Thursday, September 29, 2005

Unsportsmanlike Conduct

Chelsea accuses Bo of taking Billie’s side. Bo gives the standard Dad Lecture. They don’t want her killing herself. Hope asks Chelsea what the problem is.

“It’s Billie,” says Chelsea, “She’s ruining my life.”

Phillip can’t believe the baby is theirs. Belle remembers they don’t even have a crib at home. Hey, a two-month pregnancy doesn’t give you much time to get ready. Belle says Phillip isn’t leaving the room until they decide on a name. They have narrowed the choices down to Claire, Meg and Hillary. Phillip suggests eenie-meenie-miney-mo. Belle suggests each of them write a name down, and then they can compare.

Whaddya know, they wrote down the same name. Phillip leans over to the baby and says, “Hey, sweetheart, you have a name. Claire Kiriakis.”

Belle reels off things they have to do, “And who do we want her godparents to be?”

Shawn and Mimi dance. “Good food, good music, good company,” says Mimi, “And we didn’t have to suffer through another bouquet and garter toss. Could my mom have been any more obvious? She acted like we should get married – to each other.”

Nicole orders another martini. Austin doesn’t think she needs another one, “It’s a crutch.” Nicole says she has had a horrible year. She’ll tell him if he is interested.

Austin says, ““Give me the abridged version.” Translation: not interested.

“You still have to answer my question,” says Nicole, “Do you still have feelings for me?”

Austin says he does but, “I also still have feelings for Sami.”

Sami comes toward Kate with the deadly candlestick. Kate says, “I wouldn’t do that unless you want to spend your wedding night in jail.”

“It would be worth it,” says Sami.

Nicole pries, “OK when you say you have feelings for me, can you elaborate?”

“I forgot how direct you can be,” says Austin, “I did think about calling you from New York”

“Why didn’t you?”

“You married Victor,” he says, “I called you when he died but I didn’t leave a message. But here we are now. So what’s up with you?”

“Absolutely nothing good,” says Nicole, “My life is a catastrophe. Victor came back from the dead and dumped me, Brady married Chloe, I lost my job. No job, no money, no house and nobody cares.”

“Put the glass down,” says Austin, “I’m a better friend. Let’s dance.”

Sami says, “I’m not gonna kill you, Kate. I would have to touch you to do it and that makes my skin crawl. The only thing you will get from me is my eternal hatred.”

Kate rubs it in, “It kills you I’ve beaten you. I win.”

“This isn’t a game,” says Sami, “You’ve lost Lucas too. You will never see Will again, and my father is divorcing you. You are a bitter and miserable woman. And now you will be a lonely, bitter and miserable woman.”

“I have to agree on one thing,” says Kate, “I paid a high price, but I would do it over again because, unlike you, I can put others before myself.” Yeah, Kate’s a real Mother Teresa. “Real love requires sacrifice. Everyone will eventually realize I did this for Will and Lucas.”

Sami says, “We know why I did all those things. You drugged me and Brandon and you made Lucas think I cheated on him. If not for you and your disgusting plot I would be married right now. That is all on your head and everyone knows it. I don't call that a victory.”

Belle and Phillip run through a list of possible godparents. Belle says, “Sami is a good mom but not the example I want for my daughter. What about Billie?”

Phillip asks if he can get her anything.

“I’m hungry,” says Belle, “but I don’t want hospital food. Get me some trail mix from a vending machine.”

Phillip insists, “The mother of my kid isn’t having trail mix for dinner. I’ll be back.”

Shawn tells Mimi they have been friends forever. As a couple they couldn’t be this relaxed. Mimi thinks dating sucks. There are long silences. There was Kevin, Rex. The waiter brings champagne from Mr. Horton. Shawn toasts, “To you and me. Friends for all the Days Of Our Lives.


“Don’t you think you’re being a little harsh,” asks Hope, “Billie is your mother. It’s hard to believe you would be so reckless, especially with what happened to your parents.” The referee rushes in and gives Hope a technical foul for unsportsmanlike conduct.

“They weren’t speeding,” says Chelsea, “They were hit by a drunk driver. Your husband is my father and you can’t stand the fact he had a child with another woman.”

Hope says, “In this case Billie is right.”

