Friday, November 28, 2008

Conspiracy Theory

A ghostly looking Nicole comes downstairs with her white robes flowing. A baby screams in the distance. Nicole opens the front doors and the wind blows her robes for that eerie, other-worldly effect you can only get on a limited budget. She sees nothing so she runs into the rumpus room where EJ is holding a baby wrapped in a blanket in his arms. EJ gives an evil look as Nicole approaches. As she gets closer, EJ snaps the blanket open and lets it dangle. The baby is gone.

"NOOOOOOOOOO!"

Nicole snaps awake. She sits up in the chair she has been sleeping in and stares.

Chloe and Lucas smooch. They decide what they have to be thankful for is each other. But they decide to be thankful anyway. They also decide they're thankful Allie can take care of herself without adult supervision. Lucas asks, "How 'bout we act like it's Christmas. We can pretend. I'll be Santa and you dress up in that cute little elf costume. Can you handle that?"

Prevuze

Lucas pulls out a ring box. Then he decides tease her and wait. Chloe begs him to give it to her now.

Daniel and Kate meet on the Kiriakis terrace. Kate asks him about the rest of her results. Daniel gives her the bad news. "Where do we go from here," asks Kate.

"Acme mortuary."

Brady comes into the pub after his run. Marlena suggests he join her for breakfast "The way you smell I've lost my appetite and won't have to worry about piling on more calories after yesterday's Thanksgiving blowout. " She tells him John will be joining them also, "He made a promise to me last night. I think it's the beginning of getting the old John back."

Mary tells EJ she heard Nicole crying as she slipped out this morning.

Nicole comes into Dr. Baker's office. Dr. Baker rambles about her condition, "It's important after a miscarriage to..."

Nicole blows her stack, "I did not have a miscarriage! Do you understand me?"

Dr. Baker keeps using the m-word. Nicole insists she gave birth to a perfect sleeping little girl who was taken from her. She goes off the deep end, even though that's probably what really happened and the kid will show up years from now.

"Of course, "says Dr. Baker, "I understand." Nicole apologizes and says the word 'miscarriage' is just so ugly. "I'm sorry for your loss," says Dr. Baker, "And for the fact you are standing here right now."

Nicole asks, "I need you to give me something no one else can. My life depends on it."

Prevuze

Lucas toys with Chloe. Chloe threatens bodily harm if he doesn't give her the present. "If that doesn't work, I'll sing. " Lucas immediately hands her the box. Chloe opens it and gasps.

Daniel says more aggressive treatment is in store, "The lung tumor is responding to your treatment, but the cancer has metastasized."

"Where," asks Kate.

"Let's put it this way," says Daniel, "It's not in your fingernails."

"How much time do I have left?"

"That depends on your contract."

Nicole tells Dr. Baker she wants another baby.

"I'm awfully busy, " says Dr. Baker, "But I suppose we can give it a try. The storeroom is empty. But it's unlikely you'll be successful."

Nicole snaps, "Come on. There are all kinds of treatments available these days... IVF... IUI... DUI..." The doctor says even if she got pregnant again the scarring would prevent her from carrying to term, just like it did in this case. Nicole screams, "You're wrong and I'm going to prove it!" She walks out.

Mary tells EJ Nicole came in with Mr. Black. "Mr. Black," repeats EJ, "John? Brady? Clint? "

Marlena says she is grateful for John saving her life, "But he was in mercenary mode. I told him I wasn't comfortable having him around the children and he had to get therapy. He agreed to see Dr. Kenneth Taylor."

John walks up to the table, "Or maybe not. And I'm delighted you have brought my offspring up to speed on my personal business." He lectures her for not keeping her word, "No more Dr. Taylor. No more therapy. No soup for you! Why don't the two of you just continue discussing your little conspiracy theory without me." He turns to leave, but Marlena stops him. John whirls and nukes, "Would you like to broadcast my life to the rest of the family... EJ and old man Stefano?"

Brady asks, "What are you talking about, 'Old Man Stefano?'"

