Friday, October 07, 2005

Tears, Tears, Tears

Kate says to herself, "I can't believe because of me Sami is not going to jail." She flashes back to the conversation where Austin figured it out. "Austin, how could you do this after everything Sami has done..." Kate snaps back to what we loosely refer to as reality, "But there is one thing Sami did as Stan which could put her in jail for a few years."

Shawn reads the classifieds. He has circled one job ad. Peabody's department store has openings for mannequins. Shawn pauses to remember the kiss. Caroline notices he's looking off into never-never land, "You're thinking about a girl, aren't you? I've raised sons. I know that look."

Bo comes up and asks what that was about raising sons. Caroline tells him she thinks Shawn is getting over Belle.

"He doesn't have much choice," says Bo.

"No, I don't," says Shawn.

"So," says Caroline, "Who's the girl?" Shawn smiles and stares.

"Mimi," says Gloriane, "So good to see you. The last time you were in, we were getting you all dolled up for a big night. Let me see your ring."

Silence and an empty ring finger.

"Oh, geez," says Gloriane, "Me and my big mouth. Wasn't a certain someone going to propose?"

"So I thought," says Mimi, "but he didn't. So I did, and he said no. But then he did and I said yes. But we broke it off."

"Well," says Gloriane, "It really has been a long time. Any chance for a reconciliation?"

"No, he got some dream job in another city."

"Oh," says Gloriane, "so he got cold feet, 'Honey I'm going to get situated and then I'll call for you.' Instead it was aloha and a steel guitar. I've heard that story a thousand times. Men think we're so stupid. But it's OK, honey. Things happen for a reason. So are you seeing anyone else?"

Mimi flashes back to the kiss. "Awwwww," says Gloriane, "There is someone, isn't there? Who is it? You can tell me."

Across the room, a half-mummified figure raises up to listen.

"Shawn Brady," says Mimi.

"GET OUT," says Gloriane. The mummy nods.

Alex contemplates his recorder. He flashes back to the phone conversation when he mesmerized Marlena over the phone, "Listen to the music, Marlena, and you will know what you have to do." He switches off the recorder. He takes a bottle of pills out of his pocket, "Now, in case that didn't do the trick..."

John can't believe Marlena still wants a divorce. Marlena says she was affected by the trip down memory lane, but she can't remember any of it. John thinks things were going good until the phone call came in, "That was Dr. North, wasn't it? What kind of thoughts is he putting into your head? You loved me."

"I don't have any feelings for you any more," says Marlena, "That's why I want the divorce, and need to ask you to move out as soon as possible."

Jack wheels Jack Junior around, "We need to talk... man to baby. It's incomprehensible to me I wasn't there when you were born, and now I won't be there to watch you growing up. I had two dads growing up and I think you did a lot better than me. Speaking as your first father, I love you more than words can say. Your grandfather was pretty famous around these parts. He was senator Harper Devereaux. He became famous for some not very nice things he did. Suffice it to say I was adopted. So anyone who says he was your real grandfather is wrong... not that your real grandfather was a much of a stand-up guy either. Abigail, then you, came along and you changed everything. You changed me for the better. Still, you're not gonna remember me. I know that. That's a fact, Jack. Just like I never remembered my real father. I'm still gonna leave you something. And that’s... a father figure. Someone you can look up to. Frankie Brady. I know. What am I thinking? Pushing your mother into another man's arms. Every time I think about it, it kills me a little faster."

Jennifer says, "I knew Jack was sick, but he can't be dying."

Frankie tells her, "Talk to Jack about this."

"He doesn't want me to know," says Jennifer, "It says this medicine is used only to treat a fatal disease, but it isn't a cure. It's prolonging the inevitable. Oh Frankie this can't be happening." Hug.

Kate can't get John on the phone, "Where did you disappear to John? There is only one place you could be."

"MOVE OUT," yells John, "You can't be thinking clearly."

"You're right," says Marlena, "I can't. If you move out, maybe I can figure out my life."

John's phone rings. He picks up, "WHAT?!"

"John, are you OK," asks Kate.

"NOT A GOOD TIME!" He hangs up. John needs to work on his communication skills, but at least he gets his point across.

Alex comes in, "Are you OK?"

John snaps, "That's the second time I've been asked that question in the last twenty seconds. NO! GET OUT OF MY HOUSE!" John doesn't like the furniture arrangement, so he gives a flower pot a ride across the room."

Alex says, "I was just trying to serve my patient."

John yells, "The only thing you were going to serve her at your cabin was yourself."

Alex says, "You know Marlena is so fragile she can't deal with her family and friends right now."

"Her family and friends are the only ones who can help her deal with this," says John. He begs Marlena not to make him move out.

"I'm sorry," says Marlena, "My mind is made up."

