Wednesday, September 21, 2005

Aiding And Abetting A Dramatic Fiasco


Yet again the vows are in progress. The priest asks Sami and Lucas if they will love and honor each other all the Days of Their Lives. Of course they will. Sami is about to say ‘I do’ when, once again, Roman charges through the sanctuary doors and bellows, “This wedding has to be stopped.” They’ve spotted a jaywalker on the street outside the church.

Mimi struggles to get the bride’s dress off. Shawn thinks if they are lucky they will miss the ceremony. Mimi thinks Shawn wishes it was he and Belle getting married just like she wishes is was Rex and her.

Patrick and Billie talk about Chelsea. Patrick takes off after her, “If she wants to be angry with someone, let her be angry with me.”

Billie prays, “Don’t let her be in any trouble.”

Chelsea walks up to the bar in the Java Café and orders her usual. Josh is awestruck. He likes her outfit.

“At least you have some taste,” she says. She tells him she bailed from the wedding before it was over, “The bride wouldn’t know a designer dress if jumped up and bit her in the ass.”

Chelsea walks off. Josh says, “Yes, there is a God.”

Chelsea thought Patrick would follow. Instead, Max shows up. She grabs him and cries, “It was awful. Thank God you are here.”

Alex repeats his threat to tell Abe Lexie is sleeping with Tek. Lexie asks, “How did you know about Tek and me?”

Alex flashes back to looking through the blinds when Tek and Lexie were romping, “Dr. Carver... hmmm... Who would have thought?”

“Needless to say,” says Alex, “I was surprised to see what was going on. Sadly Abe is blind in more ways than one.”

Lexie says, “What I do in my private life is none of your business. What you are doing to Marlena is wrong. Just look at her. She’s in a trance. Something much more is going on. I want to know what it is.”

“I thought we just established,” says Alex, “you are in no position to be making demands. Your husband wouldn’t approve.”

In the great tradition of DOOL timing, Abe walks/staggers in at that moment and asks, “What would that be?”

More vows. The hooded figure reveals himself as Stan. Lucas stares in shock, “Stan!”

John flashes back to his junkie encounter with Stan, “Well... I’ll be damned. What the hell is he doing here?”

Phillip remembers being a captive with Stan. He recalls Stan knew his name, “That’s him. That’s Stan!”

Lucas remembers his encounter. They talked about Will. “That’s the traitor who almost got us killed,” says Lucas.

Sami flashes back to the make up session. Filler. Filler. Filler.

“It can’t be,” says Sami, “Impossible.”

“Hello Sami,” says Stan, “Are you surprised to see me?” Lucas lunges. Tek restrains him.

Lucas says, “That’s DiMera’s right hand man. He almost got us killed in a war zone.”

Roman asks Lucas, “Are you sure this is the guy?”

Lucas says, “Yeah, I’m positive. I’d know him anywhere.”

Stan says, “Probably as well as you’d know your own bride, isn’t that right, Samantha?” DOWN goes Sami.

Why, oh why, couldn’t the trigger-happy Salem cops and ISA goons have just shot Stan on sight when he came through the door? Imagine it. We'd be rid of Stan and Kate in one fell swoop. Of course, let’s face it, the cops would have hit everything in the church except Stan.

Lexie welcomes Abe, maybe not exactly with open arms. She didn’t hear him come in. She says, “Dr. North was threatening to tell you I’ve been moonlighting at the wedding. We’ve been discussing Marlena’s case. She’s not been well.”

“Marlena,” says Abe, “I didn’t realize...”

“Actually,” says Lexie, “she’s under hypnosis.”

Alex explains, “The events of the past few days have been too much for her. I had to act to avoid a complete breakdown.”

Abe asks, “Is she all right?”

“She will be once we are able to continue our session,” says Alex.

“Sorry,” says Abe, “ I didn’t mean to interrupt. I was just looking for Lexie. Are you coming?”

“Yeah, just a few minutes,” says Lexie. She helps Abe shuffle out.

Once Abe is gone, Lexie says, “You can threaten me all you want, but I will not let you hurt Marlena.”

Marlena drones, “Alex will always protect me. He will always help me. I need him.”

“There,” says Alex, “You see? Everything is fine.”

“She’s talking as if she has been brainwashed,” says Lexie.

“I’m just doing what is best for her,” says Alex, “If you are smart you will stay out of my way.”

They tend to Sami who has fainted. Roman and John confront Stan. Stan says, “I couldn’t stay away form Sami on her wedding day.”

Sami comes to. Lucas tells Sami she fainted when Stan walked in.

