Tuesday, December 11, 2007

The Gossip Gods

The satellite equipment failed early on in the feed today. Sometimes we had sound, sometimes we had a near-picture, so we've pieced together what we could. We'll work on it today and see if we can get it fixed for tomorrow. In the meantime, there may be a few gaps in today's posting.

The big Salem High reunion is typical of all high school reunions. A group of guys stands off in the corner watching paint dry for entertainment. Couples show off. The emcee hands out awards. Couples argue. One argument in particular brews as we join Shawn and Chloe.

Chloe tells Shawn she discovered Belle and Phillip in the hotel room, "I am SO sorry but I HAD to tell you." OMG, what a humanitarian.

Sloooowly he turns. Step by step... he walks over to Belle and confronts her with the issue, "Did you sleep with Phillip?"

Belle evades. She backpedals. She bobs and weaves. She would try the rope-a-dope, but she doesn't have a rope at the moment. One out of two ain't bad, though, "Honey it's not like that. I will explain, but just not here."

No, Shawn thinks she will explain right there. But helpful Chloe gets up on stage and says they are so in love they are completely oblivious to everything else, and didn't realize they were just announced as the high school sweethearts who made it to the altar. She drags them up for the trophy as Phillip watches.

Patch tells Hope what happened with the brake line and gas tank. They think it doesn't make any sense. Hope thought the vendetta was over. Lucas calls Patch. Patch tells Lucas about his breaks being cut, "Whoever did it thought we would be prettier as roadkill." Patch says he has an idea who did it, "I'll bet you do, too." Patch tells Lucas Bo just came into the pub and he has to go. Lucas says he has to go, too and hangs up. Now, that wasn't obvious, was it?

Kayla asks, "So why would they cut the brake lines and empty out the gas"?

Bo says, "Sounds like the DiMeras could be up to their old tricks. Maybe you can teach an old DiMera new tricks."

EJ asks if he can trust Sami. Sami wonders where this is coming from. EJ thinks she's trying to distract him, "I think you know who shot me. Who are you protecting, Samantha?"

Patch says he saw the guy who did it running from the car, "The guy was small and looked like a ninja wannabe." Bo goes with Patch to take a look at the car and asks Hope to call Billie and tell her he needs to see her so he can grill her about Lucas' whereabouts the night of the shooting.

Shawn and Belle stand on stage wearing their ridiculous looking crowns. Chloe congratulates them and asks Shawn what it's like to be married to his high school sweetheart.

Shawn boils inside, "Words can't describe what I feel right now."

Phillip leaves. Cynthia attacks, "I don't remember you being this cute in high school."

"My old face didn't have so many dimples," says Phillip, "But you sure haven't changed."

Cynthia asks about the divorce, "It must have been brutal. That's what the gossip gods tell me, anyway. Did you guys have a pre-nup?"

Phillip snaps, "Don't talk about Belle like that!"

Cynthia may be drunk, and she may be a gold-digging biyotch, but she ain't blind, "You're still hot for her."

Speaking of biyotches, Chloe goes on and on about the lovely couple, "You have so much to be thankful for. Especially you Belle." Belle talks about their wonderful wedding as she holds back the tears.

Sami asks EJ if he thinks she is psychic. EJ says he thinks she knows Lucas shot him. Sami says Lucas just found out her marriage to EJ is real, "You need to realize how weird this is for him. I swear I don't know who shot you."

Billie confronts Lucas. He wants her to lie to Bo when she talks to him.

Sami continues to defend herself to EJ.

Shawn and Belle are finished with their award ceremony. Shawn goes for air. Belle begs him to wait. Penny interrupts Jason as he tries to talk to Phillip. Jason claims he doesn't remember her. She tells him they went through school together from kindergarten to high school. He still doesn't remember. She reminds him he put a stink bomb in her locker. He says if it was a stink bomb, it had to be Lucas.

Even though he doesn't remember her, Jason borrows her camera and goes to take a picture of the marquee. He promises to return the camera.

Shawn broods and remembers telling Phillip to leave Belle alone, and the ensuing fight. We get another look at the scene where Phillip slammed Shawn's head into the bar about a dozen times. He really did some damage to that poor counter top.

Cynthia interrupts Shawn's flashback, "Where is her royal highness? Shining her goodie-two-shoes? Belle interrupts and Cynthia goes trolling elsewhere. Belle attempts to ease the tension a little. She tells Shawn he doesn't understand and uses the standard, "It's not what you think," line.

