Thursday, March 27, 2008

The Man-Woman Thing

Maggie shows John to a table at Chez Rouge. Obsessive-Compulsive John rearranges some of the table setting and puts a box on the table. Marlena walks in and says she got a call to come over there but doesn't know what it's about. Doesn't anyone in this town ask? Maggie throws a look over toward John. "Looky there," says Marlena. Maggie's radar goes up. With Hope out of commission the burden of spreading rumors and gossip all over Salem is now exclusively on her shoulders. It's a tough job, but eternal vigilance is the hallmark of a world-class busybody.

Abe assures Bo officers are looking for Hope. Bo gets a call. Patch tells him not to bring the cops in on this. Bo promises, hangs up and tells Abe to call his dogs off.

Stephanie arrives at Patch and Kayla's room. Patch says he needs to go see Bo while she babysits Kayla.

Hope/Kayla wants to make a call. Ava vetoes, thinking she will call the cops. Hope says she wants to call Patch. Ava thinks he will have the cops come down on them. Hope/Kayla wonders what Daddy would do if he knew about Ava's planned future with Steve. Ava says Daddy will never know. He's out of town. And the guys guarding her would never tell, "They all blame Patch for what happened to me and they would all like to see him dead."

Hope/Kayla says, "How passé. That's already been done."

Lexie walks in as Abe questions Bo's request. Bo says, "I just overreacted and panicked."

"That's exactly what we've taught you to do on the SPD," says Abe. Bo is sure Hope will call when she wakes up. Or maybe she's shopping and her phone is dead. Abe wonders why Bo is suddenly so calm. Lexie notices Bo may be calm, but his machines are broadcasting bad vibes. She tells Bo to rest as she and Abe leave.

Patch tells Stephanie not to disturb Kayla. He fills her in on Kayla's cramps. Stephanie says, "I just wish you would tell me what's going on. Does it have to do with Ava or not."

Patch says, "I didn't quite catch that. Could you whine it again? " Stephanie decides to trust him. She's always had bad judgment. Patch leaves.

Marlena joins John. They bicker about why he invited her to dinner. Marlena claims he lured her there. John wants to put the business of the docks behind them. Marlena asks, "Why do you suddenly care what I think of you?" John grins.

Kayla, who has been sleeping on the couch through all this, wakes and thinks maybe Patch went for food. The woman's become an eating machine. Stephanie sends her to the bedroom for a post-nap nap. Kayla leaves and Max shows up. He knows Stephanie got a call from Patch and asks what's up.

"How did you know I got that call," asks Stephanie.

"Maggie's on the job," says Max, "Eternal vigilance is the hallmark of a world-class busybody."
She says if she tells, he has to promise not to blab.

Bo is restless. Lexie comes back in and tells him whatever is going on could affect his health. Having her as a doctor could affect it more. Bo asks her to trust him. Lexie agrees but they both decide to call out the Marines if Hope isn't back by morning. If they call the Marines instead of the SPD, they might actually find her. He asks about Roman. Lexie says he will be back tomorrow.

"How do you know that," asks Bo.

"Maggie's on the job," says Lexie, "Eternal vigilance is the hallmark of a world-class busybody."


Patch joins them. Lexie tells him not to get Bo riled up. She leaves. Bo riles.

Ava thinks once Daddy sees how much Patch has helped her he will accept him. Hope/Kayla says their love is great and won't be able to get Patch away from her. She tells Ava they met 20 years ago. Ava is shocked to know Hope/Kayla has known him that long. Hope/Kayla says it took a while but she finally landed him and they were in love. She says he only loved Ava because he wasn't with her, "Everyone thought he died."

Marlena agrees to sit down, but not to have a drink. John tells her he doesn't know why her opinion of him matters, but it does. That would make Marlena happy if he were having memories.

"Don't start in with that again," says John, "You're smart, classy and have gone out of your way to help me."

"One out of three ain't bad," says Marlena.

"That's my way of apologizing," says John, "Don't try to analyze me."

"We'll see," says Marlena. John tells her the box on the table is for her, "It won't bite."

"There is more than one way to be bitten," says Marlena. She opens the box. Bright light floods Chez Rouge. There are no diamonds left in South Africa.

John smiles, "All is forgiven, right?"

Marlena scowls, "Wrong."

Stephanie fills Max in on the situation. Max thinks this will stress Kayla, but he's glad she told him. "This has me scared and worried," says Stephanie.

"And whiney," says Max. He asks if Stephanie wants him to snoop around. Stephanie tells him Ava's dad is a crime boss. Max reconsiders, "In any event," says Max SAY IT WITH HIM, "I will be there for you." Hugs. Stephanie bites her lip. Don't we wish that were permanent.

