enough. I'm about to lose everything. That's why I freaked out. You could help me make sure Sydney's birth parents never get their hands on my baby."

Bo says Carly's life is in danger and it wouldn't be safe for Hope and Ciara to be there. Hope wants to know Carly's story, but Bo says it would compromise Carly's safety.

Hope goes for the jugular, "But it's OK to compromise our marriage?"

"I can't tell you," says Bo, "I'm sorry."

"Me too," Hope turns away. Bo leaves.

Nicole gives Sydney to Chloe, "Take her to your apartment and don't tell anyone you have her. I'm leaving town with her." Chloe agrees to help. Nicole thanks her, and tells Sydney they will never be alone again. Chloe leaves with Sydney. Nicole talks to the lamp post, "I won't let anyone take my baby."

Sami paces as they wait for Mary to deliver Sydney. Rafe tells her it won't be much longer before they have her baby. "Then we'll go to the police and have Nicole arrested." Mary returns with the news that Sydney is gone.

Scientists have discovered many catalysts which cause violent reactions, but none so potent as telling Sami the emotional enzyme something she doesn't want to hear. Sami panics at the news. Mary says Sydney may be with Kate. Rafe says Nicole may have already picked her up and probably has her by now. Sami and Rafe leave. Outside, Rafe says he'll track Nicole down and wants Sami to go to the pub. Sami protests but Rafe insists.

Mia screams, "I love my baby! That's why I gave her away!" Carly tries to referee. Chad dumps on Mia, "As big a sleaze as Nicole is she will be a better mother than you ever will be." Chad leaves. Mia turns on the waterworks.

Chloe is back at her apartment. Daniel calls. Chloe tells him Sydney's birth parents are threatening to take her away. She also tells him Sydney is with her, "Nicole would do anything to keep her."

Nicole arrives back at Sami's place, "Thank God, no one is here." She flashes back to the 50k delivery and starts looking for the money, "I wonder where I can find Sami's petty cash drawer."

Justin gets back to the Kiriakis mansion. Hope says she told Bo she wanted to come home, "But it's not happening. He said it was too dangerous as long as Carly was there."

Bo is back at the cop shop. Caroline finds him. Bo asks, "Why are you here?"

"You can't guess?"

Bo consults the Guy Manual. He looks in the chapter entitled, 'Things To Say When You Don't Have A Clue,' and comes up with, "It's not what you think."

Caroline asks, "You mean your wife and child haven't moved out and your ex fiancée hasn't moved in?"

Mia wails. Carly moves into the tear-o-sphere and comforts. Mia says she's not so sure she did the right thing by giving her baby away. Carly asks about Mia's parents. Mia blubbers, "My parents aren't even a part of my life any more."

Justin thinks Bo is making sense. Hope thinks she made a fool of herself by telling Bo she wanted to come home, "I feel I've been rejected by my husband."

"Every now and then Bo shows signs of intelligence," says Justin.

Bo is busted. Caroline tells him this has to end. Bo insists This is between him and Hope. Caroline thinks the thing that is between Bo and Hope is Carly. "This is about saving Carly's life," says Bo.

"And ruining your marriage in the process?"

"Hope is the one who moved out," says Bo, "She wants to move back and that's great, but she and Ciara can't be there right now."

Caroline plays her trump card, "What do you think Pop would say about this?"

"He would say I'm being a damn fool," says Bo, "And then he'd say, hand me another beer."

"Exactly," says Caroline, "Your family is your first priority. Prove it and ask Carly to leave."

"I can't do that, Ma."

Mia tells Carly things are bad between her and her parents, "My mom kicked me out when I got pregnant. I wanted my baby to have something different — something better." Carly asks if she knows the people who adopted her baby. Mia says yes, but she's not really happy with the arrangement because the mother and father are having problems, "but overall I know the right woman is raising my baby."

Nicole heads for the kitchen to look for the money.

Sami hits the pub. She finds Chad. Chad looks up at her and gets snotty, "Great. Did you come over here to gloat about Sydney not being my daughter?"

Sami asks, "So you got the DNA results?" Move over Sherlock Holmes. She tries to be sympathetic, "I'm so sorry."

"No you're not," he growls, "That means Nicole gets to keep her baby." Speaking of the devil, Sami asks if Chad has seen Nicole and Sydney. Chad says no and asks her to leave him alone. Sami starts to make a call but discovers he phone's battery is dead.

Rafe is at the hospital. He asks a nurse to call to see if Sydney is in the daycare center. Daniel walks up and says he can field this one. He asks, "Why are you looking for her?"

Bo tells Caroline he has a legal obligation to have Carly stay at his home, "Trust me I have it under control."

Caroline says, "When it comes to saving Carly or your marriage I Hope you make the Right choice."

"No," says Bo, "I think I should save my marriage."

