Saturday, December 01, 2007

Dogs, Dogs, Dogs

Like pretty much everyone else who has a website, Prevuze has a little system that lets us see who's hitting our site and from where. So early this past week just for grins I went out and took a look at it.

PrevuzeOf course, I expected to see the standard stuff – links from the usual DOOL sites, and all that. Well... Holy fire-hydrant, Batman! As far as the eye could see the majority of the hits were Google searches related to dogs. Dogs, dogs, dogs. Man! I thought the Prevuze mascot, "Killer," had hijacked us.

After a little research, I determined we were the number one dog show search on Google. This doesn't work any more, but at the time if you typed in "National Dog Show" and hit the "I'm Feeling Lucky" button in Google you got Prevuze! (Last I checked, Prevuze now comes up in the top ten – still not bad).

Why? Because a couple of weeks ago when there was no feed, we referenced the National Dog Show, which pre-empted DOOL on Thanksgiving. (Click here to see the post). One thing led to another and somehow Google decided, for a while anyway, we were the "big dog" on the Internet.

I'm sure there were some awfully surprised people out there who were expecting a dog show site and got Prevuze. Maybe we even got some new readers who were dog and DOOL fans and stumbled on Prevuze.

This isn't the first time we've seen odd searches landing on Prevuze. Next weekend I'll tell you about some of the searches where the people doing them were definitely NOT looking for a soap opera recap.

Until then, be'cha can't guess the #1 off-the-mark search we've ever seen land on Prevuze (Aside from "National Dog Show," which broke all records).

Gotta go. I'm late with "Killer's" breakfast. And when "Killer" ain't happy, ain't nobody happy.

Have a great weekend.

9 Comments:

Blogger Applecheeks said...

"Killer" is so cuuuuuttteeee. I'm sure anyone who stumbled onto Prevuze looking for dog show info would come back and back again just to see a pic of him/her.

Glad to see a Saturday Prevuze again. It brightened an otherwise dreary day.

7:38 AM  
Blogger Deb said...

Ain't it great to be a Google result?

If you type in Daze of our lives, My blog shows up on the second page. :-) GRIN!!

Everyone check out my latest blog!
These Are The Daze Of Our Lives

7:54 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well I think Killer is an ultra cutie and can't imagine he or she has a mean bone in his or her body.

Do you think Killer is just waiting for the day they finally wise up on DOOL and bring Max back? (The dog not the racecar driver.) I know I am!!

Yes, I agree - a Saturday without Prevuze is one loooooong day!

8:15 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ha ha ha, that is so hilarious! Yes, "Killer" is a cute dog. Any chance he could run off Lucas, Philip and Belle? Or at least chase them down the street until they get a clue? Lol. I concur with Bulldog that a day without Prevuze is a looooong one, indeed. Thanks for the funny.

12:08 PM  
Blogger Prevuze said...

Do you think Killer is just waiting for the day they finally wise up on DOOL and bring Max back?

"Killer" is actually holding out for the part of Max. (Max the dog, that is. Killier is too intelligent for the part of Max the racecar driver).

1:32 PM  
Blogger Prevuze said...

Yes, "Killer" is a cute dog. Any chance he could run off Lucas, Philip and Belle?

Probably. "Killer" is very experienced at running varmints off the Prevuze compound.

1:38 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm going to go out on a limb here and guess some of the top search words:

DOOL for people looking for drool

RECYCLE for recycled scripts

KEYSTONE COPS - Salem PD, need I say more?

4:11 PM  
Blogger Prevuze said...

I'm going to go out on a limb here and guess some of the top search words

Great guesses, but I think you're giving both DOOL and the people searching the internet way too much credit for thinking intelligently and normally.

5:49 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

I am sure that you get many many thank yous but I would just like to add my voice to the crowd. I have been a faithful fan for a couple of months now...and while not very computer literate or net savvy...yours is the only blog I read. Thanks for the good work.

6:47 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


Blogarama     Globe Of Blogs