Saturday, November 14, 2009

Baby-Baby Who's Got The Baby?

Bo arrives home and searches for Carly. He finds her computer, sits, and somehow figures out what Carly was doing on it, "Oh come on, what are you up to? He grabs his gun and runs out."

Carly continues to counsel Mia at the pier.

EJ computes on the same brand of fake computer Bo was just looking at. Kate comes in and moans about the tough day. She pours a drink and says she's worried about Stefano, "I know there is a recession but you don't want to cut costs when you get a hit man. I can't believe that bastard actually pointed the finger at him. And then this damn 'baby-baby who's go the baby game... it's driving me wild."

"What are you talking about?"

"Sami and Rafe are looking for the baby."

"What are you talking about?"

"Chloe is clueless," says Kate, "But I thought she could watch the baby. Evidently, though, no one knows where she is now."

EJ asks, "Kate, What have you done with Sydney?" He flicks his eyebrows.

Rafe insists that Chloe give him the baby. "No," whines Chloe, "I promised."

Nicole starts to rush out with the money and runs into Sami. She starts to scoot off but Sami chews up a few nails and spits them out at her, "Nicole, you are not going anywhere."

Brady and Arianna are glued to each other. Arianna's phone rings. Arianna looks at the caller-id and sees it's Troy. Brady doesn't want her to answer. She lets it go to voicemail and then Brady says he has to go. Arianna asks where. "I'm going where anyone goes to find information on the scum of the earth — other than getting it directly from Maggie Horton, that is," he answers.

Rafe tells Chloe, "Nicole isn't going to get away with this. She's going down."

Rafe tags on a little warning for Chloe, "And you don't want to go down with her."

"I can't," says Chloe, "We only have one elevator in the building."

Daniel comes in and tells Chloe it's OK. Rafe drops the baby bomb. Chloe can't believe it but Daniel says Rafe can prove it.

Sami wants to know what Nicole is thinking, "You're asking yourself, 'What does Sami know?'"

Nicole sweats, "I was thinking you might be worried about Rafe."

"Rafe didn't die," says Sami, "But he did tell me why you wanted to have him killed. I have been wrong about a lot and I have been stupid and naïve doesn't begin to say what I was for trusting you. I even thanked you for helping me deal with the death of my daughter. You sat there and watched us grieve and did nothing. You had me attend the christening when you gave the name you picked to my daughter. Your life is about to become a living hell."

Arianna worries about Brady telling Victor what she's up to, "He will assume it has to do with me and he can never find out I am undercover." Brady asks if she trusts him. Of course Arianna does. Brady tries to be reassuring, "There will be a day when our biggest problem will be to decide what to watch on TV. And for darn sure it won't be this show." He tells her to be careful and leaves.

Vivian stalks through the woods talking to Gus on the phone. He tells her Carly is at the dock.

Bo finds Carly and Mia and asks if Mia will excuse them. He shoves Carly off and tells her he knows what she is thinking. Bo lectures. He tells her she has to hide.

Chloe thinks Rafe is lying. She says she promised Nicole she wouldn't give Sydney to anyone. Rafe insists Sami is the birth mother. Daniel backs him up. Chloe is dumbfounded and it has nothing to do with this news. Rafe swears Nicole will pay.

Nicole bobs and weaves. Actually, it's more like sobs and weaves. The only thing that keeps Sami from killing her is that she wants to toy with her prey. Uh, Sami is really pissed. It's getting ugly. I think I have to turn off the TV. Sami screams, "Tell me where my daughter is or so help me God I will make you tell me."

Carly tells Mia she has to leave. Mia tells her she will be OK. They share a hug and Bo carts Carly off.

Out in the woods, Vivian gets a picture of the Carly-Mia hug on her cell phone, "Who the hell is that?" She gets on the phone and orders Gus, "Take an indirect approach, follow the girl and tell me where she ends up."

EJ tells Kate he's not one of her lapdog sons. He asks what she was saying about Sydney. Kate tells him she asked Chloe to watch her and now Sami and Rafe are looking for her, "I have no idea why, though." She reminds EJ he threw Nicole and Sydney out of the house and wonders why he cares, "I think it's the smartest move anyone has made in this little drama."

Chloe continues to insist Nicole would never do something like this. "This baby is Sami and EJ's," says Rafe.