"Well," says Shawn, "You can take that trophy as a remembrance of our short marriage."

Deep pockets Kevin makes a donation to the school.

Chloe talks to Phillip. He tells her the reunion isn't turning out like he thought it would. "At least no one got pigs blood dumped on them," says Chloe. Phillip starts to leave but Chloe stops him. She tells him she dropped the hotel room bomb on Shawn. In the background, the announcer introduces Phillip to the crowd.

Bo thinks whoever cut the brake line did sloppy work, "Who wants us to think the DiMeras are back in business?"

Lucas swears he didn't shoot EJ but wants Billie to lie for him. Billie goes off the deep end. She could be liable as an accomplice, and could lose her job. Lucas pouts and tells her to forget it. Billie tries to encourage him, "If you didn't shoot EJ everything will be fine. I love you. It will all work out. I gotta go." Billie leaves. Lucas huffs.

Meanwhile, over in Europe, Will checks to see if Switzerland has an extradition treaty with the US.

Sami says, "Don't tell me you're still doubting my feelings. You saw I had those feelings for you before I did." EJ softens and says the apartment needs fixing up. It needs Sami's touch. "I have to go home," says Sami.

"This is your home," says EJ. Sami agrees, but says she has everything set up for the twins over at the other apartment. He wants her to think of his place as her home and wants her to move in. He wants her to hold him in her arms again like she did in the hospital, "All I ever dreamt about was lying beside you as a complete man. There is an honesty in bed. A magic. I know it's not something I can force on you. Again. I know that's how I will truly know how you feel." She moves in for a hot kiss. A knock at the door interrupts. Lucas of course.

Lucas says everyone is gone now and he has to go. Sami says she has to talk to him. She leaves with Lucas. EJ's smile melts.

Shawn rages, "You have three seconds to tell me the truth or I walk. One... two..." Fortunately for Belle, Shawn forgets what comes next.

"OK, OK," she says, "Phillip and I planted that gun you found behind the pub."

Shawn goes off the scale, "How did you get your hands on the gun?"

"I think me getting my hands on the gun has something to do with Phillip getting his hands on me," says Belle, "I knew if you found it, you would be a hero."

"What did Phillip get in return for the gun?"

"He wanted some time alone with me."

Shawn nukes, "I'LL BET HE DID! You think I'm a total loser don't you?"

"That's beside the point."

"Is that what this is about?"

Phillip takes the stage. Cynthia works the crowd. Mr. Adams gives Phillip an award as a true American hero. Phillip is gracious. The crowd cheers.

Belle says she doesn't think Shawn is a loser.

Patch and Bo come back into the pub and tell the girls what they found.

Sami and Lucas talk. EJ listens in on the baby monitor.

Phillip goes back and confronts Chloe about telling Shawn he and Belle were together in the hotel room. He runs out to find Shawn and Belle.

Cynthia takes a picture of Chloe and three others. Someone suggests they get Shawn and Belle for the next shot. Chloe doesn't think that's a good idea right now.

Shawn rages about Belle and Phillip planting the gun, "I'm going to be playing second fiddle to Phillip all the Days Of Our Lives! " He picks up his phone to call and tell Bo what happened.

Phillip comes up, "You'd better put that phone down or you will implicate Belle."

Billie joins Bo in the pub. He asks how things are going with her investigation of the campus rapes, "I'd like to bury that Ford Decker."

"That may not be necessary," says Billie. Bo asks where Lucas was the night EJ was shot.

Lucas tells Sami he has to go. He says he has to pick up a package at the warehouse before it closes. Sami tries to seduce him into staying. Lucas resists. He says the package contains business papers. He leaves, promising he will be back before she knows it.

EJ listens on the baby monitor, "Business papers indeed. We'll see about that." He dials his phone and practices sounding like Lucas. It's a perfect imitation of Mortimer Snerd, which means the people at the warehouse think it's Lucas. Someone answers the phone. "Hi," says EJ, "This is Lucas Horton..."


Previews
========

You can watch the previews later today on our PREVUZE II website.

23 Comments:

Blogger L said...

Matthew Ashford's star shone brilliantly at last night's final dress rehearsal for the sound of music at the Ordway Center in St Paul, MN

If you can go see this fantastic show, do it! Although Jack Deveraux thinks singing in public is unmanly and ridiculous, Matthew Ashford does not, and he has a very beautiful and strong singing voice.

