Thursday, April 13, 2006

The Star Card

Maggie, Alice and two fruit smoothies.

Maggie tells her, "Abby is looking after Jack Junior while I run a few errands for Mickey."

"Where is Jennifer Rose," asks Alice.

"She left for a romantic getaway with Frankie Brady," says Maggie.

"Ooooohhh."

Frankie and Jennifer sleep. Jennifer wakes up and says good morning. Frankie kisses her.

"Did you sleep well," asks Jennifer.

"No," says Frankie, "I was up all night."

"Why," asks Jennifer.

"It was you," says Frankie, "Plus it smelled like a sewer exploded somewhere."

Lexie's alarm goes off. She slaps it. Abe grabs her and they kiss.

Hope wakes up on the boat. She looks next to her and sees Bo, "Good morning lover boy." Kiss. Oops – Patrick. "I'm sorry," says Hope, "I was dreaming about Bo."

"I shouldn't have been in bed with you," says Patrick.

"Why are you," asks Hope.

"I got tired and it's the only bed we have," he says, "I'll make coffee."

"I'm gonna check my email," says Hope, "But I doubt if Bo tried to contact me. He was so busy rescuing his daughter. She looks at her computer. A website pops up – "Salem family reunited."

Billie sits beside the brat in the hospital. Flashback to the brat orchestrating the divorce emails. Bo brings coffee. Billie tells him she should have thought of Zack. She should have had Bo go home last night. Bo says, "I could have caused her death last night."

"Don't feel guilty about that," says Billie, "The world would have thanked you."

"I gotta think before I open my friggin' mouth," says Bo.

"Bold new concept," says Billie.

Bo says, "Every decision we make could be the difference between life and death."

"Chelsea almost died last night," says Billie, "Maybe she learned something."

"I hope you're right," says Bo, "Shawn went down there after her and he doesn't like her at all. Maybe this will bring our family closer together."

"I think it will," says Billie.

"I got a lot of work to do," says Bo, "I have to contact Hope. I gotta make amends with my daughter."

The brat overhears and says, "You're wrong dad. I should be apologizing to you. If it weren't for me you and Hope would still be together."

Bo asks Billie to step out of the room. The brat tells him, "You were right to be mad at me."

"I shouldn't have talked to you the way I did," says Bo. Shut up, Bo.

The little snot says, "Hope wants a divorce because you defended me. But that's not everything. When I was trapped and thought I was going to die my whole life flashed before me, and I tried to think of a reason why I was worth saving. All the horrible things I have done. I ended up costing you your child and your wife. It's time for me to make things right between you and Hope. I have to tell you everything."

The nurse interrupts. Chelsea tells Bo to come back when the nurse is done.

Bo goes out and talks to Billie. "She sounds like a different person," says Bo.

"How so," asks Billie.

"Human, for one thing," says Bo. He tells Billie what the brat said.

"Look," says Billie, "It means everything to know somebody cares."

"I hope she does," says Bo.

"She does."

Bo says, "Zack had this great enthusiasm for life. I wonder what Chelsea was like at that age."

"Did you happen to see The Omen," asks Billie.

Bo says, "She's 18 and I don't want her to feel like her life is over."

"She has to be the one to make the change," says Billie.

"Yeah," says Bo, "I'm gonna see if Hope left a message."

"OMG," says Hope as she watches a video on her computer. Crack newsman Dan Blather informs us that Chelsea Benson has been reunited with her family. He interviews Billie. Billie is grateful to the ones who saved her – Phillip Shawn and Bo, "I knew Bo would do everything to reunite his family, and he did." Bo comes up and hugs her. Hope stares.

"What did I do," asks Jennifer.

"This will sound corny," says Frankie, "You're beautiful. I laid awake and watched you sleep. You have no idea how many times I wanted to wake you. Last night was amazing. It was like a dream."

"I know," says Jennifer, "It was like..."

