Tuesday, October 04, 2005

Flummoxed

Alex gets a phone call, "No. I can talk. I know all about that. I'm sure John Black put her up to it. Dr. carver can knock herself out trying to find out about my medical career but she won't find anything. I'm not worried. If John thinks he will get me out of Marlena's life, he's mistaken."

Marlena notices John is up early and at the computer. His hair looks like he slept in a wind tunnel. "Just as I thought," says John, "It seems our Dr. North isn't as forthcoming as I thought. This man is no good."

Kate orders a double espresso. She turns and bumps into Roman. Roman orders a large coffee. Kate is there to meet Lucas. Roman tells her not to get her hopes up. Lucas will never forgive her. Roman opens the paper. "Sami, I'm afraid no one can help you now," he says.

Austin wakes up. He calls for Sami. No answer, but there is a note saying Sami went to get some things for breakfast.

Sami bumps into the hallway troll, who gasps and runs the other way. Sami spills her groceries and Lucas stoops to help her pick them up. Stare.

John tells Marlena he's checking on Dr. North. Marlena doesn't like it. They argue. John assures her the past they had was a good one. He reminds her they have a beautiful daughter and a beautiful new granddaughter. Marlena just wants to focus on healing. John says he is there to help and that's why he is checking into North. He has serious doubts about the methods North is unsung and John doesn’t think Alex wants Marlena to get better. Marlena is shocked and says she has faith in Alex.

John asks, "What progress have you made? What has he helped you remember? Where is all this progress?"

"The progress isn't about my past," says Marlena, "He has made me feel comfortable in the present. I want him here."

"If he is such an eminent psychiatrist why are you the first person he has treated in over ten years," asks John.

Marlena seems puzzled, "Then years? I didn't know it was that long."

"Check it out," says John. He goes to the computer and works his digital magic.

Marlena looks over his shoulder, "This is what has you so concerned? The psychiatric association directory? Psychiatrists aren't required to check in with them. Maybe he was retired and doing research."

John asks, "With what institution?"

"Maybe he is writing a book," suggests Marlena.

"Bottom line," says John, "I am not comfortable with him. There is nothing I wouldn't do for you. The more I see of him, the more doubts I have about him."

"I am sorry about your doubts," snaps Marlena, "But I have absolute confidence in him."

John says, "Here we are busting ourselves up to get your past back and we don't know a damn thing about his."

That was Alex' cue... he says, "All you had to do was ask."

Kate joins Roman. Roman isn't thrilled about it. "Just hear me out," says Kate, "I did what I did because I had no choice. I couldn't keep that secret. She put my children at risk. Rex was involved with this too. She led them to Tony."

"Kate, You are wasting your breath," says Roman, "You were right about Sami and you did the right thing by turning her in."

Lucas helps Sami and walks off.

"Lucas wait," she says, "Can't we talk?"

"I don't' think I'll ever be able to make sense of it, but we do have to talk. Will wants to live with me permanently. Lets go into your apartment."

For some strange reason, Sami doesn't think that's a very good idea, "Lets go to yours."

"I'd rather not," says Lucas, "Will is asleep. He's angry with you but also with himself. He went to you and you lied to his face."

"I understand," says Sami, "I don't blame him. I'm sorry. I know I let you down."

Austin barges out. Sami is flummoxed.

Marlena tells Alex to excuse her suspicious husband. John butts in. He asks about Alex' practice over the last ten years.

Marlena tells him he doesn't have to answer.

"I'm happy to answer if you'll allow me to use your laptop," says Alex, "I have spent a lot of time with amnesiacs and doing volunteer work. This is a secure website. It will give you some idea. I spent a considerable time working for NORAD in Antarctica. I was asked to conduct a test on personnel there. Here is another secure site. I worked on this project for four years, to learn the effects of deep tissue trauma on subjects who had suffered injuries in traffic accidents." I get it now. He is on special assignment in Salem to study the incredible phenomenon of a town whose entire population has gone stark raving mad.

John says, "None of those agencies will ever confirm that information is accurate. I'll bet some big-shot billionaire-ISA agent could squeeze it out of them, though.

"I assure you it is," says Alex, "My only concern is to help Marlena recover."

Marlena thanks him. "Oh, dear," she says, "I have an appointment. I don't want to be late."