Skeptical Chloe flashes back to the conversation when she let Nicole know Sami was pregnant, "OMG! What have I done." Daniel moves in for support. And a feel.

Nicole continues to try to work Sami. Sami continues to refrain from murdering her. Nicole backs off and then starts to run. Sami chases and grabs. Nicole flails and backs off. Sami insists Nicole couldn't have done this alone, "You had Baker helping you. I know about you going to Sister Teresa and pretending to be Mary and working it so I gave birth at his clinic. You cold-heated bitch! It wasn't Grace who stopped breathing. It was Sydney!"

Nicole whimpers, "I would never..."

Sami interrupts, "What? Tell the truth? I know. Thank God for Rafe."

"Hey," says God, "Everybody makes a mistake now and then."

Today's one-liner has been removed. I planned to bash a couple of the characters I was accused yesterday of never bashing but I thought that would look like I was bending to pressure.

"I do not bend to pressure. I spit in its face."
-John Black

We pan up from Sydney's (empty) stroller. Chloe now realizes what Rafe is saying is true. Chloe zombifies, "Just take her. Take her to Sami." Rafe pushes Sydney off. Daniel asks what changed her mind. Chloe tells him she remembered she is the one who set this nightmare in motion.

Brady arrives back at the Kiriakis mansion and Victor accuses him of crawling back. He asks how Victor knew Arianna was a drug dealer. Victor wants to know why it's so important, "You're not giving up on her are you? You know I wouldn't make something like that up. You're a fool. You're lookin' to play me and I'm not buying a word of it."

Rafe pushes Sydney's (empty) stroller into the pub and finds Arianna, "Nicole will pay for what she did."

"No," says Arianna, "Her bar tab is up to date."

Nicole tries to leave. Sami stops her grabs a phone to call the police. Nicole screams, "I will not let you do that!" She tosses the phone across the room."

The audience chants, "Cat-fight! Cat-fight!"

Bo and Carly are back at Bo and Hope's house. Carly rants about Chad calling Mia a slut, "I feel bad for her." Bo tells her she doesn't have a lot of time to worry about other people. Carly says if she doesn't do what she came there for she will never get another chance.

Mia hauls an oversized order across the room at the Java Café. A cup rolls off the tray and shatters on the floor beneath her. Mia stops and starts picking up the pieces. Vivian stoops beside her and picks up a few pieces too, "You look like you could use some help."

Kate asks, "You think something's gong on, don't you?" EJ tells her with Stefano something is always going on and there are certain aspects of EJ's life that are none of Kate's business.

"Your father seems to think they're not your business either," says Kate, "You know, when a son lets his father control his life, he should be careful about using the term lapdog." EJ excuses himself and starts to leave. Kate tosses lap-doggie a bone, "You're father tried to have Rafe killed. Aren't you curious why?" Lapdog stares.

Rafe gets off the phone and wonders why Sami didn't stay at the pub. He figures something is wrong, "I don't like this."

Sami blocks Nicole from leaving, "You are paying for this. I can't imagine what EJ will do when he finds out. I am taking Sydney back. She is my daughter."

Nicole booms, "NO!" Sami hauls off and...

SLAP !

"SAY IT, NICOLE!"

Nicole whimpers and cowers.

SLAP !

"Say it! Say 'Sydney is Sami's daughter.' Say it!"

Nicole breaks down, "Sydney... is... yours..."

BLATHERBAWLBLUBBERWAH...

The radio breaks in with a news bulletin saying the water shortage crisis in Salem is over.

Chloe tells Daniel the story of telling Nicole about Sami's pregnancy. Daniel offers support, "Sami didn't tell EJ she was pregnant and Nicole didn't tell him she wasn't. EJ wasn't aware of what was going on either way. So what do you make of that?"

"EJ is as dense as a plutonium boulder."

"Nicole tried to have a family by taking another woman's baby," says Daniel.

Victor thinks Brady is trying to protect Arianna. He says Arianna will never change, "Dealing is profitable. She wants money and you have money. And you've decided you're going to clean up Dodge to protect her." Brady reminds Victor he has money which means he must've wanted it, too. "I was never after the money," says Victor, "I was after the power that it brought, but I won't let that greedy conniving bitch hurt you."

back at the pug, Arianna asks Rafe to be careful. She thinks they should tell the police. Rafe doesn't want the police involved, "I am bringing Sami's baby back to her. It's private."

