Friday, June 26, 2009

Playing With The Angels

Melanie and Phillip are at the Pub. Melanie sits and says she has to tell him something, "Stephanie..."

"She took a spill," says Phillip, "That's all."

"It's not the spill That's bothering me," says Melanie.

Stephanie is with Father Matt. She says she isn't sure about her fiancée, "I don't know what kind of man he is."

Father Matt knows, "Bionic."

Judge Fitzpatrick comes to the DiMera mansion. Stefano and EJ meet with her in the rumpus room. EJ says they have a problem he hopes she can help fix.

Rafe stands outside the Java Café and calls a teen center. He asks about Nicole. Nobody has heard of her. He hangs up and looks inside the place and sees Brady, "Hmmm... Mia knows Brady and Brady knows Nicole. This could be my lucky day."

Sami paces and waits for Nicole. Nicole knocks and shows up with Johnny. Sami scoops him up and tells him about the plans for the day. She's so happy to see him she dumps him in the next room so she can spend the time talking with Nicole. Sami tells her she doesn't know why she is doing this but she's grateful.

Melanie decides she'll talk to Phillip later and rushes off. Outside she rambles as Phillip walks up and grills her, "What don't you want me to know about Stephanie?"

Stephanie says she used to be so sure of herself but now it's like she's a different person, "My thoughts are everywhere."

"Well," says Father Matt, "It's for sure they aren't in your head. I will keep this meeting in confidence. You are obviously upset."

Stephanie tells him she's conflicted about Phillip, "It's not just him, it's his family and his life. I can't be a part of it the way it is now."

EJ and Stefano gang up on Katherine. "I think you would agree," says Stefano, "Samantha's actions are beyond the pale."

Katherine speaks off the record, "Your case is solid, but as you know, nothing is black and white."

A producer yells from off stage, "If we can't get the budget under control, this show will be in black and white."

Nicole says she is doing this because it's right. Sami says, "I am of course grateful. I don't want to put a negative spin on it, but I've never known you to do something just because it is right. It's one of the few things we have in common. So I know you have another reason."

Bo sleeps. Bo dreams about meeting Zack. He wakes, worries and finds Hope and Ciara beside him. Hope assures him Ciara is OK.

Father Matt says he has known Stephanie's family for a long time and can understand her trepidation with the Kiriakis family. He is worried about how her morguenapping might have affected her. Stephanie says she thinks Phillip cares more about power than he does about her. "I understand your situation," says Father Matt, "You are involved with people who are less moral than you."

"Right," says Stephanie, "And people like that were hard to find. I'm in love with a guy who will never change."

"Only because he's already changed every part he has," says Father Matt.

Phillip grills Melanie as she cowers on the park bench outside the pub. She tells him she has to keep a promise and suggests he ask Stephanie himself.

Hope tells Bo after he fell asleep Ciara crawled in bed with them. She asks if Bo had another vision. "Yes I did," says Bo, "I saw Zack in the cemetery. He said if Ciara loses Tommy Bear, she will be in trouble. I don't know what to make of it."

"It's just a wild guess," says Hope, "but I'd say it means if Ciara loses Tommy Bear, she will be in trouble. We're in this together. We're gonna protect Ciara. Whatever it takes. How about sending her to military school in Borneo? "

EJ disagrees with Fitz, "Everything is black an white. Samantha... is an unfit mother."

Prevuze

Karen tells him Sami can fight this and if she appeals she will get another judge. Stefano reminds her of all their contributions. "I wasn't aware there were strings attached," says Katherine.

Stefano asks, "Katherine, were you born at night?"

"As a matter of fact," she says, "I was."

"It must have been last night," says Stefano.


"I have a career to protect," says Katherine.

EJ is very serious, "That's why it's important you play ball with us on this." Stefano suggests an alternative strategy. EJ steps in, "My son must stay away from Samantha. So I... we... are expecting your help."

