Saturday, May 24, 2008

Prevuze #1,000

This is our 1,000th Prevuze posting on this website. Whoop-de-doo. I don't know that it's really cause for celebration but, hey, it's Saturday and I never know what to write about on Saturday anyway.

I also can't get too excited about it, because while it's post #1,000 on this site, Prevuze existed long before it was here and we're not counting those.

Also, there are the "housekeeping" posts we've made that said something like "We won't be posting today because lightning struck the Prevuze Compound and all of our equipment melted." (Oh, yeah, that really happened a couple of years ago).

We've taken a lot of those posts down. If we hadn't I suppose we would have reached Prevuze #1,000 a couple of weeks ago. Oh well, so the whole thing's bogus. Let's celebrate anyway.

But how?

I suppose I should start by saying something about the infamous Prevuze cable – you know, the one the tree was leaning against and it was stretched tighter than Kate's lips after her last botox treatment? I had pretty much decided to stop worrying about it and let it go. If the thing fell, we'd fix it afterward. Then, lo and behold, a Good Samaritan ventured into the depths of the Prevuze wilderness and cleared out the debris that had dammed up the Prevuze River and also caused part of the stretching problem. With the debris cleared, there is enough slack in the cable that if the tree falls, the cable wouldn't break. Thanks to the good Samaritan, we are now out of danger.

When DOOL reached its milestone 10,000th episode it marked the occasion with one of those montages of the sights and sounds of yesteryear. We don't have montages on Prevuze, but here's what you can do. As you look at the pictures that follow, imagine "Through The Years" playing in the background and let a few tears well up in your eyes...






























































































































































OK, I suppose that's already too many. Perhaps it's fitting to end with this one:




Have a great Memorial Day holiday, gang. Drive safely. If you can afford to drive, that is.

10 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh, Prevuze, that was GREAT!! What a trip down memory lane. A great many I had forgotten. Including the ones I did. HAHAHAHA

It was such a bright spot on a gloomy and rainy Saturday I'll have to go in later and look them over again. Congrats on the 1,000 and let's hope Prevuze will be celebrating it's 10,000th one day! :D

6:36 AM  
Blogger luvpumpkns said...

ahh...i love the posts with lots of old pictures. nice to see some of those again. congrats on the "1000th" post!!

6:47 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

ha ha what great memories. yet there seem to be more dumb Shelle moments than I remembered. ah the good old days! seems like just yesterday. well almost yesterday with some of the newer Prevuze onea

7:33 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

and let a few tears well up in your eyes...

Yeah, from laughing so much. And because I only found Prevuze last summer, there was lots of new stuff for me to enjoy.

Congrats on the milestone. Your excellent work is appreciated!

9:17 AM  
Blogger Quiet one said...

Congrats on your 1000th post! I love seeing all the old pictures, makes me wish I had discovered you earlier! Thanks for all the hard work and great laughs!

10:37 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congratulations on your 1,000th..what's the anniversary gift for that???
Anywho, I shouldn't have been partaking is a piquant pino grigio while reading, as my monitor is now covered with spritz!
Keep up the good work.

2:07 PM  
Blogger Applecheeks said...

Congratulations on your 1,000th..what's the anniversary gift for that???

Hmmmmm. 1,000 posts of Prevuze? I'd say the anniversary gift would be something along the lines of a straight-jacket or perhaps an all-expense-paid weekend at the resort with those nice padded rooms. HAHAHAHAHAHA

Loved the Saturday Prevuze. Like everyone else, I'd forgotten half the pictures. They were a blast.

I'm totally relieved that some brave soul dared to venture into Mordor II and save the Prevuze cable. I wonder what the award is for that??

2:28 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thank you, thank you, thank you! I love you guys! You gave me something to cheer about on a weekend that will be spent with my in-laws decorating graves... what a downer... Prevuze, you are the best! Thanks for everything you do!

2:59 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congrats on your 1,000th post! I'll tell you what my two favorite pics have been over the years - I believe I actually spit out my coffee on both of these. One was Mimi standing next to a statue of the virgin Mary saying, "So... how long till you told Joseph?", and the other was Marlena telling a pregnant Sami that if she wasn't careful, her babies would die... and come back to Salem as young adults. I saved both pics (somewhere). :p Thanks again for the previews and the laughs every morning! :)

10:36 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I have to say, one of my all-time favorites will always be the "Simple" Santo and Colleen one! I did a spit-take then, and I did another spit-take just now : ) Thanks Prevuze!!!

6:38 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


Blogarama     Globe Of Blogs