Wednesday, April 12, 2006

Romanesque

John paces. Roman says, "I don't know what you think you're going to see over there."

"Marlena's bedroom is right there," says John, "You're acting like it's no big deal. Let's go over there."

"Why," asks Roman, "So you can try to shoot Alex again? I don't think so. This isn't about Alex, it's about saving you from yourself. The man just exchanged wedding vows with her. We know what they're doing over there. There isn't a damn thing we can do to change it."

Alex cuddles Marlena, "You belong to me now, just like when we first exchanged our wedding vows. I have waited so many years for this. All my plans are finally coming true. And, by the way, your suffering is about to begin anew." Marlena sleeps.

Sewer ExplosionShawn and Phillip choke as Shawn tries to free the brat's cloven hoof... uh, I mean foot. He gets it loose and off they go. They tell Bo to go back up as they head out. The sewer blows. Townspeople fly like rag dolls. Screaming. Chaos. Bo stands over the steaming manhole and says he is going back down there. The newsman gives us the bad news. "Its' the worst possible nightmare for the parents of these three young people. The rescue has turned into a suicide mission. Shawn Brady's father is going back down into what appears to be a tomb," says Dan Blather.

"I'm not going to lose my son and husband," cries Hope, "God couldn't be that cruel. The reporter called it a tomb. He might as well have said they're all dead. Shawn is on his honeymoon. He isn't even supposed to be there... Unless the girl down there is someone we know."

The crack news team on the scene keeps us up to date. "Detective Brady is heading back into the sewer," says Dan.

As Bo climbs down, he yells, "I can't see a thing!"

"It's now four lives at stake," says newsman Dan, "And the more time that goes by the less likely it is any of them will come out alive."

Hope can't watch. Bo starts back up as Hope prays. Bo crawls out of the sewer with the brat draped over his shoulder.

"NO," cries Hope, "Save Shawn. How can you put a stranger before your own child?"

Bo puts the brat down. More bad news for Hope. She recognizes Satan's Spawn, "OMG, Bo saved Chelsea!"

"Take it easy," says Patrick.

Belle panics. Bo says, "My son and brother are down there. I'm going back."

The brat grabs him and wails, "No, Dad, you can't go back down there. I don't want to lose you."

John is a little tense. He tries his latest karate move on a chair, "How the hell can you sit there reading with Marlena in danger?" Roman tries to calm him down as John heads for the door.

Roman grabs him. John asks, "What're you gonna do now? Are you gonna shoot me? It all comes out now. After all these years of hating me because I took Marlena from you."

"This has nothing to do with that," says Roman, "If you take one more step I will arrest you."

"You and who else," says Macho Man.

"Me and the Salem PD," says Roman, "I have officers stationed all around here."

John sneers, "You used to love her. Now you don't give a damn about her."

Roman boils, "Now you're making me angry. I will protect her but under the law."

"Alex is a danger to her."

Roman says, "If you hadn't taken the law into your own hands he'd be behind bars right now." For what? The unpardonable crime of getting married?

John says, "Now she has no one to save her."

Alex says, "We'll be going on our honeymoon and leaving Salem behind, and you will start to pay for what you did to me."

Marlena wakes up, "What? What are you doing in my bedroom?"

"We are husband and wife now," says Alex, "I'm exactly where I should be. You married me in a church before God."

"You lied to me," says Marlena, "You lied to everybody."

"Yes I did," says Alex, "It appears I'm going to have to increase your dosage next time."

"Dosage," she asks, "What are you talking about?"

"You really are in the dark," says Alex, "I have been drugging you for months. I've made you turn your back on John and profess your love for me."

"NO," screams Marlena. She gets up and tries the locked door. Alex pulls out the syringe. He prepares an injection and drones, "You are legally married to me again, Marlena. Take your medicine like a good girl, or I'll be forced to hurt you."

Hope wonders why Shawn would risk his life to save Chelsea. Patrick tells her the brat didn't mean to hurt Zack. Hope yells, "That selfish girl who never gives a damn about anyone but herself is fine and my child might be lying down there dead. Are you saying Bo made the right choice? What if Shawn dies? He's given his life to Bo's daughter."

The brat begs Billie not to let Bo go back down into the sewer.

Like the creature from the La Brea Tar Pits, a muck-covered hand reaches out of the manhole.

"Please let it be Shawn," says Hope.

"Please let it be Shawn," says Belle.

Phillip comes up. Belle hugs him. He says Shawn was right behind him. After a tense moment, Shawn wiggles out. The crowd cheers. Mimi hugs him. Belle stares.

"Shawn Douglas, I love you so much," says Hope.

"He's OK," says Patrick.

Billie asks the paramedic to check out the brat. The paramedic takes her away. Bo comes up. Billie says, "We almost lost her again. I don't know what I would do without you."

