Friday, September 16, 2005

Virgin Tramp

Jennifer, Bo and Hope are talking about the wedding when the girls come into the room. Chelsea is dressed like a streetwalker who has no sense of taste. She tells them Grandma Kate has been generous and bought her new outfits. Kate apparently has been shopping for Chelsea at the same store where she bys her own clothes: Sluts Я Us. Abby drags Chelsea off as they pick Jennifer’s jaw up with a shovel.

Bo yammers and stammers, “Why would Kate give her something like that to wear?”

“It could be one of the hottest things in Paris right now,” says Hope.

“Or Vegas,” says Jennifer.

“What’re we gonna do,” asks Bo.

What you mean we, Kemo Sabe,” says Hope.

The words just won’t come for Bo. He finally chokes out a half sentence and tells Hope he can’t talk to a girl about what she is wearing.

“Bo,” says Hope, “She’s your daughter. Now go in there and be a DAD.”

Chelsea goes through her new clothes. Abby can’t believe Chelsea would wear some of those things in public, “I mean, I can’t exactly see your mom wearing that.”

“Billie is over 30.”

“So is Patrick,” says Abby.”

“It’s different for guys,” says Chelsea, “and Patrick is gonna get an eyeful every time he sees me.”

Billie is with Kate. She tells her everyone knows how Kate feels about Lucas marrying Sami. Billie doesn’t like it either, “We may not be able to stop it, but I don’t have to watch it happen. I’m not going to my brother’s wedding.” Well, won’t that just throw a gizzard in the stew?

Abe tells Roman, “This is your daughter’s wedding. We don’t have to talk shop.”

“Roman says, “I can’t help it, Pard. Not when there are so many unanswered questions about that slimy bastard DiMera.”

Abe says he got a call from the warden at Statesville. They may have a lead on Stan.

Sami carries flowers into her apartment. The card says, “All my dreams will come true today when I marry you. All my love, Lucas.”

Sami smiles. All her dreams are coming true too. She picks up the paper. The headline reads, “DiMera escape attempt foiled.” The sidebar says “Accomplice still at large,” and shows a picture of Stan.

“Tony is busted and I am free,” says Sami.

Caroline bursts in, “Samantha Brady, how could you?”

Marlena sleeps. She dreams of John bringing her a flower. He says, “The day is finally here. You are about to get your memory back.”

Alex appears in the dream and tells her to get some rest and he will take care of her.

John pours tea. The security system beeps. John holds the receiver in his hand. Alex comes down. “Playing with your little toy, Mr. Black? It really bothers you Marlena wouldn’t let you in her room last night, doesn’t it?”

“As her husband, yeah, it kinda does.”

“What does your little friend there tell you,” asks Alex.

“It tells me you didn’t leave your room until just now and that’s the way I planned it,” says John.

“Whatever makes you happy,” says Alex, as he flashes back to sneaking into Marlena’s room from the ledge. In the room, he turns on a cassette tape recorder, “Just what the doctor ordered, Marlena. You’ll have a peaceful night and wake up in the right mood.”

Alex tells John, “I only want Marlena to become more herself every day.”

Marlena wakes up. She looks in the mirror, “Now for a perfect day.”

John asks Alex why he gets the feeling they are not on the same page.

“It’s not a question of hurting Marlena,” says Alex, “you’re not a doctor. Things aren’t in your control.”

John says, “That’s because you’re getting in my way.”

“Why would I be getting in your way,” says Alex, “You hired me to treat your wife.”

Back to his flashback, Alex tells Marlena, “You’re swimming. You get into trouble and call for help.”

Marlena says, “John swims out to save me.”

“No,” says Alex, “Alex swims out to save you. Alex will always be there to help you, to protect you.”

Marlena repeats his words. Alex sets the tape recorder under a pillow and it repeats, “Alex will always be there to help you.”

John thinks Marlena made progress yesterday. “Today is the day she pulls it all together and we get a breakthrough. Today she realizes she doesn’t need you in her life,” says John.

