Thursday, February 14, 2008

Before The Devil Knows I'm Gone

Roman busts into Abe's office and asks what's going on. Abe says the pilots missed their position report. Roman wonders if it's a radio problem. Abe thinks there is a bigger problem, "The pilots failed to make their mid course adjustments and at their present air speed they are way off their landing coordinates."

"What the hell does that mean," asks Roman.

"I don't have a clue," says Abe, "But it sure sounded like I knew what I was talking about, didn't it?"

The nightmare at sea level continues. On board the plane we se...

A reader raises her hand, "Hold it, Prevuze. You said, 'nightmare at sea level.' Isn't the plane still up in the air? Shouldn't that be 'nightmare at 35,000 feet?' I don't understand."

Prevuze says, "That's a very good observation. But sea level is the approximate elevation of your home. The nightmare isn't on the plane. The nightmare is having to watch this cra... drivel, so that's why it's the 'nightmare at sea level.'

She gets it, "Aha! But I don't read Prevuze at home. I read it at work, and I'm on the 37th floor of a skyscraper in East McKeesport. So it's not at sea level. What do you have to say about that?"

Prevuze carefully considers the question and then says, "As far as the sea-level thing goes, I think you just have to kind of go with the flow. As far as reading Prevuze at work... just don't get fired."

"I won't get fired," says the reader, "I just read Prevuze on my breaks."

"It's not that," says Prevuze, "It's the fact that I'm sure your employers want sane people working there, and if they find out you watch DOOL, they will no doubt question your sanity."


The nightmare at sea level continues.

28:48... John updates Patch on the situation. "If we don't get control of the plane we will crash," says Patch.

John tosses a few quips back at him. Patch screams that he is sick of John's cavalier attitude. John vows to regain control of the craft, "Don't worry. I'm gonna bring the baby in for a landing. The rest of the passengers, too." He wonders who is behind this.

The passengers squirm and shiver. Shawn, Belle and Claire have three masks, all working. Kayla and Marlena discuss the situation. Not good. Hope says Bo will be fine. OMB refuses to put his mask on. Hope begs. OMB has decided to die. Hope at least asks him to put it on while she goes to get Kayla, "She has a right to know what you are about to do." OMB agrees. Hope gets Kayla. They get back to the seat and see Bo is out cold. Hope tells her OMB wants to die.

"So what's the problem," asks Kayla.

Abe calls for info as Caroline and Max arrive. Roman tires to reassure Caroline. Abe gets off the phone and reports that there is no change. Roman figures they will run out of fuel and there is no safe place to land.

Phillip begs Chloe to stay awake and keep breathing. God knows why. Belle frets over Claire. Shawn wonders what's up with Hope and OMB. Marlena tells him not to talk and waste oxygen. "That's OK," says Shawn, "My brain is so far gone it doesn't matter if it gets oxygen or not."

Kayla tells OMB she's pregnant and her grandbaby needs to know him. He says the baby won't know anyone unless she lets him go. Kayla freaks. OMB says, "Don't worry. I will be up there watching you."

Colleen shouts from the great beyond, "I hate to tell you, Shawny, but your reservation is DOWN HERE."

OMB says he will miss Caroline most of all, "Let me go before the devil knows I'm gone." He yanks his tube out of the ceiling. Hope and Kayla gasp and blither.

7:14... Patch tells John they can do this, "Now lets figure out what to do." John wants to dump the fuel. Patch agrees. He gets up to find the switch.

Hope can't believe OMB is really gone. She pulls his blanket over his body, "We can't tell the others. Not yet."

Belle and Marlena shiver, gasp and flip out. "I can't breathe," says Belle, "There must not be much oxygen left."

Marlena is amazed Belle could figure that out, "The world is going to miss that brain."

Hope cries, "Kay, is what Bo has... is he gonna die?"

"In about five minutes," says Kayla.

"Your father's sacrifice can't be in vain," says Hope.

Patch discovers a small explosive has caused all the damage, "These wires are fried. There are two of them. Which one controls the flight controls?"

"Gotta be one or the other," says John.

"I could have figured that out myself," says Patch.

Roman, Abe and Max are on phones. Max is trying to call people on the plane with no luck. Roman says Homeland Security has determined this isn't a terrorist threat. It's someone's act of mercy. Abe gets off the phone, "The Greenland tracking station has them on radar. It's not long before they run out of fuel."

0:39... Patch asks how long until they are out of fuel. John says not soon enough because his oxygen is almost depleted. So, apparently, John would rather go down in flames.

