Tuesday, September 29, 2009

The Rattlesnake

EJ and Nicole return home chirping about how great it was for Dr. Merriman to see them on such short notice. EJ hesitates on the way in and Nicole gets snippy and tells him to go find Brady if that's what he wants to do. EJ huffs off to get something from the car.

Nicole drones, "I need to get hold of Brady and Stefano." She moves into the foyer and Kate walks in. Ho #2 asks ho #1 what she is doing there.

Meredith and Arianna run into each other outside the Cheatin' Heart. Meredith spills her stuff and Arianna wonders what she's buying mortar for.

Rafe stirs. He calls for Sami. Apparently the poor boy isn't in enough pain.

Sami sits at her computer and composes a nagging email to Rafe since she can't nag him in person. Will comes in, senses something is wrong and asks what it is. It's only an hour show so Sami can't go into all of it, but she does tell him about Rafe being gone and probably not coming back.

Rafe flashes back to talking to Sami about the night Grace was born, "Sami's baby is still alive. Sydney is Sami's baby." He works his bindings, "I gotta get out of here and find Sami."

Sami asks Will what happened with Mia. "The dad found out about Mia's baby. He's decided Mia had no right to give the baby away. Now I think he will make Mia's life miserable."

"She's been doing a pretty good job of that on her own," says Sami.

Chad asks if Mia wants to get back together. She says not if he keeps trying to find out where the baby is. Chad accuses her of blackmail.

"I'd do anything to keep the secret," says Mia.

"No deal," says Chad the dad, "Where is my daughter?"

Nicole is confused. Kate reiterates the fact that she lives there. Nicole asks, "Why would Stefano rent you a room?"

Stefano comes out laughing, "No, no, no. You misunderstand. Kate is the new mistress of the house.. the joy of my life... my better half... whatever you want to call it."

"OK," says Nicole, "I'd call it your live-in call girl."

Stefano beams, "Give your mother-in-law a big hug!"

Will weaves the tale of Chad and Mia and, of course, tells Sami he wants to help.

Mia says, "You're acting like the baby is something you did."

"Well, you couldn't have done it without me," says Chad, "I want my kid. I just want to see her and see if she looks like me and let her know I'm her dad. What's wrong with that?"

"Look," says Mia, "I understand you feel left out. But I need you to understand I did what was best for my baby. Now that part of my life is over. I've moved on and if you want to be with me you have to move on, too."

Nicole asks if Stefano is out of his mind. EJ comes in, kisses Mommy and hugs Daddy. Stef'n-Ho leave.

Nicole turns on her spigot and spews, "You knew about this and didn't tell me!"

"You're not the only one who keeps secrets," says EJ, "Sometimes, though, secrets get out."

Meredith says she's back fixing up her parents' house and that's why she's walking around with a box of mortar. Arianna thinks that's great and welcomes her back to good ole Salem. She offers to buy her a drink. Meredith accepts and they waltz in.

Rafe struggles. He sees a rusty nail on the floor and tries to get it with his foot.

Arianna and Meredith talk. Arianna insists Rafe loved her sister. Meredith thinks Rafe hasn't suffered enough.

Mia insists she doesn't know who the parents are. She wants to believe they are good people. She breaks down and asks why Chad is doing this. "When I heard you on the phone my life changed," says Chad, "I want to see my baby."

"She's not yours," says Mia, "And she's not mine. She belongs to someone else now." Note: When you saw this in the previews, if you thought that meant Chad wasn't the father, I'm afraid you're going to have to repeat DOOL 101. Chad insists things would have been different if he had been (say it with him) there for her.

EJ and Nicole argue. "I didn't tell you," says EJ, "because I knew you would react exactly like you are reacting right now."

"As opposed to what," asks Nicole, "Jumping for joy over the rattlesnake that now lives in this house where Sydney sleeps?"

Kate has had the chef prepare something special for Stefano since they are husband and wife. It's basically a sugar-coated lump of sugar with sugary syrup on top. Stefano oohs and aahs over it but reminds Kate he's a diabetic. Gasp! Oh, my Kate seems to have forgotten. She wonders how she could have been so insensitive.

EJ and Nicole toss more vile word bombs back and forth. Nicole snorts, "I don't feel Sydney is safe here. Guess what... we're moving out."

She starts to go and EJ grabs her, "You're not going anywhere or taking my daughter, either."

Chad says he cares. He still wants Mia and him to be together. Mia says that will only work if he stops looking for his baby. It's her or the baby. "And what about Will," asks Chad, "I want him out of your life for good... I don't want him there even as a friend. You push Will out of your life and we will talk."

EJ makes himself clear, and then he and Nicole go in to congratulate his father. They walk in and Nicole grabs the sugar saturated dish from Stefano. She suggests he hire a food taster with Kate around. EJ and Kate leave so Stefano and Nicole can have a proper argument. Out in the foyer, EJ clears the table for old times' sake.

