Tuesday, September 22, 2009

Rube Goldberg

On Saturday we told you all about the trials and tribulations of publishing Prevuze while working with our 1985 satellite technology. We didn't say anything, however, about the trials and tribulations of publishing Prevuze while on the road. And, indeed, Prevuze is on the road today.

Suffice it to say, it's a Rube-Goldberg-caliber mess to get the (unreliable) satellite signal from the point we capture it at the Prevuze Compound to the Prevuze-mobile at its remote location.

Today it didn't work. Somewhere along the line one of the contraptions in the long chain of hardware, software and carrier pigeons that gets the show out has failed. Personally, I suspect one of the hamster wheels that power part of the system, but you never can tell.

The upshot of all this is I didn't get the feed and will have to wait to get back to the Compound to find out what happened. The good news (I guess) is that will be this afternoon, so at least I'll be able to correct whatever is wrong and get a posting out tomorrow.

Prevuze

In the meantime, take solace in the fact that it's Hump Day Eve. I realize that's grasping at straws, but what was I supposed to say – take solace in the fact that you have a long grueling week ahead of you and have only gotten through one excruciating day so far? Hump Day Eve sounds a lot better. Make it a good one.

Sorry for the inconvenience.

6 Comments:

Blogger Firstfall said...

Stef 'n Ho Dimera! LOL! Love it!

5:33 AM  
Anonymous Leslie said...

Gotta agree with Firstfall. Stef'n Ho DiMera is classic Prevuze! Even without a Daze run down, the faithful can count on Hump Day Eve snark!

6:57 AM  
Blogger Applecheeks said...

As usual, the pictures were great but I have to say...Stef 'n Ho Dimera has to be one of the all time best!! It practically makes up for the lack of a recap.

Perhaps the Prevuze-mobile could get a satellite dish installed on it. Granted it would cause some "drag" given the wind resistence while driving. But it wouldn't approach the drag of not getting our daily dose of Prevuze!!

Hang tough, Prevuze. We appreciate all your efforts on our behalf!

7:24 AM  
Anonymous Bulldog said...

This is my first day back in-office after a vacation and no Prevuze?? Do you realize the consequences of this?

I won't be able to function at full capacity. Productivity, even the small amount I'd crank out at full ability, will diminish.

I'm sure this is true for many of the faithful Prevuze readers so I'm afraid you'll just have to realize the unpleasant fact - - Prevuze can never go on the road again. Do you want the economy to collapse completely? Norris would be the only one keeping it going!

Sorry, I'm getting myself back together now. Loved all of the pictures! Thanks for trying, Prevuze. :)

8:48 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Stef'n Ho DiMera...this is the best one yet! Happy Hump Day Eve to everyone. Thank God the new season of NCIS starts tonite otherwise I'd be really upset to not get my daily dose of snark...well ok, there is snark today just not as much as I'm used to. Stef'n Ho will never get old. Instant Classic.
-Cookie-

9:40 AM  
Anonymous chaya said...

Stef 'n Ho has got to be one of the very best Prevuze lines ever - and that's not easy considering some of the competition

12:58 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


Blogarama     Globe Of Blogs