Caroline can’t believe it. She’s waited all these years to see Sami married to a man she loves and she’s getting ready with out her. Happy happy. Sami wishes her mom could be there.

At least she’s back home now says Caroline.

Sami says, “And then if only... I’m not gonna even say it,” says Sami.

Caroline says, “I know you want them back together. Even if they never got together again, they will always wish each other the best.”

Sami says, “It won’t do Dad any good if he spends his life alone.”

Abe tells Roman he got the ISA to issue a secret government warrant to bug Tony’s cell. Tony is still mad at Stan, but is refusing to cooperate. Roman doesn’t get it.

“I keep thinking of something Tony said,” says Roman, “He told me he had destroyed the life of someone I love. Now it’s Sami’s wedding day and I keep thinking he was talking about her. I hope he wasn’t.”

Kate tells Billie she wasn’t invited to the wedding. Billie suggests they go shopping. And then have a non-rabbit food lunch. Kate encourages Billie to go to the wedding. Kate says she needs to accept the fact she has lost this one. But Billie has given her a granddaughter she can shower gifts on.

“That has to stop,” says Billie.

Chelsea tells Abby she needs to start dressing like she knows she’s in the race – the race for a boy. And Chelsea hopes when Abby does find someone it will not be the guy from the java café. She gives Abby something to wear to the wedding, “See what it feels like to have men drool over you.”

Jennifer says if Chelsea is a bad influence, she can’t allow Abby to hang around with her.

Bo promises he will talk to Chelsea, “I can’t let her leave this house dressed like a...”

“Hooch,” asks Hope. Bo makes a face.

Abby says she can’t accept the gift. “Oh,” she says, “look how short it is. When we walk into the church no one will be looking at the bride.”

Bo walks in, “Not if I have anything to say about it.”

“Well, you don’t,” says Chelsea.

Jennifer and Hope talk. Abby walks in dressed like Chelsea. Jennifer is in shock, “That is completely inappropriate for a wedding. Do you want your great grandmother to see you looking like that? What about your black dress?”

“The one I wore to Dad’s memorial service,” says Abby, “If I wear that I’ll spend the whole day crying remembering the service.”

“If you walk into the church dressed like that your father is going to flip out,” says Jennifer.

Bo tells Chelsea she’s showing a bit too much skin for a girl her age. Skin and bones.

“Oh, God,” says Chelsea, “You’re such a guy.” She shows him the fashion magazine.

“You’re a young girl and you’re going to dress like one,” says Bo.

“I want you to be proud of me,” says Chelsea, “But this outfit makes me feel like I’m worth something. Yeah, about as much as a cheap hooker. Really cheap.

Bo says she is worth everything to him.

“You don’t even know me,” says Chelsea, “I don’t feel like you really like me that much. My parents loved me but they are gone. In this outfit I feel beautiful and my grandmother gave it to me. That’s special. If you let me wear this I’ll feel comfortable about myself. I’ve been looking forward to spending this day with my new family. Don’t ruin it for me.” She hugs him.

Abe leaves Roman. Roman goes into the bride’s room. He gives Sami some advice. He talks about honesty and integrity.

Caroline chimes in with forgiveness but directs her words at Roman, “If you could forgive Kate maybe you’d have the happiness you deserve.”

Sami freaks, “He shouldn’t forgive Kate. He should be with Mom.”

John tells Alex he thinks his influence with Marlena is about to end. He thinks Marlena will get her memory back today.

Alex will be leaving at a moments notice when that happens. He says he’ll go upstairs and start packing.

Marlena comes down, “Did you say you are parking. Dr. North, please don’t leave me.”

“The decision is up to you and your husband,” says Alex.

Marlena tells John, “I don’t know what you said or did to him, but I am going to keep Alex.” A puppy followed me home, Daddy. Can I keep him?

Alex watches from the top of the stairs.

