Thursday, April 20, 2006

Life Sucks, Then You Die

Hester, uh, I mean Lexie, pours coffee, sighs and remembers her conversation with Alex. She values her marriage with Abe, but has decided to come clean. Then she flashes back to her conversation with Sami. She dials her cell phone as Sami comes in. Lexie leaves a message for Austin to call. "I have to stop her," thinks Sami.

Out in the hall, the door to the records office is ajar. Sami accidentally on purpose drops her purse. She stoops to pick it up and hustles herself into the office. She gets on a computer and works as Alex comes in and confronts her. Yes, folks, your medical records are safe, confidential and secure at the Salem hospital.

Mimi remembers Bonnie's mayday call as Belle stands at the door. Mimi rushes up to her and diverts things by telling her about Hope's request for a divorce.

The brat goes in to see Bo. Bo can't believe the divorce is happening. He emailed Hope and told her how much he cares, "She's throwing everything away." The brat remembers telling Frankie she changed the emails. She tells Bo they have to talk right now as John busts in.

"Urgent police business," barks John, "Marlena's life is on the line." Bo asks the brat to give them a minute.

John says Roman has cops tailing him and is doing a lousy job of protecting Marlena. Bo tells John he can't deal with it right now, "Hope just filed for a divorce."

Patrick stares at Alma's grave. Hope tells him she isn't going back to Bo. She also tells him he can't run from his past forever, and from what happened to Alma.

Patrick says, "The guys who killed her were after me. I have to live with that. I gotta get out of here. You're welcome to stay as long as you like. As much as I love this island, there are too many memories here."

Hope grabs Patrick, "I'm not letting you go."

John can't believe Hope has asked for a divorce. Bo shows him the papers. John tells him he understands why Hope feels the way she does.

The cop hauls Charisse in for booking. Charisse looks around and asks the brat what she is looking at. Chelsea apologizes for staring. Charisse asks for a cigarette. Chelsea says she doesn't smoke and Charisse should quit.

"Why," she growls, "So I can live? Life sucks then you die. What are you in for?"

"Nothing," says the brat, "What about you?"

"Solicitation and drugs," says Charisse, "I gotta tell you, as bad as it is on the streets it's a hell of a lot worse inside. Just pray you never do time."

Hope wants to know why Patrick won't let her help. Patrick tells her she belongs in Salem. Hope isn't changing her mind. She doesn't want to face the memories. Just like him and Alma. She asks if Patrick is going back to Salem. No, he's going to set sail and see where it takes him. They decide they will miss each other. Patrick advises, "Don't give up on Bo so fast. You love him. You won't find that love with another man. I know you will go back when you are ready. I want you to have all the peace and happiness you deserve." Hugs. "Goodbye."

Prevuze

After Patrick is gone Hope says, "I wish the same for you too. But until you can forgive yourself for Alma, you will never be at peace."

Belle can't believe Bo and Hope are getting divorced. Shawn can't believe his family is falling apart, "What else can happen next?"

Belle says she will do anything to help. Mimi reminds her she is there for Shawn. Shawn says he hates the idea of divorce. Mimi stares at Belle.

Lexie looks up John Black's cell phone number. The nurse interrupts and tells her she has to take a look at Mr. Harris.

Sami tells Alex she is just checking something. Alex looks at the computer screen and sees Lexie's records are there. Sami claims Lexie's records were already on the screen when she got on the computer. Alex doesn't buy it, "Why would you be so interested in Lexie's health? She has something on you, doesn't she? The question is, what is it?"

The object lesson continues. The brat asks if prison is really that bad. Charisse tells her it's ten times worse than it is on TV.

Bo thinks John is taking Hope's side. "No," says John, "It's just that she lost her son."

"WE lost OUR son," says Bo, "I did everything I could to protect her and she thought I was protecting Chelsea." Bo tells him about the emails and the hang-up. "Shawn won't tell me where she is."

John has his way of doing things, "Oh, you just grab him and make him tell. You gotta get to Hope and get her head right."