Billie says “We are not ganging up on you.” Chelsea runs out and Bo follows.

Bo finds her on deck, “Chelsea...”

Chelsea says, “I don
t need another lecture.”

“You won’t get one from me. You wanna tell me what’s got you so upset? I can’t help you unless I know what’s wrong,” says Bo.

Hope tells Billie she is sorry if she made things worse. Billie says, “Thanks for backing me up.”

“I backed you up because you were right.”

“I don’t know what’s going on with her,” says Billie, “One minute we have a normal conversation and the next she runs away.”

“Welcome to life with a normal teenager,” says Hope, “It’s tough. What works for one kid doesn’t for another. It must be twice as hard when you’re doing it alone.”

Chelsea whines, “All you and Billie ever do is criticize me. You don’t even know me. We have no history. And to have you in my face all the time is too much.”

“This is quite an adjustment for all of us,” says Bo, “You’re not a kid anymore, but you can still use come guidance now and then.”

“I guess...”

“So what were you and Billie talking bout that got you upset,” asks Bo.

“We were talking about what Sami said at her wedding,” says Chelsea, “She called me a whore. And she said I was following in the family tradition.”

Bo says, “I’m sorry you had to hear that. But you’ve been around enough to know Sami can’t judge anyone.”

“Except she was right,” says Chelsea, “Billie admitted it.”

“That must have been quite a shock,” says Bo.

“After Billie told me I thought maybe it does run in the family,” she says.

“You will make mistakes,” says Bo, “but they will be your own mistakes. It’s good you heard it form Billie.”

“I didn’t,” she says, “Sami told me. I’ll bet Billie never would have.”

“She would have told you when the time was right,” says Bo, “She did a lot of things she’s not proud of. But she doesn’t want you to make the same mistakes she did.”

“What I need is for Billie to stop butting in my life,” says Chelsea.

Kate asks Sami, “How about Chelsea? You’ve talked to her one time and called her a whore.”

“I feel sorry for her,” says Sami, “You’ll probably ruin her life just like you did Lucas and Will. What are you gonna do, Kate, buy Lucas another five million dollar bride. We all know how that deal with Nicole worked out. I was good for Lucas and he was good for me. Our love was the real deal.”

“You really are crazy,” says Kate, “You and Nicole were the worst things that ever happened to Lucas, and if either one of you get near him again I’ll.... Well I won’t have to do anything because he and Will won’t ever have anything to do with you and Nicole again.”

Austin says he doesn’t get out much. He’s become a workaholic. Nicole says, “You must have a bunch of women waiting for you in New York.”

“I wouldn’t say I live like a monk,” says Austin, “but I don’t have someone special. The trouble is, I left my heart here in Salem.”

Mimi feels guilty, “This champagne was meant to be for Sami’s reception. Shouldn’t we toast her or something?”

“You’re forgetting she was Stan,” says Shawn, “She won’t change unless she has a personality transplant.”

“If Sami is a helpless case,” says Mimi, “let’s toast ourselves, that we find happiness.”

Shawn raises his glass, “To second chances, that we find and keep true love.”

Phillip comes in. He sees Austin and Nicole and shakes his head.

Nicole asks Austin, “When you said you left your heart in Salem were you talking about Sami or someone else?”

Phillip interrupts. He wants a minute with his brother. Austin explains he wasn’t at the wedding because his plane was late. He congratulates Phillip on the new kid. He’s sorry about the leg. Phillip tells him to get to the hospital and see the kid. Austin asks if the baby is as Beautiful as Belle.

“Just as beautiful, but less hair,” says Phillip. He advises Austin not to get involved with Nicole, “You told her you left your heart in Salem. What were you talking about?” Long pause. “You’re not gonna tell me are you?”

“No I’m not.” Chuckles and back slapping all around.
Just promise me you’ll call me and we can catch up.

Nicole sneaks around and says, “Who was Austin talking about? And where are Kate and Sami? I wanted fireworks. With my luck they will kill each other and I will miss it.”

“What are you doing here,” asks Kate, “Did you forget the reception was canceled? Do you enjoy dining alone?”

“What makes you think I’m alone,” asks Sami.

