Friday, April 08, 2005

Happy Trails To You

The docs check out Jan as we flash back to her fight with Mimi. Lexi says her pupils are fixed. We’re faxing the report to Tec. No need, Tec walks in. The patient’s dying, but Tec is more interested in Lexi. They talk about Abe. He puts a tender hand on her shoulder, “If there is anything I can do...” Back to the patient. Lexi says, “The question is IF she comes out of this.” Lexi wants to know if there are leads on the attacker.

Mimi looks at the scratches on her arm. She puts on a jacket and flashes back to the fight, “I never meant to hurt you Jan. It was an accident. Who’s going to believe that? I’m not hanging around to find out.” Belle comes in and sees Mimi packing. She asks where Mimi is going.

Shawn tries to convince Rex to help him rescue Phillip. “Two guys with flexibility and mobility should be enough.” Not to mention a combined IQ in single digits. Rex says he just can’t do it.

In Chloe’s dream Brady yells for the receding figure to stop. He’s sorry, he thought she was... “Wait, I do know you. I loved you once. Chloe, you’re alive.” Nicole comes up to him and asks, “How could you still love her. Look at her face.” Chloe covers her face and runs. Then she wakes up in the hospital.

Nancy is there, planning the latest memorial. “What happened to the strong, fearless Chloe I used to know? I think your psyche was damaged more than your face. This is your last chance to come clean with Brady.”

Brady is at the church, “I always knew this day would come. It doesn’t make it any easier. Nancy said she was bringing your ashes for burial and I knew I would have to say good-bye. Now that moment is here. How am I supposed to say goodbye to the only woman I really loved.” Nicole, of course, walks up behind him.

Chloe looks over her shiny new urn, “Why are you doing this to me,” she asks.

“Chloe,” says Nancy, “you have put me in an impossible situation. If you don’t like it, do something about it. I’m sorry you are scarred, but you have to start living in the present.”

“Just let me handle this my own [stupid] way,” says Chloe.

“OK,” says Nancy, “but don’t’ say I didn’t’ warn you. You will lose Brady forever.”

Nicole says, “Damn that Nancy. She’s trying to poison Brady against me.” Nicole doesn’t want Brady to have to go through this alone. She’s there to help him. Brady doesn’t think Nancy will be comfortable with her being there. But he wants her to stay. He leaves to talk to the priest. Nicole waits. She blows out Chloe’s candle, “Lights out for you Chloe. Finally I’m going to get everything I deserve.”

Tec assumes Jan was attacked by a woman. The witnesses said so, and he also has the fake fingernail. He wants to take DNA samples from underneath Jan's fingernails. Lexi thinks they should question people who knew Jan.

Mimi says she’s just putting away winter clothes. She heard somewhere that packing them in suitcases helps control moths. Belle sees the TV, “OMG!” Mimi turns up the volume.

Shawn wants to know how Rex can turn his back on Phillip. Belle calls from the other room. It’s the news story about Jan. Jan is near death. Mimi frets.

Nicole asks the nun if she knows when the memorial service is scheduled to start. The sister says there is no memorial service there today. She’ll check in case something was scheduled at the last minute. Nicole ponders, “Now why would Nancy tell Brady there was a memorial service unless it was something she came up with on the spot when she saw us together?”

Nancy takes dirt from a dead plant and puts it into the urn. Chloe wants her to call off the memorial service. Nancy says Chloe is the only one who can do that. Nancy leaves. “I have to stop her before she makes things worse,” thinks Chloe.

Lexi tells Tec Jan doesn’t have any friends, but she thinks someone Jan knew could have done this. She also suggests Tec talk to Mimi.

The group watches the news. They show Stan being interviewed. He hopes the attacker gets the death penalty. The group wonders what kind of monster would do that. Mimi starts to pass the coffee around. She spills it on Shawn. This shocks Shawn into flashbacks. He remembers Jan spilling coffee on him and revealing her identity to him. He remembers the cage. He remembers rattling his cage. He remembers escaping. He remembers the motorcycle. He remembers the wreck. “I remember what happened to me. When you spilled the coffee on me I remembered. Jan kidnapped me and held me prisoner.”

Chloe asks Nancy not to do this. Nancy asks, “What else do I tell Brady if I don’t tell him you’re alive? If you were this stubborn about living life instead of hiding it, think how things would be.” Chloe says she isn’t changing her mind.

Nancy leaves and Chloe thinks, “Now I have to stay and watch this. Imagine attending your own memorial service. Nancy, you made a bad situation worse.”

Nicole tells Brady there is no service planned. Brady says there was a mix-up with scheduling at the church.