0:00... "There is no more air," says Chloe, "I don't want to die! So much whining, so little time."

The passengers gasp. Belle sobs for Claire. Shawn tells Belle he loves her. Hope cries. Marlena gasps, "John!"

Hope and Kayla's air runs out. Hope turns to Bo, "I love you, Brady."

Kayla strokes OMB's body, "I love you, pop." She whispers, "I love you, Steve."

Patch works the wires and passes out. Now, it's all up to John. He ditches his mask and takes another. As he turns blue, he twists wires together. Pan through the dying passengers.

Stephanie cries, "I know something's wrong up there!"

"How long did it take you to figure that out," asks Max.

"Let's not panic before we have the facts," says Abe, "Then, let's panic. There is no point in blind speculation. And I ought to know. I've been blind more than a whole bevy of bats."

Silence in the passenger cabin. A welcome relief if you're sitting near Chloe.

And then... finally, an interesting development on DOOL...

SIGNAL LOSS DETECTED.

Sorry, gang. Check back in later. We will continue to monitor the situation and will bring you the exciting conclusion when they reefed the show.

NOTE: The loss of signal is NOT, repeat NOT a Prevuze trick. Although we are kind of sorry we didn't think of it.


Signal reacquired. We pick up the heart-stopping action.

We pan through the silent cabin. John twists wires, as he turns blue. We hear whirring sounds. BINGO! Air flows. Patch wakes up. John says they dumped the fuel but have no flight controls.

The cabin shakes. People start to wake up, gasping for air. "Good," says Phillip, "Now we get to watch the crash."

John and Patch work feverishly. "Get your nose up, baby," says John. Back in the cabin, Claire looks up. Belle looks up.

The passengers shake and shimmy. John tells Patch they are out of fuel, but he has some control. Marlena wakes up and begs Shawn and Belle to wake up. Claire is OK.

Phillip discovers Chloe is alive, but decides life is worth living anyway.

John's phone rings. It's Marlena. He tells her they will be able to land, probably sooner and harder than they like.

Marlena turns around and barks orders, "Brace yourselves."

Bette Davis shouts, "Fasten your seat belts. It's going to be a bumpy ride."

Caroline is exasperated. Abe says they have done everything they can and there is no evidence of foul play. Chelsea and Stephanie panic. Lexie is the voice of reason, and when Lexie is the voice of reason you know you are in trouble.

Abe suggests, "Roman and I can handle the situation. Why don't the rest of you go back to the pub and get drunker than skunks? " Caroline ain' goin' nowhere. Abe gets a call and announces, "They're patching me through. There has been a change in status."

Chloe thinks they are going down too fast. Belle comforts Claire. Fear abounds. Belle stops Shawn from going up front. Kayla looks at OMB and cries. Patch and John struggle with the controls. Bo asks what's wrong with OMB. He uncovers him and discovers the awful truth.

"Bo, I'm sorry," says Hope.

Abe says, "The plane just went off radar."

Caroline cries and chokes, "Dear God!"

"What does that mean," asks Chelsea.

"I think it means the plane went off radar," says Abe.

Patch sees land. John asks, "Tell me, Deadeye, are you a betting man?"

"When the odds are in my favor," says Deadeye.

"Forget it then."

Patch whispers, "I love you, Sweetness."

Bo begs OMB to wake up. Kayla tells Bo about his sacrifice. Bo rages, "It was supposed to be me!"

"He died a hero," says Kayla. Bo breaks down. Kayla's eyes say it all.

Bo wants to go up front and help. Hope begs him to stay with her.

Patch prays, "Dear Lord, when we hit the ground please cushion the blow a bit. Amen." John gives him a weird look that says "WTH."

Abe says all he knows is the plane is off radar. Roman goes to phone NORAD. Caroline takes out her rosary.

Belle and Shawn express their love.

"God help us," says Chloe.

John orders, "Keep the nose up!" Patch looks up. John announces they have no landing gear.

We can't panic says Lexie. They all panic.

John says, "Pull back as hard as you can." Back in the cabin, everyone loves everyone. Well, maybe except Chloe.

John yells, "This is it!"

Patch yells, "Aaarrrrrrrggggghhhhh!"

Flash to the passenger cabin, "SCREAM!"

The screen goes black.


Previews
========

NOTE: Prevuze II will be up later this afternoon due to the network misfeed.

You can watch the previews later today on our PREVUZE II website.