Jennifer says she is going to call Lexie to come over. "If I talked to Jack about this, he would just joke about it. With Jack you have to do your homework, and then call him on it." She calls Lexie.

Lexie answers. Jennifer says, "Are you busy right now? It's Jack. Something is wrong."

"I'll be right there," says Lexie.

Jennifer tells Frankie, "If Jack is dying, I'm going to find out for sure."

Shown doesn't want to talk about his love life with his grandmother. Imagine that. Caroline leaves. Bo sits down, "Maybe you wanna talk to your ole man? So is this girl... Mimi?"

Brainiac thinks its amazing Bo figured that out. Bo says, "Well, you live with her and you've been pretty close. You gonna pursue this?"

"I don't know," says Shawn, "There could be more."

Gloriane tells Mimi she wants to know all about Shawn. Mimi says he was her first crush and first kiss. "OK," says Gloriane, "I'm sensing a 'but' in here somewhere... bet he's got a cute one of those too."

Mimi tells her about the kiss in Paris, "After that kiss he started dating my best friend. Then she and Shawn dated for years but she married another guy and had his baby."

Gloriane asks, "So, what's the problemo?"

The mummy materializes in the form of Bonnie, "That's what I've been telling her."

Mimi asks, "What are you doing here?"

Bonnie tells Mimi, "It's time for you to rope and brand your initials on Shawn Brady's butt." I know from his escapades with Jan Shawn is a little kinky, but I don't think he'd go for that. "And I've got just the thing to help you do it."

John says, "Whatever Alex has done to you will stop right now!"

"I need you to go," says Marlena.

John says, "This is our home. You can't throw our life away. What happens when you remember, when you find out what a mistake you have made?" Silence. "I'll send for my things." John slams the album down and leaves.

Marlena whimpers.

John takes it out on the elevator. He's in the middle of giving the elevator doors a right cross as they open and there stands Kate. "John," she says, "what happened?" Hug.

Jack rambles on, "You know how important your mommy is. Your mommy is the most important person in your life. I hope you take after her in every way. If you all have Frankie Brady as a father, you will be set. I know he'd be crazy not to want to have Jennifer in his life. We've just got to make sure that's what your mommy wants too."

"I know all about doctor-patient confidentiality, but Lexie is my friend," says Jennifer.

Lexie arrives. Jennifer sticks the bottle of pills in her face, "Lexie, what's wrong? Please tell me my husband isn't dying." Lexie stares.

Mimi can't believe Bonnie ran out to her car in the her robe. A mummified Caroline pulls back the curtain. She can't believe it either.

Bonnie brings in a rope and branding iron and proudly shows them to Mimi. Caroline says, "HI!" Bonnie is embarrassed and slinks off.

Mimi apologizes for Bonnie's actions. Caroline assumes Bonnie wasn't speaking literally. I don't know. The rope and branding iron looked pretty real to me. Maybe that's why Bonnie always has to chase her men. "Besides," says Mimi, "there is nothing going on between Shawn and me."

"I had the impression there might be," says Caroline, "Grandmothers know these things."

"OK," says Mimi, "The truth is, we sort of kissed. It is a little bizarre saying these things to Shawn's grandma. The kiss was pretty intense but that was it. So I wonder..."

Caroline interrupts, "If there might be something more? If you want to find that out, here is what you have to do..."

Jennifer asks, "Why did you give my husband this prescription?"

"You know I can't tell you that," says Lexie.

Jennifer pleads, "Lexie, this is my husband we're talking about."

"I wish I could tell you," says Lexie, "But I can't."

"Lexie," begs Jennifer, "you're my best friend. Let's pretend we're not talking about Jack. I looked this drug up. Is there any hope? Am I jumping to conclusions?"

"I'm sorry I can't help you."

Jennifer freaks, "Yes you can help me."

Lexie says, "If you want answers you're going to have to take it up with Jack."

That was Jack's cue, "Jennifer," he says, "what's wrong?"

Jennifer wheels around, "I KNOW!"

Alex mixes a concoction. He gives Marlena the "tea."

Marlena says, "Alex, I'm wondering if I did the right thing asking John to leave. I thought it was what I should do."

Here's a real shocker, Alex thinks she did the right thing, "That took a lot of courage. He has set your recovery back."

Marlena says, "But, I'm glad I was here for Belle and the baby."

"Me too," says Alex, "But now we have to keep you in a controlled environment."

"I'm glad you're staying here," says Marlena.

"I have to," says Alex, "I am your doctor and your friend."

Kate says, "So Marlena asked for a divorce. What happened?"

"I don't know," says John, "We were at the Java Café, then North rolls in and then left and she did a turnaround and asked for a divorce. I agreed to move out."

Kate asks, "What are you gonna do now?"

"Let's not talk about this," says John, "So what's new in your life?"

"Never mind," says Kate, "This is not a good time."

