Monday, June 29, 2009

Difficulty Breeds Character

Chloe stands in Maggie's kitchen and arranges flowers. Daniel comes up behind her, picks one up and hands it to her. Chloe smiles and prepares to move in on him. She looks him in the eyes...

WHOA! MAGGIE!

Now, there's a shock no one needs before that first cup o' coffee. Maggie effortlessly goes into busybody mode, "What are you thinking about?"

"You mean besides the fact that a lot of things in my life are none of your business," asks Chloe. Being Chloe, however, her moment of lucidity doesn't last and she comes clean and tells Maggie she's thinking of Daniel. Oh, well, we should consider it a victory that Chloe can do any thinking at all.

Rubber-gloved Kate stands outside Chloe and Lucas' new place and plots against Chloe. She picks up what is either a huge garbage bag or Daniel's fruit basket, which sits by the front door and hauls out the vile vial and a hypo.

Daniel and Phillip are on the Kiriakis terrace. Phillip asks why Stephanie would be taking the pills. "Probably has something to do with that idiot she's dating," says Daniel.

Stephanie announces to Father Matt that her relationship with Phillip has to be over. "I want you to know something," says Father Matt.

Nicole bounces Johnny. She picks up the DiMera intercom, "ATTENTION EVERYONE... JOHNNY HAS TO KNOW HIS VISIT WITH HIS MOTHER IS A SECRET. REPEAT... I TOOK JOHNNY TO SEE SAMI AND THAT'S A SECRET. YOU MAY NOW RETURN TO YOUR NORMAL ACTIVITIES."

EJ walks in, "Keeping secrets, are you?"

Rafe visits Emily Hudson's grave. Sami finds him, "Who's Emily?"

Rafe says, "She's someone I knew."

"How?" Enquiring minds want to know. And, believe me, if Sami had a mind, it would be enquiring.

Daniel tells Phillip to talk to Stephanie himself. Phillip presses and Daniel hides behind doctor-patient confidentially, then leaves.

Father Matt says, "I don't want you to suffer any more. I'm advising you to stop watching DOOL. Also, If you're breaking away, you have to truly mean it." Phillip makes his umpteenth call. So Stephanie has had her phone turned off all morning and now it's somehow magically turned on and Phillip gets through. Father Matt leaves so Stephanie can take the call."

Phillip asks, "Is everything all right."

Stephanie whines, "No."

Rafe don' wanna talk about Emily. Too bad for the big lunk. Sami wants to.

Nicole says, "As a matter of fact, Johnny and I do share a secret. I told him he can have ice cream before dinner if..."

EJ shushes her, "Don't tell me. I'm glad to see the two of you are getting closer." OK enough time with the kid. EJ hauls him off to Mary. He comes back in and tells Nicole about judge Fitzpatrick's visit. Nicole doesn't think getting custody of Johnny would particularly be good news.

Phillip and Stephanie agree to meet. She hangs up. On the way out, Father Matt asks, "Stephanie, are you having second thoughts?"

"It's a miracle if I have any thoughts," says Stephanie.

Maggie pries. Chloe tells her she's still in love with Daniel, "I'm not having second thoughts about Lucas, though. I'm more committed to him than ever. The TV show has taught me Daniel and I need to be apart. From now on I'm avoiding Daniel. I am never gonna leave Lucas. I just Hope there is a way I can get him to leave me. If not, I will be with him for all the Days Of Our Lives."

Kate removes an apple from the fruit basket. She looks at it, looks at the apple and reads "Snow White and the Eight Dwarfs" again just to make sure she's doing things right.

Stephanie comes onto the terrace with Phillip. He questions her about the pills. She says she's not taking them any more.

What changed," asks Phillip.

"You," says Stephanie.

"I'm not talking about body parts," says Phillip.

Maggie meets Daniel at the hospital. Full of advice as always, Maggie has no problem in dishing a heapin' helpin' out to him, "I believe in free will over fate, so maybe you can control the situation with Chloe. Then she will be out of your life for good."

"I don't know about Chloe," says Daniel, "but if you got out of my life, it would be for the good."

Chloe arrives home and finds the fruit basket. Kate says she's there for the grand tour. She admires the basket and Chloe tells her it's from Daniel. Kate pulls the poisoned apple out of the basket and practically shoves it down Chloe's throat, "It's a Granny Smith... Your favorite."