Hope/Kayla tells Ava about the bomb incident long ago and then Patch coming back last year. She says he was only with Ava when he didn't know who he was, "Once he remembered, he remembered me."

Loony Ava visits the dark side, "You don't know when to shut up do you?" Ava may be a wack-job, but she got that one right.

Hope goes bonkers and says she is upset about being kidnapped, "So we are both upset. Let me go and we'll call it even."

"No."

Patch tells Bo he knows Hope is with a woman named Ava Vitali. He tells him about the call he got from Hope. Bo rages, "What the hell is going on?"

Patch fills him in and tells him Ava caused the plane crash. She's threatening Kayla and the unborn child. Patch can't call the cops because he can't get a bead on her.

"If you can't call the cops, why not call Maggie," asks Bo, "She's always on the job. Eternal vigilance is the hallmark of a world-class busybody."

Patch drops the big bomb, "For some reason the crazy bitch thinks Hope is Kayla."

John is confused, "You don't like it?"

"You were right when you said you weren't remembering," says Marlena, "If so you would know things like this don't matter to me. I prefer pearls."

John says, "It's not a bribe, it's a gift." Speaking of bribes Marlena throws the customs agent in his face.

"I read diamonds are a girls best friend."

"My best friend is my husband," says Marlena, "and I miss him. Diamonds are a close second."

Max and Stephanie are glued to each other. Max says, "There is something I want to tell you and I would want it to be more romantic, but this will have to do."

"What is it," asks the ever-curious Stephanie.

Max is tongue-tied, "I... uh... feel... very strongly for you." Stephanie giggle-cries.

Hope wants Ava's story. It starts in bed. We flash back to a hot time in the silk sheets. Patch says, "The old man would kill me if he knew I was here. But it makes it a little more exciting."

"It couldn't be more exciting," says Ava.

"This is DOOL," says Patch, "Watching garbage rot is more exciting. I love you, baby."

"Make an honest woman out of me," begs Ava.

"I don't think Daddy would approve."

"I don't care what Daddy thinks."

"Daddy cares," says Patch. Ava asks if Patch is worried about what Daddy might do to him. Patch is worried Daddy will keep them apart. Ava thinks marriage solves that. Silk sheet round two starts up.

Ava tells Hope/Kayla Patch loved her more than anyone and will again.

Patch tells Bo to calm down. Bo explodes, "You wait for a phone call while Ava does God knows what to my wife!"

God pipes in, "What makes you think I know? I have to check with Maggie. "Eternal vigilance is the hallmark of a world-class busybody."

Marlena is sorry John went to all this trouble and expense. He can't buy her forgiveness like he did the customs agent, "It's wrong, immoral and illegal."

"Your point," asks John.

Stephanie's reaction wasn't exactly what Max wanted. "I'm sorry," mocks Stephanie, "but I FEEL STRONGLY?. Are you afraid to say THE word?"

Max insists he doesn't know what she's talking about. Plymouth Rock must have a higher IQ than Max. He says, "Thank you for ruining the moment."

"For the record," says Stephanie "I'm not afraid to say it. I just haven't gotten around to it. Love. There. Are you happy?" Whether he's happy or not, Max figures that's his cue. He moves in. Kayla comes out and watches the uncle counsel his niece.

Ava says she and Patch had wonderful times together, but she only wants to talk about her future with him. Hope wants proof that Patch loves her. She dares her to call him and get him there.

Patch vows to get Hope back safely. He doesn't have any idea how Ava thought Hope was Kayla. Bo says, "Nothing better happen to Hope. If she is hurt in any way, I will kick your butt!"

John and Marlena go over the same ground. Marlena wants her real husband not the necklace. She books. On the way out, she gives the necklace to Maggie.

Kayla makes a strategic sound. Max and Stephanie come up for air. She reminds them everyone doesn't remember Max was adopted, "You should be prepared for comments, especially from that bigmouth Prevuze, who will have a field day with this."

Hope/Kayla doesn't want to upset Ava. She just wants to get back to her life. "We'll see who gets what she wants," sneers Ava.

"OK," goads Hope/Kayla, "But first you gotta make the call."

Patch says he will handle things. He gets a call. "It's restricted," says Patch, "It could be her."

Maggie opens the box and gasps. She says she can't accept it. "Well then," says Marlena, "sell it and give the money to charity." Marlena leaves.

Maggie contemplates the situation, "I'll have this all over town in fifteen minutes. Eternal vigilance is the hallmark of a world-class busybody." She takes the diamonds back to John's table, "That didn't go well, did it?"

