Friday, November 21, 2008

Girl Scout Cookies

John points the gun at Mr. Ski Mask who has Marlena in a death grip. Marlena screams, "John, don't shoot!

Maggie blubbers and bawls, "I promised Jessica I would take care of her little boy. She trusted me with Nick and look what happened. WAH!"

Chelsea asks if Nick can get off with an insanity defense. "Well," says Bo, "He was involved with both Melanie and you. If that's not insanity, I don't know what is."

Brady Brady joins Chloe and Lucas at the pub. Lucas says he heard "Big Brady" was back in town, "Chloe and I share everything so whatever you tell her eventually works it's way around to me."

Brady corrects him, "Whatever you tell Chloe eventually works its way all over town."

"Chloe told me about your good news," says Lucas, "You know... that you got off drugs. Did she tell you about our good news?"

Kate and Daniel are together in the hospital. "I'm dying to get out of here," says Kate, "Oh... Poor choice of words." Daniel doesn't seem to be too thrilled about Kate's good news. Kate says, "I'm being released. That's a good thing."

Daniel says, "I can't let you go."

Prevuze

Nicole huffs, puffs and doubles over in pain. She dials her phone, "Please answer."

A woman answers, "Flatulence hotline." More pain.

Marlena whirls, twirls and grabs the gun from John.

BANG!

Marlena goes down like DOOL ratings on a bad day.

EJ and Stefano are on the plane. EJ leafs through documents. Stefano relaxes and listens to music through his earphones. EJ reaches over and taps him. He tells Stefano he wants to talk about the documents. Stefano bellows, "For this you interrupt Pavarotti?"

"No," says EJ, "I interrupted you."

Nicole tries to phone EJ. She can't get him and decides he must be on his way to Argentina. We have writhing, whining and gasping. She tires Chloe with no luck, and then finds Brady's number.

Lucas tells Brady he bought a house for Chloe, Allie and him. Chloe announces Kate is joining them to celebrate the fact that she is going to live.

"Who would want to celebrate that," asks Brady. His cell phone interrupts. Nicole fills him in and tells him where she is, "I need your help right now."

Brady says, "I'll be there, OK?"

Nicole cries, "Bring lots of antacids!" Brady rushes out without saying goodbye.

Sami and Rafe bicker like self-absorbed juveniles.

Lucas watches him bolt, "Hey, Brady... nice seeing you... come... again..." Chloe gets on Lucas for being jealous. Lucas admits being slightly jealous.

"Brady is my past," says Chloe, "You are my future. And the past is in the past and the future... "

Chelsea wants to go see Nick. Bo tells her it's not a good idea. Hope says, "What Nick needs most is psychiatric help."

Chelsea whines, "He's not crazy."

"I'll admit he's better," says Hope, "He used to go out with you, but now he's only a two-time killer. Not too long ago you were what he was obsessed with."

"We were in a relationship," says Chelsea, "He loved me. And I loved me, so we had a lot in common. "

So, apparently the bullet missed Marlena and it was just the sound waves that knocked her down. John runs out and finds Mr. Ski Mask has flown the coop. He comes back in and has a meltdown, "What the hell were you thinking, woman?"

Chelsea goes on and on about how sweet Nick was. She blames herself for breaking his heart. Bo backs her off and suggests she join Kate's celebration. Chelsea walks away.

"She has such a soft heart," says Maggie.

"you're confusing her heart with her head," says Bo. Maggie decides she has to leave.

Daniel says he meant he can't let her go if she's going back to her old routine, "You know, 80 hour work weeks, four packs a day. " Kate says she won't sit around her home in her PJs. Daniel tells her she needs rest.

"I'll rest when I'm in Ibiza," says Kate, "I've booked a flight and I want no more medical talk. I'm going to live 'till I die."

"That's true for most of us," says Daniel. Kate goes into a tirade and tells him to back off. Daniel grabs her and plants a hot kiss.

