Wednesday, July 19, 2006

The Charity Case

The Hand stalks as EJ and Sami talk. Sami says she will tell Austin soon. EJ says he is afraid for her safety. Sami says that doesn't make it any easier for her to tell. "Just do it," says EJ, "You might be pleasantly surprised. Take back control of your own life, or somebody else will destroy it."

"I want control of my own life," says Sami, "I have dreamed of being with Austin since I was a teenager. Now we're engaged. All my dreams are coming true. How am I going to tell him this?"

Austin and Carrie talk about what she heard him say – that he still loves her. She thought they had settled this. Austin says, "Last night made me realize I don't want to live without you. I'm glad we're still friends. Yes I love you, and yes I always will. I know what we have to do."

Max and the brat are having an impromptu breakfast. Max asks, "Did you have a good time last night?"

"I almost had a great time," says the little snot.

"Sorry."

She asks, "Do you think I would carry a twelve-pack of condoms in my purse? There seems to always be an excuse why we shouldn't have sex."

"Did you want to get pregnant," he asks.

"No," she says, "Thanks for looking out for me."

"That's what I'm here for," says Max. Stephanie watches through the window. Max is glad they waited. He thinks they should do it right. He asks if she wants to see anyone else. She crosses her fingers and says no.

Belle and Shawn talk. Belle can't believe what she said to Phillip earlier. He tells Belle she will have the opportunity to clear things up when Phillip gets back. "IF he gets back," says the worrywart.

Belle leaves. Mimi shows up. She thinks they should have the surrogate meet Phillip, under the circumstances. She asks Shawn how he feels about Hope's baby. He wishes things were different, but he doesn't want his dad to hurt his mom again. Part of her will always love Bo. "That's what I told Patrick," says Mimi, "Just like you and Belle." Belle overhears, comes up and apologizes. She hopes Mimi doesn't feel the same way as Phillip.

Phillip drives balls-to-the-wall. He gets a bug in his eye to match the one up his butt. Phillip drives car-to-the-wall.

Prevuze

Phillip and the car lie in a crumpled, smoking heap.

Belle doesn't know where Phillip went. He just stormed out, "You all have always known I am pro life. So you're not gonna ask your surrogate to abort?"

"That's none of your business," screams Meems.

"Why would you say that," asks Belle, "We're all tied together with these babies."

Mimi says, "You and Shawn were in love. Tell me you're not thrilled about this."

Shawn wants to talk to Mimi in private. Belle goes to make some phone calls to find Phillip.

Stephanie discovers the bleeding, twisted mass that once was Phillip. She calls for help. She goes back to the car and tells him help is coming, "Don't try to move. We're gonna get you out of here." She makes another call.

Max asks the brat if she is ready to settle down. "No," she says, "But when we go out we can still have fun."

"Sure," says Max, "I always have fun when I am with you. He goes to make a pit stop. The brat sees the flask in her purse but resists. Max' phone rings. The brat sees the caller is Stephanie. "Bye," she says, as she shuts it off.

Stephanie says, "Please hang on, Phillip. You can't die. That would be too easy. You have to put us through months of agony as you teeter between life and death."

Sami says she doesn't think she can tell Austin, "Maybe this person is just trying to scare me."

EJ says, "Sami, have you ever really gotten away with anything Scott-free?"

"Of course not," says Sami, "Maybe this will be the time. Maybe the way things fell into place with Austin is a sign it's meant to be. I can't tell Austin the truth. I know I will lose him. This whole thing is so freaking complicated. It's like the only, relaxed, nice relationship I have with anyone is you. You have been a real friend to me and I don't have friends, so thank you."

"I really care about you and I really want to help you," says EJ.

I'm starting to feel like your latest charity case," says Sami.

"No," says EJ, "I think you're my best friend in Salem."

"Wow," says Sami, "I'm a best friend with Prince Charming."

EJ wants to focus on things. There aren't that many suspects. He wonders who would want to make her suffer like this.

