Monday, December 01, 2008

Hell Hath No Fury Like A DiMera Scorned

Bo comes into the Cheatin' Heart and banters around with Max as he cleans tables. "I'd offer you a beer," says Max, "But it's too early isn't it?"

"It's never too early for a beer," says Bo, "Especially when I'm on duty. Alcohol helps numb the pain of my lack of abilities and never being able to accomplish anything. " Bo says he came in to give the mystery box to its rightful owner. Max don' wan' no stinkin' box.

Stephanie calls Phillip at his office. Marie tells her he's not there. Stephanie gasps, "He went where?"

Phillip shows up at Maggie's house. Melanie tells him she can't wait to get started tomorrow. "There has been a change of plans," says Phillip, "You're starting today."

Rafe is back with Sami. The banter is somewhat subdued but still stupid. Sami wants to know where Rafe went. Rafe says that information is confidential and he can't tell her. Sami says, "Rafe, if it has to do with my case, I'm entitled to know."

Rafe collapses like the Cleveland Browns defense, "I went on a little fact finding mission. Found out some information about your baby's daddy."

"Which baby," asks Sami, "Which daddy? I need a spreadsheet to keep them straight."

Nicole tells Brady she will tell EJ about the baby eventually, "This is my body. And my fake tummy. Please don't tell him.

EJ comes in, see Brady and gets upset, "What the devil is going on here?" Nicole claims it's nothing. EJ panics, "What about the baby? Is it OK?"

"Don't worry," says Brady, "Nicole's just fine."

Rafe tells Sami he observed EJ from a distance. Sami thinks that means he probably found squat. Rafe says, "I found out he'd do anything for his kid."

Nicole tries to reassure EJ. Brady says he will go but has something to say first.

Max gets defensive and says he doesn't want anything to do with Trent or the box.

Phillip gives Melanie a 2GB USB flash drive. For the non-technical bunch in the crowd, if it's full, that's a whole lot of honkin' information. He wants her to memorize everything that's on it by tomorrow morning, "I'm taking a big chance on you, Melanie. I need you up to speed."

Melanie asks, "So I don't embarrass you?"

Phillip says, "So you don't embarrass yourself. "

Too late," says Melanie, "I'm already acting on DOOL."

Prevuze

Stephanie walks in, "You've got to be kidding me! You actually hired her?"

Sami rants about EJ. Rafe defends him and says EJ may have done what he did for his son, "You obviously have feelings for the guy."

Sami denies it and then whispers, "If he knew I was deceiving him like this he'd never forgive me."

Brady tells EJ, "I know about John and Stefano being half-brothers. What I want to know is what is the other half? "

"Wits." EJ gets a call from Stefano and leaves.

Brady goes back to hammering Nicole to tell EJ about the baby. Nicole refuses, "I've lost the baby and I couldn't take losing my future, too."

Bo sets the box down and says Max has to be the one to get rid of it. He gets philosophical, "You know, Max, pain tends to linger."

"I agree," says Max, "And you've lingered just a bit too long."

Bo assures Max his family will (say it with him) be there for him, "Hope wants to have you over for dinner. Maybe this weekend. I'll call." Bo leaves. Max contemplates the box.

Brady. Nicole. Guess what they talk about.

Sami insists EJ can never find out about the baby. Rafe asks what will happen when Sami goes home. "You mean other than my family going into deep depression, " asks Sami. Rafe finds the medal Sister Teresa gave Sami. He also conveniently notices it has a convent engraving on the back of it and accuses her of sneaking out.

Stephanie says, "I thought you would hire someone who was qualified. I see you didn't do that."

"I know," says Phillip, "But I hired you anyway."

Melanie vows to pull an all-nighter to learn what's on the USB drive. Phillip and Stephanie leave. Melanie immediately gets to work. She holds the USB drive up to the light to see what's on it.