5:09 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Belle evades. She backpedals. She bobs and weaves. She would try the rope-a-dope, but she doesn't have a rope at the moment. One out of two ain't bad, though,

Well at least, Chloe can float like a butterfly and sting like a bee. How long has she been back in town, 10 minutes?...and look at all the trouble she has stirred up.

"At least no one got pigs blood dumped on them," says Chloe.

That’s because Lucas wasn’t in attendance.

What a dynamic duo Kate and Lucas make…a real Batwoman and Robin. Even the SPD is going to figure out that the Dimeras had nothing to do with cutting the brake lines of Steve’s car. Talk about a no brainer.

Bulldog, that photo and caption was hysterical. Neither rain, nor sleet, nor gloom of night, nor a bad satellite feed keeps Prevuze from delivering Daze to the faithful! Wonderful Prevuze even under trying conditions.

5:56 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think Belle and Shawn shouldn't last. There isn't any chemistry at all between the two. I like Philip and Belle together.

6:02 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I agree with the last anonymous. Philip and Belle are good together. TPTB could go a long way towards redeeming smarmy Philip if he can resist Chloe, and stay true to his love for Belle.

6:26 AM  
Blogger cfish said...

" Lucas tells Sami he has to go. He says he has to pick up a package at the warehouse before it closes. Sami tries to seduce him into staying. Lucas resists. He says the package contains business papers. "

Well, that should prove it's a lie right there -- Lucas hasn't had a job in MONTHS!!!

6:41 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I didn't notice many gaps in Prevuze' reporting. Not like the usual gaps in DOOL logic. HAHAHA

Such as, shouldn't Ford's family or someone be asking where he is by now?

And why have to go pick up a package that was supposed to be express delivered to your door?

And, just like when they were in school, the attention revolved only around the BratPack of Phloe and Belch. (If that was your school would you even bother going back for a reunion?)

Loved Belle forgetting what comes after two and the two pictures concerning Payla in the car. Great Prevuze today!

7:46 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I dont like the girl that plays Belle. She is childish looking and I find it hard to believe that men would fight over here. They should replace her with a grown up beauty that Days is famous for.
As far as Cloe, I dont recall her being such a...biyoch. She just lost brownie points with me. They have all been out of high school for 10 years....Dont you think it's time they all grew up? I know many 27-28 year olds that dont act like they are juvinile 16 year olds.

9:05 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wait a minute... this reunion is a '10 year'???? C'mon, Shawn and Belle aren't mature enough to be out of school that long.
I thought it was the 5 year....

I was thinking the same thing - Chloe is in town for a couple of minutes and she's done MORE damage to Shawn & Belle's relationship than Phillip has done in the last year!!!! LOL!!!! You go girl!
I agree - Belle and Phillip - alot more chemistry! But I don't agree that Shawn and Chloe should be together! He's still so immature! He needs to be with someone like Steffanie or Chelsea (ewwww, I know, I know!) Maybe he could go after Morgan! It could be the ultimate basket-case project for her!!!!!!

Prevuze keep up the Great work!

9:21 AM  
Blogger Deb said...

The way I look at it, Belle missed the perfect opportunity to come clean to Shawn, tell him everything but of course not.

If he got this P.O'd about her just talking to Phillip, imagine what's gonna hit the fan when Hope can't keep her mouth shut any more. And you KNOW that's gonna happen real real soon.

I agree Mimi should be back. If for no other reason than to mess with Belle and do the "told ya so" dance.

Some spoilers for next week:

Stephanie finally tells Cordy that Ford raped her. It's about time. I guess she figures she's safe now that they've killed him and all

Marlena and Hope discover a photo of a woman in John's belongings. Hmmm, could this be the person downstairs with Dr. Rolf? A woman assassin? That would be different.

Stefano and Rolf continue to discuss the patient Rolf is working on. I have a few theories on who it is, and I don't believe it is John

Shawn confesses to Bo that Phillip allowed him to find the gun.Wonder how that will go over? Oh who am I kidding? Daddy will probably ignore it and tell Shawn to just go to the academy and forget about it.

Belle is jealous when Phillip and Chloe go on a date.Well of course! How dare he diss the Princess? I bet Chaos is loving it!