Sami gives the rundown, "Tony, but he's in jail. Alex, but John took care of him, and he hasn't returned form the dead yet. And Kate."

"Who knows all the information that's included in these notes," asks EJ.

"Lexie, Tek and Abe," says Sami. She tells him about Abe catching Lexie and Tek. EJ wonders if the same person wrote the note to Abe. If they can find out who knows all of this information, they will get somewhere. "I am the only one who knows," says Sami.

EJ says, "This person means business. You have to take control of your life."

Austin says he never meant for Carrie to hear what he said. He reminds her what he said on the roof. He said he would respect her marriage vows. What he said last night was not to pressure her. He was grateful she was alive. Carrie says she owes him so much. But she heard him say he hoped she would come back to him.

Max comes back. As the brat stands up, a bunch of envelopes drop out of her purse. Max wonders what they are. He looks at them and sees they are from the community service program. She says she forgot about them. She hasn't opened them. He lectures her. If she doesn't do the work she could wind up in jail. He opens the envelope. The brat asks, "Do you really think I could be in trouble?"

Max says, "Yeah, Chelsea, you could be in some huge trouble."

Belle can't get a hold of Phillip. She's getting worried. And when Belle worries, everyone should worry.

Stephanie tells Phillip to hang in there. The ambulance arrives. Fuel drips and sparks fly as the EMT tech crawls into the car.

Austin admits he dreams about a life with Carrie but she chose Lucas, and he will never understand that. He loves her so much. She doesn't know how he forgave her for being unfaithful when they were married. Marrying him was the best thing she ever did and she threw it all away. He says they all have been made big mistakes. She says she should have been more understanding with her sister on death row, "Sami is right. I'm a spoiled brat. You deserve someone who will treat you better."

"Is that about me and you or me and Sami?"

"I understand why you're with Sami," says Carrie, "I love her too."

"Thank you for understanding," he says, "Why couldn't we have had this conversation months ago?"

"You were too busy destroying my company," says Carrie.

"My feelings for you will never change," says Austin.

Carrie says, "I don't know how to say this. Do you really think it's a good idea to marry my sister when you're still in love with me?" Austin stares.

Sami keeps it up, "How can I tell Austin? I am a horrible person who has done terrible things. I don't deserve to be with Austin."

EJ says she can't change the past but she can change the future. Heavy. She isn't the only person who has done things she will regret. She claims Austin will leave her when he finds out. EJ doubts that. EJ says, "You are a fascinating woman. If I had the opportunity to be with a woman like you, I wouldn't hesitate for a second."

Max is glad they opened the letter when they did. She has less then a week to comply or she will be in contempt of court. She vows to change, "Being with you might just save my life." Smooch.

The EMT tends to Phillip as fuel drips and sparks fly. Delirious Phillip calls for Belle. Stephanie makes a call.

Belle arrives home and calls for Phillip. No answer and no messages. She wonders and worries. Shawn tries to tell her he probably is OK. Mimi tells her not to freak. Belle freaks – she isn't about to have Mimi spoiling her fun. Shawn gets a call. Stephanie tells him she needs to reach Belle, "It's an emergency."

Shawn hands Belle the phone. The blood drains from Belle's face, "OMG. I knew it." She hangs up and says, "Phillip has been in a terrible accident."

EJ says, "True love understands and true love forgives. If you and Austin are meant to be together he will forgive you."

Sami whines, "What if we really aren't meant to be together?"

"Is it really the end of the world," asks EJ, "I don't think Austin is really your one true love is he?"

Sami turns away, "Lucas gave up on me."

EJ asks, "So you settled for the next best thing?"

"I don't think Austin is settling," says Sami.

EJ asks, "You're sure he loves you?"

Sami asks, "What if he thinks being with me is settling."

"Then he would be crazy," says EJ. Quod erat demonstratum, which is Latin for, "You just hit the nail on the head."