Sami tells Rafe she went to the church but was careful. He wonders why she felt the need to go to the church. Sami makes all kinds of excuses about her family and being upset. She says she wanted to go there and light a candle and pray. Rafe points out, "You could pray here." Sami tells him about meeting the nun. Rafe explodes because she let someone see her. Sami wants him to take her back there so she can talk to Sister Teresa again. Rafe thinks it's a bad idea, but he agrees. Happy Sami bounces off the walls and throws herself into Rafe's arms.

Brady. Nicole. Guess what they talk about. Nicole says, "Let me handle this my own way."

Brady says, "I hope you know what you are doing." "

I do," says Nicole, "But I'm going to keep doing it anyway."

Max joins Melanie in Maggie's kitchen. She tells him about the job, "I'm an administrative assistant at Titan. What I really am is a glorified gopher."

"You just insulted gophers everywhere, " says Max. Melanie says she doesn't understand why she has to learn all the boring stuff that's on the USB drive. Max cautions her not to cut corners.

Stephanie and Phillip talk outside. Stephanie wants to know why he hired Melanie. Phillip says, "I considered the circumstances and had a change of heart."

"You're always changing body parts," says Stephanie.

Sami and Rafe arrive at the convent. Sister Mary Grouch comes out and says sister Teresa is indisposed and will be there in a while. She leaves. Rafe says he he used to come to the convent a lot. Sami asks, "So you were a lost child seeking help?"

"No, " says Rafe, "Before I became an FBI agent, I was a nun. If it weren't for Sister Agnes I wouldn't be alive today."

"Wait 'till I get my hands on Sister Agnes," says Sami.

EJ comes in and finds Brady has gone. He wonders why Brady was there. Nicole thinks EJ is jealous. EJ wants to focus on the child. He touches Nicole's rubber baby buggy bumper.

Rafe says he was a street punk until sister Agnes straightened him out, "She taught me I could go one of two ways... I could stay screwed up or go straight. I wonder what life would have been like if I had gone straight." Sami asks about Rafe's job. He says he doesn't enjoy it so much right now.

Brady arrives at the pub. He and Bo share a hug. A guy hug. Brady tells Bo he can't believe how big Ciara is getting, "She looks more like her mom every day."

"I know," says Bo, "Poor girl."

Brady talks about his drug ordeal and Bo tells Brady about his pancreas. Brady asks, "Do you still happen to have any pain medication lying around you don't need. Just askin'." Bo asks about Chloe and Nicole. He advises Brady to stay away from Nicole.

EJ strokes Nicole's fake tummy. Nicole says the doctor told her they can't make love. Now EJ is really upset. He tells Nicole he went to see Dr. Baker, "The doctor couldn't tell me anything since we are not married."

"Marrying him wouldn't solve anything," says Nicole.

"I want the facts," says EJ, "We're going back to see Dr. Baker together." Gee, Nicole doesn't feel like a drive. EJ insists and goes to make a call.

Nicole digs out her cell phone, "Hi. It's me. I need information. Send it to my phone right away. Listen carefully..."

Phillip gets off his phone and tells Stephanie, "I saw Melanie was desperate, is vulnerable and she said I'm a cold insensitive jerk who doesn't know what it takes to make his way in the world."

"That's not true," says Stephanie, "You know how to make your way in the world."

Phillip says he sympathized with Melanie and figured if someone doesn't step in Melanie would mess up her life, "Now I can be there to do it for her. "

Max gives Melanie the box. Melanie looks at the box and hyperventilates.

Sami says, "It kills me to know I'm causing you such distress." Unfortunately that wasn't a literal statement. Rafe says he knows this hasn't been easy for Sami. Sami is sympathetic, "I can see the hidden inner street punk in you dying to get out."

Rafe says if Sami would act like a mature human being he could let down his guard once in a while. It's a shame he'll never be able to let his guard down. "Sister Agnes would kick your butt six ways from Sunday," says Rafe.

"She must have a strong leg to kick something that big," says Sami.

