Tuesday, October 11, 2005

My Lips Haven't Been Serviced In Awhile

Max is registering people for the "Light The Night" walk at Alice's. He's tired of everyone and her mother asking him for his autograph. Abby is helping.

Nicole orders a vodka martini. The bartender is Lucas. Nicole asks, "What are you doing here?"

Kate meets Victor. Kate has a situation. She needs his help.

Sami is preparing to return the wedding presents. She has decided to keep a toaster oven as a consolation prize. "Sami," says Father Austin, "These are wedding gifts. Keeping any of them is wrong and you know it."

"I just wish there was more I could do for them," says Frankie.

Lexie agrees, "It's always frustrating not to be able to help a patient in this condition. Jennifer has to accept it. Jack is dying. And you don't know how Jennifer will react. She might be angry with you for helping Jack keep his secret. She might be angry with Jack for asking you to look after her and the kids - if he tells her that's what he has done. Just promise me you'll do everything you can to help her deal with Jack's death." Frankie stares.

Jennifer tells Jack he is not going to die. Jack disagrees. Jennifer believes in miracles, "You came back to me twice. I am not letting you go. It is not your time. You are not going to die. I won't let you, Jack."

Chelsea tells Abby she was at the Salem Commons and ran into the rugby team. She got a verbal commitment from each one of them to sign up for the walk. It was a tough job, but somebody had to do it. Max thanks her for bringing all the guys over to Alice's. "Good behavior won't go unreported," says Max, "I'm going to give you an autographed picture of a semi-famous race driver."

"Wow," says Chelsea, "An autographed picture of Max Brady. The only thing I would rather have is this..." She plants a kiss on him.

A couple of bystanders wonder, "Wow, how much did she have to pay for that?" Well, if she is holding up the family tradition, he paid.

"Did you just hear what that girl said," asks Max.

"I did."

"Are you thinking what I am thinking?"

"I am"

"You know it's only for business, right," asks Max. Back for more.

Jennifer's outlook on life hasn't changed in the last five seconds. Once again she tells Jack she believes in miracles. It would be a miracle if we could move away from this story line. Keep those remotes handy, folks, looks like there will be plenty of zapping opportunities in this episode.

Jack wishes they had the power to reverse everything. But they don't, so they have to prepare.

Jennifer insists this is not will power or positive thinking she is talking about, "But if you think that's your only option, then you should try it."

"I did," says Jack, "I tried positive thinking with all those experts and they told me I was positively going to die. It's a little counter-productive if you ask me."

"The Jack that I know doesn't give up," says Jennifer, "Think of all you have gone through."

"I lost the will to fight when I found out this illness is not only incurable but irreversible. In all the studies, not one person has ever gone into remission. Not one," says Jack.

"You're going to be the first," says Jennifer, "You are, but you have to want to be." Jack wants to go in and discuss this with Lexie.

The only thing I am going to discuss with Lexie," says Jennifer, "is your recovery."

Kate tells Victor he is the only one who can help. She is worried about John Black.

"Now that Victor has cut you off," says Lucas the tea-totaling bartender, "maybe I should too."

"I have the most annoying ex-husbands in the world," says Nicole, "Just because you not-so-anonymous alcoholics can't handle your liquor doesn't mean you should be giving other people lectures. And don't think I am giving you a tip, either. Why are you bartending, anyway?"

"I'm covering for Shawn Brady," says Lucas.

Nicole asks, "Isn't bartending against your program's rules?"

"What would you know, Nicole," says Lucas, "You don't go to meetings do you? It's good for you. You're on a roll."

"Shut up."

"I need the money," says Lucas, "That's what I am doing here. And unlike some people I know, I realize alcohol isn't good for me."

"It's good for me," says Nicole.

"I can see that," says Lucas, "When are you going to change your ways? Stop drinking? Turn your life around?"

"Thank you very much Lucas, that almost sounded sincere," says Nicole.

"What are you talking to me like this for," asks Lucas.

