Wednesday, May 14, 2008

Like Trying To Stop A Train Wreck

Sami rushes into the mansion ranting. Rolf comes in and reminds her the kids are sleeping. He wonders what is wrong. Oh, nothing at all. Sami goes on to rant about the arrogant, pompous Elvis.

Back in the steam room, EJ stops Nicole. He says he feels like he's cheating on Samantha.

Stephanie and Max meet at the docks. Max apologizes, "I lied and didn't trust you. I'm sorry."

"So am I," says Stephanie.

Bo and Hope complete their arrest. Martino tells Bo to rethink whatever case he believes he has. Hope tosses Bo the black book. Bo waves it in Martino's face, "It seems this belonged to Dr. Nusbaum. I think the guy we found it on killed him."

Kayla calls for an ambulance as Patch rushes in. Kayla moans. Patch asks, "What's happening."

Kayla whines, "Oh, it's too soon."

Patch asks, "What is it?"

Kayla wonders what planet Patch is on, "Well, it's not the pizza I had for supper."

He asks, "Did you call 911?"

Nicole backs off and says that was humiliating. She says she understands, but it's not right for EJ to do this. She tells him Sami will never care for him, "She is in love with Lucas."

EJ says, "Well that might not be the case too much longer."

Sami's meltdown over EJ continues, "Rant, rant, rant, blah, blah, blah." She insists she doesn't have any feelings for him. She thinks she should just ignore her emotions. Rolf tells her she should, except for fear, which can save her from terrible things.

"You have a way of cheering people up," says Sami, "I'll take your advice. I'll cultivate my feelings of fear and ignore the other emotions." Rolf tells her love is also OK. There's a ringing endorsement if there ever was one. Sami tells him about Lucas' email.

Rolf says he heard EJ talking to Warden Pruett, "It zeems chew may be zeeing Lucas zooner zan you zhought."

Stephanie realizes Max was just trying to help Nick. She wonders why Max couldn't have just told her that. Max says things are weird when it comes to him and Nick. Nick has accused him of messing with his work before. Things blew over then, but Max doesn't think they can work through it now. Max doesn't ever want to lie to her again. Stephanie says his lying to her scared her, "You know I have major trust issues."

"You have major issues all around," says Max. They make up. Stephanie hates the part of a relationship that involves disagreements. Max shows her a part he likes better.

Ava wants to know what Martino has done. He insists nothing, "You need to pin that murder on whomever you arrested. You can't prove he works for me."

Ava says, "No, but I can."

Max and Stephanie smooch. Stephanie has another great idea – Buddy's, burgers and "dinner" in the car. Max has a better idea.

EJ tells Nicole Statesville has an overcrowding problem.

"Anyplace Lucas is has an overcrowding problem," says Nicole.

EJ says he talked to the warden and asked for Lucas to be put on the list of people to get out. He wants to win Sami's affections fair and square, "Don't forget... He shot me. I'm the victim."

Nicole asks, "Did he shoot you in the brain."

"No," says EJ, "He aimed for a part of my body where the bullet could do some harm."

Sami wonders why EJ would want to help Lucas get out. Rolf dunno, but he's glad to be helpful. Sami would appreciate it if he would continue to be helpful. Rolf wants to know what's in it for him. "I owe you one," says Sami. Rolf will collect when the time is right. He leaves.

Sami snorts, "Creep!" She picks up her phone and makes a call, "EJ, you'd better pick up."

Somehow Max has conjured up this amazing picnic basket full of gourmet food. Stephanie is blown away that Max planned this big picnic on the docks, but would rather get to dessert. Max smooches and suggests they eat the food before it spoils, "I don't know where I'd be without you."

"For one thing, you wouldn't be doing community service," says Stephanie.

Instead of answering his phone, EJ returns to the mansion. Sami is certain he had fun with Nicole in the steam room. EJ tells her nothing happened. Sami is skeptical, "You have nothing to gain by sleeping with Nicole except a communicable disease. You're not going anywhere until you explain what you are doing trying to get Lucas out of prison. Why are you doing that?"

EJ insists it's out of the goodness of his heart, "You love Lucas. I want you to be happy."

Sami tosses out her trump card, "I wish you'd been thinking that the night Johnny was conceived."

Nicole comes out into the empty gym. She goes a few rounds with the punching bag, stops and says, "Time to cozy up to an old friend." She walks over to her purse, takes out her flask and cozies.

Ava says she knew Martino was going after Patch. She knows the people on his payroll and can make positive IDs.