Hope says she doesn't want any pep talks. Justin says he's just trying to be a friend. Hope says she's glad she and Bo talked openly and honestly but now her ego is hurting, "He said it was inconvenient for me to come home."

"Did he really use that word," asks Justin.

"Sort of."

"How can you 'sort of' use a word," says Justin.

Hope says she and Bo have been through the worst tragedy any couple can go through and they made it but now she's really scared for their marriage.

Mia talks about Sydney, "She's the cutest little girl ever."

Carly asks, "Does she look like you?"

"Not that much," says Mia.

"Don't let anyone say you made a bad decision," says Carly.

"Right," says Mia, "I know Nicole will take good care of her."

Chloe putters around with Sydney. Macho man Rafe busts in, pulls a gun and screams, "Give me that baby!"

Nicole finds the envelope with the cash inside and dreams of the new life she will start. Once she's done daydreaming she rushes to the door and opens it.

POP QUIZ!

Who does Nicole find standing at the door?

A) The Avon lady.

B) A group of hunky guys in an array of tiny tight uniforms singing "YMCA."

C) Holy cow, after all these years they've finally found Jimmy Hoffa.


Did you ever read "The Lady And The Tiger" — As in that classic, I think we'll just leave this one to your imagination. But I'll put it this way... If you don't get the right answer, you flunk DOOL 101.

NOTE – you can now follow Prevuze on twitter at: http://twitter.com/prevuze

Prevuze II has a video of the daily show previews, which should be available by noon (EST) on any given day. To see Prevuze II: CLICK HERE


23 Comments:

Anonymous Berg said...

They found Jimmy Hoffa? Finally?

If brains were wood, Rafe's pet termite would starve. This might be the greatest point ever made. I spit Cafe Mocha all over my screen and then upchucked the rest when Sami told Rafe she loves him. Yuck, yuck, yuck.

I would love it DOOL played Benny Hill music in the background while Rafe and Sami were running all over town looking for her baby - is that their careful plan?

I am betting it's the Avon lady followed by Sami. At least the Avon lady has a job. But I am ready for the WWF smackdown to begin. Nicole has been lying for too long. Not that I don't like the Nicole Character, love her but making me suffer through this long drawn out baby swap is making me lose my mind. Which I actually already lost 3 years ago when I started watching DOOL again.

For those that are expecting a happy EJAMI reunion - think again. The writers clearly want Safe to be the rooting couple here. Which makes me want to go back to bed and take a nap. Don't think for a moment we aren't going to have to suffer through EJ real dad vs. Safe wannabe dad. I bet the writers are wringing their hands with glee thinking they have yet again pulled one over on the EJAMI fanbase and let's not mention what they have done to the Lumi one. In fact, anyone miss Lucas?

When is this babyswap storyline over???? Glad they found Jimmy Hoffa though.

3:50 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

This is the last time I read your piece of crap blog. I know you're known for your snarky comments, but 90% of them are directed towards Rafe. If anyone HAS had a brain during this whole babyswitch story, it's been him, so your sarcastic remarks don't even make sense. Maybe termites have eaten your brain. Obviously you're another idiotic Ejami fan.

4:50 AM  
Anonymous Rafe H. said...

This blog stinks, wah, wah, wah why are you picking on me, I mean Rafe? Rafe is really cool and has a mystique about me I mean him that makes viewers want more. I am not a one dimensional character. I mean he is not a one dimensional character. IT's not like Prevuze picks on all characters across the board (EJ, Lucas, Sami, Nicole, Maggie, etc). I am really tired of reading your stupid blog when you can't recognize good talent/acting as dull as it may be. Please refrain from future comments about the Lunk. Or I will stare as though I have one brain cell left. I mean he, he will stare...

I will never read your blog again.


P.S.
Can you post earlier?

5:04 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Honey, clearly you aren't a longtime reader or you'd know that Prevuze mocks everybody. I think Rafe clearly deserves it, and I disagree with Rafe using any part of his brain during the switch. If that were the case he would've figured this mess out 6 months ago. Of course, Lucas & EJ can be equally stupid, and they were the recipients of some equally nasty but well deserved comments.
So if you don't like it, don't read it. It's punishment enough for you to have to watch the show on a daily basis and risk a Danloe episode. *shudders* I, on the other hand, would rather spend a day talking about the men in our lives with Chloe than miss out on Prevuze.

5:05 AM  
Anonymous Sarah said...

"... we'll be there to sit through all of it, with our fingers poised over the 'FF' button on our zappers."
Prevuze = best DVR manual ever.

5:11 AM  
Blogger Prevuze said...

Aw, Rafe... we kid because we care.

Can you post earlier?

I would need a nuclear alarm clock.

5:13 AM  
Anonymous Leslie said...

Mia wonders why a stranger would be concerned about her. "We may have a lot in common," says Carly.