"Granny Kate is my least favorite," says Chloe. Kate knows the basket reminds her of Daniel but thinks she should keep it, "Go ahead... take a bite."

Stephanie rambles about how good Phillip has been to her. Phillip asks, "Where are you going with this?"

"With all your wealth, there is one thing you can't give me," says Stephanie, "Peace of mind."

"There aren't many pieces of my mind left to spare," says Phillip, "We can work this out."

"There is no other way," says Stephanie, "That's why I'm saying goodbye."

Chloe starts to bite the apple but suddenly has a rare thought, "OMG! I have to pick up Allie." Kate offers to go with her. Chloe says she will drive and takes the apple with her, so they can keep showing her almost biting into it for the remainder of the episode.

Sami wants to talk about Emily. Rafe wants to focus on Sami. Sami backs off, "I have to talk to you about something. It's about Nicole."

Nicole tells EJ she can't replace Johnny's mother "I'm better at switching kids than mothers."

"I'm not asking you to replace her," says EJ, "I'm not an idiot."

"I agree," says Nicole, "Someone who can't figure out his wife is pulling off a fake pregnancy falls more in the 'moron' category. But I feel sorry for Johnny. He cries for his mommy at night. EJ says Johnny will become independent and get used to the situation. Difficulty breeds character."

"Tell me you didn't just say that," says Nicole.

"I wish I could," says EJ, "But I don't write this stuff. It's true. Kids who go through life with a silver spoon in their mouths don't learn. Just look at me." EJ softens, tells her she's caring and loving, but wants her to remember he's her husband., "Don't forget, I lost a daughter."

Nicole whines, "I lost a daughter, too."

Phillip says Stephanie is not herself right now, "I know you'll come to your senses."

Stephanie says it's a lost cause, "I'm leaving you for good this time."

Daniel tells Maggie he's busy and doesn't want to continue the conversation, "I have had it with the advice and empty reassurances. I will never forget Chloe or stop loving her. Nothing can take away what's in my heart, not time, not God, nothing."

Maggie and Chloe arrive at the pub. Kate sends Chloe to order cappuccino. Chloe leaves and Kate rummages through her purse, "I have so much to do today." Suddenly Allie comes out of nowhere and grabs the poisoned apple off the table. Kate has a cow, "ALLIE! NO! GIVE ME THE APPLE!"

EJ asks, "what do you mean, you lost a child?"

Nicole says she feels like she lost a daughter because she was so close to Grace, "That's why I feel for Sami now."

EJ growls, "She lied to me. There is no forgiving."

Stefano walks in and asks, "Am I interrupting?"

EJ snorts, "No, we're done." He leaves.

Kate backpedals. She says she didn't mean to startle Allie. Generous Chloe says Allie can have the apple. Kate insists it's too close to dinner. Chloe decides to walk Allie at the pier. Kate decides to go, too. Chloe puts the apple in her purse.

Phillip blames PTSD for Stephanie's strange behavior. Stephanie blows up about the Kiriakis business, "Believe me, Phillip, It's not your fault."

Phillip looks that up in the Guy Manual, "When a woman is leaving you and says, 'It's not your fault,' you can take it to the bank: it's your fault."

Stephanie starts to remove her ring. Phillip begs her not to do this, "I'm not letting you go. Owen's not the only one who can keep someone captive in a morgue drawer."

Stefano asks if Rafe put Nicole up to this, "He was here today. Any idea why?"

Sami tells Rafe that Nicole brought Johnny to see her. Rafe thinks that's great. Sami says Nicole told her Rafe was digging around. Rafe says he didn't go over to the DiMera mansion to upset Nicole. He vows to get Johnny back.

"I don't know what I'd do without you," says Sami.

"Me neither," says Rafe. He leaves. Sami stares at Emily's grave.

Stephanie asks where the money for the ring came from, "We're talking about crimes... murder... arson... theft... writing for DOOL... The worst part is I'm benefiting from people's suffering."

Phillip shouts, "It's us that matter."

Stephanie wails, "Would you listen to yourself."

"I'd rather listen to me than you," says Phillip, "I'm saying I want you to be happy."

