Wednesday, January 18, 2006

I Should Have Left My Shorts On

Shawn comes up to Mimi in the waiting area, "Having Kate Roberts announce our engagement wasn't exactly what I had in mind."

"I shouldn't have opened my mouth," says Mimi.

"Aw, hey, they don't call you screamin' Mimi for nothing. It's not important," says Shawn.

Mimi says, "Besides being the best big brother to Zach and the best godfather, I know you will be the best husband in the world."

Belle says she can't believe Shawn and Mimi are engaged. "It's wonderful, isn't it," says Kate, "When Rex and Mimi were together I was looking forward to her being my daughter in law. She's found happiness. I think it's meant to be. She's a terrific influence on Shawn. He's matured to about the third grade level, don't you think?"

Jennifer is in shock, "You still love me?"

"Yeah, I do," says Frankie, "I know you will always love Jack, but since you saw the DVD, I thought I should be honest."

"I appreciate that," says Jennifer, "Since we are being honest, I should tell you I thought maybe you felt that way since you came back to Salem. And I think I was flattered by it but... when you said why you came here – to help Max get moved in – was that the truth?"

Frankie says, "Yeah... But I could have done that in a weekend. The truth is I came back here to see you."

The nurse brings John into Alex' room. Alex is gone. Agent Black goes into action. "Call the Salem PD," he barks, "Do it now!" In the hall he says to himself, "North, you lay a hand on Marlena you are a dead man."

Marlena hangs off the ledge. Lois pushes while Alex tries to pull her up.

Abby finds Max outside the hospital. She came when she got the voice mail, "What's going on with Chelsea?"

"Nothing good," says Max.

Billie concocts her story. She had a breakdown. She found the SUV and took it, since she knew where Bo hid his spare key. She swears she didn't see Zach. She panicked and ran.

Hope hits new levels of hysteria, "You just ran? You didn't go back to see if he was alive?"

"I'm not proud of it," says Billie, "When I heard about it on the radio, I realized I was responsible."

Billie," says Bo, "This is wrong."

Hope rushes the cops screaming, "Throw the book at her!"

Bo steps in, "You can't arrest her."

Frankie says he thought Jack was dead. He stayed away for a year. Then when he got here and found out Jack was alive, he felt like a fool, "I shoulda caught the next flight back to DC. I came here for you. Back then Jack didn't know he was dying. If I had left he wouldn't have been able to talk me into staying. I tried to say no. He was so convincing when he told me you still care."

"I do care about you," says Jennifer, "But I still love Jack. That will never change."

Abby asks, "Chelsea killed Zach?"

"Accidentally," says Max, "But she's intentionally letting Billie take the blame. You have to help me convince Chelsea to tell the truth."

Hope tells Bo he's insane. Hope and Billie argue. Chaos reigns as Abby and Max come in. Abby tells little snot she has to tell the truth. The brat cries.

Kate extols Shawn's virtues. She tells Phillip she's come up with a way to start thanking Mimi and Shawn for helping with Claire.

Shawn says Mimi is helping him hold together right now. Mimi needs to check in with Bonnie. Shawn sits down to think. Smoke rises. He remembers Zach's ghost telling him he and Belle are meant to be together. Belle comes up. She says she knows what he was thinking about.

John busts into Marlena's office and sees the signs of the fight. He rushes out into the hall and says, "All right, North, what did you do with her?"

Alex holds onto Marlena as she dangles over the ledge. Lois whacks him with the pipe. Alex collapses as Marlena screams.

Frankie and Jennifer blather on. She doesn't mean to send him mixed messages. "Helping me unclog drains is one thing but... I should have never gotten in the shower with you."

"I should have left my shorts on," he says.

Jennifer confesses, "All I wanted then was for you to kiss me. I am not ready for that."

"Of course not," says Frankie, "And maybe you never will be. There is one thing you have had complete clarity about, and that was me going back to DC. I should have listened."

"You were going to leave until you broke your leg," says Jennifer, "You have helped me with so much."

"You know how I feel now," says Frankie, "Maybe one day it will be for real, but now it isn't, so I should keep going."

"Since you came back here we haven't talked about you," says Jennifer, "What about the women in your life? Have there been others since Eve?"

"Well... yeah," says Frankie, "There was Carmen... Courtney... Claudia. But they didn't work out. Maybe I should have moved on to the "D’s.'"

Jennifer asks, "How is it you haven't been able to find someone special?"

"You know why," says Frankie, "I am so crazy about you."

Abby works on the brat to take the blame. Max joins in. Abby says, "This isn't like lying to your teacher about why your term paper is late. You didn't mean to do it. The longer you keep lying the worse it will look."

"I could go to jail," whines the little leach.

"The more honest you are now the more likely they are to go easy on you," says Max.

The brat whines, "I never thought it was Zach I hit. I never meant to hurt him."

Abby says, "You've gotta tell them the truth, not just for yourself, but for Bo, Billie, Hope and for Zach. He's watching out for you now. Just like the Bensons. Just like my dad is for me. What do you say?"

"I say if all these people are watching out for us, they're not doing a very good job," says the brat, "All right. But I can't go just yet. I have to talk to Bo and Hope first – in private, OK?"

Abby hugs her, "I am so proud of you."

"Just visit me in jail," says the brat.

"Every day, if it comes to that," says Abby.

"It's not what you think," says Bo, "I'm not protecting Billie, but there is someone else I am protecting."

