Friday, February 15, 2008

Kick Back – Do Juice

Note: Today's posting is based on the audio portion of the show only, because we just hate it when we are on the road and things go right.

Frustration and blithering reign at the cop shop. Max says he took Caroline home to get her off the set.

We pan through the stark and barren landscape of remote Greenland. Snow. Ice. Plane parts. It's like a National Geographic special gone bad. More snow. More ice. Petroglyphs. Oh, waitaminute. Those aren't petroglyphs. I think it's a couple of bodies... eeeeeuuuuwwwwwww. Inside the plane... stillness.

Up front, John stirs. He looks at the unconscious Patch, "What? Do I have to save your life all over again? Where did I land this plane? The North Pole? Santa, I've been a good boy this year. Can I please have a shiny new plane for Christmas? I kinda broke my old one."

Shawn and Belle stir. Belle whines, "Where is Claire?"

"I think she's trying to escape" says Shawn.

Throughout the plane's cabin, we hear moaning, groaning and whining (apparently Chloe is conscious).

John is back with the passengers. Claire wants juice. "Maybe she is my granddaughter," says John, "I want grownup juice." He turns to Belle, "I'm glad you're OK, Dink."

"Tink," says Belle, "You called me Tink."

Shawn and Belle go to check things out. They start to leave without Claire and John protests, "Hey, you can't leave me with this munchkin." He turns to Claire, "No offense."

Chloe moans and groans, "OMG! A broken fingernail! " Belle and Shawn are there. Chloe turns to Phillip who isn't responding. She pounds him to wake him. He tells her to stop and asks about Claire. Belle says she is fine and goes to find Marlena.

Claire wants juice. John hasn't found any yet. "Are we going home," asks Claire.

"This may be it," says John, "Ever live in an igloo?"

"An igloo would be nice compared to some of the rat holes my mom and dad have made me live in," she says.

Stephanie, Max and Chelsea wonder what Roman and Abe are talking about. Max thinks Roman treats him like a kid. "Compared to Roman, Methuselah was a kid," says Stephanie.

Max worries about OMB, "Caroline doesn't do well without him."

Abe rants, "The FAA loses contact with the plane and it goes off radar. What do you think that means?"

"Is that a trick question," asks Roman, "I know I would feel better if John weren't on the plane."

"I'm sure John would, too," says Abe.

Belle discovers Marlena. Shawn discovers Hope. He finds Bo has a pulse, but it's weak. Kayla cries over OMB's lifeless body. Tears, tears, tears. Shawn asks, "Did the impact kill him?"

"No," cries Kayla, "It was a case of chronic stupidity. But he was a hero. He refused to breathe any of the oxygen, and then pulled his tube out of the ceiling so no one else could use it either."

AMAZING! John actually finds some juice for Claire. "How did you find it," she squeals.

"I just melted some of the yellow snow," says John. He toasts his skillful landing, "Bottoms up. Let me give you some advice – never leave other kids in charge of your toys. They break them all the time. Those pilots broke mine. Never take life seriously. Relax, smile, kick back do juice, maybe some weed. Hey, hey, hey, don't drink so fast. Juice goes straight to the head."

"That's OK," says Claire, "I take after my mom. I need to fill the vacuum."

Kayla comes up and sees Patch's crumpled body, "Is he in pain?"

John deadpans, "I don't think he feels much of anything."

Belle tells Shawn she's sorry. He asks her to check on Claire and find firewood.

"It's a miracle we survived," says Chloe.

"That depends on how you feel about being exposed to incessant whining," says Phillip, "OMG! I think my leg is crushed." Chloe goes into full panic mode. She pulls out all the stops and blithers like there is no tomorrow. Phillip degenerates into uncontrollable laughter. It's his fake leg that's crushed. Chloe left her sense of humor back in Ireland.

Marlena finds John. He says Shawn and Belle took Claire. Marlena has a dislocated shoulder. She tried to fix it herself, but couldn't. She asks him to help her. "Is the work ever gonna stop around here," says John.