John and Marlena argue. He bashes her for letting Mr. Ski Mask get away. Marlena tells him the guy was after Sami, "And now he's on the loose thanks to you." A referee steps up and awards Marlena two points for a reversal.

Brady to the rescue. He barges into the cabin, "We need to get you to a doctor!" Nicole just wants to sit and sob. She thanks him for coming. She worries about how EJ would feel about this, and asks Brady to stay with her. "No, Nicole," says Brady, "I'm sorry, I can't."

Daniel and Kate pull themselves away from each other. Kate tells him he has no choice but to back off. She says she doesn't want to waste whatever time she has left and part of that is to be with him.

EJ talks about Sami wanting to change him, while Nicole accepts him unconditionally. Stefano says, "The purpose of this journey to Argentina is so you can appreciate our 'hidden assets' in South America."

"I appreciate hidden assets, " says EJ, "You have to if Nicole is your girlfriend. Her assets are really hidden. As long as I don't do anything unsavory I'm happy to be your representative. I was hesitant, but in the interest of my children, I'm happy to accept this new responsibility."

Brady says, "What I meant is WE are not staying here. You are going to the hospital." He stands Nicole up.

BLOOD!

Brady carries Nicole out as she panics and blubbers.

Bo and Hope have arrived at Marlena's to investigate. Bo asks, "Did you get a look at the guy's face?"

John rants, "If Blondie had let me shoot him you'd get a damn good look at his face."

"Tell me again," says Bo, "Why are you here?"

"I was selling Girl Scout Cookies," says John, "I rang the doorbell the rest is history. If I had handled this my way your whole case would be history."

Bo is just a bit sarcastic, "Yeah and a dead perp can tell us who he is working for."

Marlena jumps in, "Why did you aim for his head?"

"Because I couldn't get a clean shot at yours."

Kate arrives at the pub. Hugs all around.

Sami and Rafe bicker.

Brady and the nurse bring Nicole into her room at the hospital. Brady wants the nurse to expedite things. Nicole says, "I'll bet we could get right in to see a doctor if we were at Salem Hospital. But then again, I want to live." The nurse checks the baby's heart and gives the look of death. Nicole panics.

Bo tells John and Marlena forensics will show up soon. John asks, "What are you doing here, Commish? Shouldn't you be back in your office with your feet up on your desk?"

Bo asks, "Shouldn't you be out selling Girl Scout Cookies?" John and Bo continue to trade wisecracks. Marlena backs John off. Bo says, "I'll place an officer outside Marlena's door, but she'll probably be safe anyway. "

John asks, "That's all you're going to do? I guess I'll protect this civilian." John continues to taunt.

Marlena lets Bo and Hope out and tells John this has to stop, "You can't be around the babies unless your behavior changes."

"OK," says John, "So, I'm not around them. Bo and Hope are gone."

Stefano wonders if EJ still has feelings for Sami. EJ doesn't want to talk about it. Samantha is my past. Nicole is my future. And the past is in the past and the future... "

Nicole tells Brady why she was at the Lodge alone. Her machines go into meltdown. Nicole screams, "OMG! Am I losing my baby?"

Daniel, Kate, Chelsea, Chloe and Lucas consume high-caloric content at the pub. We are informed Allie has a cold, so she's not there because it would probably kill Kate to look at her. Phillip texts Chelsea and tells her his plane just took off from Chicago. Daniel, Kate and Chelsea all go for another round and leave Kate and Lucas alone. Lucas lectures Kate about working too hard. Kate says she wants to work.

"But," says Lucas, "When you gave me control of your company, I thought you trusted me." Kate stops laughing long enough to point out that laughter is the best medicine.

Daniel and Chelsea talk about Nick. "It's ironic, isn't it," says Chelsea, "I broke his heart to be with you and you turned around and did the same to me."

"Yes I did," says Daniel, "I broke your heart to be with Nick."

Nicole's doctor explains that she is going through pre-term labor. If she has to give birth today she will lose the baby. Nicole vows to give the baby a good life.