"Not exactly," says John, "I'm not good at the man-woman thing."

"That might not be true," says Maggie, "A lot of women would go gaga over this."

"Not that woman," says John. Maggie says if he really wants to impress Marlena, he should do what she suggested – sell it and give the money away. John doesn't want to impress her any more, "She's too high maintenance."

"We know that isn't true," says Maggie. Uh-oh. Looks like her eternal vigilance has failed her at last.

Kayla says she's happy not to have Patch hovering over her, "You know your dad – he never stops worrying."

Patch answers the phone. It's Ava. He asks to talk to Hope/Kayla. Ava says no, but assures him she is all right. Ava tells him to meet her in the alley by the roadhouse where they used to meet.

"Will Kayla be with you," asks Patch.

The wackadoodle snorts, "Stop asking questions if you want see your pregnant little wife again."

"She's not so little," says Patch, "She's been hitting the chips and dip pretty hard lately."

Previews
========

You can watch the previews later today on our PREVUZE II website.

19 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Loony Ava visits the dark side, "You don't know when to shut up do you?" Ava may be a wack-job, but she got that one right.

…and so does Prevuze!!!

"The old man would kill me if he knew I was here. But it makes it a little more exciting."

"It couldn't be more exciting," says Ava.

"This is DOOL," says Patch, "Watching garbage rot is more exciting. I love you, baby."


Aha, DOOL is the compost heap of soap operas. OK, we get it. We’ve had enough of the Hopla and Ava sparring match. Sometimes, I am truly amazed how the same thing can be said in so many different ways. Does this equate into real writing talent or just a dearth of ideas? After Statch tells Bo that Ava’s connected to his wife’s disappearance, he just meekly accepts Statch’s request not to call in the troops. That is just silliness.

"I'm sorry," mocks Stephanie, "but I FEEL STRONGLY?. Are you afraid to say THE word?"

Max insists he doesn't know what she's talking about. Plymouth Rock must have a higher IQ than Max.


At least Plymouth Rock doesn’t accessorize with a pencil.

John doesn't want to impress her any more, "She's too high maintenance."

"We know that isn't true," says Maggie. Uh-oh. Looks like her eternal vigilance has failed her at last.


Very funny, Prevuze!!!!!

All the photos and captions are great especially Ava and Looney Tunes!!!

5:25 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

LOL! Great Prevuze! Love the "SAY IT WITH HIM" before Max's line, and I was laughing at the John drugs pic. Too funny.

ps - forgot to comment last weekend but I LOVED the Belle/Shawn voyage story.

Thanks again for a great Prevuze!

6:06 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

"Eternal vigilance is the hallmark of a world-class busybody."

Maggie & I will be watching for more I know repetion has been done before, but it DOES work so well! I giggled from the first repeat on . . .

And I hope we continue to get snapshots from the voyagers, Shawn & Belle. I love seeing what they're up to. (How DO they afford the gas?)

6:43 AM  
Blogger Deb said...

Missed Prevuism of the Decade!

John says, "It's not a bribe, it's a gift. I read diamonds are a girls best friend."

No he really heard Ron White say "Diamonds, that'll shut her up" and he was hoping.

If it wasn't for the spoilers, and the knowledge that soon, (PLEASE LET IT BE SOON!) Ejami will be back, I swear I wouldn't even bother with DOOL. Not that I do much lately anyway, other than reading Prevuze and maybe once a week zapping through an episode or two. FF is the only way to watch DOOL, unless you need a sleeping pill.

New blog today friends and neighbors, read, enjoy, and comment!!
These Are The Daze Of Our Lives

8:10 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I can't believe Jawn is even bothering trying to win over Marlena. I liked it better when he was zinging her with snarky comments.

So Stephanie told Max. Can't ANYONE in Salem keep a secret?!??

LOL over the Shawn/Belle picture. Another one it took me in my pre-coffee state to get. HAHAHAHA
I also liked "If they call in the Marines instead of the SPD, they might actually find her." So true!

Another excellent, funny Prevuze!

8:39 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Prevuze II?

9:11 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Max is tongue-tied, "I... uh... feel... very strongly for you." Stephanie giggle-cries.


Max's tongue always seems busy around the girls, but not tongue tied.What the heck is a giggle-cry?

She tells Ava they met 20 years ago. Ava is shocked to know Hope/Kayla has known him that long.

Did Ava thing she got Patch fresh out of the box? Ava is a curious mixture of information and misinformation. Maybe she should talk to Maggie.

10:22 AM  
Blogger Prevuze said...