She tells him what to do, "I may scream, but just keep on doing it."

"If you insist." John twists.

"YEEEEOOOOOWWWWW!"

Kayla begs Patch to talk to her, "I'm pregnant. I'm carrying our baby, Inseam. I need you. Our baby needs you."

Max thinks its ridiculous the FAA can't find the plane. Chelsea asks, "You guys think that Stefano DiMera was behind this?"

Lexie reminds her Stefano's in a coma. Max thinks he could have planned it before he went to dreamland. He thinks EJ's only purpose was to come back and destroy his family, "Your family is evil."

Lexie yells, "Max!"

Kayla bawls. Patch looks up at her, "Sweetness, don't cry." Blither – kiss – kiss – blither – blither - kiss. Patch's chest hurts. Kayla thinks he might have some broken ribs. Patch mumbles, "I made you pregnant."

"You heard that, huh?"

"Is it true?"

"We did it," says Kayla, "We made a baby."

"Has anyone notified the Guinness Book Of World Records," asks Patch.

"YYYEEEEEOOOOWWWWCCCHHHHH!" John stops twisting her arm. "It didn't work," says Marlena, "You have to pull and rotate."

John pulls and rotates. "YEEEOOOOOOOWWWWWWW!" NOT MY LEG!" John pulls and rotates again and things pop in. "Thank you," says Marlena.

"You're welcome," says John. The heavy breathing starts, "I think you like it when I hurt you. That's why you stick around."

Marlena claims she stuck around because she loved him, "Don't forget that."

Max apologizes to Lexie for teeing off on her family. Lexie understands. Max' reminds her his biological father was abusive. Lexie thinks they are lucky their fathers didn't raise them, "I let Stefano talk me into some despicable things but in the end I turned to the values and morals I had been taught, and that's how I became the town nymphomaniac."

Chelsea wants to call Billie. Stephanie says they should wait until they have more facts. Chelsea says the last time she saw Bo, she told him the truth about Ford. Bo said he was disappointed in her. Max steps in and reassures the girls.

Hope frets about Bo. She tells Shawn his dad is very sick. Shawn wonders if that's why he isn't waking up. He beats on him. Maybe that's why he's not waking up. "Mom," gasps Shawn, "He stopped breathing." Hope falls apart. That'll really help Bo. "Breathe," says the basket case, "Fight, Brady!"

Chloe gets on Phillip for laughing. "It's battlefield humor," says Phillip, "Sometimes that's the only way you can get through a terrible situation, like when you're watching DOOL." They try to free his leg. Phillip thinks he will have to detach it, "Will that weird you out?"

"No," says Chloe, "I'm already about as weird as it gets."

Kayla says Patch is cold and wants to examine him. She turns to John, "Will you please go find Marlena and bring me her bag?" John heads out on his mission.

They can't start Bo's heart. Too bad there isn't a doctor on the plane.

Max asks Stephanie how she's holding up. "I feel like I can fall apart any second," she says. She thinks they are cursed. Max insists they are not. Stephanie turns on the waterworks, "For a long time it was just me and my mom and then we got my dad back and now I might be losing them both. I'm soooooo glad you are here."

John walks up to Kayla dragging Marlena. "Why did you bring her with you," asks Kayla.

"You asked me to get the bag," says John.


Patch huffs and puffs and congratulates John on the spectacular landing. John says, "I couldn't have done it without you, wingman." Patch worries about how Kayla is doing. She assures him she is fine. She lifts shirt to look for lacerations.

"You just want to see me naked," says Patch.

Kayla insists that's not the case, "I wasn't blinded in the crash." Patch huffs and puffs. Kayla thinks he may have a punctured lung.

CPR isn't working on Bo. They rip his shirt open. Marlena comes up with her handy dandy defibrillator. "CLEAR!" ZAP!

No news on the home front. No good dialogue either. Abe says, "That was the FAA. John's plane is down."