"I'm sorry," blubbers Stephanie, "I love you too. I can't hide from the truth any more." She removes the ring, sets it on the table and slobbers.

Kate and Chloe are at the pier. They have let Allie run off. Kate assures her Allie will be fine, "Adult supervision cramps her style."

"That's why she lives with Lucas and me," says Chloe, "No adults in that house."

Kate suggests Chloe is irritable because she's hungry and says she thinks she should eat the apple. Chloe takes it out, opens wide and begins to chomp down. She freezes in that position as she sees Daniel walk up.

Nicole says she doesn't know why Rafe came by, "He's ex FBI. He snoops around out of habit."

Stefano asks, "Are you saying he suspects Sydney is Elvis and Samantha's baby?"

"There is no way he suspects that," says Nicole.

"Not yet," says Stefano.

Sami comes into the pub and asks about Allie. Arianna tells her Kate and Chloe have her. She passes her condolences about Grace. Sami thanks her and tells her Rafe was just at the cemetery. Sami asks about Emily, "Did you know her?"

Rafe walks up behind her and interrupts, "Sami, What the hell are you doing?"

We switch to a closeup of Stephanie's ring on the table, then pan out. Phillip asks, "So that's it? Just like that?"

"No," says Stephanie. She kisses him, "That's it. Take a hike." Stephanie walks off. Phillip picks up the ring, staggers over to the chaise and sits.

Kate says, "What a coincidence. Chloe was just about to eat an apple from your gift basket." Kate goes to check on Allie who is standing on the edge of the pier watching the dead bodies float by.

Chloe says Kate will never stop hating her, "It will never get any easier will it?"

"I can't seem to do anything that doesn't hurt you," says Daniel.

"I can think of a few things you've done that didn't hurt at all," says Chloe.

Chloe insists she will be OK. She thanks him for the basket and takes a huge bite of the poisoned apple. Kate watches and smirks.

Nicole insists Rafe will never find out about the baby switch.

"Hope all you want," says Stefano, "But the fact is, the more you dig, eventually you will hit oil. The man is FBI and he is deeply devoted to Sami."

"OMG," gasps Nicole, "What if he does find out. What are we gonna do?"

"There are options," says Stefano, "but for now, I will take an active interest in Raphael Hernandez."

Arianna leaves. Rafe reminds Sami she promised she wouldn't ask any more questions about Emily. He tells her she should have respected that, "Promise me you will never talk about Emily again. Never."

Chloe chomps on another bite of the poisoned apple. DOWN goes Chloe. Daniel can't revive her. The eight dwarfs rush up to help. They do everything to bring her back, but alas, cannot. The eight dwarfs are inconsolable. They place Chloe in a glass coffin. Tearfully all eight of the dwarfs... Bashful, Doc, Dopey, Grumpy, Happy, Sleepy, Sneezy and Lucas, stand in front of her coffin and sob.

Prevuze



NOTE – you can now follow Prevuze on twitter at: http://twitter.com/prevuze

Prevuze II has a video of the daily show previews, which should be available by noon (EST) on any given day. To see Prevuze II: CLICK HERE


9 Comments:

Anonymous Berg said...

Now, there's a shock no one needs before that first cup o' coffee. Maggie effortlessly goes into busybody mode, "What are you thinking about?" Truer words were never spoken, in fact, I would recommend a bite of poison apple washed down with a much needed 2nd cup of coffee. Got to love Mondays

4:06 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Loved the EIGHT dwarves!!!

5:13 AM  
Anonymous Leslie said...

Phillip asks why Stephanie would be taking the pills. "Probably has something to do with that idiot she's dating," says Daniel.

You think?

Rafe visits Emily Hudson's grave. Sami finds him, "Who's Emily?"

Just how big isn’t the Salem cemetery? Are there only two dozen graves? When I go to the cemetery, I have trouble finding graves because it’s so large. Oh that’s right – in Salem, everyone keeps coming back from the dead.

She looks at it, looks at the apple and reads "Snow White and the Eight Dwarfs" again just to make sure she's doing things right.

Is the eighth dwarf Lucas? Well at least Kate is doing her research.

Kate knows the basket reminds her of Daniel but thinks she should keep it, "Go ahead... take a bite."

Kate moves from being the evil Queen in Snow White to being the serpent in the Garden of Eden.