Billie insists Kate is spoiling Chelsea.

Kate says, “I missed the first eighteen years of her life. I’m just making up for lost time. If you will notice, she has the perfect model’s body.” Perfect model stick figure. “And I’m not going broke giving her these things. They send them from the fashion houses.”

Billie says the fashions are too sophisticated for her.

Kate says she’s not a little girl. She has lost Lucas and Will, “Let me have my granddaughter.”

“Mom, you can’t hand her everything on a silver platter. She’s overwhelmed as it is,” says Billie.

Kate says, “I think you’ve been looking for her so many years it’s hard for you to accept what she is. A worldly girl looking for success. You could take some pointers from her. You need to use what you have to get closer to Bo.”

Bo tells Chelsea, “You don't' have to dress like this to get people’s attention. Our family is not like that.”

“Right now I feel insecure and alone,” says Chelsea, “I just need to feel accepted.”

Jennifer tries to reason with Abby. “OK, Mom,” says Abby, “but why does Chelsea get to wear what she’s wearing?”

Hope says once Chelsea and Bo finish their discussion, Chelsea won’t be wearing that.

Bo tells Chelsea he doesn’t want men getting the wrong idea about her.

Chelsea promises she won’t do anything to make him ashamed. She will go up and change.

Before she leaves, Bo asks her “Uh... we did OK here, didn’t we.”

“Yeah,” says Chelsea, “I’m glad to have a dad who understands.”

Hope watches as Chelsea leaves. Hope walks over and picks up one of the garments, “You, OMG, are going to regret this.”

Sami tells Roman he and Marlena belong together. She thinks Marlena is having trouble remembering because Roman is the only one who can get through to her. She says, “She is the greatest love of your life. Fight for that. Don’t give up on her.” Forget the fact she’s married and doesn’t know you from Adam.

John reaches for Marlena. She reels. “You have to remember last night,” says John, “The dance. You recognized the music. You seemed more comfortable you had a breakthrough.”

“A breakthrough,” snaps Marlena, “This is so irritating. Every time I say what I want, you contradict me. Well, you don’t know me better than I know myself.” Alex comes downstairs with his bags packed. Marlena says, “Don’t leave here without me.” She turns to John, “If Alex leaves, I’m going with him.” Alex smirks. Marlena stares.

Bo tells Hope he and Chelsea had a good talk. He feels good about it. Hope is happy about that. “I’m just getting used to this father-daughter thing,” says Bo, “It’s not like dealing with Shawn or Zach.”

“Of course not,” says Hope, “they don’t have Chelsea’s bag of tricks.” Heck, Shawn’s bag is empty.

Bo says, “It’s too bad you see my daughter in a negative light. I did crazy things when I was her age. I don’t think some trendy Paris outfit is going to send her on the road to hell. If those outfits are from Paris, it’s Paris which needs to worry about being on the road to hell.

“This is not trendy,” says Hope, “What she needs is discipline. She needs to behave appropriately, Bo. That’s what she needs.”

Bo asks, “Are you implying my daughter is a tramp?” Sounds like a great story to me: Chelsea Benson-Brady – Virgin Tramp.

Abby comes downstairs. She has changed. Chelsea asks if that’s what she is wearing.

“It’s just a dress,” says Abby.

“A dress is everything,” says Chelsea, who has changed into a more modest outfit, “The guy of your dreams could be at the wedding today but the way you are dressed he would never know you are there. Thank God my parents are cool about this stuff. Especially my dad. He totally gets where I am coming from.”

Bo and Hope listen. “Well, Dad,” says Hope, “You’re going to have to live with the consequences of this one.”

Billie just wants Kate to respect her wishes. Kate thinks Chelsea could be a distraction so Kate can stop thinking about the wedding.

Billie suggests Kate call Lucas to apologize, then go to the wedding. “The hell I will,” yells Kate, “if I had it all to do over again I wouldn’t change one damn thing.