"CLEAR!" ZAP! Marlena Asks if he suffered trauma before the crash. Hope tells her about his illness. "CLEAR!" ZAP! Hope begs him to come back. Bo breathes. Oh the relief!

Phillip thinks he can fix his leg. "Yeah," says Chloe, "But I'll bet I don't get any piggy back rides for helping you."

Phillip says, "I thought helping the helpless was it's own reward."

"Phillip Kiriakis is not helpless," says Chloe.

Belle leaves Claire with John. John protests as Belle walks off. Belle looks back, "You don't expect me to look after her, do you?"

Claire looks up at John, "HI!"

"Do I scare you," says John.

"Yeah."

"More juice," he asks, "So what do we do now?" Claire decides its time to go home. "Good idea," says John, "Put your hands over your ears." Claire covers her ears as John fires a flare into the sky.

"Ooooooooooo," says Claire, "Prrreeetttttttyyy!"

"Pretty," says John, "So pretty."

Kayla tends to Patch, "I'm going to go look for pain meds for you." She stands up. If you didn't see this one coming, you flunk DOOL 101. The predictable pre problem pregnancy pain strikes again.


Previews
========

You can watch the previews later today on our PREVUZE II website.

31 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

What happened to the pilots? Oh, that’s right. Someone suggested they ended up in water heaters. What happened to the water heaters? Now that Belle and Shawn are preparing for their exit, it is so reassuring that Belle has handed off her Whine Queen title to Chloe. Can we get some cheese with that whine?

He turns to Belle, "I'm glad you're OK, Dink."

"Tink," says Belle, "You called me Tink."


Too bad he didn’t say Twink. That would certainly have been more appropriate.

I still think it’s weird that Marlena is performing all the heavy duty doctoring instead of Kayla. Why would a psychiatrist have a portable defibrillator in her bag? You would think she would be really handy at distributing Prozac to everyone. She got to have a ton of samples.

This disaster flick rip off is supposed to take place over a time period of three or four hours but is taking days off our lives. Sadly, DOOL dispatched Colleen in far less time. The bright spot is that Prevuze is stellar as usual and the photos and captions are great!!

6:03 AM  
Blogger Prevuze said...

Why would a psychiatrist have a portable defibrillator in her bag?

Actually they said the defibrillator was from the plane. Of course, since I could only hear the episode and not see it, the thing may well have been a 12-volt and two jumper cables.

6:09 AM  
Blogger Applecheeks said...

Even with just the audio Prevuze does a better job of entertaining than the DOOL writers. 'Though I will give them props for Jawn's sardonic, dry humor. Too bad they will turn him back into Yawn eventually.

LOL at all of the pics and prevuisms about Chloe's whining.

Claire's juice as melted yellow snow provided a great image while I was trying to drink my latte. I suppose it was better than Jawn alluding to melting the brown snow left in the passenger seats.

Inseam Ohboyohboy. Let the baby name game begin. This should provide nine to twelve months of hilarity. LOLOL

6:22 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I dunno, Prevuze, my answer to the question was Kayla would stand up and we'd have the inevitable early pregnancy faint. Does that at least get me thru DOOL 101 with a D?

I'll be laughing all day over Jawn dragging back Marlena "You asked me to get the bag"
HAHAHHAHA

Great Prevuze and pics! I agree with Applecheeks - a Prevuze with audio only is still better than the real DOOL!

6:44 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

WOW!!!!!!!!!
not only do we have the writers back. plus with cloe back on the show we are now getting Nicole back next month.

7:45 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

I believe defib devices are standard on airplanes so I doubt that it was in Marlena's bag.

The melted yellow snow prevuze-ism had me rolling.... Thanks Prevuze!!!

I wish they'd bring back Pocket.... He and Ciara are about the same age and it'd be cool to see Phillip with his son...

Anyone have any idea wassup with Brady? I wonder if Colleen wanted to kidnap him to protect him from Stefano but maybe Stefano's folks got to Brady first.