Nicole says there isn't an ulterior motive. Sami asks her to talk to EJ and get him to change his mind. Nicole says, "Sneaking Johnny over to you is all I can do and that's only for right now. The problem is Rafe. You have to get him to back off. He came to the mansion to dig dirt. Tell him he has to stop snooping around."

Rafe comes into the Java Café and finds Brady. He asks him about the other day at the church, "You were with Mia. She said she met Nicole through a teen rehabilitation program."

"Right," says Brady, "And I've really been hoping Nicole gets rehabilitated."

Rafe asks, "Do you know the name of the program?"

Coincidentally, Father Matt remembers when a young girl named Kayla came to him for the same advice, "She was in love with your father."

"I know," says Stefano, "He was a bad boy himself."

"What do you mean was," asks Father Matt.

Stephanie says, "I said I would never leave Phillip, so that's why I need to know, is it a sin to be in love with a guy who does bad things?"

"I don't know," says Father Matt, "I've never been in love with a guy who does bad things."

Brady tells Rafe he doesn't know the name of the teen center. He asks Rafe what this is about and Rafe brushes it off. Arianna comes up to the table and Brady leaves. Rafe asks her what's up with her and Brady. Arianna gets a little embarrassed, "You're being obnoxious, just like his ex girlfriend."

Rafe continues to accuse her of being hot for Brady, "Who's his ex girlfriend?"

"Nicole DiMera," Arianna gets tired of it and leaves.

"Nicole DiMera," says Rafe, "That's one busy woman."

Busy Nicole says, If EJ finds out Rafe is playing PI, he will beef up security and I'll be trapped at the mansion for all the Days Of Our Lives and you'll never see Johnny again and there is nothing I can do to help you."

Johnny continues to play alone in the next room and shouts out to them, "Heck, she never sees me even when I'm over here."

Brady is at the pier on the phone. He hangs up and Phillip bumps into him. He tells Brady he's looking for Stephanie. Brady says he hasn't seen her, so Phillip sprints off. Arianna comes down the steps and asks to talk to him about the thing with Nicole. It made Arianna uncomfortable and she doesn't want Brady to think she put Nicole up to that, "I see you more as a friend. I'm not pushy and desperate."

Melanie drops out of the sky and listens, "You're both pushy and desperate, girl, cause you have it bad."

"It's bad for both of us," says Brady, "Now that you're here."

Stephanie tells Father Matt about Phillip's donation to her mom's medical group, "It was very generous, so you see, he has two sides."

"All of us do," says Father Matt, "But Phillip's are artificial. The truth is, my child, I can't help you."

Fitz tells Stefano she hasn't promised anything. Stefano presses, "But Katherine... can we count on you?"

The judge feels the pressure, "I do feel what Samantha did was unconscionable. I'll see you in court." She leaves.

Stefano turns to EJ, "I think you handled her well."

EJ rages about the time he wasted with Sami but Stefano tells him no to look back, "You are now with a woman who is loyal to me and her lies."

Miss loyalty tells Sami she's doing this for Johnny and tells her to go in with him and stop wasting time. Sami rushes in to play. Nicole sighs, "This better be worth it, Nicole."

Hope tries to encourage Bo as Ciara continues to sleep between them. Bo thinks they have to trust his vision, "Zack helped us before. He won't let us down. Whatever he was trying to tell us has to do with Tommy Bear."

"Your ability to figure things like that out amazes me," says Hope.

Arianna insists she does not have it bad. She says she and Melanie are not good enough friends for Melanie to be busting her chops like this. Arianna decides it's time to go back to work. Melanie taunts her as she leaves.

Oops. It seems like Arianna took a little detour on the way to work. She walks into the Java Café. Rafe holds up her purse, "Did you forget this? And, by the way, thanks for the coffee and letting me load up my Java Café Card with a couple hundred bucks. She sits with him and he asks again what's going on.

"Nothing," says Arianna, "Absolutely nothing." Translation: Either Arianna is talking about this boring episode, or she's hot for Brady. She asks, "Is that how people in Salem get their kicks?"

