Friday, April 01, 2005

NEKKID

Mimi wanders at the docks. She wonders who that guy was. Coincidentally, Jan Spears comes walking toward her. She walks up to Jan screaming, “You evil little...” and socks her. Jan, appropriately, looks confused.

Stami gets back to his hotel room covered in garbage and screaming, “Damn you Mimi Lockhart. Bad mouthing me to Lucas when you’ve done something a million times worse than I have ever done.” He contemplates his garbage-covered self in the mirror and flashes back to his make up session, “You’re going down, Mimi.” He contemplates Nicole’s picture, “On the other hand, after all my trouble, it would be terrible to waste it all on Mimi Lockhart.”

Brady and Chloe in Bed. Chloe’s fantasy. She smiles through the scars. She’s missed him so much, “It won’t be that much longer. We’ll be back together again.”

“Don’t be so sure,” says Nancy, as she walks in. She holds up a newspaper with an article circled, “According to this, you and Brady are through for good.”

Brady leafs through papers. He was supposed to have this stuff to Japan two days ago. He tells himself to focus. Nicole comes in and takes her robe off, “I’ve got just the right thing to help you relieve your stress.”

John lifts weights as Kate spots him. He sweats like, uh, John needing a fix. He assures Kate they will find Phillip. Kate wants to know how. They had the perfect plan and it failed. “I’m the one who dropped the ball,” says John.

Hope reassures Belle. Belle isn’t convinced. She misses her mom right now. She asks what Hope would do if Bo were the one held captive. Hope thinks, if he doesn’t stay away from Billie Reed, I’d let them torture him.

Super Shawn has to do something. He can’t just sit here. He’s going to go rescue Phillip himself. Bo asks, “Whattya nuts?” Like a Stucky’s Pecan Log. Bo tells him to leave it to the professionals.

“No, Dad. I have something they don’t have, something that is sure to bring Phillip back alive.” His Captain Marvel decoder ring?

Nancy reads Chloe a gossip article about Brady hanging out with his step-grandmother. The article claims the couple is so hot if Brady’s former diva-girlfriend was alive she’d be singing, “I Lost My Love To Another.” Chloe doesn’t believe it. She points out the article doesn’t mention any names. And since it’s a very common thing for guys to date their step-grandmothers in Salem, it doesn’t mean anything. Nancy warned her this would happen. “Stop it,” says Chloe, “Why are you doing this to me?”

“If I were Nancy Wesley,” says Stan, “Where in Salem would I go to get my Frankenstein daughter taken care of? St. Luke’s!” He calls St. Luke’s and asks for Clara’s address so he can send her some flowers. He picks up Nicole’s picture, “Brace yourself, Nicole, Life as you know it is about to be over.”

Nicole moves in on Brady. He can’t. He has so much to do. She wants to help him. He says OK and hands her a stack of papers.

John blames himself for the mission’s failure. It’s Kate’s turn to be upbeat. Phillip is resourceful and will come home. Kate walks off. “Damn,” says John, “I gotta find out where Phillip is.” The pain kicks in, “Damn, I need those drugs.” He goes over to the dresser and pulls out a bag.

Jan asks Mimi what the hell is going on. Mimi accuses Jan of telling a complete stranger about her abortion. Jan says, “I didn’t tell anybody. Besides, what could you possibly do to me?”

THIS,” screams Mimi as she slugs Jan. They both go sailing into the drink.

Bo tries to talk sense into Shawn, “You don’t have the skills to take out a local gang, let alone a group of hostage-takers in a war zone.” Shawn insists he has to go get Phillip. Bo wants to know what kind of a life Shawn and Belle will have if Shawn gets killed.

Hope tells Belle she has to have faith. “Phillip never would have volunteered for that mission if it wasn’t for me. If he dies, I could never go on with someone else.” OK, we’ve never heard that before, have we?

Bo wants to know what this special thing is. Shawn says, “It’s not a thing. It’s someone – it’s Rex.” Ah, not just the decoder ring, Captain Marvel himself.

Nancy insists she is trying to help Chloe, not hurt her. She points out Brady didn’t run from her back when all her hair fell out and she looked like Mr. Clean, so he won’t run from her now that she looks like the Bride of Frankenstein. She hands Chloe the phone and urges her to call Brady.

Brady comes in ready for work. Nicole throws her robe at him, “As acting CEO, I order you to get NEKKID.”

“You’re going down, Nicole,” says Stami, “but first, my boss needs me to make a delivery to John Black.” He pockets a bag-o-pills and heads out the door.

John mumbles if he doesn’t do something about the pain he’ll never be able to bring Phillip home, “I’m sorry Kate, but this is for you and Belle.” He empties the bag. Uh-oh. The cupboard is bare. The desperate junkie rifles through the dresser drawers as Kate comes back in, “Are you all right?” She sees the empty vials, “You couldn’t do this, not again.” John sweats and grits his teeth.

Mimi and Jan struggle back up the ladder at the dock. Jan is mad as a wet hen. Screamin’ Mimi tells Jan about Stan, “You had to have given him the idea.” Jan asks Mimi why she would waste the ammunition she has against Mimi by blabbing it to a complete stranger. Mimi tells Jan if she tells Rex about the abortion, Mimi will tell Shawn about the cage. Jan tells Mimi, “Don’t you threaten me!”

“It’s not a threat. It’s a promise.”

Jan says. “Don’t blame me because you’re a selfish idiot who lied to her boyfriend and sinned against God.”