Angelo interrupts and tells her it wasn't the Nusbaum who messed her up. Martino tells Angelo to keep his mouth shut. Angelo says Nusbaum was giving Ava drugs, but under orders from Martino.

Kayla huffs and puffs as the paramedics work. I haven't seen anything this dramatic since Miss Haggerty's third grade class put on a production of Who's Afraid Of Virginia Wolf.

EJ wonders if that's why Sami was so angry – the way Johnny was conceived. Sami says she can't look at him without remembering that night. She loves Johnny, but can't forget. EJ says he isn't proud of what he did that night. He's deeply ashamed, but he never intended to hurt her, "I made love to you because of the way I felt about you and thought you felt the same way."

"You are so egotistical," says Sami, "I told you I loved Lucas."

"If I could take it back I would."

"Too little too late," says Sami, "I have the bruises and scars to show for it."

EJ is stunned, "I didn't think I hurt you."

"I mean emotional scars," says Sami, "We both know it wasn't like that... why were you such a sleaze after that?"

"Just being myself," says EJ, "I don't have any defense. I didn't think you'd be disgusted with me." He thinks they've avoided talking about this for too long. It was inexcusable but he thought if they could be together things would change. He says he was wrong and was so embarrassed that he took all his anger against her, "In everything I've done since then I've tried to change for you. That moment didn't just change your life it changed mine. To try to make up is the reason I turned my father in. I'm a different person. In my heart I hope one day you might be able to wipe the slate clean, because I am so sorry."

Max and Stephanie make out on the docks. They decide they shouldn't be doing this. Max suggests his place. Stephanie wants to but can't.

Ava gasps, "My God, it's true." Martino says Angelo is lying. Ava doesn't buy it. She thinks he drugged her because of what she remembered, "It was Mom. You didn't want me to remember what you did to her. You were responsible. She was gonna leave so you had her taken out. I heard you admit it to one of your thugs right after I tried to take my life. YOU HAD MY MOTHER KILLED YOU SICK SOB!"

Martino sees a gun lying on the table and lunges for it. Bo goes into action. BANG! Gunfight at the OK Corral.

Sami tells EJ he has work cut out for him if he wants to be a good father, "Especially since you were cavorting with Nicole. He insists his encounter with her was cavortless. "Why do you expect me to believe that," asks Sami.

"I told her I loved you," says EJ.

"I'm not saying it's true," says Sami, "But it's nice to think Nicole thinks that. Fine."

"Fine what," asks EJ.

"You wanted a clean slate," says Sami, "So, fine."

"Just like that?"

"We're talking about our son and moving on and letting go," says Sami, "You're right. You've done a lot of good things."

We hear a little ruckus out in the hallway. Out of sight, Rolf answers the door, "May I help you?"

Nicole booms, "Outta my way, Ralph."

Plastered Nicole rushes in and admires the happy couple. Rolf comes in behind her and apologizes but says she just stormed past him.

"That's OK, Ralph," says Sami, "Stopping Nicole is like trying to stop a train wreck." EJ wonders why Nicole is there. Nicole says she doesn't need a reason, "But I'm a glutton for punishment, and I need me some more." Punishment, maybe; booze, no.

Kayla writhes in pain and worries about the baby. Dr. Patch assures her the baby will be fine.

Sami hustles Nicole out and slams the door. EJ enjoys the show as Sami wheels around and tells him to stay away from Nicole. EJ reminds Sami that Nicole is the one who is chasing him.

"Spare me," says Sami. EJ smirks. Sami snorts, "You don't have to enjoy this. Stay away from her or I swear I will..."

"What are you going to do," asks EJ. Sami flings herself at him.

Feet... pants leg... hand... we continue to pan up to the face of the body lying cold and dead on the pub floor. Caroline walks out and calls for her busboys to come out and help, "The chowdah meat delivery has arrived."

Ava leans over Martino's body, "Oh, Daddy... Daddy... How could you do this to me you SOB?" She sobs uncontrollably and kisses him.

Confused Sami pulls away, "OMG! I just kissed you!"

"How is that a problem," asks EJ, "We're married."

"Don't talk to me like that," says Sami, "I'm not stupid." Nutty as Jimmy Carter's farm, yes; stupid, no. Sami blithers, "What is wrong with me?" She runs upstairs.

Max and Stephanie smooch. Max comes up for air, "It means a lot to me to have someone I can count on. And do other things on." Stephanie wishes she could spend the night but she doesn't want her parents to worry. Max dives in for more.

The cops bag up Martino's body and wheel it out. Roman goes to talk to Ava. Hope tells Bo he didn't have a choice. "That SOB got off easy," says Bo.

