Wednesday, January 11, 2006

You, Four Walls And A Cat

Lucas. Sami. Heavy breathing. "Lucas..."

Abe and Lexie hug.

Lexie says, "We have to have the liver for Claire while it's still viable. I can't believe he's gone. I can't believe God would take that precious little boy. It was hard enough when we found out he belonged to Bo and Hope."

Abe says, "I know. We could still watch him grow up and be part of his life. Maybe you should have one of the other doctors do this operation."

"No," says Lexie, "I have to do it. This way I'll know it is done carefully. I couldn't save him but I have to make sure his liver saves Claire."

"It seems so unfair," whines Belle.

Shawn says, "If Claire makes it, it's like Zach can live on." Phillip goes for information.

"Zach was the best," says Belle, "I really loved him."

"Me too," says Shawn. He hugs Belle.

Mimi has an uncomfortable moment. She decides to go get some water. As she leaves, she turns to watch. Bonnie comes up to her, "Leaving the two of them alone like that... Have you lost your mind? Are you trying to lose Shawn?" Mimi stares.

Shawn gives Belle a tissue. Stock tip: as long as Belle is around, Kleenex is rated a buy. "The only thing that will help is if justice is done," says Shawn.

The sewer rat says to herself, "It just couldn't have been me." She flashes back. Max brings hot chocolate and she jumps down his throat.

He wonders what her tirade was all about. She says, "You don't understand. This is all my fault."

The cops accuse Bo of driving the car that killed Zach. Bo goes off the deep end. Hope backs him up.

"Whoever killed Zach has to be punished," says Belle. Shawn tells her to stay focused on Claire.

"You're amazing," says Belle, "You just lost your brother and you're worried about my daughter."

Bonnie lectures Mimi. She's worried Belle will horn in. Mimi tells her all this is irrelevant given the circumstances. Bonnie backs off. She's devastated about Zach, "But that doesn't change the matter at hand. Belle should be crying on Phillip's shoulder. Go show your sexy fiancée how good your shoulder feels."

Mimi goes back in. She asks Shawn how he is doing, then reconsiders, "I know... how would I think you are doing?"

"Your being here means so much," says Shawn.

Phillip comes back in and announces the surgery has started. Belle will never forget what they owe Zach and his family. The couples hug.

The cops tell Hope and Bo Zach was hit by their own car.

"No one other than us drives that car," says Hope.

Bo flashes back to his stupid decision. He tells them they are jumping to conclusions. The cops say they can prove this.

Max asks the brat why she thinks it's her fault. She tells him she may have hit Zach.

"You couldn't," he says.

"I heard the cops talking," says the worm, "They think Bo's SUV was involved."

Max does a 180°, "If it was, you are the driver that killed Zack."

Lucas and Sami take a breather, "That was incredible says Lucas. Better than ever."

Back to reality. Sami says, "Lucas, why are you looking at me like that?"

"I'm trying to figure out what you are doing here," says Lucas.

"I told you," says Sami, "I must have sleepwalked here."

"I'm supposed to believe you sleepwalked here, climbed into my bed and started kissing me," asks Lucas.

"Don't forget," says Sami, "You were kissing me back.

"Maybe I was asleep, too."

"Well, you're awake now," says Sami, "And I know that look, so why don't you tell me what you are thinking."

"I gotta ask you the same thing," says Lucas.

Flashback. "I asked you first," says Sami, "You don't even have to say it... Having me in your bed, kissing me. You regret breaking up with me, don’t you?" Lucas stares.

The brat whines, "I only took my eyes off the road for one second."

"That's all it takes," says Max, "We don't know this for sure."

The brat whines, "Bo and Hope would go ballistic. I'll be grounded! He would disown me."

The cops show Bo and Hope the evidence, "It's pretty conclusive, detective."

"This can't be happening," says Hope, "Bo, tell them you didn't do this." She goes berserk, "TELL THEM YOU DIDN'T KILL ZACH!"

Bo has Jennifer take Hope away. He turns to the cops, "I wasn't driving that SUV."

Officer Hammond asks, "OK, then who was?"

Into surgery we go. Lexie says the transplant will be risky, "I suggested taking her off life support. If her parents had listened to me... Isaac you are doing a beautiful thing. You are giving Claire the gift of life. If God has to take you, at least he's given us a miracle." Slice and dice... she hands the nurse the liver.

The doc comes in and announces Claire isn't in good shape. They aren't optimistic about the transplant.

Phillip says, "Thank God the liver was a match."

Mimi rambles on with some verbal gymnastics about blood types. Bonnie listens in the background.