"Didn't she fill you in," asks John, "I'm a DiMera and so are you."

EJ figures out it was Brady who brought Nicole home yesterday. He decides to get to the bottom of this.

The sales clerk shows Nicole maternity clothes, "How far along are you?"

"Twenty weeks," says Nicole.

"Whoa," says the clerk, "I think you look incredible for 20 weeks. "She goes into the next room and comes out with a fake pregnancy tummy, "This is just like the ones they use in the movies, and on DOOL with every-other pregnancy. " Nicole tries it on.

Chloe opens the ring box to find a key. Her face falls like a lead filled barrel going over Niagara, "It's... a key."

Clueless Lucas says, "Gotta get up pretty early in the morning to fool you. It's a key to the dream house. Everything is final. Construction is underway. There is a hot tub and a fireplace in the bedroom. And a brick oven stove."

Chloe asks, "Does that mean I have to learn to cook?"

"I'm buying a house," says Lucas, "I'm not trying to commit suicide."

Lucas pulls out another ring box and adds something to the mix. Chloe opens it up to find the all-important ring. Lucas says, "You've been amazing the last few months. I love you with all my heart and soul."

"I love you, too," says Chloe, "Especially now that you came through with the ring. "

Lucas takes a knee, "Chloe, will you marry me?"

"OK," says Chloe, "I guess I have a couple weeks to spare."

Daniel and Kate talk about her prospects. Daniel vows to keep fighting. Kate doesn't want any pep talks, "I think my bad karma has come back to haunt me."

Daniel gets stern, "Don't you dare blame yourself and don't give up."

EJ comes in to see Dr. Baker. He asks what Nicole's restrictions are, and also asks about her prognosis, and the baby's. Dr. Baker tells him the case is complicated. He looks at the chart. And says he sees EJ is listed as the father, "That means I can tell you everything."

"I'll take the dress," says Nicole, "And the fake pregnancy tummy, too."

Brady says, "I'm trying to wrap my brain around being a DiMera."

"Try wrapping it around something more it's size," says John. He hands him a bread crumb and then beams, "You're a lucky man Brady DiMera!"

"This does not change who you are," says Marlena - Evans - Craig - Bradford - Brady - Black - North - Black - DiMera, "You've got a long way to go to catch up with my list of names. "

"Suck it up and be a man," says John, "This is the hand you were dealt."

"Why don't you try doing the same," says Brady Black DiMera, "You're not my father any more. You're a robot walking around insulting people. Put your family first and get your life together." He storms out. John gives his Mortimer Snerd smile.

Dr. Baker searches through Nicole's chart, looking for the HIPA form. He sees Nicole is listed as single and decides as her doctor he has to protect her privacy, "I was wrong. I can't tell you anything more about her case. Good day, Mr. DiMera."

Baby bump bedecked Nicole sits and talks with Mary. Mary leaves and Nicole zones and paces. She walks by the nativity scene, contemplates the baby Jesus and bawls.

Kate says she needs to be alone. Daniel says that is the last thing she needs. Kate scolds him for wanting her to be brave. Daniel says he won't tolerate her speaking of karma or suggesting she brought this on herself. He tells her they are going back to the hospital and continue the treatment, "And you will have hope and you will be strong and you will be brave. How does that sound?"

"It's the biggest crock I've heard since Abe's last campaign speech, " says Kate, "If I go to the hospital you have to promise me one thing. That I'll come back out of it."

"You will," Daniel promises, "And they'll take you straight to the funeral home. "

Lucas puts the ring on Chloe's finger. A call from Kate interrupts. She gives him the bad news. Lucas says he'll be right there and hangs up. He fills Chloe in.

John and Marlena argue. John rants, "I don't want to go in and see some old coot therapist who will tell me I have to be someone I'm not."

"You've been someone you're not practically your whole life, " says Marlena, "The old John was a man of honor..."

John shuts her up and agrees to see the shrink one time and only one, "After this it is over. No more trying to change me. You'll have to find another way to amuse yourself." Marlena agrees to leave and apologizes for overstepping her bounds with Brady Black DiMera.