Hope tells Billie it must be tough being a single mother. But Bo is willing to be involved. If Billie will let her, Hope will help too. Billie doesn’t want to come down too hard on Chelsea, but she doesn’t want her to run around wild either. Hope says Billie needs to stop Kate from showering presents on Chelsea. “Although,” says Billie, “we would have killed for a dress like that when we were eighteen.”

Hope just about pukes.

“All right,” says Billie, “Maybe just me. We won’t give up on her and that will make all the difference in the world.”

“Women don’t like me very much,” says Chelsea, “but I won’t change just to make them happy. Some days I just want to stay in bed and pull the covers over my face. When I won the car it was the first good thing that happened to me. Now I don't even have enough money for gas.” Neither does Bill Gates.

Bo offers to give her some money to tide her over, “How much do you need?”

“I need a lot,” says Chelsea, “With this new job at Basic Black, I need conservative business clothes.”

Bo hands her a wad, “Do me one favor. Try to get along with your mom. This is all new to her too.” I’ll give you money if you’ll... Oh, the metaphor!

“Thanks, Dad.”

Shawn and Mimi decide to dance again. Shawn’s phone rings, “Yeah, no problem. We’re on our way. That was Phillip. He wants us to come to the hospital right now.”

So much has happened since the last time Austin saw Phillip. “Nothing is dull in Salem,” says Nicole. Or normal. “I’m sure you heard half the people in Salem died and then came back to life.” I rest my case. “I wish some of them had stayed dead.”

Kate can’t believe Sami isn’t there alone, “I’m sure no decent person would want to be with you.”

Kate walks out. Sami says, “Wow, Kate, you’re in for quite a shock.”

“Sami isn’t the only one in town who can’t get it right when it comes to men,” says Nicole.

Kate comes up and hugs Austin, “What are you doing here with her?”

Nicole says, “I just stopped by to say hi.”

“Well,” says Kate, “now that I’m here you can say good-bye.”

Bo comes back. It went good with Chelsea. He thinks things will be better, “Don't take this the wrong way, but I think she has an easier time talking to her dad.”

“Don’t take this the wrong way,” says Billie, “but what teenage girl wants to talk to her father?” All of them, if Dad has the cash.

Bo says, “She said she had a hard time relating to you guys.”

Chelsea calls Max, “I’ve got plenty of cash and I’m ready to party.”

Mimi and Shawn rush in. “We have a favor to ask you,” says Phillip. Belle says, “It would mean a lot to Phillip and me if you both would do us the honor of being our daughter’s godparents.” Major stare. Also, you'll notice Belle never got her dinner. She should have held out for the trail mix.

Nicole hugs Austin. She says she will be in touch and leaves.

Kate hugs Austin. “It was the day from hell,” says Kate, “but it’s better now. We can have dinner and talk...”

“I’m sorry Mom, I’m here with someone.”

Kate says, “Are you seeing someone in New York? Did you bring her with you? Who is she?”

“It’s me,” says Sami.

Kate has ah heart attack and dies on the spot. Well, almost.


Previews
========

Kate tells Austin, “I am begging you, leave her here. Come home with me. You know that is the right thing to do.”

Belle tells Shawn, “When you’re looking at her, you have the exact same expression on your face that Phillip had.”

“Chelsea needed some money,” says Bo. Hope asks, “How much did you give her?” Bo says, “Two hundred fifty bucks.”

Chelsea dirty-dances with Max. “OMG, that’s Chelsea,” says Billie, “She lied to me.”

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

The top two picture were great this morning. Unfortunately, the bottom two won't pop in for me yet.

Why is Phil calling Shawn? Wasn't he right there in the restaurant talking to Austin?? Oh yeah, this is DAYS. I keep trying to apply logic to the plot. HAHAHAHAHA

7:02 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sami is right. How does Kate think she won when she lost her son and grandson and husband.

7:37 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

The earring picture was too funny, and oh, so true! I know it is apparently the fashion now, but not EVERYONE in town would wear those long, dangly earrings even if it is all the rage.

Besides, the only thing I can think of while watching a gal with those six-inch earrings on is, "Aren't those things brushing against her neck and shoulders driving her CRAZY??"

HEY! Maybe that's the trouble with the ladies of Salem recently - driven insane by irritating jewelry. Sami could use it as a defense. HAHAHAHAHAHA

8:05 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


Blogarama     Globe Of Blogs