Nicole sobs, "I never thought anything could hurt as much as losing a baby. That's why I knew what you were going through when Grace died. I couldn't bring myself to tell EJ."

"Because you knew it was a deal breaker," says Sami.

"No," says wails Nicole, "He loved me. And I loved him."

"Does that excuse what you did," says Sami.

Nicole blubbers, "You had Grace. EJ had his daughter. I thought we all could be happy."

Brady gets back to Arianna's place and tells her Victor wouldn't talk. He has brought a computer and is going in to look at Victor's deleted files, "Like it or not you've got a partner now."

Carly tells Bo she doesn't like being cooped up, "Before Lawrence died there was a moment he knew he was dying and knew I did it. I'm a doctor and I killed someone."

"That means there is probably an opening for a gal like you at Salem hospital," says Bo.

Vivian tells Mia she looks unhappy. Mia insists she's fine. Vivian presses. She offers to help.

Chloe shows up at the DiMera mansion. Kate answers the door and sees her standing alone, "Where's Brisbane... or whatever her name is."

Chloe brushes past her and goes into the rumpus room, "EJ, there is something I have to tell you."

Nicole tries everything she can think of. She brings up Will and how young Sami was when she had him. Sami tells her not to go there, "What... you thought I had so many kids I wouldn't miss one? Are you telling me you think what you did was right?"

"It-wah-could-wah-have-wah-been."

"Tell me where Sydney is Right now."

"No," shrieks Nicole, "She's mine and I will never give you Sydney!"

Brady computes, "Granddad is ruthless but he's not a computer nerd." Brady finds the deleted orders. Unfortunately, the information is in code, "This will take longer than I thought, but I will find out what's going on if it's the last thing I do."

Bo gets a call, "Are you sure? Lawrence? That doesn't make any sense." He hangs up and turns to Carly, "You're not going to believe this."

Mia tells Vivian she's the second person today to tell her it looks like something is wrong with her, "I must be a real basket case."

Vivian asks, "Was the other person a stranger, too?"

"Look," says Mia, "My boss doesn't pay me to stand around and chat. I have to get back to work."

"In that case," says Vivian, "I'll have a double espresso to calm my nerves." Mia goes off to get the order. Vivian calls Gus and tells him Carly can't hide.

EJ shuts Kate out of the room. Chloe tells him he has to talk to Sami and Nicole, "I can't be the one to tell you. It has to be them."

Sami gives Nicole a look that could kill, "You're not calling the shots any more."

"Sydney is my child," cries Nicole, "She needs and loves me." The two go at it. I just hit the mute button and I can still hear the shouting. Nicole picks up a glass and starts to use it as a weapon as Rafe walks in with Sydney. Nicole lets the glass slide out of her hand. Sami sees Sydney and has a total breakdown.

NOTE – you can now follow Prevuze on twitter at: http://twitter.com/prevuze

Prevuze II has a video of the daily show previews, which should be available by noon (EST) on any given day. To see Prevuze II: CLICK HERE


16 Comments:

Anonymous Berg said...

Ah in the immortal words of John Black "I do not bend to pressure. I spit in its face."
Who knew we would be quoting the eyebrow man a year later after his departure from the show. I wish he were still on the show. He actually can act, well at least in his last year he could act. He was the best bad drone John Black ever and just when he won me over, he was off the show and they gave him back his memories.

Oh Nicole. Finally the truth comes out. EJ, poor stupid rubber baby bumper blind EJ is going to go ballistic. Nicole deserves what's coming to her. Should be interesting how they bring her back from jail when Ari comes back off maternity leave.

I think the DOOL writers really and truly blew the baby swap storyline. It had potential. But I am glad it's over because in the end we all knew they would blow it. How Rafe is going to be "daddy" to Sydney makes me ugh.

Is anyone watching the Carly-Bo-Hope-Vivian storyline? Could Carly be any duller? I have an idea. Match Rafe up with Carly and get Cafe!!! Two boring watch the paint dry acting....I know below the belt, some people are going to be even more upset and since they no longer read Prevuze will not have to no longer read Prevuze comments....

Happy Friday!!! Leslie, help me out - analyze this crap for me - because I can no longer get invested in any of these stories.

3:52 AM  
Anonymous Berg said...

Can I also just add - I no English speak? I reread my post, ran and got coffee - wow. Apologies for the mess I made.

