Monday, September 28, 2009

Odysseus

Rafe pounds on the door to Sami's apartment. Sami answers and sees his battered and bleeding skull, "You look terrible." Rafe tries to tell her what's going on, but Sami interrupts, "You don't want to be with me, so you know what? You're dead to me."

SLAM!

Rafe reels backwards as the slamming door hits him in the forehead. No problem, another blow to Rafe's head is but a drop in the bucket.

Groggy Rafe wakes. Meredith sees him stirring, "Rafe... can you hear me?"

Sami calls and leaves another message for the lost child. Arianna arrives and they both fret because they haven't heard from Rafe. She asks Sami if they can work together on this.

Chad tells Mia he heard her talking to Will, "You left school so you could have a baby. You were a virgin. We had sex. It must be mine. You cut me out of your life, but I would never have let you go through that alone."

Prevuze

"I knew you better than anyone," whines Mia, "You would have found the money for an in 'n out clinic."

"They do abortions, too," asks Chad, "I thought they just sold burgers." He goes into a rage, "What the hell did you do with my kid?"

EJ asks Nicole if she's going to stonewall all the way home. "No," says Nicole, "I'm not. I'm gonna tell you the truth. Now."

EJ sits and gets comfortable enough to listen to the concoction Nicole is about to come up with, "Should I get Sydney, since we're going to be listening to a fairy tale?"

EJ prepares himself for another whopper as Nicole launches into things, "You are a DiMera. You know everything. If I had a big secret, don't you think you would know about it? You and Sydney are my life. I would never do anything to hurt you. And that is the truth. So help me God."

God steps in, "You're on your own, kid."

Daniel is disgusted with Victor for not supporting his undying love for Chloe. Victor is disgusted with Daniel for loving the little tramp. Chloe listens outside the door as Victor tells Daniel he doesn't have his blessing, "I'd rather die than see you marry that whore."

Daniel seethes, "Don't you EVER... ... ... (you have time to go fix the kids' lunch if you want)... ... talk about Chloe like that again."

Sami agrees she and Arianna should work together, "After we find Rafe, we can go for each other's throats again." She can't believe Rafe would just disappear, "He's never done anything like this before." Think again Blondie.

Meredith checks Rafe out. No pulse, "Damn! I never realized if you slam an iron fireplace poker and a ten pound brick into a guy's head it could kill him."

Victor asks, "Daniel, what do you know about Odysseus?"

"Not much," says Daniel, "But if you're going to start pontificating about him, I'll bet he was Greek."

Victor tells the story of the Sirens, "They were so alluring that when his ship sailed by their home, the crew had to tie Odysseus to the mast so he wouldn't go running after them."

"Were the sirens cheap, two-timing, adulterous hos," asks Daniel.

"Of course not," says Victor.

"In that case," says Daniel., "Chloe is not a siren."

Victor huffs, "A man like you can get any woman he wants."

"No," says Daniel, "if you can't respect Chloe I am out the door."

Chloe walks in. Victor ties Daniel to the mast. Chloe whines, "Daniel don't. Victor is right. I'm not worth it."

Mia says she wouldn't have done things differently if Chad had called to let her know where he was, "We were both in high school – we couldn't have given her the life she deserves."

"A girl?"

"Yes."

"Do you have a picture?"

"No."

"I want to see her."

Arianna tells Sami she and Rafe didn't have anything to do with each other for quite a while. Sami says she knows that, but doesn't have details, "What caused the two of you not to speak for so long?"

Arianna says, "We were just lucky, I guess."

Rafe returns from the dead. Meredith tells him she's been following his career. She has somehow come up with a scrapbook, "You were suspended, but it came too late for Emily." She picks up a picture of Grace, "So sad she's gone and unfortunately for you the two of you won't be reunited because murderers go to hell."

EJ tells Nicole he thinks he's been played one too many times. Sydney cries. Nicole gets up to go see what's wrong. EJ tries to stop her, "Mary will take care of it."

Nicole comes unglued, "Don't you ever keep me from my little girl!"

Arianna tells Sami a few years ago she made a mistake and Rafe helped her. Because of that he took a big hit and she wouldn't blame him if he still weren't talking to her, "But that was in the past. And don't forget Rafe helped you lie to EJ. Not only that, I found out EJ and Nicole left the country, so EJ might be behind Rafe's disappearance. If he were here, I think he would question both EJ and Nicole."

