Wednesday, October 05, 2005

Danger, Will Robinson!

John calls [D]Izzy to kill time while he waits for Marlena. He tells her he has been doing research into Dr. North's past. He fills her in, "At least the only person playing with her head right now is Gloriane."

Marlena listens to the music on the phone. Alex comes up behind her, "We have something very important to discuss."

Mimi remembers Shawn telling her how great she is. She remembers the kiss.

Sami tells Roman the cuffs are too tight. They walk into a wall of reporters. Confusion and chaos. Questions. Roman hustles Sami through the crowd. He tells Sami she's in a hell of a lot of trouble and it's out of his hands. Kate comes in.

"My God Kate," says Roman, "what the hell are you doing here?"

Sami calls Kate a bitch and tells her she doesn't want her there, "I swear, if I go to jail you will be in the cell next to me."

"So," says Kate, "she is under arrest."

"Yes, Mom," says Austin, "And you should not be here." Kate asks him to drive her home, but he says he can't.

Mickey busts in. He asks, "What has been said? What are the charges?" Where am I?

"Treason, to start with," says Roman, "There will be others." Kate smirks.

John winds things up with Belle. "Damn, how long does it take to do her hair?" John, she's a woman in a beauty parlor. Claire may be a teenager before she gets out. John gets a call. It's Tek. John asks, "Has North made a move yet?"

"Yes," says Tek, "Our guy said he left the house."

"Find him," orders John.

Marlena tells Alex, "John doesn't know I left the salon."

"You will be safe with me," says Alex.

Marlena says, "I'm always safe with you."

"By the way," says Alex, "Gloriane did a great job on your hair. You look beautiful. But then again, you always do. Both inside and out. From now on you don't need Gloriane to make you feel that way. From now on, you will be loved for who you are and not what you look like. That's how you know true love. There is something very important I need you to do."

Mimi ponders. She tells herself, "OK, stop Mimi, you can't keep obsessing about it. Shawn and I are friends. I need to think about something else like... pancakes. Food is always a good distraction. And God do I need one right now."

"Need one what," asks Shawn.

Roman herds every one out except Mickey. Kate tells Roman she has more information for him when he is done grilling Sami.

Sami wants to know why Roman isn't questioning Kate. Roman tells her to worry about her own case. Mickey suggests someone besides Roman do the questioning. Oh, no. That would be the intelligent thing to do. No sir-ree. Roman is going to conduct this fiasco, or else.

Sami confronts Kate wanting to know what additional charges she is going to tell Roman about. Kate says, "What about the fact Stan 'helped' John with his back pain?"

Sami says, "John doesn't want anyone to know about that."

Outside, Kate tells Austin they need to talk. "This isn't the time," says Austin.

"Now is the perfect time," says Kate, "She's getting her hooks into you again isn't she? There is no good to be found in Sami. She ruined your life once. Don't let her do it again. Look what she did to Lucas and Will."

"From what I heard," says Austin, "that was as much your fault as it was hers."

Kate says, "You have been in town 12 hours and she has already manipulated you into spending the night with her. Lucas wedding night, I might add!"

"She needed me."

Kate asks, "Is the sex really that good?"

Austin has had it, "I love you Mom, but we are not continuing this conversation. It would be best if you just left."

Kate insists, "I am not leaving."

"Sami is a fellow human being and in trouble," says Austin, "That's why I need to help her. I will be here for her. I am not going to abandon a friend in trouble."

"A friend," asks Kate, "She is a pathological liar."

"I know who and what she is," says Austin, "I also know what it is like to be alone."

"She isn't alone," says Kate, "She has her family."

Austin says, "Belle is busy with her baby. Eric didn't come to the wedding. Her father is interrogating her. I don't expect you to understand. I have to do this. If you can't deal with that, you should just leave."

Roman asks Sami for permission to record the conversation. Mickey wakes up and gives the OK, as long as they get a copy.

"The way it looks," says Roman, "you are going to prison for a very long time."

Mimi tells Shawn she needs pancakes. She offers to make him some. Shawn tells her he is looking for a second job today. "Working for tips sucks," says Mimi, "With my class load, I don't think I could handle a second job."

