Friday, October 14, 2005

That Got The Lava Flowing

Phillip tells Claire mommy just got a little emotional, "She'll be feeling better soon. When she wakes up we'll walk upstairs and give her a big kiss."

Belle watches the Shawn and Mimi show. Down the ladder. Nope, changed her mind. She goes back for another look. She starts back down. Mimi and Shawn hear something.


"Who is there," asks Shawn.


Roman is surprised to see Lucas working at the bar, "It's not the best job in the world for ..."


"An alcoholic," says Lucas, "I've heard that tonight. But now I will be working with Victor."

"You deserve a break," says Roman, "Look, Sami let you and Will down."


"That's Sami I guess," says Lucas, "I don't understand how the charges got dropped."

"You have your brother to thank for that," says Roman.

"And I thought Sami was a traitor," says Lucas.


Nicole leans over the pool table and lets it all hang out. Austin misses. "Can't handle a small distraction," asks Nicole.


"Who said anything about small," asks Austin.

Nicole lines up a shot. Sami pushes her and makes her flub. "Your game is over," says Sami.

"You won't get away with this," says Nicole


Alex tells John, "Take your hands off her."


"I'm talking to my wife," snarls John.

Kate tells Alex, "You don't want to fight John when he's in this mood."


"I'm not worried about his mood," says Alex.

"John is on to you, Alex," says Kate.

John tells Marlena she is making a mistake with North. Marlena points out John is out with Kate. "Kate is my friend," says John, "She isn't using me like North is using you. When we have some time we can talk this out."

"I'm not sure that's a good idea," says Marlena.


John says, "I'm sorry I've been pressuring you, but you have to ask why I am doing that. We had a good marriage. You were the love of my life. I was the love of yours."

Kate tells Alex she has been watching him, "I think you're romancing her."


"My only objective is to help her recover," says Alex, "If John was concerned about her he would stop pressuring her. I think I will let the police handle this." Maybe he doesn't like John's mood after all.


"John, I can't do this right now," says Marlena.


"OK," says John, "As long as you aren’t closing the door. I know we can work this out."

"I have to go," she says.


"I want you to do something for me," says John, "When you go to bed tonight, lock your door, so North won't pay you any midnight visits." Better lock your windows, too.

Marlena says, "John, I am not sleeping with Alex. He is my therapist. I trust him."

"And I don't trust him," says John, "Especially after the way I saw the two of you together."

Oops. "Are you spying on us," asks Marlena.


Lucas doesn't want Sami back on death row but says she shouldn't walk. Roman is relieved she isn't going to jail, "Now we can see if she can put the pieces back together. I thought you two were good together."

"We were for a while," says Lucas. Sophie watches. Beyond her Nicole and Sami fight.


Roman sighs, "I guess you could say that about your mom and me. We were good too... for a while."

"Maybe it's good – her losing you," says Lucas, "Maybe now she will change. Maybe she will stop butting in to other people's lives." Maybe hell will freeze over, too.


"I have a feeling there is some good woman waiting for you," says Roman.

"For you, too," says Lucas.

Bonnie overhears and seizes the opportunity, "If anyone here is looking for female companionship, I'm here."

Austin can't stand the two girls fighting. Sami and Nicole hug and swear they are buds. When Austin leaves they go back at it.

Nicole tells Sami Austin is a free agent and Sami can't stop her.

"That's where you're wrong Nicole. I am going to stop you dead in your tracks," says Sami.

Shawn says he didn't see anything.

Belle climbs down. No slip this time. The only kind of writing the DOOL authors are good at is rewriting history.

Phillip talks to Claire. The Blonde Bozo comes in. Phillip hands Claire to Belle. "Your hands are freezing," he says.

"I went on the roof," says Belle, "I'm fine. Honest. I'm sorry I got so upset earlier. I just wish I knew why I am so emotional."

Phillip announces, "Lexie thinks you have postpartum depression. I've been researching it. Eighty per cent of women develop 'Baby Blues.'"

Belle flashes back to the roof. "Actually," she says, "I think it could be something else."