"If he were here," says Sami, "Why would he be questioning anyone about his disappearance, and why Nicole?"

Meredith checks Rafe's phone. She tries the password, "E-M-I-L-Y." It doesn't work, so she tries another, "S-A-M-I." It gets her in. She turns to Rafe, "You changed the password from 'Emily' to 'Sami' – One more betrayal. One more way to disrespect the woman you murdered. Emily would want to make sure I never let you hurt anyone else. Or change your password again."

Mia tells Chad she gave the kid up for adoption and doesn't know where the she is, but she's sure the baby has a good home. Chad is skeptical. He insists Mia is the type of person who would never hand her kid to a total stranger.

Nicole bounces Sydney. She tells EJ she's not sure what's wrong. EJ overreacts and says he thinks they need a doctor. Nicole tries to settle him down and tells him this isn't like Grace, "I will protect Sydney for all the Days Of Our Lives. if you don't believe anything else I say, believe that."

Chad demands to see the adoption papers. Mia tells him it's too late to do anything. Chad erupts, "I'm gonna get my own lawyer. "I'm gonna stop this phoney adoption and I'm gonna get my daughter back."

EJ and Nicole continue to worry about Sydney. EJ gives her some baby aspirin.

Arianna flashes back to her conversation with Rafe about the miscarriage. She stops short of telling Sami about it. Sami suggests calling her dad, "Lets' get the police involved in this."

Meredith takes Rafe's wallet. She finds memorial cards for Emily and Grace, but tells Rafe he won't have one because there won't be a body. She gets in his face, "The world will be a better place once you're gone."

Prevuze

Daniel tells Chloe never to say that again. Chloe beats herself up and tells him Victor is right. Daniel insists Victor is just being cruel. He starts to leave with her but Victor stops them.

Nicole tells EJ she was concerned about being a mom but found it came naturally. Sydney wrestles her as Nicole asks if being a mom counts for anything with him.

Chad and Mia argue. Mia loses it and refuses to give him the adoption agency's name. Chad figures he can gets some juicy info from her computer and he grabs for it. Mia sees what he's doing and she tries to yank it from him. Will walks in as they tussle, "HEY! What are you doing?" Will and Chad throw a few punches at each other and the fight is on.

Meredith types into Rafe's phone.

Sami's computer sounds an alert, "You have a fake email message."

Victor does a 180° so fast we all get whiplash, "Whatever you decide I will accept. Not with my blessing but I will keep an open mind."

Chloe and Daniel say how much they appreciate magnanimous Victor's generosity. "But please," says Daniel, "From now on, spare us the Greek mythology."

Mia pulls the boys apart. "What's going on," asks Will. Like father like son. Chad says he wanted Mia's computer to read her diary.

Will turns to Mia and gasps, "You told him."

Chad says, "No. she didn't. I figured it out."

Will can't believe it, "No one in Salem ever figures anything out. Especially if it's obvious."

Chad demands, "Where is the baby?" Silence. Chad heads out to find his kid. He follows the breadcrumbs.

Nicole says she will call the doctor as soon as they land. Sydney goes to sleep and Nicole asks where they go form there. EJ says that depends what coked-up Brady has to say, "You have no idea how much I want to believe you. Because if everything you're telling me were true, that would mean I'm not as stupid as I really am."

Sami reads Rafe's email, "I have to work things out for myself and get away for a while. Don't try to contact me. I wish you all the happiness in the world."

Arianna gets a text from Rafe, "I'm out of town, maybe for good. I miss you but need time alone. I'll be fine."

Arianna asks, "This is how he says goodbye? This isn't right at all."

Chloe leaves. Daniel assures Victor, "Eventually you'll see the best in Chloe."

"I take it that means she's going to start wearing low-cut blouses again," says Victor, "All I want is for you to be happy." They hug – a guy hug, of course. Daniel leaves.

Will says even if Chad found the baby he couldn't undo the adoption. He suggests calling Mickey to see if Chad has any rights. He goes to call the Mickster and tells Mia he won't mention her name. After Will leaves Mia sighs and then bolts like a horse running from a barn fire.

Daniel and Chloe cuddle on the park bench and debrief about their encounter with Victor. They talk about her becoming 'Mrs. Jonas.' Chloe just can't wait. Daniel doesn't wait; he dives right in.