Marlena leaves. John tells Alex he will take her. Before he goes he tells North he doesn't trust him.

Alex goes back upstairs, "If John thinks I will sit by while he sabotages everything I have worked for he's a bigger fool than I thought. It's time I separate Marlena from her husband permanently. I must build a wall John can't penetrate. Poor John, I almost feel sorry for you. Once I have Marlena under my control, she will be lost to you forever. You can't keep her form becoming mine." MINE, ALL MINE, MWAHAHAHAHA!!

Kate can't believe what Roman said. Roman says, "What Sami did was unconscionable, but she was forced into what she did. She didn't know she was in bed with Tony. And she didn't get into bed with Brandon knowingly, and that's what put her over the edge."

"So you're blaming me," says Kate.

"You're damn right I am," says Roman, "You broke them up and I sure as hell hope you are happy."

You bet she is, "They didn't belong together, Roman."

"How do you know, Kate, when you don't even know what is right for you," says Roman, "Arguing with you is pointless. They have a child together and had a chance to be together as a family, and that's not gonna happen. They aren't the only losers here. I lost my wife and if Sami goes to prison I lose my daughter."

"And I lost my son and husband," says Kate.

Roman says, "A big part of me will always love you, and for that reason I wish I could find a way to forgive you."

"Then just do it."

"No way I can sweep it under the carpet," says Roman.

Kate says, "We can work through it. I know we can."

Roman says, "If it were only that easy. Goodbye Kate."

Sami screams, "This isn't what it looks like!"

Lucas says, "No wonder you didn't want me in here. You have my brother NAKED IN BED!"

"I slept on the couch," says Austin, "She went to get something to eat."

"You went to get something to eat," asks Lucas, "How can you eat? I'm so sick at my stomach I can't."

Austin tells Lucas he and Sami went to Chez Rouge.

Lucas says, "Chez Rouge? That's where our reception was supposed to be. I can't believe you, man. How can you fall for her sob story?"

"Kate set me up," yells Sami.

"I'm not making excuses for my mother," says Lucas, "But you should have had faith in our love. You should have known eventually we would have found our way back to each other."

That didn't set well with Sami, "Wait a second! I told you a million times I was innocent and you called me a liar among other things. All I had left was the idea of getting revenge on Kate. You worked for Tony, too!"

"I worked for him but I didn't hurt people. You lied over and over, Sami," says Lucas.

Sami says, "Lucas, you know I didn't want any of those things to happen."

"You have to be accountable for your actions," says Lucas, "and God help you!"

"You don't' mean that," she whimpers.

"I do mean that. And you, Austin, you're a damn fool for letting her back into your life. Both of you." Lucas stomps off. Sami turns and cries.

John taps his finger on the steering wheel and works his jaw as he and Marlena sit in the car.

Marlena says, "You didn't have to bring me."

"I wanted to," says John, "It gave me more time to spend with you. Are you doing anything besides having your hair done?"

"No, why?"

"Sometimes you used to get a facial or a massage," says John, "I just wanted to know how long you would be."

"About an hour."

"I'll wait." Maybe he should go in for some emergency work on that mess on top of his own head.

They talk about Alex. John remains skeptical, "As your husband, I have to be satisfied Dr. North has your best interests at heart."

Marlena asks, "What would it take to satisfy you?"

Finding him at the bottom of the Salem River. Otherwise, "I don’t know, maybe I will find something in his background."

Marlena asks, "Are you jealous of Alex?"

"Fair question," says John, "Jealous... Yeah I guess I am a little. And I'm hurt you would turn to a stranger instead of your family."

"I feel like I've known him a long time."

"That's what worries me," says John, "He is way too familiar to you."

Marlena goes inside. John waits. He gets out of the car and paces. Roman comes by. Chris/Roman asks John/Roman how he is doing checking out Alex/Roman. John fills him in.

"If there is anything I can do to help, let me know," says Roman, "I gotta go. I have some police work to do." Oh, the ominous foreboding!

Alex scrounges around. He looks at Marlena's appointment book. He sees where she is, "Timing is everything. I have to chose the right moment. Then she is mine." MINE, ALL MINE, MWAHAHAHAHA!!

Gloriane notices Marlena is tense. She gives her a shoulder rub, "You want to talk about it?"

"I had a stressful morning," says Marlena.

"What happened," asks
Gloriane.