3:54 AM  
Anonymous Maggie Mae said...

I have to agree with Berg, put Rafe with Carly.

I'm rethinking that, let's have a new triangle with Rafe and Arianne fighting over Carly that way I can fastforward the three dullest characters on the show.

4:08 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

What an utter disappointment this reveal has been so far. I guess it's up to EJ and his reaction to the reveal to save this rather lack luster ending.

4:40 AM  
Anonymous Leslie said...

He finds her computer, sits, and somehow figures out what Carly was doing on it.

Her password must be “I love Bo”.

Rafe tags on a little warning for Chloe, "And you don't want to go down with her."

"I can't," says Chloe, "We only have one elevator in the building."

When I saw the Prevuze II clip, I knew it was ripe for a Prevuzisum, and you certainly didn’t disappoint!!! I just have to wonder if the DOOL writers were aware that they were throwing a double entendre the viewers' way. Good heavens the thought of Nicole, Misty Circle, and an elevator conjures up also sorts of silliness.

Rafe drops the baby bomb.

Good job Rafe. Tell everyone about the baby switch before the father knows. This guy is ex-FBI so he should know about ethics and how to keep his mouth shut.

Vivian stoops beside her and picks up a few pieces too, "You look like you could use some help."

This is not random. Something has got to connect Mia to Carly and/or Vivian.

"You know, when a son lets his father control his life, he should be careful about using the term lapdog."

Kate definitely has a point.

"EJ is as dense as a plutonium boulder."

Sad but true – sigh.

Rafe doesn't want the police involved, "I am bringing Sami's baby back to her. It's private."

Huh? Is Rafe into frontier justice and plans to deal with Nicole himself? I get that Rafe has a real hero complex but Sami’s father is a cop. Roman probably won’t be impressed with Rafe’s vigilante tactics. Nicole belongs in jail, and that won’t happen without getting the police involved. Geez!!

Apparently, EJ will find out about the baby switch on Tuesday. Since everyone will be wearing the same clothes, DOOL will have successfully dragged this out for at least four days. I watched THE BIG REVEAL last night, and I have to agree with Berg. It was THE BIG LETDOWN. After the whole 1 ½ year build up, the reveal was annoyingly tepid. Rafe’s lack of any real emotion didn’t help. Was that OK Berg?

Great pictures and great Prevuze!!! TGIF and TGFP!!!!!!!!!

6:15 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Can we hope this brings EJ and Sammy back together? Poor Sammy, she finally trusts someone (Nicole) and gets totally burned, wonder what scars this will leave!

Great job Prevuze!!

6:26 AM  
Blogger Applecheeks said...

He finds her computer, sits, and somehow figures out what Carly was doing on it.

Her password must be “I love Bo”
.

I noticed yesterday that after Carly wrote down what she needed from the computer she just got up and walked away. Didn’t close the program or anything. I'm just shocked Bo had the brains to look at it.

"I know there is a recession but you don't want to cut costs when you get a hit man.

Good one, Kate. But you tend to pinch pennies yourself by carrying out your hits personally. LOL

"Nicole tried to have a family by taking another woman's baby," says Daniel.

Jeez, I hope this doesn’t put any ideas into baby-less Chloe’s empty head!

I know the writers were going to stretch out the reveal (and Alison did a wonderful job yesterday), but could they have come up with any lamer way for Rafe to break the news to Sami? For him to just come out of the blue with, "Your baby is still alive." I mean, come on!!

How about, "I know this is going to sound unbelievable, but I have something to tell you, so please listen. You and Mia's babies were switched at birth. I have the proof. Our wonderful Grace is gone, but your biological child is alive and Nicole has been keeping her from you all these months." Further explanations could have followed, but Sami wouldn't have been thrown right into the shock of thinking Rafe was saying Grace was alive.

Well enough of trying to make Salem a part of the rational universe. Here is another Prevuism I loved:

"I'm a doctor and I killed someone." "That means there is probably an opening for a gal like you at Salem hospital," says Bo.

Also LOL at Nicole "going down" and at poor Sydney's fear of wearing an orange jumpsuit. The girl already has good fashion sense. With her coloring, orange would look terrible on her.

Looking forward to the bitch-slapping scenes. I'm surprised Sami didn't lead into the conversation with a good left hook the minute she laid eyes on Nicole!