As he leaves, the doctor turns to Brady, "Try to calm her down."

Nicole wails, "Tell me this isn't happening."

A gal in the audience wails, "Tell me the same thing."

Brady tries to drag Nicole back from the deep end, "Think about how much you love the baby and how much you love EJ."

Chloe and Daniel are outside the pub. "Don't worry," says Chloe, "Chelsea is just being a drama queen. I should know. I have a history of that myself."

"You," asks Daniel, "A drama queen? Maybe on stage."

"Drama queen, yes. Opera singer, no, " says Chloe, "You don't know me well at all."

"No."

"Well," says Chloe, "There is plenty of time for that. We're practically are family right? We'll be in the sack together in no time."

"I'm afraid not," says Daniel, "You're too old. Or too young."

Chelsea tells Kate Bo and Hope don't think it's a good time for her to go see Nick. She apologizes for her reaction to Daniel and Kate's affair and says she thinks Kate is a great person and she respects her a ton. Kate tells Chelsea life is too short to go around blaming people, "But that only applies to you. Not me. "

Hope thinks Bo needs to step back and take a break. She decides to take him for a healthy lunch. Bo says he has to keep working. "You're the boss," says Hope, "You can do anything you want."

Bo gets that gleam in his eye, "Anything?"

"At home," says Hope, "Let's go."

Marlena tells John he needs help. If he doesn't get help she says he will no longer be a part of her life. John vows never to get help.

Stefano offers EJ a drink. EJ tells Stefano he isn't drinking while Nicole is pregnant, "Because I have a better chance of having the baby than she does. " Stefano thinks EJ really must care for her. EJ wonders why Stefano keeps questioning that. Stefano says with Nicole and EJ he has a new chance and thanks him for a new beginning.

Nicole tells Brady Chloe is going to throw her a baby shower. She asks for her purse. He gives it to her and she pulls out a box, "This is my favorite thing. I was going to show EJ at the Lodge. It's a locket. I was going to put the baby's first picture in there." Suddenly she gasps, "God, what's happening?" She faints.

Brady shakes her, "Nicole? Stay with me." The crash cart team barges in. Nicole's hand drops and we pan to the locket.

Sami and Rafe bicker.


Previews
========

You can watch the previews later today on our PREVUZE II website. Prevuze II should be up no later than noon, Eastern Time.

If you enjoyed today's recap and haven't left a donation in a while, please consider doing that. If you aren't in a position to donate, check out some of our advertisers. And you could also consider leaving a comment. We enjoy those. Look at it this way... I've already read Prevuze. YOU are MY entertainment.

23 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sami and Rafe bicker and the rest of us get sicker. Thanks again Prevuze, maybe now Days will get this story to move along a little bit. Everyone knows Nichole won't be getting a mother of the year award, but what mom on Days will? My ban of watching days continues...

3:52 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

This whole storyline really would have been a lot better if Nicole didn't lose the baby. I hate that we'll have to deal with yet another Sami spawn. Does that idiot really need more children? She can barely remember the ones she already has.

4:18 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I agree that this baby would have given Nicole legitimate reason to change for better. While I rarely agree with anything Stefano says, I agree that it would have given them a brand new start with EJ, Nicole, and their baby. I also agree that Sami does NOT need to have anymore children, since she keeps acting like a child herself. DOOL Writers, you need to heed some of our warnings on here.

Of course, we all know they just recycle scripts using different characters (most of the time.) lol

I still say make them see Nick is suffering from some kind of schizophrenia, and get him off on an insanity plea. He can go away for treatment for a couple months, the return, healthy a normal again. I think he adds a lot to the younger crowd on DOOL.

Soooo tired of all the childish bickering going on with Sami right now. She is acting worse than ever, in my opinion.