"The ones who aren't on drugs." Rafe tells he he's headed for the cemetery to leave flowers for Grace.

"Just hers?" Enquiring minds want to know.

"Emily's too," says Rafe. Arianna asks if he has told Sami about Emily. "Not yet," says Rafe.

Arianna asks, "You will, won't you?"

"No," he says, "I don't think so."

Sami hugs Johnny and tells him next time they will finish the story. "We could have read the thing about five times if you had spent any time with me," says Johnny. The phantom mommy squeezes him and hands him over to Nicole. We have goodbyes all around and Nicole and Johnny leave.

Sami closes the door, bawls and looks at Grace's picture. She picks it up, hugs it and really turns on the tears, "I lost you but I won't lose my little boy. If Nicole really is on my side in this... blubber-blubber-blubber."

Brady wants Melanie to back off. He leaves. Arianna continues to wander around Salem looking for the pub so she can get back to work. She comes down the stairs and tells Melanie that Brady's ex already tried to set them up and it didn't work out. She leaves. Melanie asks, "Why do I have to do everything myself?"

Phillip comes back into the Kiriakis mansion calling for Stephanie. Henderson comes in and Phillip asks him if he has seen her. He tells Phillip she left some time ago. Phillip hauls out his cell phone and leaves an unpteenth message for her. We pan in on the bottle-o-pills.

Father Matt tells Stephanie he would like to help, but thinks she's already decided about her future with Phillip.

Sami kneels at Grace's grave, "I miss you. Johnny and Allie do to. Johnny asked if he could play with you and I told him you are now... sob... playing with the angels. I'm going to come here a lot and visit you." Suddenly, she looks over and sees Rafe across the way. She heads over there.

Melanie is in the Java Café reading her horrorscope., "What does it say for me today... 'No good deed goes unpunished.' I have to set them up but who's going to set me up? When am I gonna be happy?" She gets up and walks by the stranger reading the paper about Hope. He circles Hope's picture again.

Bo says they have to keep Tommy Bear safe. He thinks they have to find a place to put him. Hope whines, "What do we tell Ciara?"

"We'll tell her Tommy Bear is playing with the angels," says Bo.

"No one would stoop to using dialogue that bad," says Hope.


We pan away from Stephanie's bottle-o-pills as Phillip talks into his phone and repeats, "Pick up... pick up..." He hangs up, sees the pills, picks them up and wonders.

"I don't know if I've made up my mind," says Stephanie, "But... you're right... I've made up my mind."

Father Matt is a bit exasperated, "You can't even make up your mind about making up your mind."

Rafe stoops at Emily's grave as Sami comes up, "Who's Emily?"

Nicole bustles into the rumpus room with Johnny. She picks up the microphone to the DiMera PA system and broadcasts, "Johnny, you have to keep it a secret that we went over to see Mommy." Stern EJ walks up behind her.

Prevuze

NOTE – you can now follow Prevuze on twitter at: http://twitter.com/prevuze

Prevuze II has a video of the daily show previews, which should be available by noon (EST) on any given day. To see Prevuze II: CLICK HERE


7 Comments:

Anonymous Leslie said...

"It's not the spill That's bothering me," says Melanie.

Well, what do you know? Melanie has become a victim of Salem floppitis. It is a disease that causes wild personality changes. It is named for the town of Salem because it’s so common in the community.

"Hmmm... Mia knows Brady and Brady knows Nicole. This could be my lucky day."

It may be Rafe’s lucky day but not so much for his employer. Once again, Rafe is MIA from the job site.

“The problem is Rafe. You have to get him to back off. He came to the mansion to dig dirt. Tell him he has to stop snooping around."

…so much for Nicole not having an ulterior motive. Nicole is just having another cover her butt moment.

Melanie drops out of the sky and listens, "You're both pushy and desperate, girl, cause you have it bad."

"It's bad for both of us," says Brady, "Now that you're here."

Every time Melanie makes an appearance it’s bad for the viewers.