Stefano warns Nicole, "You will treat Kate with the respect she deserves."

"That would be none," says Nicole.

"We are soul mates," says Stefano.

"I would be careful where I put my soul when she's around," says Nicole.

Kate and EJ talk. He says he knows she only married his father for security and wants to know why she needs him so much.

Meredith wigs out and starts to stomp out, but Arianna stops her. Meredith twirls around and shouts, "Your brother killed my sister Arianna."

Arianna says, "What a coincidence, my name is Arianna, too."

Stefano demands that Nicole show Kate respect. He asks why their honeymoon only lasted one day. "It was a disaster," says Nicole.

Lucas Roberts: Accidentally played his motivation tapes backwards and became a failure.

Mommy insists she and Stefano married for companionship, not because of the little issue with Chloe. EJ speculates Stefano pulled her out of the fire and the price was marriage. He asks how Victor and Phillip are doing.

"Phillip was disconcerted," says Kate, "But Victor gave me away. I may bring the DiMera and Kiriakis families together."

EJ lets out a belly laugh and warns her not to hurt Stefano, "There will be no forgiveness."

Arianna insists Rafe didn't murder Emily. Meredith backs off and says she was being dramatic. She hopes Rafe never forgets Emily. Arianna says she hopes Meredith will find peace.

"You know," says Meredith, "I think I will. If you talk to Rafe give him my best." She leaves.

Rafe continues to struggle. He scoots the nail toward him.

Will and Sami are at the Java Café. Will gets a call from Mickey as Mia walks in. Will leaves to take the call. He stops Mia and tells her he may have some info. He leaves to finish the call and Mia sits with Sami. Sami tells her she's a brave girl.

"What are you talking about," asks Mia.

"Your baby."

"You know?"

"Yeah," says Sami, "Will told me. Is that not OK?"

Mia says it's OK, but she just didn't realize Will had told her. Will comes back and Mia asks to talk to him alone. Sami leaves.

KA-BOOM!

Mia turns into the whiny-teen version of the Incredible Hulk, "Will Horton, I mean this. It's over. We're over. I never want to see you again." She storms out. Will stares that vapid, clueless stare all men develop in the course of their relationships with women.

Arianna walks by the park bench and talks on her phone, "I need to see you right now."

Rafe struggles. Meredith opens the door and walks in.

Kate tells EJ she's not easily intimidated. EJ says it was just a simple warning. Kate says, "You are bright, discriminating and tasty... er, tasteful... but marring Nicole was a whopper."

Nicole thinks something is about to break, "EJ might do something tonight. I need your help."

"Not yet," says Stefano. He continues to pump sugar down his throat and tells her to stop obsessing and help celebrate his marriage. Nicole agrees and says she'll just have to keep stonewalling EJ.

EJ says his marriage is none of Kate's business. He assures Mommy he's a big boy and can take care of himself. "Nicole is nothing if not complicated," says Kate.

"Like you," says EJ.

Mia is back at Maggie's calling Chad, "I need to see you."

Will returns to Sami's apartment. He tells her he screwed up when told her about the baby. "You must've inherited your father's blabbermouth gene," says Sami. Will asks her help.

Meredith asks what Rafe is doing on the floor instead of up in the chair she provided. She smacks him again.

Arianna meets Roman at the pub. She asks him to run a name for her – Meredith Hudson.

Rafe lies in a heap. "Now you won't ever get away," says Meredith.

Kate thinks she and EJ are both complicated people. EJ gives her a devilish smile, "We had our... areas."

"I think the less said about that the better," warns Kate, "And about Nicole."

"I think the less said about that the better," says EJ. Stefano comes out and invites them in for a toast.

Nicole tells EJ she's going up to check on Sydney. When EJ goes into the rumpus room, Nicole takes out her phone and calls Brady, "We have to meet now."

Chad arrives. Mia tells him she dumped Will like a load of yesterday's garbage.

Will wonders how he can fix things with Mia. Sami says when you lose someone's trust she's not sure how to get it back, "That's the one thing I never got right." Sami would have an easier time counting the things she did get right.

Meredith prepares the mortar.

Roman says Sami already asked him to run a check on Meredith. Like every other guy in Salem, He wants to know what's going on.

"Whatever it is, it isn't good," says Arianna.

Apparently, Meredith is going to build an entire wall out of one box of mortar. She works her trowel and gives Rafe her cute little glassy-eyed, freaked-out murderess stare, "You are finally going to pay the way Emily had to pay."

Prevuze

NOTE – you can now follow Prevuze on twitter at: http://twitter.com/prevuze

Prevuze II has a video of the daily show previews, which should be available by noon (EST) on any given day. To see Prevuze II: CLICK HERE


6 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

The Dimera mansion must be bathed in a reddith glow.