"My memory escapes me."

"I have just the right thing to melt all that stress away," says Gloriane. She leaves.

Marlena gets a call, "Hello is anybody there?" Silence. Alex waits on the other end.

Lucas meets Kate. Kate tells him, "I was wondering what was keeping you. I was hoping you were thinking about forgiving me."

"No," says Lucas, "that's not why I'm here. I needed to return this." He hands her an envelope.

"It was a wedding gift," says Kate, "I sent it before I knew Sami was Stan."

"You were desperately looking for that proof," says Lucas, "I love her and I will never forgive you. You knew what I wanted. I wanted a family with Sami and Will. It almost happened."

"Maybe I contributed to her unraveling."

"Just a little bit, ya think, Mom?"

"I'm thinking, if you realize she is so self-destructive you should be happy I did this," says Kate, "I'm praying Sami's misery is ten times as great."

"Save your prayers," says Lucas, "It's been less than a day and who did I find in her apartment wrapped in a towel?"

Kate begs, "Please don't tell me it was Austin."

"Yes, BINGO! It was Austin" says Lucas, "Now you have a full time job keeping both you sons form Sami."

Kate pulls the dagger from her heart and seethes, "That little bitch."

"Why are you being so nice to me," asks Sami, "I don't deserve it."

"You're not the only one at fault here," says Austin.

"I love him."

"I know."

"And it hurts so much," says Sami, "The look an his face and how he talked about Will and how he doesn't want to see me any more..."

Austin says, "Your whole world came crashing down yesterday and it will take some time for those wounds to heal."

"This isn’t the first time I have hurt Lucas and Will. We have had many chances and I have blown them all."

"So, make a promise to yourself. Repeat after me," says Austin, "I, Sami Brady, have learned my session and I will not lie to the people I love no matter what... can't say it yet, huh? It's the only way you will have peace. Are you gonna eat your muffin or wallow in self-pity?"

"That was an excellent pep talk," she says, "One thing, things can't get any worse." DOOL Rule # 14: Whenever a character says 'things can't get any worse,' you can bet things are about to get a whole lot worse.

Roman is at the door. "Dad," says the smiling Sami. Roman gives her his cold-steel stare.

John waits, "What is taking so long?"

"Remember the music," says Alex. Do-de-do music box music plays as he holds the phone up to the recorder. Marlena brushes her face. She leaves. Gloriane comes back with a cup of tea, "This should help, Dr. Evans... Where did she go?"

Outside, John brushes his mop, looks at his watch and waits, "Damn..."

Lucas asks, "You weren't surprised Austin was with Sami?"

Kate tells him, "They were at Chez Rouge and left together. I was hoping he would put her in a cab and send her packing."

"That's not like Austin, is it," asks Lucas, "He said he had to listen to her sob story."

"I wouldn't put anything past Sami. She could have drugged him," says Kate.

"She would have learned that form you," says Lucas, "Why don't you just leave her alone."

"I can't do that as long as she makes my children her prey," says Kate.

I can't do anything about that," says Lucas, "But remember this, you are officially on your own. I am officially off the Sami Brady roller coaster and the Kate Roberts roller coaster, too." He leaves.

Kate reads the paper, CHARGES FORTHCOMING AGAINST SAMI BRADY. "At least my children will finally be safe from that witch."

Sami asks what Roman is doing there.

"Official police business," says Roman, "There is no easy way to do this. I am here at the request of the FBI. Agents are arriving in Salem in Salem as we speak. Samantha Gene Brady, you are under arrest for treason."

"No," says Sami, "I can't be under arrest."

Austin butts in, "It will be all right. I am here for you."

FF on the dastardly traitor.


Previews
========

Shawn asks Mimi, "So are we gonna talk about it?" Mimi asks, "About what?" Shawn says, "About the kiss, and how good it felt."

"What you did was commit treason, and it could carry the death penalty," says Roman.

A delighted Austin tells Kate, "She is going to get off. And it's all thanks to you."

John asks Marlena, "What is it?" Marlena says, "I want a divorce."

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh yeah! Funny, FUNNY pictures. I lost it over the one with Sami & Austin.

John's hair is getting so long I'm beginning to wonder the amount of product it takes to keep it up and out of his eyes. HAHAHAHA

8:59 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


Blogarama     Globe Of Blogs