"...like we've been together all the Days Of Our Lives says Frankie. In some ways we have."

"I love you Frankie Brady."

"I love you too." Kiss.

Abe stops Lexie, "The commissioner wants to see me about an emergency. And I have to talk to Bo about the sewer explosion."

"Can't Roman do that," asks Lexie.

"Roman has John Black under house arrest," says Abe, "You don't know how much I just want to be in bed."

"Well just remember next time...," says Lexie, "Just because you're impotent..."

"I'm the Commissioner," says Abe, "Of course I'm important."

"You don't need an excuse," says Lexie, "There are advances that might help you. Intimacy isn't just about sex. It's about love and companionship. I know we can work though this, OK?"

"I know we can," says Abe, "I have to apologize for not being there for you. I can't tell you how much your patience means to me." Lexie flashes back to a hot time with Tek.

"Abe," she says, "We've both done things we're not proud of. But if we could just start over..." Kiss.

Abe hugs her, "Lexie... please."

"What?"

Abe says, "I don't need to be reminded that you know about all the advances about intimacy. But if you thought we could be intimate without sex, you wouldn't keep bringing it up."

"How can I help," she asks.

"Stop patronizing me," says Abe, "Stop thinking we can live as brother and sister instead of man and wife."

Abe leaves. Lexie feels a pain as she puts on her robe. Dumb-Da-dumb-dum... She's dead. The doorbell rings. Celeste. Lexie asks, "Is there something wrong?"

"Yes," says Celeste, "I want to talk to you about your affair with Thomas Kramer." Gets right to the point, doesn't she?

The nurse gave Chelsea a sedative and sends BoBillie back in. The brat says, "I'm glad you're both here so I can tell you how sorry I am for..."

The doofus interrupts, "We can talk about that later. Right now I want you to know you have everything to live for. We will be here for you, OK? Always." Shut up, Bo. So much for thinking before he opens his mouth.

Patrick tells Hope not to jump to conclusions. Hope jumps to conclusions. She rants. Patrick tries to rationalize things. Hope didn't want Bo to leave the brat down there to die, but he should have let the trained professionals handle it.

"I don't think Bo knows how you feel," says Patrick, "A lot of this is out of anger. Until you talk you won't know for sure. Reach out to Bo. Talk to him." Hope picks up her cell phone. Luckily the boat is right under a cell tower in the middle of the ocean.

Frankie hates for this to end. He suggests showering together. Jennifer says no, because they wouldn't come out. As Frankie heads into the shower, he says he will leave the door open in case she changes her mind.

"Oh, Frankie."

He hops into the shower as Jennifer calls Maggie. Maggie tells her, "I was just filling your grandmother in. Are you having a good time?"

"Yes," says Jennifer, "Everything is so wonderful. I still miss Jack so much and I love him as much as always, but I feel like he wanted me to move on."

Maggie says, "He loved you and would have wanted you to be happy."

"I just feel so lucky to have found Frankie," says Jennifer, "What if it's too good to be true?"

Lexie tells Celeste to keep her voice down. Celeste saw Lexie and Tek romping at the church, "My God, Alexandra, I warned you about him. Do you want to end your marriage?"

"No," says Lexie, "I want it to work."

"What about Tek," asks Celeste, "Is it over?"

"I told him we have to stop."

"That's not what I asked you," says Celeste, "If you intend to fight for your marriage you will remember there is a difference between wants and needs."

Abe brings Theo out. Celeste is going to spend the day with him. Lexie goes to take a shower. Celeste says things seem tense.

Abe says, "We are working though some issues but we will be OK. Is something wrong?"

Maggie asks Jennifer why she would say that.

"I can't trust anything good," says Jennifer, "I'm afraid it will be taken away."

Alice takes the phone and tells Jennifer, "As long as you are listening to your heart, don't doubt yourself. You are doing the right thing. Frankie loves you. I have fond memories of you two." Flashback. Talk of eloping.