Victor swills booze and remembers his argument with Daniel. Henderson comes in and asks if Victor needs anything. He says he overheard and thought what Victor did was gracious.

"Yes," says Victor, "Not that the cheap slut deserved it."

Sami broods about Rafe taking off. Arianna tires to support her and tells her Rafe loved her so much and this isn't the first time he's tried to get a little distance, "He always comes back. Like a bad penny."

Meredith taunts, "If Stefano hadn't brought me back here you wouldn't have been in this predicament."

Rafe asks, "Stefano?"

Meredith shushes him, "You have plenty to worry about. I have to go get some supplies and when I get back, we can get to work." She leaves. Rafe stares. And bleeds.

Will comes back into the kitchen and finds Mia missing.

Mia finds Chad on the pier. She apologizes that he had to find out about the baby like that. Chad thinks it's amazing he has a kid out there somewhere. "But she's someone else's little girl now," says Mia, "And what would you do with a baby? What kind of life could you give her?"

"I can get her all the free coffee I can sneak out of the Java Café," says Chad, "and free tickets to the Salem High baseball games."

"I carried her for nine months," says Mia, "and dreamed about raising her. She wasn't born yet and I loved her as much as I loved you, but I knew she would be better off with someone else. So you need to let it go. You need to let her have her life. Maybe we can have ours again."

Chad picks up on that one, "So are you saying you want to get back together?"

Sami rereads Rafe's email and remembers Rafe saying he wants to be a father to Grace, "I have made such a mess of my life. Please God, let me not have ruined Rafe's too."

God wrinkles his brow, "Have we met?"

Rafe dreams about chasing after Sami. We leave him where we came in, pounding on Sami's door, "Listen to me! Your baby is still alive. Nicole switched them. Sydney is your baby!" The fantasy ends and we pan up to suffering Rafe.

Meanwhile, Arianna bumps into Meredith in the seedy section of town. If she didn't bump into people, Arianna wouldn't ever have anyone to talk to.

Nicole takes Sydney to powder their noses. EJ drones, "I love you very much, but if you're lying to me there will be hell to pay."

Satan jumps in, "Don't worry too much about that payment. We can settle up when both of you get down here."

NOTE – you can now follow Prevuze on twitter at: http://twitter.com/prevuze

Prevuze II has a video of the daily show previews, which should be available by noon (EST) on any given day. To see Prevuze II: CLICK HERE


10 Comments:

Anonymous Leslie said...

No problem, another blow to Rafe's head is but a drop in the bucket.

With all the concussions, Rafe could follow in the foot steps of Troy Aikman and become an equally boring color commentator. If they were together in the broadcast booth, the Troy/Rafe team could put the entire viewing audience to sleep.

EJ sits and gets comfortable enough to listen to the concoction Nicole is about to come up with, "Should I get Sydney, since we're going to be listening to a fairy tale?"

Prevuze, you’ve insulted fairies every where. Even fairies couldn’t come up with the ridiculous tales spun in the warped mind of Nicole.

She can't believe Rafe would just disappear, "He's never done anything like this before." Think again Blondie.

Sami doesn’t know Rafe nearly well enough to be making a statement like that. Rafe’s relationship with Sami in witless protection was supposed to be purely professional. He moved in with her for about 10 minutes and spent the entire time refusing to discuss any aspect of his life. Basically, Sami knows squat about him.

Daniel is disgusted with Victor for not supporting his undying love for Chloe.

It’s more like undying lust. At least Dr. Grabba-A-Glute has higher standards than Lucas. He didn’t start their relationship by schtupping Chloe in an elevator.

"What caused the two of you not to speak for so long?"

Arianna says, "We were just lucky, I guess."

Good thing – they could have bored each other to death.

Because of that he took a big hit and she wouldn't blame him if he still weren't talking to her.

Was the hit anything like the ones that Meredith is currently applying to Rafe’s head?

"You have no idea how much I want to believe you. Because if everything you're telling me were true, that would mean I'm not as stupid as I really am."

Talk about dumbing down a character – that’s something the DOOL writers have proven they can handle.

"Eventually you'll see the best in Chloe."

"I take it that means she's going to start wearing low-cut blouses again," says Victor.

If boobs were brains, Chloe’s IQ would be off the charts.

Move over Odysseus. I think I might have to be tied to a mast to get through this one. Thank goodness for a great snarky Prevuze update to get me through this blustery Monday morning.