"Yeah," agrees Hope, "There's nothing easier than slowly bleeding to death after taking a bullet in your gut. Not only that, but DOOL is on the TV above the bar. The last thing he saw was Kayla huffing and puffing."

Bo agrees, "OMG. What a horrible way to go."


Roman tells Ava he's sorry. He reminds her she can't leave town. Nor can Angelo. Ava insists she isn't going anywhere. Roman gives Angelo his card, "If you need anything, call. Angelo and Ava leave. On their way out, Father Jansen meets them at the door with a note from the Pope canonizing St. Ava.

Bo fills Roman in on what happened. He gets a call, "When? Where? Huh... What th'... We'll be right there." He hangs up and announces Steve and Kayla are at the hospital. Bony and Clod rush to their aid.


Previews
========

You can watch the previews later today on our PREVUZE II website.

24 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

<"I made love to you because of the way I felt about you and thought you felt the same way.">
Uhm, no you rapist bastard. It wasn't 'making love', it was rape, and one little scene isn't going to make it all better.
Disgusting.

4:26 AM  
Blogger Deb said...

I'm sorry, but the only thing I can say is HOLY SH*T!WHERE'S MY CHECK!!!!!!!!

The EJami scene today is practically WORD FOR WORD what I wrote!! Now come on, I'm a psychic, but I'm not THAT good!

I also read a spoiler that EJ and Sami are going to "hook up" and Lucas is going to walk in on them!

WOOO HOOO! So they stole my SL, who cares as long as EJami happens!!

EJ tells Nicole Statesville has an overcrowding problem.

Did EJ really say Statesville? That proves Salem is in IL you know!

4:44 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Absolutely sickening. Rape is now "making love"? And saying "I thought you wanted it" makes everything okay? Days has hit a new low when it comes to offensive storylines.

4:55 AM  
Blogger SocRMum1 said...

OMG!!! Way to go, Deb! The writers are FINALLY getting it right - they must be reading your stuff. WHOO HOO!!! They've finally talked about it - now here's hoping we can just move on.

EJAMI is coming!

5:08 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Kayla whines, "Oh, it's too soon."

Patch asks, "What is it?"

Kayla wonders what planet Patch is on, "Well, it's not the pizza I had for supper."


You think? Patch has been babbling about the pregnancy for how long? Yep, that planet has got to be in a galaxy far, far away.

She thinks she should just ignore her emotions. Rolf tells her she should, except for fear, which can save her from terrible things.

What? Sami’s mother is a shrink, and she’s confiding in and taking advice from Rolf? Geez!

EJ tells Nicole Statesville has an overcrowding problem.

I thought Lucas was supposed to be doing time in a minimum security prison. Statesville is one nasty place to be incarcerated. I hope Carmine is protecting him.

"I'm not saying it's true," says Sami, "But it's nice to think Nicole thinks that. Fine."

"Fine what," asks EJ.

"You wanted a clean slate," says Sami, "So, fine."


Thank goodness. Now let’s just move on with it.

Kudos to Deb! You were right on target with your script. Evilgenius, I’ve just gotta tell you that your picture and caption is hysterical. Come to think of it…Marlena does have that strange Mona Lisa smile. I believe Leonardo used geometry to create it. Yes, Bulldog, that was one low riding towel. Prevuze, I think giving Pookie John’s memories is a brilliant idea, and, as usual, Prevuze was the best!!!

5:37 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yep, evilgenius, you were hilarious!

EJAMI is coming! socrmum, was that a Freudian slip?

I believe EJ saying (something like), "You know it wasn't like that," is the big hint that the rape was not a rape. More redemption.

Isn't the Martino storyline being wrapped up faster than a Subway sandwich? Why is Ava talking like a thug? Who would refer to their mom's murder as 'taking her out'? It wasn't dinner!

Forget the early, complicated baby delivery. We want to see EJAMI!

"Just like that?"

Yeah, just like that.

5:58 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wish someone would remind Sami that she and EJ were set for a romp more than once, and she was the agressor more than once, but something always came up to stop it. She wanted to jump his bones until she found out he was a Dimera. Had she not found out, she probably would have never gotten back with Lucas because EJ is much better suited for Sami. She cried "rape" because it wasn't her terms. Wasn't that she didn't want EJ. She just didn't want to admit it. And at the time, she actually WAS worried about Lucas, being as he was lying under a beam. And of course, arrogant EJ thought once he got Sami going, she'd be all over him. Hello people. We all know Sami. Sami wouldn't have done anything she didn't really want to do. She just wants to be able to hold it over his head. If she really had not wanted to, she'd have pressed charges against him. You people need to quit being so senstivie. It's DOOL for Pete's sake. When do they ever deal with serious matters in good taste?