Whatever he was trying to tell us has to do with Tommy Bear."

"Your ability to figure things like that out amazes me," says Hope.

Maybe Ciara is a member of an international drug cartel, and Tommy Bear is stuffed with heroin. That would certainly explain all of Ciara’s mysterious absences. Hmmm - could Caroline be heading the cartel and using the excuse of babysitting as a front with all the kids are operatives? Just asking.

She picks up the microphone to the DiMera PA system and broadcasts, "Johnny, you have to keep it a secret that we went over to see Mommy." Stern EJ walks up behind her.

Is Nicole busted or is EJ wearing a pair of standard issue Salem ear plugs? Even if EJ doesn’t over hear Nicole talking to Johnny, how did she think she would be able to keep a talkative toddler quiet about a visit to see his mother? Art Linkletter made a career out of kids saying the darndest things, and Nicole expects the kid to keep a secret? Dream on!

Bulldog that’s an interesting question that Nicole is posing to EJ. How about sex in the church vestibule’s elevator? That would be a twofer on Nicole’s sex in public places to do list. Prevuze it really would take a single digit IQ for a guy to be attracted to Sami. Thanks for the Friday morning laughs!

5:51 AM  
Blogger Prevuze said...

It's not the spill That's bothering me," says Melanie.

Well, what do you know? Melanie has become a victim of Salem floppitis. It is a disease that causes wild personality changes. It is named for the town of Salem because it’s so common in the community.


I thought it was named for Salem because there is a certain TV Show located there that is quickly becoming a flop.

6:14 AM  
Anonymous Pushing Daisies said...

I think ya'll forgot to add Austin to your poster with the IQ of 1.

I'm glad to see Melanie's on tomorrow's show or there'd be no reason to watch. Just love that girl.

6:35 AM  
Anonymous Bulldog said...

Leslie - Tommy Bear filled with heroin. HAHAHHA And I thought the same thing - what a hoot if Johnny ran in and blurted "We went to see mommy!" But I'm betting that won't happen and EJ will have his earplugs in and it goes on and on....

Did they completely dismantle the Salem Place scenery or something? All these people do is wander from the pub to the cemetery to the Java Cafe. Sometimes to the hospital and church and start all over again.

Johnny continues to play alone in the next room and shouts out to them, "Heck, she never sees me even when I'm over here." How true! I'm surprised during that visit Sami didn't run over and drop him off at Caroline's so she could visit with Nicole.

"We'll tell her Tommy Bear is playing with the angels," says Bo.

"No one would stoop to using dialogue that bad" says Hope"
Good one, Prevuze!

Loved the Vic pic, too. Thanks for sitting thru another episode just to brighten our Friday. TGIF & TGIP!

7:29 AM  
Blogger Applecheeks said...

Ditto the comments about Johnny not blabbing that he'd seen Mommy. The writers must not know many two year olds. lol

Loved the IQ digits, heck, loved ALL the pictures this morning.

I wasn't aware there were strings attached," says Katherine. Stefano asks, "Katherine, were you born at night?"

Stefano, that’s just what I thought. Then she says she’s has to “protect her career”? I suggest she not accept contributions from the Dimeras and certainly not meet with them ex parte.

That's it for me this morning. I'm in Seattle and itching to get out and see the sights. Just needed to get my jolt of Prevuze to get me through the day. Buh-bye!

8:40 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Love PREVUZE's Maggie 'meddle' comment!

1:49 PM  
Anonymous Berg said...

You know Leslie - my almost 2 year old at the time, was in my car when I backed it up and "slightly" hit the closed garage door. We left, got ice cream, went to the park and guess what her first words were to her father when we got home? You guessed it. Mommy hit the garage door.

Ah but this is DOOL we are talking about so of course EJ will continue to have his DOOL issued earplugs in. But oh is Sami going to be pee'ed off at Nicole, BAWHAHAHAHA!!!

2:57 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


Blogarama     Globe Of Blogs