5:47 AM  
Anonymous Bulldog said...

Henderson comes in and asks if Victor needs anything. He says he overheard and thought what Victor did was gracious.

"Yes," says Victor, "Not that the cheap slut deserved it." Aw, come on, Vic. You don't have to call Daniel names. I love it when I catch a missed Prevuze snark opportunity.

Chad heads out to find his kid. He follows the breadcrumbs. I've never had or been a teenage boy but I can't help but wonder if most of them wouldn't be relieved the whole situation had been taken care of. Rushing out like a concerned father just doesn't seem real. Real. On DOOL. What AM I thinking?? HAHAHAHHA

And about Victor's story of the Sirens. If the Sirens were so alluring how'd the crew resist them? Huh? Tell me that, Victor. Why didn't they have to tie themselves to the mast?? Oh, sorry, back to Salem....

LOL over "They do abortions, too," asks Chad, "I thought they just sold burgers." and Daniel asking for a nasty cougar.

Thanks, Prevuze, for getting the loooong week ahead off to a great start! :D

7:13 AM  
Anonymous LemonGrass said...

"What caused the two of you not to speak for so long?"

Arianna says, "We were just lucky, I guess."


Good thing – they could have bored each other to death. < You say that as if it would have been a bad thing.

Had to laugh when Chad says Mia isn't the kind of girl who would hand her child over to strangers to adopt.

Wish we could have said the same thing about Sami.

8:22 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Is it bad when Nicole is the best parent on the show? She actually spends time with Syndey rather than shipping her offspring off to Maggie / Caroline / Marlena / whoever can babysit.

8:56 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Euh Nicole is the best parent because it's plot driven for the storyline, and she has nobody to baby-sitt the baby (ok there is still the dimera's nanny, i don't remember her name but it's really just to suit the storyline) don't be naive !!! lol

9:04 AM  
Blogger Applecheeks said...

Victor ties Daniel to the mast.

Don’t care if the auditors are back this week and sitting right outside my office door, this was LOL funny! And, Bulldog, all of the crew had to tie themselves up. Vic just didn't get into those tiny things called "details".

Chloe whines, "Daniel don't. Victor is right. I'm not worth it."

I can just hear it. Woman, pitch your voice down out of the whine-o-sphere and tell the old man where to stick it. Why would anyone want to be with someone with so little self-esteem??!!

(Which reminds me...spit a little of my protein shake when I saw Bulldog's whine meter picture. I'd just opened the blog and wasn't prepared, i.e., no liquids or solids in my mouth.)

Will can't believe it, "No one in Salem ever figures anything out. Especially if it's obvious."

LOLOL

Daniel assures Victor, "Eventually you'll see the best in Chloe." "I take it that means she's going to start wearing low-cut blouses again," says Victor

Pardon me? Except for the hospital gown, did she ever stop?

If she didn't bump into people, Arianna wouldn't ever have anyone to talk to.

Well, the poor writers can't come up with realistic ways for characters to interact. They just fall back on lazy writing and DOOL coincidences.

Monday is turning out great so far. A snarky Prevuze and a scheduled all-day meeting that only lasted 20 minutes. Can't beat that combo.

9:16 AM  
Anonymous Leslie said...

Anonymous said...
Is it bad when Nicole is the best parent on the show? She actually spends time with Syndey rather than shipping her offspring off to Maggie / Caroline / Marlena / whoever can babysit.

Nicole hands Sydney off to Mary. EJ, Nicole, Sydney, and Mary went to Paris on the private jet for the honeymoon. Nicole takes care of Sydney when she can fit her into her schedule. Nicole's schedule includes shopping sprees, walks in the park to plot with Brady, trips to the convent with Rafe, visits to Maggie's home to threaten Mia, etc. It appears that Sydney keeps Mary very busy.

9:29 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

"They do abortions, too," asks Chad, "I thought they just sold burgers."

justwhen you thin Prevuze can't get any funnier, she comes up with this!

10:47 AM  
Blogger Cinder Ella said...

Bulldog, the rest of the crew had their ears sealed to block the sound of the sirens' cries.

1:20 PM  
Anonymous Maggie Mae said...

How sad is it that even though Nicole hands off Syd to Mary, EJ, etc. she's STILL the best mom in Salem.

6:26 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


Blogarama     Globe Of Blogs