5:55 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I agree that this baby would have given Nicole legitimate reason to change for better. While I rarely agree with anything Stefano says, I agree that it would have given them a brand new start with EJ, Nicole, and their baby. I also agree that Sami does NOT need to have anymore children, since she keeps acting like a child herself. DOOL Writers, you need to heed some of our warnings on here.

Of course, we all know they just recycle scripts using different characters (most of the time.) lol

I still say make them see Nick is suffering from some kind of schizophrenia, and get him off on an insanity plea. He can go away for treatment for a couple months, then return, healthy and normal again. I think he adds a lot to the younger crowd on DOOL.

Soooo tired of all the childish bickering going on with Sami right now. She is acting worse than ever, in my opinion.

5:58 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Maybe the writers bought a clue and figured out no one wants to see EJ and Nicole become a family. That's about as dull as a Sami and Rafe coupling and a Lucas and Chloe coupling, and a Nick and Melanie coupling, and a Phillip and Melanie.....oh I digress..

6:56 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great Prevuze again today!

Loved Bulldog's chastity belt pic and the picture of Sami and Rafe as Angelica and Chuckie from Rugrats.

My HUH?! moment of the day:
Kate telling Chelsea that life is too short to go around blaming people. This coming from the woman who has blamed Sami for every problem in her sons' lives!!

I agree that Sami doesn't need any more kids and that Nick should stay on the show.

6:59 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

"What the hell were you thinking, woman?" I just love Jawn. Please don't change him back!

Maybe they didn't have Sami miscarry since she's pregnant in real life. Was it Mary Beth Evans (?) well, one of the Days actresses who refused to do a miscarry story while she was really expecting and I don't blame her. Bad karma. Still, they didn't have to have Nicole lose hers.

I am so enjoying the continuing Nick-holding-the-sign pictures. I hope Prevuze has a dozen of 'em!

LOL over "I'll admit he's better," says Hope, "He used to go out with you, but now he's only a two-time killer." and "Brady corrects him, "Whatever you tell Chloe eventually works its way all over town." They could've substituted Chloe for Hope, Maggie, Stephanie, Melanie...

We made it to Friday, thanks to Prevuze, TGIP. Have a nice weekend, all.

7:04 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oops, I meant Marlena, not Melanie. Marlena the psychiatrist who I wouldn't tell a thing to in confidence. HAHAHA

7:06 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

What's with all the references to the past and the future? Do the writers think we need to use a score card to keep all the relationships straight? Oh, well, here's another one...Nicole's pregnancy is the past and a pillow is the future. I wonder how many romps it will take before EJ figures out that Nicole is packing a pillow. Geez!!! This plot point certainly has lots of possiblities...possiblities for excellent Prevuzisms!!!

It's just a soap opera kiddies. Angst is king, queen, joker, and the whole flipping deck of cards. They want us throwing things at the TV because they think it will make us come back for more. However, pelting things at the tube and/or flat screen isn't exactly good for their health!!

Great TGIF update Prevuze!!!

9:06 AM  
Blogger Applecheeks said...

Thanks, Alison. I enjoyed the Safe picture, but didn't have a clue who the cartoon characters were. Showing my age.

Speaking of pictures, cfish, I realize I'm probably buying a ticket for the short-bus here, but I don't quite understand how the caption relates to the picture. Can you 'splain?

All in all a fabulous Prevuze. Some of my favorite Prevuisms:

"We were in a relationship," says Chelsea, "He loved me. And I loved me, so we had a lot in common."

So, apparently the bullet missed Marlena and it was just the sound waves that knocked her down.

"But," says Lucas, "When you gave me control of your company, I thought you trusted me." Kate stops laughing long enough to point out that laughter is the best medicine.

A clarification needed from Prevuze:
He bashes her for letting Mr. Ski Mask get away. Marlena tells him the guy was after Sami, "And now he's on the loose thanks to you."

Did Marlena say this to Jawn? That would be a HUH?! moment for me. She was the dumbkoff who interferred.

And a note to the writers...Please get off this stupid cancer story! Kate was SOOOOO ill she had to be hospitalized after/during the chemo treatment, yet the minute she’s out she has the strength to go jetting around??