"I have a new hobby," says Nicole, "It's called drinking alone. I have pretty much tapped out on all my friends in Salem. They don't want to be seen with me and I don't want to be seen with them."

"I think I know what's going on," says Lucas, "Now that Brady is gone you are on the prowl. You're looking for your next victim. It's real tempting Nicole, but I've been there, done that."

Nicole says to herself, "Don't flatter yourself Lucas. I may be on the prowl, but it's not for you."

Austin asks, "Do you really want this?"

"I need one," says Sami, "Besides a bagel ruined the last one I had."

"I love how you make it the bagel's fault," says Austin.

"Actually," says Sami, "It was Will... But he won't have anything to do with me. Do you think I shouldn't be able to make a bagel for myself? Do you think I should have to fast to atone for my sins?"

Austin says, "All I am saying is every time you make a bagel do you want to be reminded of what happened between you and Lucas? Besides toaster ovens are pretty cheap, you know."

"Yeah, what," says Sami, "about thirty bucks? And guess who gave it to me. The billionaire John Black. He's not going to miss the money, Austin." I don't know, every little bit helps.

"If it's so cheap, it shouldn't be that hard to do the right thing and take it back. You have to realize the world doesn't owe you anything. I know you have been hurt in your past, but you have to let it go."

"Like you did?"

Austin says, "Yeah, like that. So are you ready to do the hard work it takes to change, or is that just lip service?"

"Well," says Sami, "My lips haven't been serviced in awhile. Someday I hope to be able to change that."

Austin chuckles, "I'm talking about you changing because you want to change for yourself. So what do you say, is Sami Brady ready to join the human race?"

Max tells Chelsea he could be working overtime. There are quite a few girls in line. Chelsea points out there are a few guys in line, too, "What do they want?"

"It's for the cause, right?" Hmmm... Max is more of a trooper than I thought he was.

"Just remember," says Chelsea, "Whoever you kiss, I am more special."

Max tells her he'll buy her a drink when he takes a break. Chelsea says she will go check on Abby.

Chelsea leaves. Oh, hold on. She didn't leave. She just turned sideways.

Josh has volunteered his services. He thinks Abby deserves a kiss for all she is doing. "Right here," asks Abby.

"Why not?"

Jennifer wants to talk to Lexie alone. Jack gives her the go-ahead to answer any questions Jennifer has. Frankie hauls him off.

Lexie apologizes for not telling Jennifer earlier but that pesky little Hippocratic Oath gets in the way of everything. Jennifer isn't upset, but she thinks Jack could have used the energy he wasted keeping it from her to fight it, "But we can fight it starting now."

"Jennifer," says Lexie, "I don't know what Jack said to you, but he isn't going to get any better. He's only going to get worse."

Jack rants, "What's going on? I was supposed to take my bow and quietly disappear. Jennifer was never supposed to know about any of this." Frankie tells him Jennifer deserved to know.

Jack says this doesn't change anything. Now more than ever Jack needs to know Frankie is with him, "After I am gone, will you be there for Jennifer?" Frankie stares.

Kate and Victor order martinis. Nicole overhears and tells them, "Good choice. The bartender makes a mean martini."

"What are you still doing in Salem," asks Victor.

"If you must know," says Nicole, "I am too broke to leave."

"If that's a hint I should give you more money, you can forget it," says Victor.

"Please Victor," says Nicole, "I have more pride than that!" Since when? Nicole rambles on uncomfortably. They talk a little bit about Claire, then Nicole decides she has to go, "I have a dinner date." Nicole leaves.

"I hope to God it's not Austin," says Kate.

"Austin," asks Victor.

"I don't want to talk about it."

"So," says Victor, "What's going on with John?"

"Every time John seems to be getting somewhere with Marlena, Alex shows up and wrecks it. Then earlier today, Marlena asked John for a divorce. Alex is staying there until he can move Marlena to the mountain cabin. John is staying with me. It's not what you think, OK? John is focused on Marlena."

"But," says Victor, "I'm sure you don't mind having him there."