"I don't mean to barge in," says Bonnie, as she barges in. She comforts Belle and Phillip, "Just keep believing. That's what your daughter needs right now." She turns to Shawn, "I'm so sorry about Zach. I know how much you loved him. I need to borrow Mimi for a minute."

Out in the hall, Mimi asks, "What do you think you are doing."

"Saving you from yourself," says Bonnie, "You were wondering why Shawn and Zach were a match and Phillip wasn't. Think like that and you can kiss your fiancée goodbye forever."

Shawn talks about Zach wanting Claire to have his blanket, "He wanted to do what he could to help Claire. And now he is."

The cops pressure Bo. He goes over to Hope. He tells her the cops are rookies and they need his help. He suggests Hope and Jennifer go for some air, "I would never do anything to hurt Zach. They are just doing their job. I'll see you in a couple minutes."

Back to the cops. They want a full statement. They want to know who borrowed his car. Bo wants to talk to Abe. They give him a few minutes. Bo leaves.

Officer Daniels asks, "It's a simple question. Why does he keep avoiding it?"

Abe and Bo talk. "Are there any new leads," asks Abe. He looks over at the cops, "Why are they still here?"

"They think they found their perp...ME," says Bo, "They have evidence which proves my SUV hit Zach. Abe, I wasn't driving."

Abe asks, "Was it stolen?"

"No."

"Bo," says Abe, "You're not making sense. Did you loan it?"

Max tells the brat, "Bo disowning you is the least of your worries. You could go to jail."

"You have to help me," she whines, "Get me out of Salem."

Abe says, "I don't know who you're trying to protect, but whoever was driving that car is looking a vehicular homicide. Who was it?"

Jennifer comforts Hope. Hope can't believe the nightmare. Noting makes any sense.

Jennifer says, "That is why you need to hold on to what you know is true. Your husband loves you. He wouldn't hurt you."

Hope says, "The police said there is proof it was his car. Whoever else could have been driving?"

The driver herself sees Bo staring at her. She wants to run. Max tries to tell her it was an accident. She cries, "If I would have known I would have stopped. It's irrelevant. I did it. Zach is dead. What am I gonna do?"

"First," suggests Max, "Talk to a lawyer."

She whines, "I'm going to prison, aren't I."

"Probably," says Max, "Unless that lawyer I suggested you should get is Mickey. Then you'll be ridin' the gurney with an IV in your arm..

Abe asks again. Bo tells him he has to find out what happened before he talks about this. Abe tries to convince him to play this honestly with Hope.

With only the kind of timing you get on DOOL, Hope walks up and says, "Be honest with me about what? Bo, what's going on?"

Belle has an awful feeling about Claire. Phillip reassures her.

"Some good has got to come of Zach's death," says Shawn, "Claire has a long life ahead of her and has two parents who love her more than anything."

Mimi wonders about blood types. Bonnie says, "These things happen. They transplant livers from strangers all the time. Zach and Claire are related through Phillip. Just be glad about this. If you love Shawn you need to focus your attention on him. Momma's always right. Who told you Shawn was the man for you before you even were willing to admit it?"

Mimi rolls her eyes, "You."

Bonnie orders, "Then get that cute butt in there with him."

Mimi leaves. Bonnie prays, "Shawn can't be Claire's father. Please, God, don't do this to me or Mimi."

Mimi returns. Shawn asks if she's OK. This startles her, "Am I OK... Shawn." Hugs. "Listen," she says, "I know it will be hard, but you and your parents will get through this."

"When you say that," says Shawn, "I start to believe it." Bonnie watches and smiles.

Sami says, "Why haven't you answered my question?"

"What we had is over," says Lucas.

"I couldn't agree with you more," says Sami

"Yeah," says Lucas, "Then why did you sleepwalk into my bed?"

"Why did you leave your apartment door unlocked," she asks.

"Don't worry," says Lucas, "It's a mistake I won't make again."

Sami turns to leave, "Me either."

Lucas asks, "Where do you think you're going with my sheet?"

"For your information," says Sami, "You managed to get my nightgown off when I was sleeping. Want me to walk out of here naked?"

"Fine," says Lucas, "You can bring it back later."

Sami says, "You can go back to your pointless fantasies about Carrie."

"And you can go back to dreaming about Austin," says Lucas.

"At least my dreams have a chance of coming true," says Sami.

"If you were dreaming about Austin why did you come here," asks Lucas, "I think I know. I'm the one you're really dreaming about aren't I?" Sami stares.