“OMG,” says Sami, “It’s true. He’s here.”

Stan says, “Sorry, Sami, I guess you thought you’d never see me again.”

Sami yells, “Lucas, get him out of here.”

Roman says, “You are crazy to come back here. You are one of the most wanted in this country.”

“I had to come back,” says Stan, “I have a score to settle.”

Shawn helps Mimi unzip the wedding dress. Mimi says she is more depressed than ever about Rex, “There are reminders everywhere I go. All I ever wanted was a normal family.”

Shawn, speaking from the perspective of a lifetime in Salem, asks, “What family do you know that is normal?”

“Ours would have been,” says Mimi, “I am stuck with nothing. I have a crappy witnessing job, a class load I can barely handle and a ton of bills.”

Shawn says, “At least you have me.” Like she said, she is stuck with nothing.

Max asks Chelsea what happened. Chelsea cries, “At the wedding Sami... called me a whore.”

“What?”

“Yeah,” says Chelsea, “right to my face. Because of what I am wearing. Grandma Kate gave it to me. Sami was jealous. She’s hated me from the minute Kate gave me the job at Basic Black.


Max didn’t know about Chelsea’s job, “That’s great Chelsea, that’s good... a job at Basic Black. Let’s forget about Sami and go out and celebrate. Let’s go back to my place, I’ll hop in the shower and we’ll hit the town. You look amazing.”

Chelsea glances over Max’ shoulder and turns him down.

“You’re using mind control on her,” insists Lexie.

Alex says, “Hypnosis is, by definition, mind control.”

Lexie says, “If you hurt her... I will not be blackmailed by you.”

“Then,” says Alex, “you stay out of my business and I’ll stay out of yours.” Lexie leaves.

Alex continues the session, “My beautiful, sweet Marlena. I knew bringing you back to Salem was a mistake so I must strengthen the bond you and I share alone. From this moment forward you will not be concerned with your husband or children. They want to hurt you. I want to help you, and I will. Do you understand?”

“Yes,” says Marlena, “I-must-no-longer-be-concerned-with-my-husband-and-
children.”

Abe wanders. John finds him. He tells Abe, “Stan’s here.” Abe asks, “DiMera’s Stan?”

Abe tells John Marlena is with Dr. North and Lexie. He does not think Marlena was doing well. John ushers Abe into the sanctuary. He goes back and finds Lexie. John asks, “What’s he doing to her?”

Roman asks Sami if she’s OK. He’s going to book Stan

Stan asks, “On what charge?”

Roman rattles off the charges, “Terrorism, acts of treason, aiding and abetting a felon.” Don’t forget aiding and abetting a dramatic fiasco.

“Is that all,” asks Stan.

Phillip wants to ask him something, “How do you live with yourself? You left us for dead.”

Stan says, “Maybe you should ask Sami.”

“What does Sami have to do with you,” asks Lucas.

“Everything,” says Stan.

Mimi says she hasn’t forgotten Shawn. She couldn’t have gotten through any of this if not for him. She asks for help with the dress.

“I hate to tell you,” says Shawn, “You’re stuck. He looks for something like wax to help loosen the zipper. “That really works,” says Mimi, “I saw it on Martha Stewart.” It works well on ankle bracelets, too.

Shawn suggests champagne, “It won’t help her out of the dress, but it will give us something to do.”

Mimi points out, “If we went to the ceremony with me dressed like this, Sami would have me hung from the nearest tree.”

Shawn pops the champagne, “A toast to something that will last forever... our friendship.”

Patrick calls Billie. He found Chelsea’s car. Billie asks him to find her and make sure she’s OK.

Chelsea stares. Max says, “I get it. You’re waiting for someone else, like Patrick.”

“I’m not waiting for someone else,” says Chelsea, “Let’s go out.” She kisses him as Patrick walks in.

John grills Lexie. She remembers Alex’ threat. Lexie says, “Marlena is upset and Alex is trying to relax her through hypnosis.”

“I never consented to that,” says John.

Then stop him,” says Lexie. John takes off to relax Alex with a right cross. Lexie says, “Whatever that man is up to is no good.”

“You will just remember my instructions,” says Alex, “You will wake up relaxed and refreshed. One... two... three...”

Marlena wakes up and chuckles. John bursts in, “What the hell is going on? You are gonna tell me why you are hypnotizing my wife and you are gonna tell me right now.”

Sami tells Roman to arrest Stan, “He’s crazy and evil.”

“Evil,” asks Stan, “You have the nerve to call me evil?”