Kate says, "I would be lying if I said I did."

"So what do you want from me," asks Victor.

"I was hoping," says Kate, "you could dig up a little information on Dr. North. I know John could get the information being in the ISA, but he's personally involved. I thought you might be able to see something he can't."

"I'll see what I can do," says Victor. He throws a glance and tells Kate, "Now I see why Nicole said to check out the bartender. How long has Lucas been working at Alice's?"

"Damn, Sami. I'm not gonna let her drive him back to the bottle." I'll bet Kate would rather see him dead drunk in the gutter rather than with Sami.

"How could you ask me that," whines Sami, "When am I going to join the human race. What does that make me now, a Martian?" Austin apologizes. He did not mean to hurt her feelings. Sami assures him she is trying to do the right thing. "When was the last time I did something really terrible."

"I'm talking about right now," says Austin, "just return the stupid toaster oven and move on with your life."

"I tried that." There have been many toaster oven's in her checkered past...

"What my mother did was despicable," says Austin, "But so was what you did. You almost got the Four Musketeers killed. You were hell-bent on getting revenge and so was my mother. It becomes a vicious cycle and it has to end. Promise me. Just stay away from my mother."

"No," says Sami, "I would promise you anything but that. You don't know how much she hurt me. She deserves to pay for that."

"Then I guess the two of us have nothing else to say," says Austin, "I'm gong to go pack my bags."

"No, wait, Austin, come back here," says Sami, "You can't leave."

Max brings Chelsea coffee. She puts on lipstick, "For all those rugby boys." Chelsea talks about her parents. They were the only ones who ever understood her. Between fights, that is. Max says he knows what she means because he was incredibly lucky to be adopted by the Brady's. He never really knew his real mom and dad. As far as he is concerned OMB and OWB are his real parents. He tells her about going into a foster home and not being able to speak. Frankie protected him. He tells her she is lucky. She still has two parents who love her. Things will work out OK for her.

Josh invites Abby to dance. "Right here," asks Abby, "Right now? Josh, you're crazy. You remind me of my dad. You should come meet my folks sometime."

"Wow, I've never met a girl's parents before. I may need some time to work up to that."

"We have all the time in the world," says poor Abby.

On and on with Frankie and Jack... Frankie promised. Frankie can't. Frankie will. We don't know how Jennifer will react. AAARRRRGGGGGHHHHHH!

Lexie chases Jennifer out, "Wait, no, Jennifer."

Jack follows Jennifer. Lexie tells Frankie, "Now I see why Jack didn't want to tell her. This would be so much easier if she never had to know." Yeah, but a dead body lying around the house would tip her off.

Jennifer bawls. Oh, the despair.

Kate talks to Lucas. She doesn't like him bartending. "If you're so high on saving me," says Lucas, "why don't you just dress up like Stan, wait till the place closes, burn it down and blame it on Sami?"

"I don't find that very amusing," says Kate. I do. "It's just that this isn't a very healthy environment for you."

"It's not a healthy environment for me because you're in it," says Lucas. Kate wants to give him a job at Basic Black. "I'm not taking a job from you. You got that? I go on interview after interview and anytime they hear I had anything to do with Tony DiMera, they show me the door. I don't know what would be worse, the fact that I worked for a madman like Tony, or I took handouts from you. Now, please go. I have work to do and a child to support."

Victor is on the phone, "Of course I don't mind if you raid another company. I know I usually give you carte blanche on things like this but I will be working closely with you on this one. It will be nearly impossible to replace a person like Brady." Lucas?.

Sami tells Austin, "I could forgive anyone, except Kate."

"What about John Black," asks Austin.

"OK," says Sami, "Him, too." And a few thousand others.

"You are still lying to yourself," says Austin, "I don't think you want to change. You are still the frightened little girl you have always been trying to blame everyone else for your problems. When are you going to grow up and start taking responsibility for your actions?"

"All I want," says Sami, "is to be happy."

"I want you to be happy, too."