Mimi brings the group an update on the transplant – it will be a while before they know how the transplant is going. Belle knows God is looking out for Claire. Phillip and Belle leave.

Shawn and Mimi talk. The atheist of yesterday turns into the preacher of today. Shawn knows God is watching over Zach and will help Claire pull through. He believes Zach is in a better place. Mimi believes they will all see him again. "And please help us find the driver who did this," says Shawn.

The cops vow not to blow this case. "Someone's going down for killing that kid," says Daniels, "And we're gonna figure out who."

The brat begs Max to help her get out of town. Max stares.

Hope presses Bo, "What does Abe want you to be honest with me about? Do you know who killed Zach? The truth Brady... Why was your car involved?"

Bo tells her, "You have to calm down."

"Calm down," screams Hope, "My baby is dead. Don't tell me to calm down. You tell me the truth. You tell me you had nothing to do with it. You tell me you weren’t responsible. I want to hear it from you. Tell me the police are wrong."

Lexie hugs Abe and says the surgery was touch and go but Claire came through, "Now we just wait and hope it takes."

Hope piles on. Bo tells her he wouldn't do anything to hurt their children. Lexie interrupts. She hands Hope a sedative. Hope doesn't want it. "It's OK Fancy Face, I am here, I love you," says Bo.

Hope cries, "Why did our baby have to die?"

"I don't know," says Bo.

The cops come up.

Bo says, "I have to be here with my wife." The cops object. Abe steps in. He tells them to back off. Bo stares.

Lexie comes into the chapel. She tells them the transplant was a success, but Claire still has a long road ahead of her.

Sami tells Lucas, "You have one hell of an ego. I was dreaming about Austin. You still want me."

"In your dreams," says Lucas.

Sami says, "We should stop talking. Will could come out here. You don't have a chance with Carrie."

"I have a better chance with her than you do with Austin," says Lucas, "You're going to be all alone. It will be you, four walls and a cat."

Sami gives her parting shot, "We'll see who winds up alone, Lucas."

Lucas shakes his head, "You're still your own worst enemy."

Out in the hall, Sami says, "We'll see Lucas... I will have the last laugh. You'll see."

Sami goes back into her apartment, "Lucas wants me back. But it's too late. I will get Austin. He will be mine." Flashback to the website showing Carrie as the CEO. "Carrie will never speak to him again. I will be Mrs. Austin Reed."

Lucas tells himself, "There is no way Austin will ever get involved with Sami again. And when he takes over Highstyle, Carrie will be mine." He goes back to bed.

There is joy in the chapel. Lexie tells them the next few days are critical, "We have to make sure she doesn't reject the liver."

Shawn says, "That's not gonna happen. She's gonna make it."

Jennifer tries to calm Hope down. Hope isn't having any of it.

Hammond tells Abe, "I don't mean any disrespect, but you're not the commander any more. Either he will answer our questions or we have to take him to jail for obstruction."

Bo tells Max he needs to talk to the slimeball. Max leaves.

Staredown. Bo says, "You said you hit something. I want the truth. Was it Zach? TELL ME! DID YOU KILL MY SON?" FF




Previews
========

Hope drones, "Zach... Please don't take him from me..."

Bo yells at the brat, "You hit my son! You killed Zach!"

John tells Abe, "My main concern is Marlena. Now I know that she's safe." Comatose Alex thinks, "SAFE? SHE'S NOT SAFE AT ALL!"

Crazed Lois tells an unconscious Marlena, "Now look what you've done. You're going to pay for this."

3 Comments:

Blogger Quiet one said...

"Sobzilla" that's hilarious!

And where is "Pard" anyway?

Yeah, they'll accuse the Brat of hit and run, but we all know she didn't do it. THAT would be too easy.

4:30 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Loved Sobzilla and the stock tip to buy Kleenex!!

I feel like I'm reading the Perils of Pauline....what's going on with Alex/Lois? Tuesday we were left with Lois about to unplug Alex's machines. Two days later and still no mention of the duo. Of course, I don't know what good unplugging any of the machines will do Lois. It's not like he's hooked up to life support or anything!

That would have to be more interesting that watching more of Sobzilla's whining or Bonnie's never ending "advice" to Meems.

7:02 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Bo staring some brat down for running his son down and killin him...and seems like Hope is lost in the mix here..
Sami left her nightgown that lucas took off her her whilst she slept[ ok]is somewhere in the bedroom[ i betcha it is on the floor]
yet she chooses to wear a sheet out into the hall[maybe so people would see her wrapped in it?}

8:01 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


Blogarama     Globe Of Blogs