Nancy comes in and says she doesn’t want Nicole there. Brady talks Nancy into letting Nicole stay. Nancy says father Janssen has a conflict. Father Antonio is out of town. Nancy needs closure, so they need to proceed on their own. Nicole agrees. This would be Chloe’s third memorial. “Third time’s a charm,” says Nicole.

Nancy gives Brady the “remains.” She goes to put on some music - she brought a CD of Chloe singing. Nicole asks if Brady is OK. Brady says, “The most incredible thing just happened. I feel like Chloe is right here.” Imagine that.

Nancy goes out into the hall. Chloe is there. So Nancy gives Chloe the CD to play. “Once Brady knows you are at rest, he will put his love for you to rest. At least Nicole is willing to fight for the man she loves, which is more than I can say for you. So say goodbye to Brady.” Chloe plays the CD as Nancy goes back in.

Brady says to the urn, “God I’ve missed you. If only you knew how much. I would give anything to hold you again. Hear your voice. See your face. It hurts like hell to know I’ll never be able to do that. This is as close as I’ll ever be to this petunia dirt again. People say they feel closer to God here. I sure feel closer to you. He kisses the jar. But this is not you. Your beauty and goodness are with the angels. I hope to see you there one day. Until then...”

Happy Trails To You...

Nicole tells him what he is feeling is Chloe’s spirit, “She’s letting you go so you can be free to live your life again. I’ll always be here for you.” Nancy watches the mourners.

Lexi tells Tec Mimi and Jan have a history. High school. Internet. Nude photos of Chloe. Tec thanks her for the info. As she leaves she tells him how good it was to see him. Platonic hug. She leaves. Tec sighs.

Shawn tells them about the cage. Mimi says she knew. She saw the cage. She tried to tell them, but when she got them out to Jan’s house the cage was gone. He tells them about Jan dressing up as an old woman.

“OMG,” says Belle, “If Jan hadn’t kidnapped you, Phillip and I wouldn’t be married and I would still be with you.”

“Then,” says Shawn, “I had my motorcycle accident.” The first in a series. “Then the brain surgery. This was all Jan’s fault.” More flashbacks, “And I never proposed to her. She made it all up.”

Belle says, “Jan did all of this. She’s lost her parents, you and has no friends. Now she’s probably lost her future.”

Mimi doesn’t want Belle defending Jan. Belle says no one deserves to be brutally mugged like this, “I’m going to the hospital to see her. Mimi do you want to come with me?”

Mimi is not too keen on going to the hospital to visit Jan. Rex thinks Mimi should go. Mimi agrees. Shawn hugs Belle and tells her he loves her. The girls leave. Rex tells Shawn Belle is unbelievable to be worried about Jan. “That is why I love her,” says Shawn, “She cares about people she doesn’t like. That is why I need to find Phillip and bring him home.” She marries people she doesn’t love.

As they get in the elevator, Belle tells Mimi, “Lets hope they find who did this and put her away for a long, long time.”

Chloe sulks. Brady and Nicole Mourn. Nancy prays Chloe will see the light. Back to the brooding Chloe.

The music has been playing forever with no voice kicking in. They notice Chloe isn’t singing. Chloe figures that out too. She starts to sing a sappy little song.

Brady says, “That’s not a recording...”

Rex tells Shawn they don’t have the money, power or know how to go there. Shawn says they need to think outside the box. That, of course, would involve thinking. Shawn has a bright idea, “Pack your bags, we’re going to find Phillip.” Rex rolls his eyes.

In the hospital, Tec asks someone on the phone, “How long before we have the DNA results?” The nurse tells the girls visiting hours are over. Mimi looks in on Jan. “MIMI LOCKHART,” booms Tec, “what can you tell me about what happened to Miss Spears?” FF on the worried Mimi.


Previews
========

Nancy asks Brady, “If Chloe is the one true love of your life, where does Nicole fit in?”

“Nothing is going to stop me from rescuing Phillip,” says Shawn. “Not even Belle,” asks Rex.

Bo tells Billie, “For all we know, he could be the one keeping us from finding our daughter.”

Jennifer says, “It just seems really strange...” Hope interrupts, “...Strange that you might have to share him with another woman.”

Bonnie asks Mimi, “You’re the one who did it, aren’t you? You’re the one who tried to kill her!”

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

This third memorial thing is just to stupid. Why would Nancy be hauling an urn around for months before burying the ashes? Doesn't Brady find it strange there are no other mourners at this memorial? Her other friends like Belle, Shawn, Mimi? Her FATHER for pete's sake?

6:52 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

This third memorial thing is just too stupid. Why would Nancy be hauling an urn around for months before burying the ashes? Doesn't Brady find it strange there are no other mourners at this memorial? Her other friends like Belle, Shawn, Mimi? Her FATHER for pete's sake?

6:53 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


Blogarama     Globe Of Blogs