Dan Blather sticks a microphone in Billie's face, "Are those happy tears, Mrs. Brady?"

"It's not Mrs. Brady," says Billie.

"Congratulations on the rescue," blathers Blather. He gives the rundown the brat's parentage and the convoluted family relationships involved. He asks Bo exactly how he feels.

"I'm just happy and relieved my family is safe," says Bo. Not the best choice of words, Bo.

"Family," repeats Hope. She sits in shock.

John wears a hole in the carpet. Roman suggests sleep, room service, whatever. "Listen, man," says John, "This isn't a joke. The light is on in her bedroom. Who turns lights on in the middle of the night?" Uh, John and Roman?

"They could be raiding the fridge," says Roman, "You gotta stop this." Somebody ought to stop it, that's for sure.

Marlena tries to escape.

"There really is no way out," says Alex.

John grabs his super spy binoculars. He watches as Marlena calls for help and claws at the window. He calls Roman over to see what's going on, but Marlena and Alex move from the window to the bed.

Roman looks but sees nothing. John says, "I'm telling you what I saw. Why would I make it up?"

"So I would let you out of here."

"Look," says John, "The sheers have been torn down. You're a betting man. There is s 50-50 chance I'm telling you the truth. Are you gonna gamble with Doc's life?"

Roman caves, "Let's go!" Starsky and Hutch head for the penthouse.

Patrick tells Hope they should focus on the positive, "Bo and Shawn are alive."

Hope isn't interested in positives, "You heard what he said to America. Billie and Chelsea are his family now."

Patrick says, "If Shawn and Phillip hadn't come up, Bo would have gone down for them."

"He's been wrapped around her finger ever since they found Chelsea," says Hope, "If they hadn't found her my son would still be alive. At least I know where I stand now. I get it now. He's moved on. He's chosen to be with Billie and Chelsea instead of me."

Billie asks Bo if Chelsea thought it was the end. "No," says Bo, "Satan's Minions know they never die. But she looked pretty frightened down there."

"I'll get her counseling," vows Billie, "Hell I need counseling. I've never been so scared."

Bo remembers bawling out the brat before she ran out and dove into the sewer. "I was freaked about the divorce and I took it out on Chelsea," he says, "She coulda died here tonight."

"Don't beat yourself up," says Billie, "Leave that for Hope. Chelsea needed a wake up call."

Bo says, "When I was young I was rebellious, but I wasn't facing a prison sentence. She lost her parents, she feels guilty about Zack and she's terrified about her future. We're her parents now. We gotta make sure she knows we love her."

"But you can't let her manipulate you," says Billie, "She needs a father who will call her on her crap."

Mimi wants Shawn to get checked out. Likewise with Belle and Phillip.

They leave and Mimi turns on Belle, "Belle, sometimes you are so full of it. Were you worried about your husband or mine?"

Dan Blather intrudes. He tells them he was so moved by their reaction; they looked so worried. "Of course," says Mimi, "They are our husbands."

"Your love came through for all our viewers," says Dan the newsman, "I'm sure our website will crash with all the emails coming through for both of you." He sticks the microphone in Belle's face as Hope and Patrick watch, "I know it was especially heartbreaking for you knowing you and Shawn Brady had just gotten married."

"No," says Belle, "You don't understand..."

Dan is relentless, "I don't mean to get personal, Mrs. Brady, but our viewers were so moved by the look of love on your face for Shawn Brady. I have to admit, I shed a few tears myself. It was obvious how terrified you were for him. And this is no way to spend your honeymoon."

Mimi interrupts and sets the record straight, "Actually, um... I'm Mrs., Brady. What you saw was Belle's concern for a long time friend."

"I am so sorry, Mrs. Brady" says Blather, "Sometimes we just plain get it wrong." He turns to the camera, "Ladies and gentlemen, it has been a long night. But it's not over for some of Salem's most dedicated city workers, who stood around and picked their noses while a bunch of amateurs made the rescue. But when you need them,you need look no father than the local doughnut shop.

Mimi unloads on Belle, "Belle, you're not fooling me. I see right through you. Apparently, so does most of America tonight, so I just want to thank you for that nice wedding gift. You keep acting like Shawn is your husband, but he isn't. He is mine, so BACK OFF."

Prevuze

The brat goes up to Shawn, "I know I'm not on the top of your list..."

Shawn snorts, "You're not on my list at all. Not only did you kill my brother, you ripped my family apart."

"I just wanted to thank you," she whines.

"I didn't do it for you," he snaps.

"You did it because you're a good person," says the brat.

"I would have gone down there to save a stray dog," says Shawn.

John and Roman arrive at the penthouse. John wants to bust the door down. Roman stops him and yells for Alex to open up. Roman starts to kick it down as Alex opens the door. Alex is indignant.

Inside the penthouse, the scene is very Romanesque.