9:30 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Here is my theory on the mystery patient. I do believe it will be "John". I don't believe it will be Drake Hogestyn(or however you spell his name). John's character was a staple on Days, and I think they made a big mistake by killing him off AGAIN.
I think the notes are coming from Colleen, or the offspring of Santeen.
Or the mystery patient could be Andre. It was set up perfectly to have Andre come back. Tony made a huge show of leaving the country, and I think it was done in the typical Daze, subtle as a sledgehammer, way to set up Andre's return. Of course I"m thinking like a logical person, and we all know that the writers are anything but logical.


Dazeisdum

9:59 AM  
Blogger cfish said...

I still think the "patient" Dr. Rolf is working on is the missing Tek. He vanished the same time Lexie did, and the DiMeras had her stashed somewhere, so why not Tek? Besides, he's really the one who saw EJ shoot John, so they'd want to brainwash him to be on their side ...

10:20 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think the mystery patient is Andre, the photo of a woman n John's belongings is Colleen and that John is really alive and searching for Colleen. And either John or Colleen are writing the letters to Stefano.

~Lisa

10:32 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sami said Lucas just found out her marriage to EJ is real? Did I miss them canoodling? I know EJ is paralyzed, but they could do something.

I didn't think so. I don't think her marriage is real. I don't think Lucas thinks her marriage is real. Does EJ?

10:58 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

This cannot be the 10-year reunion.

10:58 AM  
Blogger cfish said...

moposh --
It has to be at least the 10th reunion. If Chelsea and Stephanie have been SORASed to 21 or over (so they could drink and gamble), that means they've been out of high school for 3 years or more. And the Brat Pack graduated high school MANY more than 2 years ago.

11:12 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I just did a little research and the Brat Pack did indeed graduate in 2002 - so this would be their 5th year reunion.

You know, it's no wonder Brady ran for his life if Chloe was this meddling in their marriage.

11:49 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

This is 'days-time' It has to be their 10 year. If you think about it, Belle was just born about 8 years ago, so of course she can be 28 by now.
Either way, if it's 5, that's just sad. Who has a 5 year reunion. I thought Phillip was in the war for a year.
I agree, they need a new Belle. and a new Shawn. Keep Phillip though. He is cute!

12:28 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I do like Chloe's "You do something wrong and expect your friends to lie for you." As I hate this in real life. Personally, I would of minded my business and not covered for Belle.

Also, good job for Cynthia for IRL trolling. Kudos.

If only all reunions were like this.

Bob: I was fired, lost my home.
Announcer: The award for most successful is...
Bob: My wife left me...
Announcer: Bob Putty!

12:29 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Doesn't anyone remember when John was in the hospital and was being drugged {when Marlena and Roman were still held captive by DiMeras} that it was Tek that was giving him injections?? So, I agree it might be Tek in the Cellar waitin for further orders!

I like this Belle, I didn't like the other one at all. This Belle has such good chemistry with Phillip that they should be together! wouldn't it be great if she turned out to be just as devious {sp.} as Sami used to be?

I also think there is an offspring for Santeen; just haven't figured out who, maybe the new character that won the I WANT TO BE A SOAP STAR, Ashlee~~she could always be the grandchild of them!

wouldn't it be a hoot if Celeste was her mother, and had had an affair with the son of Santeen?? Just a thought!

LUMI FAN FOREVER

3:38 PM  
Blogger Applecheeks said...

Don't have much of a comment to make. Just had a chance to sneak in a read. Haven't had power all day and am using a computer at our Emergency Operations Center.

Funny stuff, though. Chloe has really gotten off to a GREAT start hasn't she?

Great Prevuze!

3:54 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

i haven't seen the show in a few days, but where is Brady?? Aren't him and Chloe together anymore since she's apparently after Phillip??

5:12 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great Post, Prevuze

I think Chloe and Philip should get together.

5:55 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

low, Brady is on The Bold and The Beautiful playing Rick so he and Chloe got divorced.

Was I the only one bored to tears at the reunion? Frankly, I don't care what the kids have been up to since graduation. Why is it they are all successful? Not one has said, "I'm unemployed living with my parents."

Kevin's acting skills have gotten worse. I actually liked him back in the day, but now he just annoys me. And I vaguely remember the others.

Yes, Chloe has really changed. And I'm not just talking about showcasing her assets.

6:12 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


Blogarama     Globe Of Blogs