Sami says, "Carrie is always everyone's first choice." The hand stalks. EJ tries to convince her Austin and Carrie care about her. Sami says if she tells the truth he will either forgive her or hate her, leave he and she will be all alone. EJ doesn't think Sami will ever be alone.

Belle runs up to the car as the EMT's work on scraping Phillip off the track. Belle blubbers. She smells smoke and screams, "What if his car explodes? What if they don't get him out in time?"

"Well, " Says Mimi, "In some countries, it's tradition for the wife to throw herself on her husband's funeral pyre and burn along with him."

Stephanie needs to get a hold of Max and let him know his car is toast. Shawn tells Belle he doesn't know why Phillip did this. Belle wonders if he did it on purpose. She runs toward the car but Shawn stops her, "Don't put yourself and your baby at risk – our baby." Mimi watches.

Austin and Carrie. Use your zapper. Blada, blada, blada. He wishes her happiness. Backatcha. Yammer, yammer, yammer. Austin leaves, but not without a parting shot. He says he really does love Sami, but it's different, it's not like what he has for Carrie – a burning love. Sorry... poor choice of words.

The Hand listens as Sami insists no one will have anything to do with her after she tells Austin. She challenges EJ, "Name one guy in this entire town who would want anything to do with me."

"I'm not the right guy to ask," says EJ, "I've only been in town five minutes. You need to tell Austin the truth now."

Sami agrees, "You're right. I have to quit stalling." EJ leaves and Sami thanks him.

Austin comes back. She hugs him and he asks if Carrie is OK, "I have to talk to you about something."

Stephanie runs into the pub. She tells Max she called, his phone rang a few times and then switched to voice mail. Max asks if the brat turned off his phone. Stephanie tells him about the accident.

Max says, "What was he doing there?"

Stephanie says, "About 200, according to the EMT guys. That’s what they said when they pulled him out of your car."

Max reacts, "MY CAR?" Max heads for the track.

Belle blubbers and wails as they strap Phillip on the gurney, "THIS IS ALL MY FAULT!"

Shawn holds her back, "In just a minute you can tell Phillip exactly how you feel, OK?"

"I FEEL GUILTY."

"Look," says Shawn, "I just lost my brother in an accident. I don't want to lose you or our baby. I love you!" That calmed her down. Mimi watches in horror. FF on darling Belle.


Previews
========

Belle says, "The fact that you and I are having a baby together completely freaked me out." Mimi watches.

Sami bawls to EJ, "I think tonight is going to be my last dinner with him ever."

Carrie tells Lucas, "Lexie wants us to go to her office right away. My test results are back."

Stephanie tells Max, "She might be afraid we're not just working."

The brat tells Abby, "When I'm done with Max, he's not even going to remember her name."

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

lol @ first belle pic. your prevuze make watching the real show so much better.... they're great.

7:50 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Let me echo Bulldog's observation that Max always has a good time with Chelsea??? Say what?? Man, he lives a rotten life.

Loved seeing Snidely Whiplash. Although, put a Mountie hat on EJ and he looks a little bit more like Dudley Doright.

LOL at Phil driving with a bug in his eye as well as one up his posterior. But, he must have hit some sort of black hole when he crashed in the previous episode. Yesterday he stormed out of the apartment, went to the track, drove around and it was still night. Now, it's the next morning and he's back driving and crashing again. Maybe if they wait awhile the action will pick up again and they can stop him before he crashes. HAHAHA

Any students out there should be able to get credits for reading Prevuze. It has offered a full course of lessons in history, culture, and now language. Merci, quid pro quo, 'spacibo, gutten tag, adios, and in the famous words of my 'word verification' down below - fetbo!

7:53 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

What the heck is fetbo? I googled it and google said to try fetbot. So I tried that and now I expect the feds at my door any minute.

1:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

lol @ anonymous...

& getting credit for reading prevuze would certainly make me happy... i learn something new from it everyday

9:43 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


Blogarama     Globe Of Blogs