Lucas says, “You’re outta here pal.”

“I’m not going anywhere,” says Stan, “The only one who gets what’s coming to them is Sami.”

Shawn pours the champagne. Mimi asks if he has thought about life without Belle. He hasn’t wanted to. She has accepted Rex isn’t coming back. Shawn says he has accepted Belle isn’t coming back, too, even though she still loves him. It doesn’t make any difference. Part of him still wants to be with her and part of him knows he can’t. Shawn and Mimi mutually decide they have to move on.

Mimi says, “So whaddya say we move on together?”

Max wants to make sure Chelsea knows what she is doing. Chelsea says, “I want to pick up where we left off at the beach.”

“If you think we’re having sex tonight,” says Max, “hopping into bed won’t solve your problems. You’ve been though some tough times. What’s wrong with just going out on a date, and getting to know each other?”

Chelsea says, “If you don’t want to be with me tonight, I’ll find someone who does.”

She moves over to Patrick, “You came looking for me. I’m flattered.”

Mimi says what she meant was they live together and they are going through the same thing. They need to start having fun and living like the good old days.

“You need a little reminder,” says Shawn. He starts to tickle her. The dress rips. Shawn says, “The good news is the zipper now works.” She needs to get out of the dress, “All the more reason to prove I’m not meant to be a bride.”

“Someday you will be a very beautiful bride,” says Shawn, “Let’s have some fun.”

“Maybe we can catch the end of the ceremony,” says Mimi, “If the most cursed bride in Salem can get her man there is hope for me.” It looks like hope is running out, then.

Chelsea tells Patrick it means a lot he came after her. Billie calls. Patrick tells her he found Chelsea at the Java Café. Chelsea takes the phone and apologizes for storming out.

Billie advises her, “Sami has a tendency to say things she doesn’t mean when she is under stress.” So she says a lot of things she doesn’t mean. Chelsea says she might be at the reception or maybe not.

Chelsea tells Patrick, “Now you owe me.”

“I danced with you,” says Patrick, “That was our bargain.”

“It’s time to renegotiate,” says Chelsea, “Take me out on a real date and I’ll be the best daughter anyone ever hoped for.”

John asks Alex who gave him permission to hypnotize Marlena. Marlena defends Alex.

John says, “I know you trust Dr. North. But you have to listen to me. It’s time to make a change.”

“I don’t care what you think, John,” says Marlena, “Alex is a wonderful doctor. I’m not gonna give him up no matter what you say. This conversation is over.” Marlena leaves.

“Satisfied,” asks Alex.

“No, doctor,” says John, “I’m not. There is something going on, and I’m gonna get to the bottom of it.”

Stan says he isn’t denying anything, “You are right. I did work with Tony, and I am every bit the monster he is. I brought so much pain and suffering on Salem that no punishment would ever be too great.”

They start to haul him off. He stops them, “I admit Stan is guilty, but I am not Stan.”

Sami sweats. Kate takes the mouthpiece out. Kate’s voice says, “I’m just borrowing the disguise.” She takes off the moustache, removes the mask.

Lucas reels, “Mom!”

“Kate,” gasps Sami.

Roman wants to know what she is up to.

“Gee,” says Kate, “I thought you’d never ask. Well, Sami, shall I tell them or do you want to do the honors?”


Previews
========

“You, Sami Brady, are Stan,” says Kate.

Alex tells Marlena, “The two men you loved may now very well be in love with Kate.”

Frankie tells Jennifer, “If I had kept in touch, you and I would have a family of our own.”

Jack says, “It's time for you to die, Jack old boy.”

Belle is having cramps. She says to Lexie, “They’re stronger than last time. Please tell me I’m not losing this baby.”

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

The previous two commentors had a lot of the observations I did. Kate pulling off looking like Stan?? The DNA??? The incredible stupidty of the last three days?

If Bulldog pointed out the most believable comment, let me point out the most UNbelievable one. Meems lamenting about being overloaded between her waitressing job (that I've only seen her at once) and "a class load I can barely handle". Say what?!? I haven't seen any of these bozos in class, on campus, or doing homework for three years.

Maybe she's taking a correspondence course in "Advanced Whining" she got off the back of a matchbook.

If I'd been able to read Prevuze sooner today, it might have helped my stress level. HAHAHAHA

12:42 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Could it be a duplicate costume that Kate is wearing? Other than the DNA Kate might be messing up, what other proof is there? Even with DNA, couldn't Sami just say hers is on it from when "Stan" overpowered her or something like that?

6:02 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


Blogarama     Globe Of Blogs