Shawn asks, "So are we gonna talk about it?"

Mimi asks, "About what?"

Shawn says, "About the kiss, and how good it felt." Translation: Shawn is back for seconds. Forget the pancakes. Mimi stares. Shawn stares.

John busts into the beauty shop. Gloriane sees his hair and immediately orders triage. He tells her he is Marlena's husband. She says, "I've heard a lot about you over the years. It's hard to believe a billionaire could have a mop of hair which could be used as a refuge for homeless head lice. You don't need to worry about Marlena. A few months back a character on my show had amnesia. She got her memory back. I'm sorry, but Marlena left."

John throws her a wad of cash and leaves. She goes back to her magazine, SOAP OPERA SECRETS. The lead story reads, "DOOL Wins Emmy For Worst Writing."

Alex says he has something important for Marlena to do. LOOK OUT! DANGER, WILL ROBINSON! HE GRABS MARLENA AND DIVES.

Kate tells Austin she spent the past year working on getting Sami away from Lucas and will spend three times that amount of time talking him out of this.

Sami says she won't go back to prison. She needs to take care of Will.

"Will doesn’t even live with you any more," says Roman, "You put the four musketeers in danger in the war zone. You committed treason. It's a federal offense." Stop the presses! Treason is a federal offense!

"He's right," says Mickey, "it is." Stop the presses! Mickey learned something in law school!

"What you did was commit treason, and it could carry the death penalty," says Roman. That would help explain things. It's not that the DOOL writers are bad; they don't exist. They are just recycling old scripts written by the former bad writers.

John searches for Marlena.

The cyclist apologizes. Alex bawls him out for riding on the sidewalk like a maniac. He chases him away.

"Oh, you saved my life," says Marlena, "I am always safe with you." Alex takes her into the coffee shop. They find a table. He says he was glad he was there to protect her, "You're safe, that's all that matters."

She wants to call John but he stops her, "I brought you here because I'm worried about your recovery. Since we returned from the cabin, things have happened here to hinder your progress. Unless things change, you may never get your memory back." Marlena is upset. He pulls out the pendant and Marlena calms down, "It's still not too late to stop, as long as you do exactly what I say."

Mimi asks, "You thought the kiss felt good?"

"Yeah," says Shawn, "Maybe we just needed to relax and distract ourselves. You know. We had a really hard day. There was the terrorist threat, and seeing Phillip and Belle and the baby. You were there for all of that. I will never forget that."

"We were there for each other," says Mimi.

"For me," says Shawn, "the kiss was like a shock treatment. In a good way. It made me realize my relationship with Belle is in the past. I've moved on." Again.

Mimi asks, "Thanks to me?"

"Yeah," says Shawn, "Last night was the first time I didn't dream about Belle. I dreamt about us."

"You've shown me the possibility there is life without Rex. I guess we'll be OK," says Mimi.

Shawn says, "Yeah. So about that kiss. It never should have happened. It was a total mistake." Mimi shifts her eyes.

"There is something I need you to do," says Alex. He walks away.

John rushes into the coffee shop. He finds Marlena at a table, "I've been worried about you. Why did you sneak out?"

"I don't know," says Marlena, "I guess I came to get a drink."

"Gloriane said she was making tea when you disappeared."

"I didn't know that," says Marlena, "This was the closest place."

"So where is your drink?"

Marlena chuckles, "I guess it hasn't arrived yet."

John asks, "Are you OK?"

"Yes," drones Marlena, "do I not seem OK?"

He asks, "Have you talked to Belle today?"

"No," says Marlena, "I want to go see her. She's a beautiful baby, isn't she?" So is Claire.

"Yes," says John, "she has your eyes." Alex watches.

"She has my eyes," asks Marlena, "I think Belle and Phillip are happy."

Shawn says, "It's just, grabbing you like that I was only thinking of myself. I wasn't thinking of how uncomfortable I would make you."

Mimi doesn't even let him finish the sentence, "I wasn't uncomfortable. Why did you do it?"