Brady says time will tell if Nicole has returned her life around. He asks what Bo really thinks about EJ. Bo thinks that's a loaded question.

EJ and Nicole arrive at the clinic. "Don't you trust me," asks Nicole.

"I trust you," says EJ, "But you can't explain medically what is going on with our child."

The Rafe-Sami thaw continues. Sami promises to try not to be such a pain. Rafe promises not to be so hard on her. Sami says he makes her feel safe. Rafe wants to know if that was a compliment. "Don't let it go to your head," says Sami, "I'd like to believe if my child ever needed a place like this they'd (say it with her) be there for him."

Melanie doesn't want the box either. Max packs it back in his duffel bag and starts to leave. Melanie suggests opening it together. Max isn't ready for that and doesn't know if he ever will be. He leaves.

Phillip says hiring Melanie is all about easing his conscience. Stephanie tells him he's a good guy, smooches his cheek and leaves.

Brady says he is just concerned about Nicole. Bo tells him not to waste his time, "If she's gonna swim with sharks she'll get bitten." Bo says he has seen attempts in EJ to improve. He tells him about EJ finding John and going against his family and telling the world about that, "But that SOB has a lot to atone for. Nicole is trouble. Look at all she put Victor through. If she tires to pull that same stuff with Elvis... hell hath no fury like a DiMera scorned."

Dr. Baker shows up. EJ says he wants to know everything about the scare. Dr. Baker turns to Nicole, "Is that all right Miss walker?"

"Yes," says Nicole, "Tell him everything."

Dr. Baker asks, "Even about the fact you bribed me, or should I leave that part out?"

Days Of Our LivesPrevuze - Best sports blog on the Internet®

Previews
========

You can watch the previews later today on our PREVUZE II website. Prevuze II should be up no later than noon, Eastern Time.

If you enjoyed today's recap and haven't left a donation in a while, please consider doing that. If you aren't in a position to donate, check out some of our advertisers. And you could also consider leaving a comment. We enjoy those. Look at it this way... I've already read Prevuze. YOU are MY entertainment.

12 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well the "hell hath no fury like a DiMera scorned" line has promise. Oh wait, this is Days after all. Same ole crap served different day. For those keeping track I continue my boycott of watching the actual show.

Okay new game. Melaine is dumber than _______________. You fill in the blank.

Here's mine. Melanie is dumber than a box of rocks.

3:49 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I too am continuing my boycott. I keep checking Prevuze with the hopes that the show will get better. You know, what would have been interesting (& no one would have seen it coming)-- Nicole telling the truth about the baby. And we could have seen an ENTIRELY different storyline. Oh well.

5:54 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks for the Monday morning chuckle Prevuze, although the picture of Nicole's rubber belly totally creeped me out.

6:03 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

”Found out some information about your baby's daddy."

"Which baby," asks Sami, "Which daddy? I need a spreadsheet to keep them straight."


Sounds about right.

EJ panics, "What about the baby? Is it OK?"

"Don't worry," says Brady, "Nicole's just fine."


Sometimes you need a spreadsheet to keep all the adolescents straight.

Melanie asks, "So I don't embarrass you?"

Phillip says, "So you don't embarrass yourself. "

Too late," says Melanie, "I'm already acting on DOOL."


I’ve been reading Prevuze too long. I thought the same thing.

Stephanie says, "I thought you would hire someone who was qualified. I see you didn't do that."

"I know," says Phillip, "But I hired you anyway."


Trust me. There’s a lot of that going around.

Sami tells Rafe she went to the church but was careful. He wonders why she felt the need to go to the church.

Maybe it’s because she’s Catholic so she feels compelled to check in every once in while.

EJ wants to focus on the child. He touches Nicole's rubber baby buggy bumper.

OK, stop right there!! I need some input from the “been there, done it” crowd. Would you be able to feel the difference between a real and fake baby bump? For a guy who has been rubbing Nicole’s tummy as often as he has, do you think that EJ should be able to tell the difference?