Can someone tell me who is Nicole?

7:46 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Nicole Walker was first in love with Eric Brady (Sami's twin brother). She was also in love with Brady Black and married Brady's grandfather, Victor Kiriakis. She wanted Victor killed and asked Jan Spears to do it for her.

7:53 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Also, Kate paid Nicole a million dollars or some huge amount to marry Lucas because he was in love with her. That didn't last long. It was another in a long list of reasons Lucas disowned Kate.

Nicole's mother Fay worked in a diner and long ago had a fling with Abe Carver. Their son was Nicole's half brother Brandon. They don't mention him at all any more. Which is OK with me, I didn't care too much for the actor who played Brandon.

8:05 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Really sad and pathetic for Shawn Sr. to be on the show all this time and they have him go out like that. Meaning pretty much committing suicide for absolutely no reason, and stupidly rendering his oxygen useless to anyone else. Pitiful.

8:10 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

My guess is that Nicole will come back and help in the search for Brady and that will end up to be yet another triangle or square with Chloe, Brady, Nicole and possibly Phillip. I don't actually remember if Nicole left town or if they just stop referring to her. Also I'm going to guess that Brady is with the Alamains for some reason - which will hopefully bring back Vivian because she was quite funny.

I really hope that John was actually saying some of those lines because they are brilliant. Calling Belle "Dink" almost made me fall of the chair.
~Lisa

8:48 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

SOD cover

Bedroom Masters
DAYS's John and Marlena engage in some sexual healing. [YUCK!]

Zuker, Pease Back To DAYS...DAYS Writers Axed

Interviews

DAYS's Stefano
Joseph Mascolo is a far cry from his menacing alter ego.

SOW cover

DAYS: Marlena And John Make Love!

This Week We Rate
DAYS's John is back in action.

Performers Of The Week
Shelley Hennig and Stephen Nichols (Stephanie and Steve, DAYS)

9:13 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

In an interview, Deidre said that when they filmed these scenes Nadia had brought in motion sickness pills (since the "jet" was moving) and everyone took them and promptly fell asleep. She said that having to fight off drowsiness helped make the scene more realistic.

9:15 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

What is Nicole going to do? I think there are already a lot of single women in Salem and that's the last thing we need. I hope they aren't going to pair her up with EJ. I'm still hoping Sami and EJ will pair up.

9:17 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Don't Catholics consider suicide a mortal sin? I hope OMB doesn't plan on getting a Catholic funeral.

9:20 AM  
Blogger cfish said...

moposh--
OMB didn't REALLY commit suicide. He didn't actively do anything to cause his death, he just didn't take measures to prevent it -- kind of like refusing life support. It's still termed a death due to natural causes.

9:27 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

The SOW cover says Brandon Beemer returning? WTF? Please let him leave first. Good Lord. As for Nicole I have to admit her drunken scenes, especially fighting with Sami, were pretty frickin hilarious so hopefully they bring her back for that. Maybe she'll end up fighting Sami for EJ. Or maybe she's the one for Philip. Though I think we need more hot men on this show because the pickings are getting scarce. If any Days people read this "WE WANT MORE HOT MEN!" and Brandon Beemer does not count.
~Lisa

9:33 AM  
Blogger ~*Robin said...

Ok...I do not see Nicole and Phillip together at all...she married his father! If anyone hooks up with Nicole it will be EJ or maybe even Lucas again if EJAMI are together.

I do agree that they need more good looking younger men. Brady, Eric, Austin and the old Shawn actor were hot...bring more of those types in.

Marlena and John loves scenes..I'm so thankful I just have to read about it in Prevuze.

Thanks for the laughs this morning.

10:12 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am so lucky that I am working from home today. Inseam was a column stopper for sure. I laughed so hard, my cat came in from his treasured outside to see what the commotion was about.

Ciara says "I want to live with Chaco - he has more sense than the rest of my family - he comes inside."

