Monday, April 04, 2005

I've Got You Babe

Mimi frets. She has found a note on the door. The note says, “Meet me on the roof. It’s time what you got what’s coming to you.”

“When I walk through this door,” says Mimi, “my whole life could be over.”

Stan is down at the dock, “Come on John, where are you? I’m going to make your life a living hell.” He ducks as a couple comes down. The bride is blindfolded. They kiss. He has brought her back to the place where they first met.

Stan flashes back to a tender moment with Lucas. In bed. The proposal. Stan cries. The couple leaves. Sobbing, Stan says, “Lucas and I almost made it. Then he turned on me just like everyone else in my rotten life. Now every single one of them will wish they had never crossed Sami Brady.”

John looks for the “little punk.” He’s gonna find him and find out who he’s working for. John spies Stami, “Well, this is my lucky day.”

Chloe vows to let Brady know she is alive - in her own time. She has to stop Nancy. Nancy’s phone rings. She looks at it and sees it’s Chloe, “I’m sorry. This has gone on too long.”

The doorbell rings at the Kiriakis mansion. Brady answers in Nicole’s robe. Nancy is sorry to disturb. Nicole comes running up behind Brady yelling something about the pizza, “Ooooo, you’re not the pizza delivery guy.” I guess it would have been OK to give the pizza guy a thrill, but she should have dressed for Nancy.

Chloe is peeved. Nancy isn’t answering. She talks to Brady’s photo, “What am I gonna do? If Nancy says I’m alive you will want to see me. There has to be some way to stop her. OMG why didn’t I think of it?” She makes a call.

“Dr. Wesley,” says the voice.

“Daddy,” says Chloe, “I need your help.”

Brady invites Nancy in. She tells Brady he’d better sit down. She gets a call. It’s Craig. She answers. Brady goes to get dressed. Craig tells Nancy he’s not going to stand for what she is up to. In the background, Nicole wonders what’s going on.

Mimi says she can’t keep her secret much longer. Mimi’s conscience pays her a visit. Her conscience tells her she should never have kept the secret. She needs to tell Rex now, “What’s he going to do, kill you?”

Fade to Rex playing with his scary-looking jackknife.

John makes notes on Stami into his recorder, ““There’s something about him. I know him from some place.”

Stami’s phone rings, “Better show up soon John or the boss man won’t be happy. He has big plans for you.”

“Better tell me what they are pal,” interrupts John.

Nancy continues to protest on the phone. Brady pulls Nicole out of the way. Nicole thinks it’s rude Nancy showed up.

Nancy says, “Craig, I haven’t done anything.” He tells her they have been over this. Chloe will do this in her way. Nancy says they can’t wait. He has to go. He asks her to think about it.

Chloe decides she needs to get over to the Kiriakis mansion. Fortunately, she's in a hospital that just lets patients come and go in the middle of the night, so she heads off to intercept Nancy.

Nicole doesn’t think Nancy should be there. Brady reminds her if Chloe hadn’t died, Nancy would be his mother in law, “The way she acts, says Nicole, you’d think her daughter is still alive.”

Mimi thinks maybe her conscience is right. Maybe Rex actually might understand. In she goes to face the music. Rex flips on the lights. He has prepared a romantic dinner. He cuts a cord with his ugly jackknife and confetti rains down. He wants to prove how much he loves her. Mimi is impressed. He has prepared all this along with “their very best bottle of plumb wine.” They each, of course, have something to say.

John wants to know who Stami is working for. Stami says s/he doesn’t know. Stami says it isn’t just that he is being paid to do this, though. He also has his own reasons for doing this. Community service. John is going to assist Stami right to Statesville, “I am ISA and you are under arrest.”

Chloe lurks outside at the K-mansion, “Brady, you are so close.” She flashes back to wonderful moments with Brady. She peers in and sees Nancy, “OMG she’s here. She’s done it. Nancy, how could you?”

Brady tells Nicole she shouldn’t be threatened by Chloe’s memory. Brady’s phone rings. He has to take it – Tokyo office. Brady goes upstairs. Nicole sneaks in to the room where Nancy is. Nancy sees her and says, “Oh, so you put something on. How nice. What can I do for you Nicole?”

“You can tell me why you came here tonight. I understand you’re still grieving. Let her rest in peace. Chloe is a part of Brady’s past.”

Nancy says, “And I suppose you think you are part of his future. But I don’t. You are nothing to him but a warm body.”

“Is that so,” says Nicole.

“You will find out soon enough,” says Nancy.