"No," he urges, "Go ahead."

"OK," says Kate, "Maybe it will even help you. I need your help to nail Sami once and for all." If at first you don't succeed...

Shawn tells Bo he doesn’t know if either he or Mimi is ready to move on. He doesn't want to hurt her. He cares about her and she has been there for him, "I don't know what happened. Something just clicked in my mind." That must have been the sound of his last brain cell disintegrating.

Bo says, "Why don't you go pay that little girl a visit?" He hands Shawn a rose. Somehow Shawn figures out the rose is for Mimi. He leaves.

Jack is on the defensive, "What do you mean?"

Jennifer asks, "What are these, Jack?"

"Well," says Jack, "Lexie prescribed antibiotics..."

"STOP lying to me," says Jennifer, "These are to combat side effects for a terminal illness." She sends Frankie to check on Jack Junior. Jack and Jennifer walk outside. "Tell me it's not true, Jack."

Smarty says, "It's not true, Jack."

Jennifer is not amused, "STOP IT!"

Jack says, "Do you have any idea how much I love you right now. You and the kids have given me more than I have ever asked for. I couldn’t want more, except maybe a chance to grow old with you."

Jennifer says, "That's not gonna happen is it?"

"No," says Jack, "I'm afraid it's not."

Mimi has left the beauty parlor. Caroline tells Bonnie she has gone to make dinner for Shawn.

"OMG," says Bonnie, "She's gonna lose him for good."

"No, it's my recipe," says Caroline.

"I think we should bring them dessert," says Bonnie.

Shawn walks in as Mimi struggles with dinner. She's making Caroline's macaroni and cheese dish. Where is Chef Boyardee when you need him?

Shawn hands her the rose. She thanks him, "Its' beautiful."

"So are you," He wipes the flour off her face and kisses her cheek.

Bo is on the phone with Hope, "Shawn and I had a really good talk. He may be ready to move on. I didn't give him any advice, though, because I'm out of cash."

Kate tells John about Austin saving Sami, "Sami can't be prosecuted."

"Treason is out of the scope of the Salem PD, don't you think," asks John. Right up there with jaywalking.

Kate says, "There is one charge she could be prosecuted for. If you had her charged as a drug dealer."

John says, "No, Kate that's not gonna happen. If I bring charges against Marlena's daughter that will make things worse for us."

Kate says, "Marlena doesn't know what she is giving up."

"She may be giving up, but I'm not," says John, "When I first came to Salem I had the best therapist in the world in Marlena. What if I have lost her for good?"

Marlena is feeling woozy. Alex puts on some soothing music. Marlena curls up on the couch as the music box music plays. Alex says, "Now it's time my work really began." Now it's time we move on to a plot which isn't so stupid.

Frankie paces. Lexie comes down. Frankie says, "It's so hard looking at Jack Junior, knowing what's happening to his dad. Jennifer finding those pills was the best thing that could have happened. Now, no more secrets."

Jennifer says, "I feel like I've lost you twice in the past two years, Jack."

"Third time is a charm," says Jack, "I'd do anything if I could keep you and the kids from dealing with this. All Lexie can tell me is I don’t have much time left."

"Why didn't you tell me?"

"I was in denial at first," says Jack.

"Listen to me, a husband and wife should be in this together," says Jennifer.

Jack says, "I couldn't bear watching you go through the grief."

"I'm not going to," says Jennifer, "We're going to fight this."

Jack tells her, "I love you for saying that, but we're not gonna cheat death this time. We're just not." Tears, tears tears.
Lexie and Frankie watch. FF.


Previews
========

"It's beautiful," says Marlena. "You certainly are," says Alex. Marlena gives him a look which says, "Say wha...??"

Kate tells John, "He probably thinks no one is going to stop him from getting what he wants."

Shawn and Mimi are with Phillip and Belle. Phillip toasts, "To good friends, loving relationships and beautiful, healthy children." Belle dives into despair.

Jack asks, "It wont be hard to forget that I'm dying?" Jennifer says, "No. It won't be. Because it isn't going to happen. You aren't."

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Brains on DOOL!!! ROFLMA! But, after Prevuze, brains go back to their original condition.

I was thinking the same thing John pointed out to Kate about her hairbrained scheme to put Sami behind bars - he wouldn't be winning any points with Marlena by doing that. Besides, there are those pesky details like John would also go to jail for stealing drugs from the hospital.

I know, I know....this is DAZE and logic is a foreign concept. ;-)

6:25 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

If I saw Shawn sitting around, mooning about a girl, I'd assume it was Belle. As of last week he was still practically stalking her. Why did Caroline assume Shawn was daydreaming about someone new?

Perhaps some of Celeste's "vibes" have run off on OWB! HAHAHAHA

2:18 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


Blogarama     Globe Of Blogs