Mimi says maybe they heard a ghost from their past. The rooftop is known as a special place for people in love. Shawn says they have to leave the memories behind and make new ones. Another kiss. Mimi asks, "Are you... Are you ready to take the next step?"

Bonnie serves Roman a beer on the house, "Misery loves company, but here's to not being miserable for long. You've been through the wringer with Kate and it can't be easy being Sami's father either."

"Sami has been a challenge," says Roman.

"Maybe I can help," Bonnie goes over for a chat with Sami. As she goes, she says to herself, "One of the best ways to a man's heart is through his children, but I'm not sure I can get through to this one."

She says to Sami, "I can see little green monsters in your eyes. What's the story? I thought you were madly in love with Lucas, but it looks like your sights are set on Austin."

Austin is distracted. Nicole says, "Austin, please tell me you're not going for that loser Sami."

Marlena asks when John saw them together. John tells her up at the cabin. Marlena tells him about transference. John says that isn't what is going on here. Alex put her up to asking for the divorce. Marlena says that isn't possible. John asks her to just lock her door when she goes to bed.

Kate comes up and says Alex won't call the police as long as he can take Marlena home now.

"Rest easy," says John. Alex and Marlena leave. John thanks Kate for getting Alex away from him.

"OK," says Kate, "Let's go back to the hotel and order room service."

"Good idea. Then I can keep a closer eye on them," says John.

Shawn contemplates.

"A penny for your thoughts," says Mimi. A high price indeed to pay for Shawn's thoughts.

"I think we should take it slow," says Shawn, "This is great but it's strange."

"It isn't anything either of us expected," says Mimi.

"It's made life a lot more bearable," says Shawn, "We both just got off really bad breakups and we don't want to go through that again."

"OK," says Mimi, "We'll take it slow."

Shawn says, "It's cold. Let's go downstairs."

"I'll make hot chocolate," says Mimi. As Shawn walks away, she tells herself, "Mimi, keep your big mouth shut. Don't ruin this!"

Belle says, "Maybe it's just that I feel so lucky. I have a beautiful baby and a loving husband. Maybe I'm afraid of losing you."

Phillip asks, "You really think that is going to happen? I love you more every day. You're stuck with me. And this little girl will love you even more."

"I love you so much," says Belle.

It's slap and tickle as Shawn and Mimi come into their apartment. Mimi says she ruined supper, but not dessert. She bought chocolate lava cake, "Maybe it goes with the dinner. You know – fire and lava."

Belle and Phillip hear the festivities. Phillip says, "Sounds like Shawn and Mimi are having a pretty good time."

Belle snaps, "Yes."

Phillip asks, "What, you have a problem with that?"

Belle says, "Do you want an honest answer... Yes, I do!"

"Lucas or Austin," asks Bonnie. Sami walks away. Bonnie says, "I guess that means you'll keep your options open. Believe me, one man tied and branded is better than two on the range. By the way, your dad is hot." Of course, to Bonnie, any man who breathes is hot.

Sami says, "Bonnie, you're not dating my dad."

Sami and Roman talk. Roman tells her "You and Lucas are over."

No, they're just between calamities, "Dad, I'm gonna get Lucas back. It will just take time."

Bonnie comes up as Sami leaves. "You trying to get me drunk," asks Roman.

"Trying to cheer you up."

Sophie makes her move, "How about it, Lucas ? You and me – a movie or ball game or something?"

Lucas says, "That is the nicest invitation I've had in a long time. I'd have to say no. I just went through hell with Sami and I am not ready to go out again."

"When you are ready, call me," says Sophie.

"OK," says Lucas, "I might just do that."

"Lucas," says Sophie, "I can make you forget about Sami."

"Yeah."

Sami watches and cries.

Austin asks Nicole why Sami bothers her so much. He claims he and Sami are just friends. He tells Nicole, "I won't abandon Sami."

Sami overhears, "Thanks Austin. I knew I could count on you."

Marlena is distant. Alex asks what she is thinking about.

"John."

Wrong answer. Alex pulls out the pendant.

"Alex, I'm feeling tired," says Marlena, "I just want to sleep."