"It felt right at the time."

"It felt right to me too," says Mimi, "at the time."

"I meant all of what I said," says Shawn, "I don't want to mess up our friendship."

Mimi assures him, "Nothing is messed up. The kiss wasn't one-sided. It was totally innocent."

"Cool," he says, "I wouldn't want to ruin our friendship."

"It isn't ruined," says Mimi, "I'm going to start the pancakes."

As Mimi walks away, Shawn slams his head with an orange. Careful, Brainiac, there ain't much left up there.

Alex watches John and Marlena talk. John tells Marlena they thought Belle was Roman's daughter at first.

Marlena wants to buy Belle and Claire presents. She is delighted, "Belle has had a baby. We're grandparents!"

John is happy, "I don't think we've have had a conversation this normal since before..."

She interrupts, "...Before the amnesia."

"It feels good," says John, "I think we are on the verge of a breakthrough."

Marlena asks, "Did I ever save anything from when Belle was a baby?"

John says, "We have closets full of that stuff."

"I'd like to see if we could find something there for Belle," says Marlena, "Why do you call her Izzy instead of Belle?"

John says, "It's short for Isabella."

"Do I call her Izzy?"

"No," says John, "We named her for Isabella Black, my first wife, who died shortly after Brady was born."

"That means I am the only mother Brady has ever really known," says Marlena.

Alex walks up with drinks. John is suspicious. Alex tells him to get professional help. He says he was sitting there and noticed they had no drinks and thought he would bring them some. Alex asks about Marlena's trip to the beauty parlor. This show just keeps slipping away from reality. No guy is ever going to ask about a woman's trip to the beauty parlor.

John is indignant, "If you don't mind, I was having a private conversation with my wife."

Alex says he will leave if they want him to. Marlena says, "I am perfectly safe with John. You may go if you like." John smirks.

Kate runs through a litany of what Sami has done, "She is just as guilty as Tony and needs to go to prison for the rest of her life."

Austin asks, "What did you say?"

"I said she committed crimes with Tony and that's why she is under arrest now," says Kate.

"Oh, Mom, that's it," says Austin.

As Shawn goes to change he asks, "So everything is cool with us, right?" Things are cool all right – cooled off.

"Yes it is," says Mimi, "As far as I am concerned. The kiss was nice but didn’t mean anything to me."

"It sure as hell meant something to me," thinks Shawn.

Sami begs, "The death penalty? I won't go back there. I didn't know Tony was setting me up." Sami ramps up the hysteria. Mickey tries to calm her down.

Roman says everything is off the record until they start taping.

Sami turns on the afterburners, "How is Will going to cope with this? I am not going back to death row! I will kill myself first!"

"I don't believe it! It was staring me in the face the whole time," says Austin, "You did it, Mom. You saved Sami. You just showed me how all the charges can be dropped. She is going to get off. And it's all thanks to you." Kate is overcome with joy.

Marlena says she will be fine. Alex leaves. He turns to dangle the spangle as he goes.

John says, "I'm proud of you. You stood up to him. These feelings about Belle and the baby... we're starting to get somewhere."

"It isn't about Dr. North. It's about us," says Marlena, "That's why I wanted him to go. There is something I want to say to you I don't want to say with anyone else around."

John smiles. "My God, you are remembering," he says, "Is it about us? "What is it?"

Marlena says, "I want a divorce." Poor John. FF.


Previews
========

Jennifer says, "This is a very serious drug. Why is my husband taking this?"

"I don't want to put them through the pain of watching me die," says Jack, "Come Halloween, I'm outta here."

Kate tells Sami, "You are going down and I hope you fry!"

Marlena says, "That's why I need you out. That's why I want to be alone." John says to Alex, "Now I understand. You are the one behind this, pal."

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

LOL with the pictures, especially the last one about Bo never showing up for work. I guess none of those other guys wandering around the police station in uniform are actually sworn police officers either, since none of them could arrest Sami. Only her father. Yeah, right.

And the crack about John's hair needing triage....classic!

6:34 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


Blogarama     Globe Of Blogs