Could this be not so clever foreshadowing? Could Mia be Carly and Bo’s given-up-for-adoption love child? Have I consumed too much DOOL Kool-Aid? Could be!

Daniel yells back, "You're not touching that baby, and I think you know why."

Nicole hasn’t gotten her H1N1 inoculation yet.

Hope gives him a heapin' helpin' of her tongue to appreciate, too.

Reminder to Prevuze – some of us are eating breakfast.

If brains were wood, Rafe's pet termite would starve.

Pardon me while I clean up my monitor and get the gunk off my keyboard. Prevuze that is tooooooooo funny and sooooooooo true!!!!!!!!!

Hope wants to know Carly's story, but Bo says it would compromise Carly's safety.

Hope goes for the jugular, "But it's OK to compromise our marriage?"

Hope has already extended the olive branch or was it the olive tongue. Anyway, Hope’s a cop so Bo shouldn’t be hesitant about giving her just enough information to keep her happy.

She flashes back to the 50k delivery and starts looking for the money, "I wonder where I can find Sami's petty cash drawer."

Now that Rafe’s back in Sami’s life and neither one of them have jobs they’ve probably gone through the entire $50,000. Having pizza delivered isn’t cheap!

Hope says she told Bo she wanted to come home, "But it's not happening. He said it was too dangerous as long as Carly was there."

There are so many things wrong with this scenario that it makes my head ache. If it’s that dangerous, what the heck is Carly doing holed up at Chez Brady? Rafe needs a job. Send him off to the safe house with Carly in tow.

Rafe is at the hospital. He asks a nurse to call to see if Sydney is in the daycare center.

Excuse me – who are you and why do you want to know?

“The Lady and The Tiger” – since Sami is hardly a lady, I’m going with the tiger. After Sami apologized to EJ about not telling him about Grace, you would have thought she might have shown him some courtesy by giving him a jingle about Sydney. Considering his resources and the fact that he is the baby’s father, EJ certainly would have been helpful in the search for Sydney. By not including EJ in THE BIG REVEAL, DOOL once again missed the mark.

5:56 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Seriously-if you didn't make fun of Rafe/Safe then there would be nothing to say at all. They are a snorefest, B O R I N G !!!!!
And 90% of the "snarky comments" are mad about him because there is soooo much to make fun of!

And, yes, I am one of those pathetic, exhausted Ejami fans-at least they have chemistry, spark, fire......But, alas, I will probably be reading Prevuze one year from now-still waiting. And I totally agree with Berg-we will have to go through the real daddy vs wannabe daddy-with Sami drawn to both men for different reasons. Drawn to EJ because he is a gorgeous hunk and to Rafe because he doesn't talk. Watch out-if she finds a gorgeous hunk who doesn't talk they will both be dumped!!!

5:59 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

they could have rafe,ej,and lucas live together and raise sydney and have a remake of "3 men and a baby "
or a spin off series "my 2 dads"with ej and rafe.

6:34 AM  
Anonymous bGirl said...

re: the Hope and tongue scene - thanks a lot, I think I threw up a little

to Rafe - we snark because we care

to anon - zzzzap!

re: the Mia/Carly s/l I believe it will be revealed that Bo is as prolific as EJ and there is a Bo/Carly kid out there - that should help Bo and Hope's marriage

7:30 AM  
Blogger Applecheeks said...

At least we know the reveals/nuclear explosions will occur - they will just be spread out over the course of sweeps week.

We start out with the biggest explosion - Sami/Nicole. Then we'll get to watch while Chloe finds out what her "friend" was really up to. Mia, Chad & Will finding out Grace was really Mia/Chad's baby. Brady discovering what he helped Nicole do.

Somewhere in there, or maybe they'll leave it to last, EJ finds out about Sydney which will shortly be followed by his realization Stefano was in on it.

Oh yes, they will draw out the repercussions of this storyline for weeks.

As for Prevuze today...glad I'd gotten an inkling of the pet termite quip when I was on Twitter earlier or I may have had a liquid snorting episode myself. hahaha

I also LOL at the Safe picture about Sami's unknown child.

A couple of questions:
Did Dr. Dan ever get to explain why he didn't just fork Sydney over to Nicole when she asked him?

and

How did Caroline find out about Carly?

Inquiring minds.

Thank you Prevuze. This helped get me through the second "Monday" of the week.

7:37 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

If they try to make Mia Carly's daughter (by Bo or Lawrence), or granddaughter from her son, Nicky, I can't wait to see how the writers will bend history (not to mention genetics) to explain it.

Age-wise I suppose Carly could have been pregnant when she left with Lawrence, but she hadn't been with Bo for quite a while at that point. Lawrence could have found out the baby was Bo's, taken her away and put her up for adoption. That, however, blows Carly's whole story about how they were so happy while Nicky was growing up and things only got bad later.