OMG, only Prevuze knew what Plaxico was doing with that gun!!! After shoveling snow for the first time this season, it was really great to read another outstanding Monday morning Prevuze update!!!

6:35 AM  
Blogger Deb said...

I totally agree Leslie.
Even a guy as clueless as EJ should be able to tell the difference between a real pregnant belly and a pillow under a shirt.


"Which baby," asks Sami, "Which daddy? I need a spreadsheet to keep them straight."

For SHAME Prevuze!!! My gal Sami has only had TWO baby daddies!
If you want to make a "who's your daddy" joke, do it with Kate and her "reject from Jerry Springer" brood.

7:40 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Now what doctor would go along with Nicole's hairbrained scheme? Especially since he doesn't work at Salem Hospital.

The other day Sami couldn't even open the drapes and now Rafe is taking her over to the convent? Can anyone say continuity?

Stephanie reaches up and kisses her boss on the cheek. Where are the Titan new employee sexual harrassment seminars?

LOL over "You know, Max, pain tends to linger." "I agree," says Max, "And you've lingered just a bit too long." HAHAHAHA

My favorite snark today, tho, "She looks more like her mom every day." "I know," says Bo, "Poor girl."

Great Prevuze for a post-holiday Monday. Thanks! :D

7:55 AM  
Blogger Prevuze said...

For SHAME Prevuze!!! My gal Sami has only had TWO baby daddies!
If you want to make a "who's your daddy" joke, do it with Kate and her "reject from Jerry Springer" brood.


I guess you're right. Sami's spreadsheet is to match her closet full of gowns to wedding disasters.

8:01 AM  
Blogger Applecheeks said...

Phillip shows up at Maggie's house.

He must have a great staff at Titan. As the CEO he has nothing better to do than to haul over to a new hire’s house to get her into work?? Ever hear of that great little invention, the phone?

Nicole tries to reassure EJ. Brady says he will go but has something to say first.

All those who, at this point in the episode, think that Brady Brady will actually spill the beans, please give a shout out.

~~~~~~~~~crickets~~~~~~~~~

Yeah, me to.

”What I really am is a glorified gopher." "You just insulted gophers everywhere, " says Max.

LOLOLOL

Brady tells Bo he can't believe how big Ciara is getting,

OMG, how much have they SORAS’d the poor kid now? Enough that she can start babysitting the twins?

Melanie suggests opening it together. Max isn't ready for that and doesn't know if he ever will be.

Oh for cripe’s sake, open the stupid box!! What do they think is in there? Someone’s little pinky? An overdue tax bill?

Loved all the pictures, especially Nicole's simple telephone number and Kate/Dan's live/die/live/die. Please, just put us ALL out of our misery with that storyline.

It's cold, snowy, a post-holiday Monday, but Prevuze has made it a super day!

8:31 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I just have to say that it was the Prevuze II with Steve's sexy Barry White voice impression that gave me the biggest smile. Thanks!

11:58 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good NFL recap on Prevuze today. "Rafe collapses like the Cleveland Browns defense". How true! God knows I've had to keep my humor up about my team for the last two decades! The Plaxico bit was hilariours! What idiot would bring a Glock semiautomatic pistol to a nightclub to "self inflict"? He must be dumber than dumb and dummer!

10:20 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Has anyone seen this coming: Sami eventually gives birth; decides to leave the baby at the church/orphanagge. Nicole in her search for a kid to foist off on EJ, hears about this church/orphanage and goes there and procures that baby (not knowing it's Sami and EJ's.) Even if EJ gets suspicious along the way and does DNA on the kid, it will turn out 'he's the daddy' of course, but somehow he or the lab neglects to verify that Nicole is the mommy. I know, I know - don't give TPTB any ideas !!

4:47 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Anon: I was thinking EXACTLY the same thing. DOOL writers really ARE predictable, aren't they??

10:52 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


Blogarama     Globe Of Blogs