"I saw what you did to her," says John/Roman.

"What," asks Alex/Roman, "Were you spying on us? I should have had you arrested when I had the chance. I won't make that mistake again."

John/Roman threatens, "If you hurt her, I won't need bullets. I'll kill you with my bare hands."

Alex/Roman turns to Chris/Roman, "You just heard him threaten me."

"Get Marlena down here," says Chris/Roman.

"I may consider calling her if you tell me what this lunatic thinks he saw," says Alex/Roman.

"You attacked her," says John/Roman.

"I'm just glad Marlena isn't here having to explain our marital relations," says Alex/Roman, "Marlena is more passionate than I remembered, and apparently more passionate than she ever was with you."

Marlena comes down. She looks at the three of them and says, "Roman, Roman and Roman, what is going on here?"

Prevuze

"Are you all right," asks John/Roman.

Chris/Roman steps up and asks, "Did Alex do anything to hurt you? John thinks..."

"I don't think anything," snorts John/Roman. Truer words were never spoken.

"Of course Alex didn't attack me," says Marlena Flashback to the injection.

Alex/Roman pipes in, "You just heard Marlena tell you. It is our wedding night. What else would we be doing, other than making love?"

Marlena is indignant, "I can't believe you're asking me to talk about something so personal. You had no right to watch us. I'd like you both to leave. If you ever barge in again, I will have you arrested. GO! NOW!"

As they leave, John/Roman and Alex/Roman exchange looks.

Alex turns to Marlena, "Veeeerrrrryyyy gooooood. Excellent. You were perfect."

Marlena smiles, "I want to be a perfect wife. Your wife." She sighs and heads upstairs. Alex smirks.

Out in the hallway, John asks, "Did you buy any of that?"

"Only the part about you not thinking," says Roman.

"That wasn't Doc," insists John, "She doesn't talk like that. Whatever he is doing is against her will."

"Without evidence we can't do anything," says Roman.

"He's going to kill her," says John.

"Why," asks Roman.

"Why did Ted Bundy kill," asks John, "He was a mental case. Why would I want to kill Alex? I am a mental case. If the only way to stop him is murdering him, then that's what I gotta do. If they want to give me the death penalty I don't care."

Alex listens through the door, "John, you make it like leading a lamb to slaughter."

The brat hugs Billie.

Mimi tells Belle, "Every time you look at Shawn you're broadcasting your feelings. Be faithful to Phillip."

"I am!"

"I'm not talking about physically," says Mimi, "I mean you should be committed to a life with him. You can keep on worrying about Shawn as a friend but he is my husband."

Phillip tells Belle it's time to go home.

Bo interrupts Mimi and Shawn. Bo thanks him for his actions tonight, and then asks, "Have you heard from your mom?"

Shawn is terse, "No."

"Do you know where she is," says Bo.

Shawn remembers talking to Hope about Morgan Island, "If Mom wanted you to know, she would tell you. I wouldn't keep Billie and Chelsea waiting. They are your family."

Bo goes over and says they should take the brat to the hospital, but he wants to check his messages first to see if there is word from Hope.

"After a terrifying night, Bo Brady and his family are headed home, safe and sound," says Dan Blather.

Patrick turns off the TV, "How are you doing?" Hope stares. "We'll be back in Salem tomorrow," says Patrick, "You can straighten all of this out then."

"No," says Hope, "Turn the boat around. I want to go back to the island."

"What about Bo," asks Patrick.

"What about him," says Hope, "He has Billie and Chelsea now. There is no reason for me to go back to Salem." FF.



Previews
========

Lexie says, "But if we could just start over – you know." Abe hugs her, "Lexie... please."

Jennifer opens the shower curtain and asks Frankie, "I was wondering if there was enough room to join you in here." Frankie says, "Absolutely,"

Hope is on the phone, "There is something really important I need to talk to you about. I want a divorce."

The brat says, "You're not gonna love me anymore, Dad. Especially after I tell you what I did."

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

LOVED this line!

"I would have gone down there to save a stray dog," says Shawn."

Ya know, Chelsea does yelp from time to time, LOL!

GREAT PREVUZE once again!

4:36 AM  
Blogger Prevuze said...

Well, he did save the b*tch, didn't he?

4:44 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

OMG! I've been so busy today I didn't realize I hadn't read Prevuze yet. No wonder I've been so frazzled. HAHAHAHA

Loved the late afternoon pick-up though. What a great Prevuze with Dad Blather, Dudley Do-Right, Satan's Spawn and the observation that the utility workers stood around and "picked their noses" while the amateurs were doing the rescuing. Talk about civil law suits waiting to happen!!

I just knew, after the Spawn's close call, Bo's five minutes of sanity where she is concerned would evaporate in a cloud of guilt. At least Billie maintains a grasp of reality.

2:28 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


Blogarama     Globe Of Blogs