Mia is 16-17, Nicky was only 8-10 when they left Salem 15 years ago, so I don't think Mia could be his (unless they SORASed the hell out of him).

Genetics-wise, not sure how any of the principals involved who are dark-haired and dark-eyed, would have produced such a blond blue-eyed girl.

Just saying...

KOTU

7:50 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I can't wait to see the showdown between Steffano and EJ...see this link!http://www.nbc.com/Days_of_our_Lives/video/clips/november-sneak-peek/1173443/?__cid=thefilter

8:08 AM  
Anonymous Bulldog said...

KOTU - on tv they never worry about whether or not the kids look like the parents. Even in a supposed Italian family (think Everybody Loves Raymond) they feel compelled to put blonde haired blue eyed kids on there. But I agree about the aging thing, I don't see how Mia could be Nicky's. Maybe she's Faye's daughter which means she would be turn out to be Nicole's half sister. At least Mia/Nicole/Faye all have the same coloring. Hey, that would mean Nicole delivered her own half-niece.

Kudos, BTW, to Bo and the Salem PD for allowing Carly to wander unattended down on the docks.

What two things do Kate and Caroline have in common? 1. a past with Victor and 2. neither one of them have learned how to cut the cord. Both have 30/40-ish aged kids and are still butting in.

LOL over Sami not knowing who the kid is and Dr. Gropefeel promising a special exam to the girl's mother. HAHAHAHA

At least the big reveal is beginning to leak out and we get to see some of the results of this two year old storyline. AND we're almost to Friday. Thanks, Prevuze!

8:36 AM  
Anonymous Leslie said...

Anonymous said...

If anyone HAS had a brain during this whole babyswitch story, it's been him, so your sarcastic remarks don't even make sense.

Anonymous - In case you're still lurking out there, I must beg to disagree with you. Rafe's job was to protect Sami. He figured out early on that Sami acts first and thinks about tenth or eleventh. When Rafe found out Sami was pregnant, he should have immediately made plans to ensure she had a safe and secure place to deliver her baby. If he had done that, there never would have been Dr. Baker, the clinic, or the baby switch. In other words, it's Rafe's fault that the viewers must endure this agony.

8:44 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

The entire reveal is a serious suck fest! Rafe running around playing hero could not be less exciting. Termites dying of starvation is the truth with that character! Rafe is lame, lame, lame!

8:51 AM  
Blogger Prevuze said...

This is the last time I read your piece of crap blog.

Dang. First I hear Lou Dobbs quit and now you. I wonder who's next.

9:13 AM  
Blogger Prevuze said...

Hope gives him a heapin' helpin' of her tongue to appreciate, too.

Reminder to Prevuze – some of us are eating breakfast.

* * *

re: the Hope and tongue scene - thanks a lot, I think I threw up a little


OK. Poor choice of words. I meant Hope lectured him. There was no tongue-silectomy involved.

9:22 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Just started reading this blog recently but Prevuze has become a regular part of my daily routine. Love the snark fest! Makes DOOL so much more interesting.

My prediction -- it's not a long-lost love child for Bo and Carly. Now that one baby switch is coming to an end it's definitely time for another one, don't you think? -- what better revenge could Lawrence exact on Carly (and Bo, for that matter) then to take Carly's child born during her marriage to Lawrence but conceived with another man and switch it with Bo's newborn. Ciara is Carly's missing child.

Wah, wah Hope!

9:24 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh Goody Sami wants yet another baby so she can pawn them off to her grandma for 24/7 babysitting.

10:17 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Rafe is lame. Lucas should have been the one by Sami's side through all of this. EJ doesn't deserve to find out that "THAT" is really his daughter, anyway. Can't wait for his meltdown, it is so well-deserved.

10:26 AM  
Anonymous Berg said...

Aw, Rafe... we kid because we care.

Can you post earlier?

I would need a nuclear alarm clock.

5:13 AM

Now Prevuze, I am only speculating that Rafe meant meant it as a snark to post earlier. I mean after all Rafe wasn't going to read your blog ever again....

12:59 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow for some reason I thought I was gonna cry for Sami when she got her baby back, but now I just feel sorry for Nicole. Boy you can tell she loves that child and all Sami looks like is that she wants back the kids because she's blood.

I sure hope Nicole can be redeemed in all this. Sydney loves Nicole and now the only mommy she knows will be gone. I sure she bonds quick with Sami before you sent away for longterm babysitting with Grandma Caroline. There are no winner in this, sad.

I am glad though that Rafe revealed the truth and once again EJ is clueless. Poor clueless lapdog LOL.

I have to say loving this karma and payback for EJ. He missed Johnny and Sydney's birth and now he's the last to know who Sydney really is. HAHAHA!!!!!!!

11:03 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


Blogarama     Globe Of Blogs