I also think it's great that Nicole is coming back. I hope they keep her as the comic relief (for people who don't read Prevuze that is). Remember the great comic couples like Calliope & Eugene, or the later years of Vivian and Ivan. DOOL can't rely on Prevuze for the only written comedy.

10:18 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Suicide is a mortal sin, but giving your life to save the life of another is supposed to guarantee you a seat in Heaven. OMB sincerely believed he was doing what was necessary to insure that the rest of the folks on the plane survived...I think he's safe.

10:32 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I agree, the comic couples add a nice dimension to the show. This conversation makes me miss Jack.

And yes, some hot guys/couples please?

Folks think that Austin was hot? Well, to each his own. I can see why some folks like Mr. PotatoHead (Philip), but he doesn't do it for me. Too chiseled or something.

Give me more EJs. (fanning self)

How about Zipper for the pending Patch/Kayla baby? We should start a baby name pool.

Great Prevuze -- with special kudos to the 'bag'!

10:34 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Lisa, I'm with you - we need a MORE HOT MEN petition!!!! Right now we only have Philip and EJ.

10:36 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

If any Days people read this "WE WANT MORE HOT MEN!" and Brandon Beemer does not count.


AGREED!!!! I'd rather have Belle stay.

I like Nicole/Arianne, but Salem alreay has too many single women. They got rid of Billie. She didn't have any prospects. They've already brought Chloe back and show no signs of recasting Brady. It just seems like we have a plethora of single women and a shortage of hot, single men--just like IRL. :-(

11:00 AM  
Blogger cfish said...

moposh said, "It just seems like we have a plethora of single women and a shortage of hot, single men--just like IRL. :-("

AMEN SISTER!!!!!

11:30 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

The last time Marlena flew with John, she had to ditch the plane.
So, where's Smokey Robinson when you need him?

12:09 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Chloe's whining was so annoying.

How come Kayla didn't have her doctor's bag with her? After all, she's a doctor doctor and Marlena is a psychiatrist.

Doctor, heal thyself.

1:26 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

moposh said, "It just seems like we have a plethora of single women and a shortage of hot, single men--just like IRL. :-("

AMEN SISTER!!!!!


Hadn't thought about it, but you're right. The IRL (Indy Racing League) Has Milka, Sarah and Sports Illustrated Swimsuit Edition superstar Danica, but they do throw in DWTS winner Helio for balance.

2:57 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Apparently, yesterday was not Valentine’s Day for many Prevuze readers. It was Singles Awareness Day.

3:01 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Robin - at first I thought your comment and the old Shawn actor was referring to OMB. HAHAHAHHA

Of course I realize you meant Jason Cook... .... at least I think you did?

I, too, hope they bring Nicole back and give her some good scenes with Sami. When those two teamed up to destroy Kate there were some really good scenes.

4:00 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Actually, the Catholic Church in the past few years has changed its views when it comes to suicide....they recognize now when people commit suicide that they are in a very different state of mind, it's not normal. They do perform regular funeral/services for people who die in this circumstances these days and it's not considered a sin anymore.


OTOH, Prevuze was hilarious!

the yellow snow, inseam, the "Ciara can take care of herself" pic.....awesome as usual!

5:15 PM  
Blogger fwickafwee said...

yeah, they definitely need to bring in more hot guys. Too bad they couldn't bring back Rex, he was hot. As was Eric even Mike Horton.

Nicole is funny, I concur with everyone who cheered Nicole's scenes with Sami!

5:56 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I gotta mention something here that I don't think I noticed anyone else mention. During the actual scene where the "Kick Back - Do Juice" thing happens, John asks Claire something along the lines of, "You really like that juice, don't ya?" Then Claire responds with, "That's a fact." I laughed SO hard that the girl in the next apartment heard me laughing!! That was so flippin' funny that I can't believe no one else mentioned it. :-)

9:29 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


Blogarama     Globe Of Blogs