"I'm not asking you to replace her," says EJ, "I'm not an idiot."

"I agree," says Nicole, "Someone who can't figure out his wife is pulling off a fake pregnancy falls more in the 'moron' category.

Sad but true. It’s time for EJ to buy a vowel and solve the bleeping puzzle.

Phillip says Stephanie is not herself right now, "I know you'll come to your senses."

Stephanie says it's a lost cause.

That’s because she has no senses to come back to.

Suddenly Allie comes out of nowhere and grabs the poisoned apple off the table.

What a ratings bonanza – DOOL kills off another child!

Tearfully all eight of the dwarfs... Bashful, Doc, Dopey, Grumpy, Happy, Sleepy, Sneezy and Lucas, stand in front of her coffin and sob.

Prevuze thanks for clearing that up for me. HAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!!

By the way Bulldog if the Chloe/Daniel/evil Kate storyline continues much longer, we are all going to wish we had eaten a poisoned egg. Prevuze, thanks for the super Monday morning update and the naughty censored link!

5:27 AM  
Blogger Prevuze said...

Loved the EIGHT dwarves!!!

I was conflicted this morning over whether it was "Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs" or Snow "White and the Seven Dwarves."

Well... make that EIGHT.

Anyway, I went with the majority opinion, but "Dwarfs" just seems so wrong.

I know. You really cared about that, huh?

6:29 AM  
Blogger Prevuze said...

Just how big isn’t the Salem cemetery? Are there only two dozen graves? When I go to the cemetery, I have trouble finding graves because it’s so large. Oh that’s right – in Salem, everyone keeps coming back from the dead.

When I was in high school a friend of mine was killed in an auto accident. He was buried in a massive cemetery. The day they buried him it had snowed and although the streets were clear so we could get to the funeral, we could not get back to the place where he was to be buried, so I had never visited his grave.

Years later, I wrote an article about a guy who just happened to be buried in same cemetery. A couple of years ago, I went back there and decided to visit my friend's grave as well as the grave of the subject of my article.

The cemetery was even bigger than I had remembered. I went in and got maps and directions (and instructions, "If you get lost, call us on your cell phone.") Then I headed out to my friend's grave. After I visited that, I looked at the map for the location of the other guy's grave and found it just a few feet from where my friend was buried. I guess it can happen.

I know. You really cared about that, huh?

6:47 AM  
Anonymous Bulldog said...

"OMG," gasps Nicole, "What if he does find out. What are we gonna do?" And Days has just passed another milestone, once more a character says the same thing for the 10,000th time. The only difference now is Nicole can say it to Stefano instead of herself.

And they're halfway to that number of times Stephanie has left Phillip. Now when he gets interested in Melanie Stephanie can go into a drug induced jealous rage. (Note to Melanie: don't eat any strange apples.)

And about this stupid vial of poison. Even with gloves, as many times as Kate has fondled it wouldn't the TRANSPLANTED fingerprints be all smudged or wiped off by now?!?

Loved the image of the eight dwarfs/dwarves, the great censored link and party picture.

Thanks for waking us up this Monday, Prevuze! :D

7:37 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Looks like Maggie will be key witness in the Daniel the attempted murderer process. First, Chloe pledges her devotion to Lucas, next Daniel practically admits he is obsessed with her. Does the "if I can´t have you, nobody will" line rings the bell? Atleast we are finally moving somewhere.

7:54 AM  
Blogger aplecheeks said...

Don't have a lot of time to comment today. Just wanted to give a shout-out to all the great Prevuisms, pictures, comments.

Mondays would not be bearable without Prevuze.

11:33 AM  
Anonymous WingNut '75 said...

Anonymous wrote:

"Looks like Maggie will be key witness in the Daniel the attempted murderer process. First, Chloe pledges her devotion to Lucas, next Daniel practically admits he is obsessed with her. Does the "if I can´t have you, nobody will" line rings the bell?"


Actually, I was thinking more along the lines of the writers trying to pin the attempted murder of Lucas on Daniel. My thought was that the writers would have the geniuses at the SPD determine that Daniel sent the poisoned fruit in order to kill Lucas so he could have Chloe all to himself and unfortunately Chloe got to the basket first.

12:54 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


Blogarama     Globe Of Blogs