Jennifer comes to the shower, "I changed my mind. I was wondering if there was enough room to join you in here."

Frankie says, "Absolutely." Froth and frolic.

Chelsea sleeps. She remembers Bo bawling her out. Bo asks what Billie thinks she is dreaming about.

"Last night," says Billie.

Bo obsesses, "If we had lost her, the last thing I said to her..."

Billie stops him, "Bo, don't..."

"Zack's death was an accident," says Bo, "I can't remember ever being angry with Zack. We idealize him. Like he's a saint or an angel. He was a little boy with a big heart. In the short time she knew him he touched her. He wouldn't want his death to ruin her life. It's gonna take a lot to forgive her. But I gotta try."

"I think Hope is gonna have a hard time agreeing with that," says Billie.

Hope dials... then hangs up, "I can't call him just yet."

"Don't do this to yourself," says Patrick, "You will feel better once you know. You have to call him. He doesn't know how to get a hold of you."

"He could email me."

"No," says Patrick, "The two of you need to talk. Do it." Hope dials.

Frankie and Jennifer work up a lather. They shower, too.

Abe asks Celeste what's wrong, "You look like you've turned over a bad tarot card."

"I just want you to be happy," says Celeste.

"Thank you for caring," says Abe, "I'm gonna give Theo breakfast before I go." Abe takes him into the kitchen.

Celeste says, "I sense Abraham and Alexandra have a chance to be happy despite Tek, but something very heavy on Alexandra's side." She turns over The Star Card.

Lexie steps into the shower and takes off her robe. She feels the spot. Quizzical look. Dead woman showering.

Frankie and Jennifer pack to leave. They sure are clean. Jennifer thanks Frankie for showing her it's OK to move on. Frankie thanks her for moving on with him. Frankie wonders what happens when they leave the hotel, "Where do we go form here?"

Jennifer stares, "Back to Salem? "

Celeste shuffles, "The Star Card means optimism and hope." She deals it again, "I don't understand. I am sensing a deep pain within Alexandra, but not from the cards. OMG, what's wrong with my daughter?"

Lexie examines the spot, "OMG! That wasn't there before."

Hope is on the phone, "Mickey It's Hope. I'm OK. There is something really important I need to talk to you about. I want a divorce."

Bo sits beside the snoozing brat, "I know things have been rough but they will get better."

The brat whines, "You're not gonna love me anymore, Dad. Especially after I tell you what I did." FF Bo.

Prevuze



Previews
========

Carrie says, "What are you looking at? I'm a mess. I just got out of the shower." Austin says, "Oh, no, actually I was thinking that you looked incredible.

Kate tells the brat, "You're going to ruin absolutely everything." The brat says, "I'm telling Bo and Billie today and there is nothing you can do to stop me."

Billie says, "She's your wife, Bo. You love her. Find a way to get through to her."

Hope says, "He wants a divorce. He considers our marriage over. There's no turning back now."

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

"Kate tells the brat, "You're going to ruin absolutely everything." The brat says, "I'm telling Bo and Billie today and there is nothing you can do to stop me.""

Translation - It's going to take until at least next year for the truth to come out.

3:45 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Celeste said it all:
"If you intend to fight for your marriage you will remember there is a difference between wants and needs."

5:34 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Besides the "dead woman showering" crack, the classic comment for me today was Hope tapping into the cell tower in the middle of the ocean. HAHAHA

Maybe she has a cell phone that magically morphs into a satellite phone and she was getting a signal from that miracle satellite that beamed the Salem news right to the boat!

Ahoy, mate! Prevuze is a sailin' along!

8:13 AM  
Blogger Prevuze said...

In all of the excitement (and it was sooooo exciting, wasn't it) we forgot to mention Lexie's pain is in the area of her breast. She's gone. Write her off. Kaput. God is punishing her for her Tek-adillo.

8:50 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


Blogarama     Globe Of Blogs