6:15 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sammi, Lucas, EJ...my question is who cares about any of them? They are all SO boring.

6:33 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am ecstatic about EJ & Sami FINALLY talking about what happened and moving forward. I'm also surprised and thrilled that Sami knows that EJ is trying to get Lucas out of prison...and even knowing that she may see Lucas SOONER than she thought...she still makes love to EJ!! Woo Hoo! I LOVE Ejami!!! Can't wait to read Prevuze tomorrow!

7:05 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Prevuze II, I am so disappointed. I'd rather see Sami attacking EJ than Bope running to get to the hospital. Dang!

8:01 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

(Prevuze II, I am so disappointed. I'd rather see Sami attacking EJ than Bope running to get to the hospital. Dang!)

I will second that!!!

8:23 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I also wanted to ask...Deb, when are going to get the pleasure of reading a new installment of your wonderful writing skills???

8:26 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Did you see Marlena’s necklace today ? It was made by one of my favorite artists, Smart Glass Jewelry. Smart Glass is from Atlanta, Georgia and uses recycled glass bottles in many of her unique jewelry creations. Check out her work at BestAmericanArts.com/Shop/SmartGlass

9:23 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love EJami!!! It's about time!

9:42 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

LET SAMI BE WITH E.J. WHO CARES,LET LUCAS HAVE A REAL WOMAN THAT HAS HEART AND SENSE TIRED OF SAMI B.S. LET GIVE DAYS A HAND.

11:51 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Am I the only Sami & Lucas fan left? The EJ & Sami storyline is too unbelievable for me to accept. I want LUMI forever!!!

11:58 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

OMG! I'm so excited to see EJami get it on! He's so hot!

12:22 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

ALL WHO WANT TO SEE EJAMI,THINK ABOUT IT IF IT WAS YOUR SISTER OR DAUGHTER WHO IS SLEEPING WITH HER RAPIST,ALTHOUGHT IS FICTION,HOW WOULD YOU FEEL.I SAY THINK ABOUT IT I HAVE TO GIVE DAYS A REST FOR A WHILE THIS IS CRAZY.I LOVE LUMI IF THEY GET BACK TOGETHER THEN I WILL MAYBE WATCH. STILL LOVE LUMI AND THERE CONNECTION AS LUMI OR ALI AND BRY SOMETIMES I WONDER,MMMMM

1:41 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

"I made love to you because of the way I felt about you and thought you felt the same way."
Lulz! It certainly didn't look that way at the time seeing as he had to 'negotiate' to get it.

The only reason I saw it as rape is because had I performed that situation in real life, I believe I would have my very own Carmine.

Besides anon, it's a soap. Sami's lack of pressing charges means nothing when, Nicole is walking around after trying to murder Victor, Max getting community service for the death of Ford Decker, and Ava walking free after killing someone, taking 4 people hostage and shooting one.

My point is, to me, regardless of whatever kind of future Ejami exist in (hopefully none), I will forever consider it rape. Unless of course they retcon the entire thing.

2:15 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

"Not only that, but DOOL is on the TV above the bar. The last thing he saw was Kayla huffing and puffing."

Bo agrees, "OMG. What a horrible way to go."


Good ones, Prevuze! HAHAHAHA

I can't believe either they got rid of Martino that fast. The actor must have been getting too many big bucks. Nevertheless, I'm glad the Mumbler wasn't a long-term character.

I bow to you, Evilgenius, your Jawn picture with Marlena was much better than mine yesterday!

VERY late getting to Prevuze today but it provided much needed laughs.

7:33 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Deb if that was from you - nice job :) It fills in the blanks in an acceptable way and also fits the characters.

Great Prevuze - TY!!

7:41 PM  
Blogger Applecheeks said...

Kayla huffs and puffs as the paramedics work. I haven't seen anything this dramatic since Miss Haggerty's third grade class put on a production of Who's Afraid Of Virginia Wolf.

I'd have said that made me ROLFMAO except I didn't have the energy. But I thought about it!

It's late. I can't summon enough energy to be creative. Just a shout out to all the commentors, picture-makers, and of course Prevuze for a great late night read. THANKS!

8:32 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

James Scott rocked this scene ... best actor on daytime.

5:39 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I just found this blog - - oooooooooo - it's incredible - - - I love the prevuze in a format my DOOL brain understands. I watch when I get home from work and I keep my opinionated soapbox nearby so I can hop on it any time.

1:37 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


Blogarama     Globe Of Blogs