27 Comments:

Blogger Quiet one said...

I haven't been able to keep up with Prevuze or with the show, but judging from the comments nothing much has changed.

Did anyone else hear Nicole Walker is coming back? Maybe that'll liven things up.

Loved all the "pilot announcements". As usual Prevuze makes my day even when I can't read the whole thing! Thanks!

3:57 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh thats just mean!!! I have to go to work now and its going to kill me all day wondering how the show really ends. AHAHHHHHH!!!

4:18 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I almost spit on my monitor reading Prevuze today, especially the part about reading while at work because that's where I always read Prevuze. The pictures with the "this is your pilot speaking" captions were hilarious too.

I can't wait to see how it ends (not Days but Prevuze).

4:38 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oxygen is in short supply, and OMB yanks his out of the ceiling, rendering it useless to anyone?

LOL!

6:14 AM  
Blogger Applecheeks said...

Em - that's just what I thought!

Fabulous set of Jawn pictures. I especially liked the one asking about the "red numbers". LOLOL

At least something suspensful is coming out of today's show - wondering how Prevuze turns out!

Looking forward to the exciting conclusion later.

6:20 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

When DOOL is at its most dismal, Prevuze really ramps it up! I just couldn’t stop laughing. I especially enjoyed your conversation with the reader about the “nightmare on sea level”. I can relate. I’m sitting here typing away on company equipment on the 31st floor of a downtown building. It’s a good thing my boss is on vacation because I lost it several times while reading your recap. The series of “this is your pilot speaking” captions are hysterical. I surely hope you regain your signal very soon.



Happy Valentine’s Day to Prevuze, the regulars, and everyone else just lurking out there in cyberspace! XXX OOO XXX OOO XXX

6:27 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Way to go OMB! I can't believe he sacrifices his life but at the same time yanks out his oxygen mask so no one else can use it. This show kills me! I kindof wish it had ended at the same place Prevuze lost feed - would we have lost anything, really?

The fact that OMB is dead and everyone else makes it despite the crash sortof kills the moment of suspense for me.

Is it me - or has the acting actually gotten worse (is that even possible?)

7:29 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

OK, just give Claire some cookies and she'll be fine. They are seriously gonna make that baby fat before her time. Hello, healthy snacks ring a bell, Belle?

I can't figure out what OMB meant by (paraphrase) "let me go before the devil know's I'm gone". Huh? is Caroline the Devil, or John, or one of the Brady adult kids? And him yanking out the WORKING air mask-d'oh.

So why dump the fuel after restoring air? how 'bout using it to coast to a lower altitude, and then maybe hydra landing softly or finding another uncharted island?

TG, no Lumi/Ejami.

Just had to comment today. Sorry for ranting/obvious.

Did anyone else recall the "numbers" being used in Y/R episode when the building crumbled? Copycats or whatever.

Prevuze, THANK YOU, I can HONESTLY say I haven't watched Days in weeks. You are sooooooo much better at keeping us informed and amused.

- nanny_74

7:32 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Big ass thud! I love it!
Prevuze, I read your site everyday (i mean, everyday!) and I LOVE IT!
I never tell you and hardly comment, but I appreciate your humor and what you do for us!

There is another person who does a day ahead and thrives on people thank ing her for her kindness...so I thank her, but I never thank you and I enjoy yours so much more!

Prevuze is my daily laugh! Y'all are so smart!
So THANK YOU from the bottom of my laugh! It's so much fun to have you in my life!
Ursta

7:44 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Anonymous, OMB's comment refers to an Irish saying that includes this line, "May you be in heaven half an hour before the devil knows you're dead."

And gee, I think Valentine's Day is perfect for a Sami/EJ appearance. (Not missing Lucas one little bit.)

And about that fuel dumping . . . I thought they were not able to dump fuel just a couple of days (:30) ago. wth?

7:44 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

(let me go before the devil know's I'm gone".) - pertains to an Irish saying: May I be in heaven a half hour before the devil knows I am gone. They were able to dump the fuel because they "fixed" the wires and regained some controls.

8:05 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Kayla tells OMB she's pregnant and her grandbaby needs to know him.

HA this must have been a freudian slip!!!!

9:13 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

The first incomplete version was very good, but WOW, you outdid yourself finishing up this episode.

But did Chloe HAVE to recover?

I'm still chuckling at the 'big ass thud' caption.

Well done, Prevuze!