Rafe bricked up inside a wall, say it isn't so. At least he'll have his trusty, rusty nail to dig his way out.

Phillip was disconcerted," says Kate, "But Victor gave me away. I may bring the DiMera and Kiriakis families together

I don't even want to think of which parts of the DiMera and Kirakis families she's bringing together. Shudder.

5:28 AM  
Anonymous Leslie said...

Meredith spills her stuff and Arianna wonders what she's buying mortar for.

Hmmmmm - either Meredith is going to go all Edgar Allen Poe/"Cask of Amontillado" on Rafe or she is fashioning a pair of cement loafers for him.

It's only an hour show so Sami can't go into all of it, but she does tell him about Rafe being gone and probably not coming back.

Somehow, I’m not finding that to be tragic.

Chad accuses her of blackmail.

Mia picked up lots of pointers from Nicole.

"Kate is the new mistress of the house.. the joy of my life... my better half... whatever you want to call it."

"OK," says Nicole, "I'd call it your live-in call girl."

…or madam of the DiMera cathouse.

Meredith thinks Rafe hasn't suffered enough.

However, the viewers have suffered plenty. Just get on with this drivel!

"Jumping for joy over the rattlesnake that now lives in this house where Sydney sleeps?"

Oh come on Nicole. You’re in league with the king cobra, and Stefano owns the house where Sydney sleeps.

It's basically a sugar-coated lump of sugar with sugary syrup on top.

Kate won’t have to go to all the trouble of poisoning brownies for Stefano. All she needs to do is keep shoving Twinkies at him. Any chef employed in the DiMera household would be well aware that Stefano is diabetic and has special dietary needs. He/she probably would have even had a session or two with a dietician. If the chef is eager to keep his/her job, that person would have a plethora of sugar restricted dessert recipes on hand just for Stefano.

EJ and Kate leave so Stefano and Nicole can have a proper argument. Out in the foyer, EJ clears the table for old times' sake.

…and let the snark begin!!!!

"I would be careful where I put my soul when she's around," says Nicole.

I’m thinking that’s like the pot calling the kettle black.

Meredith asks what Rafe is doing on the floor instead of up in the chair she provided. She smacks him again.

By now, Rafe’s brain should be swollen to the size of a watermelon. Since he has no brain, I’m guessing that Rafe won't have any lasting effects from the bashes to his head.

Bulldog, the monogramming on those towels must have cost a fortune. Yes, Prevuze, the Ford Decker Clinic is about right for Lucas, and the poster for "The Best Little Whorehouse in Salem" is spot on!!!

Word verification - horat - Pookie's breed

6:15 AM  
Blogger Applecheeks said...

Those monogrammed towels were from Victor I assume? hahaha

Stefano warns Nicole, "You will treat Kate with the respect she deserves." "That would be none," says Nicole.

Nicole took the words right out of my mouth. Too bad Ari has to leave for maternity leave fairly soon. The scenes with Kate/Stephano/Nicole/EJ will be must-see-TV. I hope.

Will comes back and Mia asks to talk to him alone. Sami leaves. KA-BOOM!

How conveeeenient of Will to hand Mia an excuse to dump him right at that exact moment.

I thought the same thing about the "box" of mortar - would that even be enough for the cement shoes Leslie suggested?

Why did they even bother to send EJicole to Paris? And, while I'm thinking about it, I wondered where Mary & Sydney were on board that small, private jet? In the cargo hold?

Ah well, so many questions, so little hope of logical answers. I exped (my word verification) nothing less from DOOL.

Thanks Prevuze!

6:24 AM  
Blogger Prevuze said...

Rafe bricked up inside a wall, say it isn't so. At least he'll have his trusty, rusty nail to dig his way out.

If Meredith has the intelligence of others on this show, I'm guessing there's a window right above Rafe's head, too.

6:48 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Kate thinks she and EJ are both complicated people. EJ gives her a devilish smile, "We had our... areas."

"I think the less said about that the better," warns Kate, "And about Nicole."

"I think the less said about that the better," says EJ.

Are EJ and Kate talking about their hook up way back when?

Maybe EJ will be the father of Kate's upcoming pregnancy? He is such a virile man!

8:04 AM  
Anonymous Bulldog said...

I thought Meredith had Rafe's hands tied up with handcuffs behind the pole. Was it a rope? Because if it was handcuffs what good would the nail do? Oh wait! Former FBI guy! He's going to pick the lock behind his back with a rusty nail! Anyway, I loved the image you provided, Leslie, of his watermelon head by now. :D

I agree with you, Applecheeks, the scenes in the DiMera mansion should be the best things on the program until Nicole skips town. If they could only get Victor over there. HA

LOL over Lucas playing his tapes backward and the Ford Decker clinic. Happy Tuesday everyone.

8:24 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


Blogarama     Globe Of Blogs