Hope says, "OMG! It's Chelsea." Pan to the brat as she walks in the door.

Belle and Shawn talk as Kate watches. Phillip tells her, "Wow! That's quite the idea, Mom. Do you want me to go with you?"

"No," Kate leaves.

Shawn tells Belle he was thinking about the dream. Belle thinks it was so real, "Zach was right about Claire pulling though. I wonder if the other thing he said will happen, too." Shawn stares.

Mimi ends her call with Bonnie and bumps into Kate. "We have to talk," says Kate.

Lois drags Alex away from the ledge. Marlena begs Lois as she pries her fingers up. Alex comes back grabs Lois from behind. He starts to hit her as John rushes out and stops him.

Frankie and Jennifer. Blah, blah, blah. Yada, yada, yada. Zap, zap, zap. Barf, barf, barf.

Frankie tells Jennifer, "There is a part of me that thought we would end up living happily for all the Days Of Our Lives. It isn't going to happen, is it?"

"No," says Jennifer, "It can't."

Hope turns to Bo, "You're not trying to protect Billie. You're trying to protect Chelsea from the fact that her mother is a cold blooded child killer."

"No, Hope," says Bo, "That's not it."

"Yes it is." Hope turns to the brat, "Chelsea, I'm so sorry."

Chelsea bolts. Max and Abby follow.

Hope screams, "Why are you defending the woman who killed our son?"

"You don't understand," says Bo.

"I understand perfectly," yells Hope, "You are putting Billie first. I hope she rots in prison." Hope storms off as she tells the cops, "Get her out of here."

Bo asks for a minute with Billie. He tells her, "This isn't over. The truth will come out."

"Let it go, Bo," says Billie, "This way only one life will be ruined. Chelsea will have her life and YOU will have yours. If Hope finds out you singed that permit, your marriage is over. You know I'm right Bo." The cops drag her off.

The brat says she wants to tell but she is too afraid. Billie overhears as they haul her off to the hoosegow, "Don't be afraid, sweetheart. I'll be fine. Just remember I love you."

Kate apologizes to Mimi for blurting out about the engagement. Mimi isn't really upset. Kate says she and Phillip have had a terrific idea about her wedding. One of your first assignments at Basic Black will be to elope with Shawn."

Shawn thinks they were hearing what they wanted to hear about Claire. Belle asks about the 'other part.' "It's complicated," says Shawn, "You were my first love. A part of me wishes we could be together. That doesn't mean I think it's something we should do. Just because we had the same dream doesn't mean we should throw everything away.

"That sounds grown up," says Belle, "The old Shawn..."

"...is gone," he says.

Marlena screams for help. She falls as John reaches for her.

Mimi wants to know what Kate is talking about. Basic Black will pay all their expenses, "You can pull out all the stops. You can choose the French Riviera or Switzerland for a honeymoon."

Mimi is thrilled, "What's the catch?"

"There is no catch," says Kate, "As long as you get Shawn married and out of town. Get him off the planet if you can. Oh, and I want you to document it for Salem Style magazine. After everything you did for Claire it's just our way of saying than you."

Mimi says, "It's wonderful. Of course I'll have to check with Shawn." She leaves to tell him the good news.

"You do that," says conniving Kate.

Shawn is happy for Belle and Phillip, "And now I am choosing to move on with my life with Mimi."

Belle says, "I guess all I can say is congratulations." Hugs. Mimi watches and wonders. She comes up to them. Belle tells her how happy she is for them.

Phillip comes out and says to Shawn and Mimi, "The only thing I'm gonna wish you guys is you wind up just as happy as Belle and I are."

Frankie gives Jennifer his card.

Jennifer says, "I just lost my husband, now I feel like I'm losing my best friend."

"I'm just a two hour plane ride away," says Frankie, "I left a note for Abby." A little kiss and he's off, "Goodbye, Jennifer."

"Goodbye." He limps out the door. Jennifer cries, "Gosh Jack, how could you do this to me?"

Frankie looks back and watches Jennifer though the window, "I love you. I always have. I always will." He turns and leaves.

John catches Marlena and pulls her up. He lunges at North and starts to push him off the roof as Marlena yells, "IT WASN'T HIM! IT WAS LOIS!"

The brat says, "I love you Mom, and that's why I can't..."

Billie cuts her off, "Yes you can. Everything will be fine." She turns to the cops, "Let's go."

They haul her off. Max and Abby pile on. "I can't go to jail," whines the brat.

Bo tells Hope they took Billie down to the station. Hugs. "I should have realized it was Chelsea you're trying to protect," says Hope, "She's been through so much, and then to realize her mother killed Zach. He's never coming back. Justice will be done." FF Bo.


Previews
========

Bo says, "When I tell Hope the truth she's gonna turn her back on me, and I can't let her go through this on her own."

Carrie asks Lucas, "What kind of heartless person would do this to my employees?"

Austin says, "Carrie is the CEO of Highstyle. She is the person's life I just destroyed." Sami looks sooooooo concerned.

Hope says to Roman, "She stole Bo's car and committed hit-and-run. What do you call that? What is it if it's not murder?"

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Frankifer beating a dead horse...HAHAHAHA But, it's the audience that's taking a beating. I plan to take all of Prevuze's suggestions (well maybe not the barf part) and zap, zap, zap.

Hey, and tomorrow Roman finally shows up. "Hey, Pard! Where ya been??"

11:26 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


Blogarama     Globe Of Blogs