Mimi flashes back to Stan saying exactly the same thing, “You lying little bitch. You did tell him. You set me up, and you’re going to pay.”

Shawn tells Bo Rex is his secret weapon because he can hack into the enemy computers. Bo wastes his breath trying to reason with Shawn.

Belle tells Hope as awful as it is having the man you love in danger, it could be worse if they had kids. Hope tells her, “Kids change everything. When you and Shawn are parents, you’ll understand.”

“I’ve been thinking about that and I kind of do understand. That’s why I’m not having kids,” says Belle. Hope stares.

Brady compares the NEKKID Nicole to Chloe. She never thought she would see the day when Brady did that, “You know Brady, I can’t believe it. We’re finally really together.”

Brady utters the DOOL words of doom, “And nothing will ever come between us.” He sets his glass of champagne down beside the picture of Chloe on the table.

Fade to the scarred monster Chloe, “You think I don’t want to call Brady and hear his voice. I can’t.”

Nancy tells her, “Yes you can.”

“No,” says Chloe, “If I’m going to tell him, I have to do it in person.”

Nancy goes into action. She’s going to hustle Chloe right over to the Kiriakis mansion. She rushes out as Chloe picks up Brady’s picture, “Maybe Nancy is right, you love me for who I am, not what I look like. And who I am hasn’t changed.” She starts to get dressed but sees the hideous ghoul in the mirror, “NOOOOOOOO!!” Nancy comes running in and Chloe tells her she can’t do this. Her scars are monstrous. Nancy vows to tell Brady and storms out.

John tells Kate, “I didn’t take any drugs. They’re empty, see.” She buys it. She is so proud of her little lying junkie. Kate is hopeful about Phillip. He is more valuable to his captors alive than dead. Besides John is on the case and drug-free.

Kate leaves to dry her hair as John rifles through the bag, “This is crazy. I just have to stop.” The phone rings.

Stan says, “It’s the candy-man, John, and I’ve reopened the shop with some high-grade imported sweets.” John tells him to buzz off. Stan says he won’t. He knows how much John wants the stuff, “If you don’t get rid of the pain, you’ll never be able to save Phillip, and that would devastate Kate and Belle.” John tosses the phone and doubles over in pain.

Jan insists she didn’t tell anyone, “If strangers on the street know your secret, it’s just a matter of time before Sexy-Rexy finds out.”

“Then your blackmail information would be useless.”

“If that’s the case,” says Jan, “Maybe I should just call Rex right now.”

Hope, trying to earn her grandmother-merit-badge wants to know what Belle means, “You love kids.” No, Belle just meant she isn’t having kids anytime soon. She’s learned her lesson about making big decisions without being sure. She wants to finish school, get her career started and be secure in her [next?] marriage. Hope tells her that sounds really smart. And then Belle lays this bombshell on us that we have never heard before. Until she makes things right with Phillip, she can’t move on with Shawn. Imagine that.

Bo would have more luck reasoning with Max the dog. But then, Max is a lot more intelligent than Shawn. Hope comes up. She won’t let Shawn do this. Belle chimes in, “I can’t lose you, too.”

Shawn seemingly relents. He gives up on his brilliant plan.

“Like father like son,” Hope tells Bo. She doesn’t think Shawn has really given up on the scheme. She wants Bo to promise he will be there to stop Shawn and not go running of with Billie somewhere.

Shawn promises Belle he won’t do something crazy.

Chloe vows to let Brady know she is alive, “But it has to be in my own time.” She picks up the phone and dials, “I have to stop Nancy before she tells him.”

Nancy’s phone rings as she walks along. She looks at the caller-ID, “I’m sorry, Chloe. This has gone on too long. It’s time Brady knew the truth.

The doorbell rings. Brady puts on Nicole’s robe and answers the door, “Whoa, Nancy, what are you doing here?”

Nancy’s eyes pop out at the cross-dresser, “I’ve come with important news about Chloe.”

Mimi tells Jan if she had anything to do with the creep, she’s a dead woman. Jan says, “If I were you, I’d be more worried about that guy being at your apartment right now telling Rex the truth.” Jan stomps off. Mimi’s phone rings, “Hey, honey, what’s up. Yeah, my mom’s fine. I’ll be home in a few minutes. We can talk then.” She hangs up, “OMG, please don’t let him know what I did.”

Mimi walks off as Stan comes down to the dock, “John, I know you want ‘em.”

Kate is asleep. John talks to her, “Just get some sleep. I’m not gonna let that punk drug dealer ruin my life. I think It’s about time I find out exactly who that piece of scum is.”

Stan lifts the bag-o-pills. John’s face comes into the picture staring at the pills like a hungry dog.


Previews
========

Rex tells Mimi, “There’s something I want to say.” Mimi says, “There’s something I want to say to you, too.”

Nicole and Brady grill Nancy, “What the hell are you talking about,” asks Brady, “Chloe is still alive.”

John fights with Stan, “God, you’re not even a man.” Stan jabs a hypo through John’s coat.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

"Sweats like John needing a fix", i.e., Squint's Sweat. It could become a new buzz word.

Myself, I want me some of those bag-o-pills. Squints is so stove up he can barely think because of the pain, but a couple of those red pills and he can lift weights!! Those must be some miracle workers.

And where does "nuts like a Stucky Pecan Log" boy think he's going to go to save Phil? If Rex can find him so easily, why doesn't Rex just tell the military and let them handle it?

6:27 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


Blogarama     Globe Of Blogs