Jennifer comes down. Chelsea leans over and tells Abby, “You and your mom look just like twins.”

Jennifer says as soon as Jack comes down they’ll be ready to go, “Let’s just hope this wedding takes place.”

They all agree. “One thing for sure,” says Hope, “it shouldn’t be boring.” She rubs her hands together as they all chuckle.

Kate ruffles the newspaper, “I tell you, Sami is mixed up with Tony somehow. When she heard Tony’s car had blown up she had this look of...”

“Relief,” asks Billie.

“No,” says Kate, “It was a look of panic, because she was in a conspiracy with Tony. I know it and I can’t prove it and it’s driving me crazy. So she is free to walk down the aisle with my unsuspecting son. His life might as well be over. Except I have one hope I’m holding onto until the very last second.”

“Sami’s wedding curse,” asks Billie.

“Yeah,” says Kate, “None of her weddings have turned out well and I’m hoping the same thing will happen with this one. Maybe Lucas will be lucky and his bride will be struck by lightning.”

Thunder crashes.

“It could happen,” says Kate.

Sami reminds Roman, “There is an important fact everyone seems to be forgetting. Mom fell when she was pregnant with your baby.”

“Sami,” says Roman, “The baby is gone.”

“I know that,” says Sami, “But when Mom gets her memory back she will remember you are the man she really loves.”

Roman says, “I don’t want to argue about this. Today is your wedding day, and I want this one to stick.”

“Why did you have to say it like that,” asks Sami, “Is everyone laughing at me?”

“Whaddya kidding? They’re laying odds out there, taking bets out in the parking lot,” says Roman. Caroline assures Sami he’s kidding. No he’s not. Right now the odds are 100 to 1 against the wedding.

Sami says, “Wouldn’t it be amazing if Mom got her memory back in the middle of the ceremony, and she remembered I am her daughter and you are the man she loves?” Sami hugs him.

Marlena tells Alex she’s packing to come with him. John lectures her, “Hold on. Your daughter is getting married. Your DAUGHTER! And even if...”

Marlena’s thoughts fade to, “I need Alex. He’ll help me. Alex will always protect me. She backs away from John, “You don’t get this, do you. I don’t care about Sami. All I want is to be with Alex. He makes me feel safe and protected. You and your family make me feel threatened. All I want is to be with Alex.” She walks over to Alex.

John contorts his face. FF.


Previews
========

“You need to give it up, Belle,” says Mimi. Belle asks what she is talking about. “You need to see a shrink because you really have problems,” says Mimi.

Nicole says, “I want to squash Sami’s dreams of marrying Lucas and living happily ever after once and for all.” Kate listens.

Marlena asks Alex, “What are you talking about?” Alex asks John, “Are you going to tell her or should I?”

Sami drops her mirror, “OMG,” she says, “Seven years bad luck... starting right now.”

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

SLUTS R US - how appropriate!!

I've heard a lot of slang in my time, but "throw a gizzard in the stew" is a new one. HAHAHAHA

Alex (or the writer for today) must not have done his homework. When Alex told Squints, "You aren't a doctor..." that isn't totally true. One of John's past lives included some doctoring. Besides the flashbacks we had showing his medical prowess, there was the time he performed "brain surgery" on Hope to remove the chip Stefano had implanted. Let's see the Great Alex do THAT one! HAHAHAHAHA

8:19 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

OK, Prevuze. Fess up. Who authored the quote under Sami's picture???

Is that some lyric from an old Motley Crew song or sumthin?

1:31 PM  
Blogger Prevuze said...

The quote under Sami's picture is from a Whitney Houston Song, "Memories." It was her first mainstream recording and was a featured track on the 1982 album One Down by Material, "the avant-garde downtown pickup group organized around bassist Bill Laswell and keyboardist Michael Beinhorn." The album lists the composer and, I assume, lyricist as Hugh Hopper whose website is http://www.burningshed.co.uk/hopper/

3:54 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


Blogarama     Globe Of Blogs