Bo tells John he has to back off on trying to get Alex. Unless Alex does something illegal Bo's hands are tied. John asks what Bo would do if North was going after Hope. Bo says luckily the only threat to Hope is Patrick, and no one knows where he is.

Hope runs up to Gabby and asks if he has seen Patrick. Gabby hasn't seen him. He tells Hope about Patrick and Alma, "Alma would be upset if she saw the place now. He hasn't kept it up. The garden is a mess. Alma was trying to get the special flower to grow there. The flower is only a legend. Patrick knows Alma is never coming back."

Patrick remembers Alma tending the garden. Patrick waters the garden. Patrick waters Alma. Alma waters Patrick. Soaking wet and dirty, she is still beautiful. Patrick breaks down.

Sami wants out and threatens to call security. Alex threatens to tell them he found her there. It would be the word of the respected doctor against Stan-the-man. Sami questions how respected he is and says she wants to know what he is doing there.

Lexie heads into the records room.

Belle tells Shawn she feels bad for him. Shawn doesn't blame his mom. He blames his dad, "But divorce... I know they love each other. I'd like to think there is hope for them."

"Sometimes it takes something drastic to bring people together," says Belle.

Mimi encourages her to leave so Shawn can concentrate on getting his parents back together. Shawn can only concentrate on one thing at a time.

Mimi takes Belle aside as Shawn works on an email, "I know what you are trying to do. You have to stop doing this. He's already told you 'no.' How many times do you have to hear it?" With Belle, it takes a few times.

A nurse stops Lexie from going into the records room.

Sami speculates Lexie has something on Alex, "That's it, isn't it. And I hope she uses it to get you away from my mother."

Alex says, "Be careful what you wish for, Sami. If your mother and I should split up, she winds up with John black. You don't want that."

"I want my parents back together," says Sami.

"That isn't going to happen," says Alex, "Get used to the idea of Marlena and I together. If I lose, you lose. But we might both be on the same side with John, Lexie... but what does Lexie have on you? What is it you are most afraid of? I've heard you and your ex just got back together. I'm thinking it has something to do with him. Of course. Lexie knows something that can cause trouble with you and Austin."

Sami vows, "I will do what I have to do to stop her."

"So why were you looking in her medical records," asks Alex.

"Nothing specific," she admits, "I'm desperate. I thought I could find something."

"That's where we are different," says Alex, "I have a plan. I have a very specific course of action in mind. The perfect solution to both our problems. Interested?"

Charisse paints the grizzly picture, "When you are behind bars and the bitch-ho's want to get you, they will. You're a pretty skinny piece of meat, but a pretty thing like you... you'd wish you were dead."

"You're just trying to scare me," whines the brat.

Charisse asks, "Why? You didn't do anything to go to prison did you?"

"No," she lies.

"Then you have nothing to worry about," scowls Charisse.

Bo shows John the description of SSK XLVIII. John thinks it's enough to bring Lockhart in for questioning.

Bo thinks Alex will slip up. John will do what it takes to get Marlena back just like he knows Bo will do what it takes to get Hope back.

"It will be a long painful process," says Bo.

"Then the glass is half full," says the old philosopher, "You two could come out of this stronger. I'm gonna get Marlena away from North."

Bo says, "If I knew where Hope was I'd be on a plane to get her. And I wouldn't come back without her."

Hope runs into the cabin yelling for Patrick. She doesn't find him. She walks out dejected, removes her jacket and rustles around in the garden. She finds a box and whams it with a brick to get it open.

Inside is an envelope, which says, "To Patrick." She opens it. A letter. She reads and stands there in shock. "OMG, Patrick has to see this." She runs off.

Shawn types. Belle tells Mimi she doesn't want to hurt Shawn.

"Then don't," says Mimi.

"I can't just change the way I feel," says the self-centered sniveling little whiner.

"You better figure out a way," warns Mimi, "Shawn just said he doesn't believe in divorce."