"And if this doesn't work," asks John, "Because I can tell you right now it won't."

"One step at a time," says Marlena as she leaves. John scowls and mumbles.

EJ explodes, "I don't care if she told you she was the Duchess of bloody Kent, I want to know the truth! I am a lawyer. I can get an injunction."

"Why would you do that," asks Dr. Baker, "Why wouldn't you just talk to Nicole?"

"Communication," says EJ, "Bold new concept."

Brady arrives at the DiMera mansion. Nicole cracks the front door and hides behind it. She asks why he is there. Brady tells her he just found out he's a DiMera, so he's moving in with the rest of the nuts. He forces his way in and sees Nicole standing there with her tons of tummy.

Daniel arranges Kate's room. He plants a photograph of Kate and Lucas and leaves to give her some privacy. Phillip sticks his head in, sees the picture and turns to Lucas, "Mom always liked you best."

Outside, Daniel runs into Lucas and Chloe. Lucas accuses him of giving Kate false hope. Daniel gives him the plan of action. They are going to kill Kate's immune system and rebuild it from scratch, "She needs a bone marrow transplant."

Lucas volunteers to help with that, "I'll contact Billie, Phillip, Austin and the other members of her litter. I'm sure one of them will be a match. "

Brady wants to know what's up. Among other things, Nicole's tummy. He insists she can't hide this from EJ. Nicole says she isn't in denial. She is painfully aware of what she has lost. She thought if she could hear it were possible to conceive again she would have the courage to tell EJ, but Dr. Baker said there was no hope. Nicole says she can't bear to lose both the baby and EJ at the same time.

Marlena calls Dr. Taylor and leaves a message asking to talk to him after the session to know if John decides to continue.

John looks at his watch and huffs, "He's late. To hell with him." He turns and heads out of the pub, but bumps into a woman carrying a load of file folders. The folders go flying and John bends down to help her pick them up. He sees his name on the folders and asks where she got them. "You're John Black," says the woman, "I'm Dr. Taylor. Dr. Charlotte Taylor."

Chloe comes out of Kate's room and talks to Daniel. He sees her ring. She says she hid the ring from Kate and asks Daniel to keep her secret. Daniel agrees.

Kate tells Lucas the reason she told him about her condition first is that they have been through a lot of hard times together, "And, besides, I like you best. " She hopes he's strong enough to go through this with her.

"Don't worry about me," says Lucas, "I'm (say it with him) here for you. I want to help."

"There is an important way to do that," says Kate, "You can show me how strong you are as this continues. That you can accept the outcome no matter what it is. I need to know you will be all right without me. Promise you will be OK." Hugs. Chloe watches.

Brady says Nicole has to tell EJ. He insists EJ won't leave her because she lost the baby. "Maybe not today. Maybe not tomorrow, but soon" says Nicole, "and for the rest of my life. But we'll always have Paris. " Nicole says she has made her decision and begs Brady not to tell. They hug

EJ walks in, "What the devil is going on here?"


Previews
========

You can watch the previews later today on our PREVUZE II website. Prevuze II should be up no later than noon, Eastern Time.

If you enjoyed today's recap and haven't left a donation in a while, please consider doing that. If you aren't in a position to donate, check out some of our advertisers. And you could also consider leaving a comment. We enjoy those. Look at it this way... I've already read Prevuze. YOU are MY entertainment.

10 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

And so it begins. The completely predictable and much dreaded fake pregnancy storyline. :(

They sure are skipping around in this Kate illness thing. One day it's supposedly good news and they're throwing her a party and the next day it's prognosis negative. I think Prevuze is right - they're writing it as they get updates on Lauren Koslow's contract negotiations. HAHAHHA

My favorite Prevuism: "Brady says, "I'm trying to wrap my brain around being a DiMera."

"Try wrapping it around something more it's size," says John. He hands him a bread crumb."


And LOL over the picture of him on drugs. Thanks, Prevuze, for helping those of us who are unfortunate enough to have to work today remember it is actually Friday and not Monday! Have a nice Black Friday and weekend, all. TGIP!