Nicole reminds Nancy Chloe is dead, “she is just ashes in a jar.”

Nancy blurts out, “She is not dead. She is alive!”

Brady walks in, “What the hell are you talking about Chloe is still alive.”

Chloe stares.

The dinner party continues. Rex grabs his guitar. He breaks into a rendition of I’ve Got You Babe. Where are sonny and Cher when you need them?

Mimi cries. It kind of brought tears to my eyes, too, if you catch my drift. “It was wonderful,” she says, “but I don’t’ deserve it.”

“You deserve all my love and so much more,” says Rex, “I want to spend all the Days Of Our Lives making you happy.”

Mimi thinks, “Oh, God, how can I tell him?”

Stami says John won’t arrest him. He’d give the authorities his client list. John would be on it. He couldn’t pass a drug test. He’d be removed from active duty, “You couldn’t afford that. Everyone’s counting on John black Super Agent to bring Phillip home.”

John lunges for Stami. Stami brandishes a syringe, “You destroyed my life, now I will destroy yours.”

“I don’t even know you,” says John. Stami stabs at John with the syringe. John stops him.

Mimi and Rex hug, “This just makes it a lot harder to tell you,” says Mimi. Rex tells her there is just one more thing. He pulls the knife again. He thinks their initials should be carved into the door, like everyone else’s. He carves. Mimi frets. There it is, “R & M.”

“I think I am the luckiest girl in the world to have found a man like you. “ Rex tells her how lucky he is too. Mimi interrupts him, “Stop, I have to tell you something.”

Rex won’t let her, “Tonight is about us and our engagement. I am not letting anything spoil that.” He kisses her. The chaise lounge comes in handy.

As they struggle, John says, “My God, you’re not even a man.” Giirrllyy Man Stami subdues John. He jams the needle in, “I’m more of a man than you’ll ever be. Enjoy your fix.”

Stami runs off and makes a call, “Mission accomplished.”

John finishes the job – down goes the plunger on the syringe.

Nancy of course backpedals. Brady senses something on the patio, “It smells like Chloe’s perfume. But it can’t be, right? Impossible.” They decide it’s just the jasmine in the night air, “So what about Chloe,” he asks Nancy.

She says, “It’s kind of personal Brady.”

This was Brady’s cue to kick Nicole out. Brady asks Nicole to leave, “Nancy are you OK?”

“I’m fine. Just seeing you and Nicole together was hard to take. I reacted badly. I realized Nicole has replaced Chloe in your life. I said she was alive, because she will always be alive in my heart.” Yeah, the old “alive in my heart” trick.

Brady asks why she stopped by. She has planned Chloe’s memorial. She wanted to know if he can be there.

“Nancy what are you doing,” thinks Chloe as she eavesdrops.

“She loved you so much says Nancy.” They hug.

Chloe pines, “Brady still doesn’t know I’m alive. But he will and we will be together.”

Brady says he wouldn’t miss the memorial service. Nancy will phone him with the details.

“Is it me, or is there something really strange going on here,” Nicole asks herself. She gets a call. Stami tells her it’s a friend. Nicole threatens to call the police.

“Don’t do that unless you want to lose Brady forever,” says Stami.

Nicole says, “The only person who could come between Brady and me is dead.”

Stami tells her, “If you know what’s good for you, you won’t tell anyone I called.” Stami hangs up.

Nancy leaves. Outside, she calls Chloe. Chloe runs up and asks, “Another memorial service?

“I had to think of something,” says Nancy, “I want to keep you in Brady‘s mind. If he falls for Nicole you’ll never get him back.”

Brady asks if Nicole is OK. He goes to check on the pizza.

Nicole stares at the phone, “I’m not getting a good feeling about his.”

Stami calls Chloe, “I’m a friend who wants to welcome you back to Salem.”

Chloe asks, “Do I know you?”

“No, but you will.” Stami hangs up, “Oh, yeah, this can’t miss. Everything’s going my way.” FF on Stami staring and smiling.



Previews
========

Hope asks Shawn and Belle, “What’s bigger than two people pledging to spend the rest of their lives together? It’s the biggest commitment you’ll ever make.”

Mimi tells Rex, “You gave me an evening I’ll never forget.” Rex asks, “They why do you look so sad? What’s wrong?”

Bonnie tells Patrick, “Can’t snag a Horton? You could do a lot worse than wind up with Billie. So I say go for it.”

Abby says, “They said if Billie does something bad again, she could lose her job and get arrested.” Chelsea says, “Really...”

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


Blogarama     Globe Of Blogs