"Maybe what I need," says Sami, "is a guardian angel like you sitting on my shoulder reminding me to do the right thing all the time."

"I'll help you if you are serious about this. I know you want to set a good example for Will. End of lecture. I want to go to Alice's and get something to eat."

"I'd like to go, too, please," asks Sami. Austin goes to get his wallet. There is a knock at the door. Nicole. "What do you want?"

"Austin."

Lucas talks to the new girl. She got Max Brady's autograph. Lucas says it might be worth something if he ever starts racing again. "So what happened to Shawn tonight," she asks.

"I think Mimi was trying to cook him something and the apartment caught on fire."

"Wow," she says, "Mimi takes after her mom more that I thought. I wonder how Bonnie got into the restaurant business when she's such a lousy cook. Nothing against Bonnie. She gave me this job when I really needed it, and I had zero experience."

"Ditto," says Lucas, "I hear you."

"She's actually turned out to be a pretty good boss. When I applied, she asked me why I wanted to work here. I said I needed the job and I love country music. Then she asked if I had applied anywhere else. I said yes, Chez Rouge. Then she spit out a mouthful of beer and said I was hired. Any clue what that was about?"

"It's a long story," says Lucas, "But you did give the right answer, I'll tell you that."

She asks him what he does when he's not a substitute bartender. He tells her he's looking for a job. The most eligible bachelor in Salem. She doesn't think a guy like him will be looking long. He tells her he's been looking for quite awhile now, "Let's just say I made some mistakes with prior bosses."

"It seems like you have a lot of long stories... Some night, over dinner, huh," she asks.

"Yeah, maybe," says Lucas.

"Hey, if you want to network a little while you are here, that was Kate Roberts you were talking to a little earlier."

"Yeah," says Lucas, "dear ole Mom."

She is shocked, "Kate Roberts is your mother? The woman who runs Basic Black? And you're looking for a job?"

Austin announces he is ready. Nicole barges in and tells Austin she is taking him out. The girls have a tug-o-war over Austin. He tells Nicole they are going to Alice's for dinner.

"You will love the new bartender," says Nicole.

Another tug-o-war. With the wisdom of King Solomon, Austin suggests they all go together. Sami won't be seen in public with Nicole. Likewise.

"The champagne is not even warm from your last wedding fiasco, and you're already going after your ex's brother," says Nicole.

"I am not," protests Sami, "He was just here for the wedding." Sami and Nicole duke it out.

Max, Abby and Chelsea congratulate themselves on what a great job they have done with the fundraiser. Josh suggests they go over to the Java Café for karaoke night.

Lexie thinks losing Jack may kill Jennifer, "I don't know if she can handle it after everything she has been through."

"Her children are going to need her," says Frankie, "I promise I'm not going to let anything happen to her."

Jennifer prays, "God, why are you doing this to our family again? Are you testing us? Am I failing? Am I crazy hoping for a miracle? All I ever wanted was a family and to be with Jack. And now you are ripping him away from our children and me. YOU CAN'T DO THAT. YOU CAN'T." Sob.


Previews
========

Lucas tells Austin, "Sami has already suckered you in, again. So don't lecture me."

Abe asks, "You think that's North's intention?" John says, "Oh, hell, yeah. He's not trying to restore her memory. In fact, he's trying to wipe that slate clean."

Mimi says, "When Belle realized she would never be with you again – that's when she broke down."

Belle develops the dreaded Postpartum Depression.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Many LOL moments today starting with Father Austin preaching and the picture of Mimi burning dinner. (Top two pics weren't in for me yet.)

Also cracked up over the comment that Chelsea didn't leave, she just turned sideways. HAHAHAHA

Unbelievable statement of the day: Victor saying it was going to be nearly impossible to replace someone like Brady. You mean it's hard to hire someone who will get paid megabucks and then never show up for work?? Heck, I'll give it a shot!

6:30 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

P.S. The top two pictures just came up. FABULOUS!! HAHAHAHAHAHAHA

7:01 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


Blogarama     Globe Of Blogs