"I'm sorry," whines Belle, "I hate doing this to you."

Mimi is exasperated, "Why do you keep acting like you don't have any choice. You chose to leave Shawn... you chose to marry Phillip... you chose to stay married to Phillip when you had the chance to leave him and be with Shawn... The saddest part of all this is that poor Phillip doesn't have a clue you don't love him. Oh, wait, you love both of them. If you don't love Phillip, you should leave him. But you can't have Shawn."

Belle says, "The only reason you and Shawn got together is he doesn't want to break up my family."

"But you do," says Mimi, "Phillip deserves so much better than you. Phillip is the only dad Claire has ever known. I know you are used to getting what you want, but that will change. When will you start putting your daughter first?"

Shawn finishes his email to Hope. He never thought Hope believed in divorce. He has a rare thought, "Ideals are OK but real life is different."

Belle runs with it, "So... What? You're saying that divorce might be OK sometimes?"

Lexie calls John. She tells him she needs to talk about Alex. Mighty Mouse is on the way.

Sami is interested. Alex tells her about the lump. Sami already knows. He plans on making sure the biopsy comes back negative. Sami can't believe it, "Lexie could die."

"The end justifies the means," says Alex, "We both operate on that premise."

Sami is shocked, "I don't know what to say."

"Just let me do everything and it will work out for both of us."

"But not for Lexie," says Sami, "You want me to make another deal with the devil."

"It wouldn't be the first time," says Alex, "I've heard about your escapades as Stan. How anyone could think a pretty girl like you was a man is beyond me... Just put your faith in me and ensure your future with Austin... or rat me out and wind up alone and miserable. All you have to do is just walk out the door and let me do the dirty work. Deal?" Sami stares.

"I don't believe in divorce," says Shawn, "Of course, there are special circumstances, like abuse. But if you're just unhappy you should find a way to work it out."

"What if you get married for the wrong reasons," asks Belle, "Even the church recognizes annulment."

"Yes," says Shawn, "If you get married under false pretenses, like if the husband or life lied about something very important." Belle sees an opening. Mimi sweats.

Alex says Sami will like him a lot more once he makes her dreams come true. And her hands will be clean, "So just run along and let me handle everything."

"I think I will," says Sami as she leaves.

Alex stands alone and says, "It is time to stop Lexie carver dead in her tracks with the emphasis on dead.

Lexie says to herself, "Everything will be out in the open soon."

Sami comes in and sees Lexie with a worried look on her face, "Oh God, look how she is. I can't just let her die. I'm not that selfish. Oh, God, how can I do this?"

Hope asks Gabby if Patrick has left. He thinks so. Hope contemplates the letter, "Oh, Patrick, now you'll never know the truth about Alma's death."

The cop comes to book Charisse. He brat offers words of encouragement as they drag Charisse off.

John tells Bo he has to go talk to Lexie.

Bo goes out with John. John pats the brat on the shoulder as he leaves. Bo asks her, "What's this about?"

The brat says, "It's about what I have done... to you and Hope." FF



Previews
========

Sami yells at Alex, "You can't do it. I'm not gonna let you kill Lexie."

John tells Marlena, "We were soul mates. You don't remember how much you love me." Marlena says, "But I do."

Patrick says, "I know you want me to stay. I made up my mind. You can't change it." Hope says, "I know I can't but maybe Alma can. She gave me a message for you."

Frankie says, "This profile could match a lot of guys besides Lockhart." Bo says, "If he comes anywhere near my family, I will be the one up on murder charges."

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Except to continue to torture the audience with more of Squints stomping around, frothing at the mouth, why is Alex still hanging around? He was going to whisk Marlena away the minute they were married for their "extended honeymoon". If they were gone he wouldn't have to worry about Lexi or John.

Loved the pictures. The literary allusions in Prevuze get better and better - Hester, uh, Lexi and her Scarlett Letter! HAHAHAHA

6:28 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


Blogarama     Globe Of Blogs