What the heck is a giggle-cry?

That's giggling and crying at the same time with maybe just a tad more emphasis on the giggle, as opposed to the cry-giggle which emphasizes more crying. It is difficult to say what emotion induces the giggle-cry. Perhaps we are to infer Stephanie was happy Max expressed his emotions, but sad he has the communications skills of a ballplayer who just took a fastball in the temple. Whatever the case, most experts agree mastering the art of the giggle-cry should be left to those who are more accomplished nutjobs.

11:05 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Long time reader first time commenter! Thank You Prevuze! Prevuze you make this show bearable. It took me a moment but once I got the Fillup joke I lmao! Can't wait for tmorrow's prevuze finally some EJ and Sami! Hopefully they can breathe some life into this snoozefest it's been way too boring for too long! Maybe TPTB could do us all a favor and get Stephano out of his Catatonic state! Oh and could the writers please, please, go back on strike! Thanks again Prevuze for the great entertainment. Keep up the hard work, watching this garbage rot, so some of us can be spared the agony! I know my Zapper has been overused. Hopefully the dialogue gets better and the SL moves at a faster then molasses pace soon. But I wont hold my breath, this is DOOL after all.

11:36 AM  
Blogger Prevuze said...

Long time reader first time commenter!

Always happy to have new commenters. Comments have been down lately, but hits have been up. Go figure. We sincerely appreciate every comment as well as all our readers. Look at it this way, I've read Prevuze. My entertainment is the comments!

11:47 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

"Always happy to have new commenters. Comments have been down lately, but hits have been up. Go figure. We sincerely appreciate every comment as well as all our readers. Look at it this way, I've read Prevuze. My entertainment is the comments!"

Aw, Prevuze, everything you do for us, I need to comment more often! I used to, but there's just not much to say anymore. I mean, each day I could make a list of all the illogical, stupid BS that goes on, but everyone already knows this is the way it is. So I just keep my mouth shut : )

But thanks so much again Prevuze!!!

1:32 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Once again the writers have done their homework.

Hope/Kayla tells Ava she and Steve have been together for 20 yrs, huh?

Well, that means Stephanie isn't any older than 19.

Which means she couldn't serve alcohol on the charter flights to Vegas all summer and certainly doesn't put her in her second year of college!

2:02 PM  
Blogger carol101 said...

You can certainly be in your second year of college at the age of nineteen my daughter was. Although she never served drinks in the air and I think thats where the rub is. In the air. Prevuze is the best! it is the first thing I do in the morning while the coffee is making. Thats 5:30 a.m. cst.How sick is this I check the comments off and on all day. Just to see everyones oppinion. Too funny. Love you don't know what I would do with out you. Oh Yeah .... watch the drivel unravel. It has been a very slow couple of weeks without Ejami. Hears to you prevuze for making it soooo much better than it actually is.

3:00 PM  
Blogger Applecheeks said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

7:42 PM  
Blogger Applecheeks said...

I managed to squeeze in my all-important Prevuze read about mid-morning. Just in time to get me through the rest of the day. However I've been remiss in not squeezing in my comments.

And I really will need to squeeze - everyone has made about the same comments I would have.

There was one picture that I lost it over that hasn't been mentioned....Chloe's audition for Die Whinerbutt!! How appropriate.

I agree with Bulldog's comment about John trying to get on Marlena's good side. But at least he didn't seem to take her rejection to heart. His reaction to her flouncing out of the room was classic Jawn.

BTW - he could send that necklace my way if he'd like.

And although it's been mentioned several times already - I got a great kick out of Maggie's eternal vigilance.

7:46 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

My point was more that they've played up those girls to be far older than 21, and the blooper being that Kayla/Steve have known each other for 20 yrs. Math just doesn't work. They knew each other for a long time before they got married and pregnant with Stephanie.

(sorry to post as anonymous but I have a blogger account and can't remember what it is!)

8:41 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

God pipes in, "What makes you think I know? I have to check with Maggie. "Eternal vigilance is the hallmark of a world-class busybody."

ROFL! I am a first-time visitor & poster, having just been sent the link by a friend.

You should put out a WARNING: do not attempt to eat or drink when reading this site - could cause food or drink to be expelled out of your nose/mouth from laughing.

GREAT recaps! You should be a writer on DOOL (or are you already?)

10:26 AM  
Blogger Prevuze said...

GREAT recaps! You should be a writer on DOOL (or are you already?)

Is my writing THAT bad?

10:55 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

LOL no! Your writing is fabulous! DOOL could use a talent like you! It would certainly make the show more interesting!

12:38 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


Blogarama     Globe Of Blogs