7:27 AM  
Blogger Applecheeks said...

First belly laugh of the day was the picture of "Brady" face down in the street. There's a cheap shot around the corner everywhere in DOOL, isn't there?

Second belly laugh: Nicole opens the front doors and the wind blows her robes for that eerie, other-worldly effect you can only get on a limited budget.

And

"How much time do I have left?" "That depends on your contract."

We're going to see a lot more of this stuff ahead in DOOL. Latest interview with Ken Corday indicated the only way DOOL stayed on the air was with a severely reduced budget. Ergo, goodbye John & Marlena by January with others to follow. Ken flat came out and said that if the cast & staff "cooperate" (i.e., take a cut in pay) they will try to get through it with as little pain as possible. But that every character could be recast if it came to that.

End of rant. On with the rave about today's Prevuze: RAVE!!!

Kate doesn't want any pep talks, "I think my bad karma has come back to haunt me."

About time!

Too many funny Prevuisms to list. This was a great antidote to my post-Thanksgiving stupor.

8:13 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

"Brady arrives at the DiMera mansion. Nicole cracks the front door and hides behind it. She asks why he is there. Brady tells her he just found out he's a DiMera, so he's moving in with the rest of the nuts."... This is my favorite line today. Talk about a nut house in the making! You guys have the right idea. If only DOOL with their "severely reduced budget" would think up great ideas like this, they might have a soap opera people would want to watch!

9:51 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Nicole tells Dr. Baker she wants another baby.

"I'm awfully busy, " says Dr. Baker, "But I suppose we can give it a try. The storeroom is empty.


What…no elevators?

Nicole snaps, "Come on. There are all kinds of treatments available these days... IVF... IUI... DUI..."

…FDR, LBJ, IRA, PTA, LSD.

The doctor says even if she got pregnant again the scarring would prevent her from carrying to term, just like it did in this case.

OK, why didn’t she know this at the beginning of her pregnancy? If Nicole had been getting regular exams from her OB/GYN, shouldn’t she have known about this? Are we to believe it is possible to buy a fake pregnancy belly? Where are they being sold…Fake Bellies R Us?

"Why would you do that," asks Dr. Baker, "Why wouldn't you just talk to Nicole?"

"Communication," says EJ, "Bold new concept."


Since there’s no honesty and trust, they actually have nothing to talk about.

"Maybe not today. Maybe not tomorrow, but soon" says Nicole, "and for the rest of my life. But we'll always have Paris. "

Excellent idea Prevuze. Instead of watching this really stupid episode of Daze, I’ll watch Casablanca instead.

Applecheeks, I can only hope that the writers are also taking pay cuts. They’re the reason that DOOL is in the sad position that it is.

Thanks Prevuze for shaking off the turkey stupor and giving us another stellar update!

9:55 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I was thinking the same thing about the fake pregnancy belly...as if you can just go buy one of those at your local store. Deb's map of Salem might have to be adjusted to make Salem near Hollywood, where props like that would be sold.

12:09 PM  
Blogger Deb said...

You normally can't buy the pregnancy belly, but most larger maternity shops have them so newly pregnant moms can try on clothes and see how they will look when they get bigger.

I doubt the store would have sold theirs to Nicole.

1:34 PM  
Blogger Karyn said...

Knowing Nichole she would have just taken it from the store on her own accord.

I can hardly stand the Nicho EJ scenes know-with a fake pregancy I have a feeling I will be hitting the fast forward button a lot.

2:10 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Rather late on my posting but pregnancy tummies can be bought at costume stores.

4:14 PM  
Blogger Applecheeks said...

Deb/Victoria - the Prevuze site continues to be a font of continuing education. I had no clue pregnancy bellies were so easy to acquire. LOL

5:09 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Poor Nicole. Even she knows that EJ will leave her eventually. What she has failed to understand is that it would have happened even with baby Girl DiMera.

Loved the Melanie/Elevator pic.

5:35 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


Blogarama     Globe Of Blogs