"Sweet dreams," he says. Marlena leaves. Alex says, "She can't go back to John. I've worked too hard, come too far."

Peeping John watches, "I hope Marlena remembers what I told her. She has to make sure North keeps his distance tonight."

Alex says, "I can beat John at his own game, and I know exactly how to do it."

Marlena combs her hair. John watches. He sees her lock the door. "Attagirl," he says, "Too bad, North. Try anything tonight you just ran into a brick wall." Kate hands him a drink.

Alex listens to the recorder, "You - must - divorce - John. Stay - with - the - man - you - rely - on, Alex." He says, "Perfect," as he climbs the stairs.

Austin comes up to the bar, "I'd like a cup of coffee, Bro.

"Sure thing, Bro."

"What is your problem," asks Austin.

"I heard you got the charges dropped," says Lucas.

"What do you want, Lucas," asks Austin, "She is the mother of your son and now you want to see her fry."

"I don't want to see her fry. She needs to be punished. What – are you falling for her again," says Lucas.

Sami tells Nicole what she is dong won't work, "You could play pool topless and Austin wouldn't give you a second glance."

"Good idea," says Nicole, "Maybe I'll try it. It's a good thing he had the smarts to leave you at the altar. Last time I let him slip through my fingers, but this time we'll wind up together."

Sami seethes, "Over my dead body."

Belle tells Phillip Mimi and Shawn mean a lot to her. She doesn’t want either of them to get hurt.

"Life is about taking chances," says Phillip, "Have you seen how they are together? It's like they belong together."

Shawn feeds Mimi cake. He smooshes it into her face.

"Thank you so much," says Mimi, "I'm a mess now. I probably look like a guy with this mustache."

"You definitely don't look like a guy," says Shawn. He 'cleans it up.' Things get pretty hot. Shawn stops, "I'm sorry."

"Whew," says Mimi, "That got the lava flowing."

Shawn says, "I shouldn't be sending you mixed signals. We have plenty of time, right? What do you say I take that chocolate down a notch. You look beautiful. I got a movie. You want to watch a movie?"

"Yes," she says. He starts the movie.

Phillip gives Belle a box of chocolates. He says he knew she was craving chocolate while she was pregnant but avoided it. She kisses him, "Make love to me."

"Are you sure," he asks.

"Of course."

"The doc said to wait six weeks."

"I know my own body, Phillip."

Well if you insist.

"I want you so much," says Belle.

Bonnie brings Roman a meal. "Eat up! You need some meat on those bones."

"Since I broke up with Kate," says Roman, "I haven't been eating much. I hate to eat alone."

"Who says you have to eat alone," asks Bonnie.

Roman says, "Have a seat."

Lucas and Austin talk about Sami and Nicole. "What's with you, man? You have to have everything I once had? You have 'little brother' issues," says Lucas.

"I think you're the one with the problem," says Austin.

Nicole tells Sami she is going after Austin, "If you don't like it, that just makes it that much sweeter." Sami threatens to tell everyone what Nicole did.

Alex tries the door. Locked. "Does John really think this will stop me?"

John watches, "Lights are out. Must be asleep." Kate brings dinner. John says, "North won't get anywhere near her tonight."

The binoculars lay unattended while Alex sneaks out on the ledge. Smirk. FF.


Previews
========

Austin says, "You know, sometimes Nicole, I wonder if you have any heart at all."

Belle is on the roof. Shawn comes through the door. Belle breaks down.

John yells, "We need to get North out of that penthouse." Sami says, "Mom needs our help."

Roman, John, Sami and Austin burst into the penthouse. Roman yells, "All right! Marlena!"

Alex drones, "Alex is the only man you should be with." Marlena chants, "I hear Alex. I understand."

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Bulldog beat me to my comments!! HA

Pard & Bonnie are an interesting pair. Maybe they really clicked during Bonnie's wedding fantasy. Or, was he not one of her fantasy grooms?

I especially appreciated the picture INSIDE Prevuze. A new Prevuze innovation!

10:34 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


Blogarama     Globe Of Blogs