Great job, Prevuze!

6:45 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

How stupid of Rafe to think they can just take Sydney without getting the police involved. She's got a birth certificate and SS number and all that stuff that's on record with the government. And it seems that it hasn't occurred to him that EJ might care about this. I think the writers are purposely making Rafe act like a complete moron just for laughs.

6:48 AM  
Anonymous Leslie said...

I know the writers were going to stretch out the reveal (and Alison did a wonderful job yesterday), but could they have come up with any lamer way for Rafe to break the news to Sami? For him to just come out of the blue with, "Your baby is still alive." I mean, come on!!

Applecheeks - I thought the same thing. I know they had to drag this out through the entire episode and save Sami's big reaction until the end but it made no sense to make it so confusing that Sami was misunderstanding what Rafe was trying to tell her. The whole concept of the baby switch should have plenty for Sami to try to work through. Instead we had to get the over wrought explanation of how much Sami loved Grace and will never forget her. As if any of us would think that Sami would simply discard the validity of that relationship once she found out the Grace wasn't her biological daughter. If DOOL would give the viewers credit for some intelligence and compansion, we wouldn't have to subjected to so much silliness.

7:24 AM  
Anonymous I Challenge You To A DOOL said...

"And then this damn 'baby-baby who's go the baby game... it's driving me wild."

"Chloe is clueless, but I thought she could watch the baby."

I've missed drone John Black because he said things that I was thinking. Kate filled in for him quite nicely in this episode.

Excellent, entertaining recap -- as always! Thanks Prevuze!

7:36 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

No one even mentioned Mia in all of this or Chad for that matter. I am interested in Chad's reaction to the news that he was in fact a father but his little girl died. So sad!

7:43 AM  
Anonymous Bulldog said...

Ah, Jawn! I really do miss him - not oldSquints but NuJawn. Can't they bring him back without Marlena?

I know Rafe ran into Daniel at the hospital and Daniel asked why he was looking for the baby. Did they show Rafe telling him the whole story? And why would he tell Daniel? It's almost like we missed something because all of a sudden Daniel knows everything. Oh, well.

My "HUH?" moment today - Kate says "You know, when a son lets his father control his life, he should be careful about using the term lapdog." OMG, what does that make HER sons??

I enjoyed the reveal yesterday altho I'm with everyone else about it taking half of the episode for Rafe to spit out it wasn't Grace who's alive. I agree, Applecheeks, Alison Sweeney did a great job I thought.

LOL over Nicole goin' down in the elevator and "That means there is probably an opening for a gal like you at Salem hospital" HAHAHAHA

Happy Friday to all and thanks, Prevuze! :D

7:53 AM  
Anonymous Betyar said...

I'm glad you can no longer be acused of "bending to pressure" Prevuze. I'd hate to think that the rest of us Prevuzites are gonna let a humor-challenged person who is no longer reading this blog dictate how much snark we're gonna get from you, or the direction of that snarkiness. If you stop doing what you're doing and strart bending to pressure some of us might have to start watching the show, and that would be real torture! Save us please!!!

I started reading this blog a couple of years ago and I've been a fan since, and I say the more snark the better. Keep doing what you're doing Prevuze, the rest of us love it!!!

I also miss Robo-John and his one liners. Victor has been pretty funny lately, but he doesn't have the build of an attractive 50something John Black! What can I say, I admit I can be vain at times.

On another note I wonder how long it will take the lapdog to find out the truth? It was nice to get the "big reveal" but I think the actual reveal with the real parents is bound to be more exciting. I like Rafe, but watching him give his explanation was about as exciting as watching paint dry(Alison did a fantastic job, as always)...Watching EJ deal with the news...Priceless!

9:07 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think that Sami summed it up when Nicole started one of her inane and insane rationalizations for stealing little Sydney when she said, " And you think because I had other children that I wouldn't miss one?"

That was a mother talking! No matter how many children you have, the loss of a child always leaves a hole in your heart! If Nicole and Sami had lived in Solomon's time, then it would be Nicole agreeing to have the baby cut into two rather than let her "real" mother have her!

12:56 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Is it already Saturday?

11:08 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I agree with Berg about Carly/Bo/Hope etc. I can't wait for the snarkiness of the Carly character to begin. Should be fun!

7:03 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


Blogarama     Globe Of Blogs