Thanks for providing the update of a totally zappable episode, Prevuze.

9:18 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Just imagine the poor slob, out there searching for girl scout cookies (this is the season for them) who gets this blog instead.

Priceless!!

KOTU

9:20 AM  
Blogger cfish said...

Applecheeks -- not sure what picture you're referring to. I don't have a picture in today.

10:46 AM  
Blogger Prevuze said...

He bashes her for letting Mr. Ski Mask get away. Marlena tells him the guy was after Sami, "And now he's on the loose thanks to you."

Did Marlena say this to Jawn? That would be a HUH?! moment for me. She was the dumbkoff who interferred.


Marlena really said that. That's why we awarded her "two points for a reversal." She just completely twisted it around on John.

11:33 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Loved the EJ inspired chastity belt pic from Bulldog. LOL! So true nowadays! I hope now that Nicole is done having any more "miracle" babies, EJ can concentrate on the important things in life, like his family and his precious "Samanther". Hopefully, that should also end the Rafsamism and constant bickering in the WP compound. More Ejami babies(if well written) is preferrable to Nicole AFS baby. I'm soo loking forward to seing some maturity and a good plot from DOOL in the future. They have realy lost their way since the spring. Like Berg said, until then my ban on wathing Days continues...

12:12 PM  
Blogger Applecheeks said...

Sorry cfish. I meant that for evilgenius.

12:36 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I saw a blurb in Yahoo News and flew over here to see what the buzz is since I've been absent.

Are you already finished discussing the firing of Deidre Hall and Drake Hogestyn?

I'm okay with it. Sexy & funny storylines make soap operas entertaining, and the younger characters are more promising on both fronts. Now that I've said that, maybe they need to fire the writers instead.

12:43 PM  
Blogger Prevuze said...

Em:

We discussed it a little bit but not much. It's like everything else. I figure they're gone until the writers decide to bring them back.

12:56 PM  
Blogger Prevuze said...

I'm soo loking forward to seing some maturity and a good plot from DOOL in the future. They have realy lost their way since the spring.

You do mean spring, 1980, right?

12:57 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Holy shla-moly! http://tv.yahoo.com/blog/are-daytime-soaps-doomed--43

1:11 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

D&D getting the boot isn't what's killing DAYS,it's been on a downward spiral even with them. It's the boring, stagnant, repetitive storylines that are.

Days survived losing other supercouples (Doug and Julie) it could survive this if the writers knew how to tell an original story and actually understood the concept of beginning to the end while making the middle interesting.

I hope D&D go off and enjoy their retirement because they were smart enough to realize that nothing lasts forever and had the sense and saved some of the massive amounts of money they made.

Many of those same people who watch soaps didn't have that luxury when they found out they were out of a job and no one is pitching a fit because the common man is unemployed.

Now, let's get DAYS back on track with couples who are exciting.

IMO, Sami/EJ, Rafe/Nicole, Melanie (yes, the spitfire) and Phil and stop with putting characters together which causes one to pick up the remote and change the channel.

If Elvis were coming to my town I wouldn't be caught anywhere near a chastity belt. ;)

1:50 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Applecheeks -

caption explanation: Days asks for volunteers to save the show. DH's raise their hands. DH's subsequently booted off in money-saving move hence helping to save show.

2:21 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I agree. DOOL has been on a steady decline since the 80's probably. The writers seem to have forgotten the craft of writing a good story about these families living in Salem. What happened? How did it get to be so bad? And what would it take to fix it? We live in a different society since the 80's...could it be that our needs as viewers have changed that much, to make us want some quality entertainment? It will be a real challenge for these new writers to deliver on that!

8:40 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Am I the only one screaming at the TV "call 911 you moron".
Noooo, call your girlfriend, then call your ex boyfriend...call out for Pizza. Call 911 you MORON.

12:49 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


Blogarama     Globe Of Blogs