9:14 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

With the dumping of the fuel, I think it's so the plane will go down quicker, so that they can get some oxygen. Because otherwise they would have been flying for another 30 minutes after ran out of air. But if dump fuel, get to lower altitudes where oxygen levels increase. But i dunno, that's the only excuse i could come up with...

9:32 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Was "Colleen is frustrated" a typo and you meant Chelsea or perhaps did they show Santeen watchin' the drama and her sayin' "Oh good lard, get on with it!" right along with the rest of us? ;}

And Marlena called Jawn in the cockpit? Guess they found a cell phone tower close by now.

Loved the Jawn pictures and the nightmare at sea level. HAHAHAHA

Thanks, Prevuze, for fighting to continue the drama so we could read to the big cliffhanging conclusion.

9:53 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I thought fuel was dumped to avoid an explosion in a crash landing.

But I don't read Prevuze for the learnin', just for the fun!

Yes, I am now checking into Prevuze multiple times a day for comic comment updates.

9:58 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thank y'all for explaining the Irish saying for me. Gawd I feel awful not knowing it (being 1/4 Irish).

Still laughing at the hose attached to Shawn and Belle's car, and the last "big ass thud".

- nanny_74

10:24 AM  
Blogger cfish said...

Just wanted to say I LOVED the "This is your pilot speaking..." pictures -- just as good as the "Listen up, people..." pictures from a couple of days ago.

And as to the Irish saying -- there's a country song called "If You're Goin' Through Hell (Keep On Goin'), and one of the lyrics is "you might get out before the Devil even knows you're there". Of course, that song has been stuck in my head ALL DAY!!!! Good thing I'm not Shawn or Belle or I'd have a real crisis on my hands!!!

10:39 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

So, OMB bites it before the crash and from spoilers I've heard about it doesn't appear that anyone else dies due to the crash. Maybe I'm just bloodthirsty.

I'll actually get to see this episode tomorrow. I'm holding my breath in anticipation of the edge of the seat action.

I, too, read Prevuze at work. I sneak peeks throughout the day feeling like an ISA agent.

11:27 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I glanced up at the tv to see OMB huddled in the blanket and thought he joined the convent too.
Re: Bo and his cancer...maybe the Salem hospital got his test results mixed up with someone else. It's been known to happen in that lab. I hope so anyway.

12:07 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

It’s a good thing my boss is on vacation

Leslie...Maybe Prevuze IS your boss!

also, I think they dumped the fuel because they couldn't shut down the engines. No controls you know. And when Prevuze put "Colleen is exasperated" I think she meant Caroline.

Ain't I just chuck full of info today?

OH and who wants to bet Bo gets OMB's liver or kidney or gall bladder or whatever is killing him?

12:11 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh, the fuel is dumped to lessen the weight of the aircraft;
"Airplanes have to dump fuel because of landing weight requirements dictated by structural limitations of the aircraft or the length and condition of the runways. The difference between a takeoff weight and a landing weight can be as high as a hundred thousand pounds or more"
I thought it was to lessen the chance of fire/explosion upon crashing. Who knew?

12:12 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Also...what the hell is with this Soprano's ending?

12:14 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oxygen is in short supply, and OMB yanks his out of the ceiling, rendering it useless to anyone?

My thoughts exactly.

So OMB commits suicide. I think if he'd continued to share, he could have held on. Why give up? That's selfish.

I hope Nicole doesn't come back. The last thing Salem needs is more single women!

12:35 PM  
Blogger Prevuze said...

Was "Colleen is frustrated" a typo and you meant Chelsea or perhaps did they show Santeen watchin' the drama and her sayin' "Oh good lard, get on with it!" right along with the rest of us? ;}

Typo. Thanks. It should read "Caroline is exasperated," and I have made the change in the post.

1:05 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

According to both the actors, Marlena dislocates her shoulder during the plane crash will still manage to do the horizontal mambo with John in a little climate controlled tent. Well, kids, we have yet another reason to keep that DVR or Tivo set to record every heart thumping moment of DOOL. I can hardly wait for the geezer sex Prevuisms.

2:24 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Prevuze - unbelievably good - I don't see how you can ever top this one. Though you always manage to somehow.

Now in what world does some cop from some podunk midwest town get to call NORAD. I'm sorry, but the situation on the ground was less believeable that the flying cra@#$# story.

I'm actually one storey below sea level now. I must be sane though - I don't watch DOOL - I read prevuze!

2:26 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


Blogarama     Globe Of Blogs