Friday, April 30, 2010

A Rat's Ass

Baker collects his winnings and gets ready to leave. He does his best Jackie Gleason, "And awaaaay we go...." He opens the door and Hopeless is standing there. She asks where he is going. Baker tells her it's none of her business. Hopeless tells him they are in this together.

Stephanie is still with Phillip at the pub and wonders why Phillip would call himself a bastard. We have another flashback to Chloe's debraification.

The hotel proprietor is with Chloe at the Cheatin' Heart. He tells her someone is yanking her chain. With Chloe's chain, every link is the weakest.

Melanie finds Carly at the hospital and says she has something to ask about Chloe, "What do you think about her?"

Carly is shocked, "That's the first time Chloe and thinking have ever been used together."

Daniel and Nathan are together and miracle worker Doc Dan asks lowly piece of rubbish intern Nathan to confer with him.

Brady and Arianna are romping around. He wants to relive their first time at the pool, but gets a call.

Nicole is on her phone, "Pick up, Brady. Please pick up."

Hope tells Baker, "You just don't see the big picture. There is no turning back for either of us."

Brady looks at his phone and sees it's Nicole calling.

Nicole gives up and puts her phone away.

Brady tells Arianna it wasn't important. He reads the 'Priorities' section of the Guy Manual and says, "The important thing is why you are still dressed."

Motel manager Mortimer says someone made Chloe believe something that wasn't true. He insists Chloe jumped to conclusions and leaves.

Outside, he finds Vivian, "I did what you asked. She bought every word."

Inside, Chloe whines, "I was so wrong... Or was I?"

Baker insists he and Hope are not partners, "I couldn't' give a rat's ass about you. You're a con. You're the one who is in real deep. Who are you anyway?"

"Have a seat. I'll explain," says Hope.

A knock interrupts Brady and Arianna. Arianna wants to ignore it, but Brady the idiot answers. He opens the door to find Gabi, "I screwed up and Arianna is the only one who can help me."

Phillip says, "I haven't done anything." I guess we just totally redefined some of the things that 'anything' includes. He tells Stephanie to lay off. Then he shifts gears and says he just had an argument with Victor, "I was disrespectful."

"You like being disrespectful."

"You like being nosy," says Phillip, "What I did is none of your business. Why are you so concerned about this? You're not even friends with Melanie."

"I think she's an interesting girl," says Stephanie, "She's complex, charming, sweet, irritating in a lovely way. Well, maybe not so lovely.. If you've screwed this up she'll run to Nathan." Phillip gets a call. He says he has to go. Stephanie calls for him as he leaves. Adrienne shows up to fill the gap.

Hope tells Baker she's a detective assigned to investigate the muggings, "Don't worry. When I'm working my day job you don't exist. Neither does any other criminal. All you have to worry about is having fun and making money." Baker says he's done. Hope tells him to think about it, "You and I both know we can help each other."

"I don't want your help," says Baker.

"Doesn't matter," says Hope, "You and I are just beginning."

Carly gets off the phone. She turns to Melanie, "Bo says hi. It looks like Kimberly will recover." Oh, thank God, I can breathe again. She tells Melanie Chloe is part of her life now.

Melanie says she likes Chloe but Chloe looks at her weird, "It feels like she's judging me... like maybe she thinks I'm too loud, maybe I smile too big, maybe I talk t0o much."

"Guilty as charged," says Carly. Melanie wonders if Chloe is just possessive. Carly tells her Chloe loves Daniel very much and is really possessive about him.

Melanie asks, "You think Chloe is good enough for him and will make him happy?"

"One slut deserves another," says Carly.

"OK," says Melanie, "I'll stop being paranoid and let her into my heart." The bluebird of happiness flies into the room and chirps.

Nathan says he has to get going. Daniel asks if his leaving has something to do with Chloe.

"Sort of," says Nathan, "I don't want her to feel uncomfortable with me being here, since I am Lucas' cousin and all."

Daniel asks, "What do she and Lucas have to do with you... Unless it has to do with me?"

"No," says Nathan, "I look up to you. And so does Lucas."

"Lucas looks up to everybody," says Daniel, "So, everything is settled." Nathan isn't sure. "I know what it is," says Daniel.

Chloe finds Phillip, "We need to talk."

"Here?"

"Yes," she says, "Phillip, we're friends."

"With benefits."

"I need to put things in perspective," says Chloe, "What we did was a mistake. We're not the only ones to blame, though. It's because of Carly. That slut set me up."

Phillip says, "Blaming someone else for the predicament you're in... that can work."

Gabi whines and tells Brady and Arianna her sad story, "So my laptop froze and my history paper is gone."

Brady asks, "Did you back it up?"

Gabi explodes, "Would I be on the verge of a breakdown if I did?" She turns to Arianna, "I need your help to rewrite it." Rewriting history. It's not the first time that has happened on DOOL. Brady tells Arianna to go help her sister, "Could you give us about five minutes alone together first?" The girls leave.

Immediately afterward someone knocks. Brady answers to find Nicole, who would have had to have tripped over Arianna and Gabi coming in.

Adrienne asks Stephanie why get upset if she doesn’t know what is going on. Stephanie just likes to be upset, "I'm not going to let anyone come between me and my happiness. Not anyone."

Adrienne asks, "Didn't you say that with Jeremy?"

"Yes."

"And Max?"

"Yes."

"And Phillip?"

"What's your point?"


Phillip wonders why Carly would go to so much trouble, "She's in love with Bo."

"I'm still a threat to her," whines Chloe, "She's selfish and manipulative and worries I will make Melanie and Daniel realize that. But I betrayed Daniel. I don't deserve him."

"You are so deserving of him."

Chloe frets, "If it weren't for that bitch you and I wouldn't have made that mistake."

Vivian tells Gus everything is going well, "I'm back in the mansion and engaged to the most powerful man in Salem. Everything is going my way. That little twit Chloe is mad as hell and thinks Dr. Manning is doing sadistic tricks on her mind."

"They must be small tricks," says Gus.

Nicole says she saw Arianna leave and wouldn't have knocked if she were still there. She begs Brady not to turn his back on her. Brady asks her to leave. "I'll leave," agrees Nicole, "but first you have to say you don't have feelings for me."

Brady thinks it over, "Well Arianna did kind of leave me high and dry in the middle of... things."

Hope says, "Before you go, hand over the cashier's check."

"What check?"

"I know you took DiMera's bankroll," says Hope, "Hand over the check."

Baker says he has it, but it's not on him. Hope draws a gun. Baker forks over the check, but it's too late. Hope fires. Behind Hope, feathers fly as the bullet just misses the parakeet in its cage. Hope takes the check and tears it up. Baker says, "You really are nuts and I really have to go."

Hope begs, "I need you. Please don't go."

Daniel thinks this is about Melanie, "I know you have unresolved feelings about her." Nathan insists he respects Melanie's marriage. I guess you'd have to say he respects it more than Phillip does, anyway. Daniel says he knows that and then wonders why Nathan won't stay. Nathan says he has a date with Stephanie. Daniel wonders why he didn't say that in the first place. Nathan says he thought it would sound unprofessional to talk about a girl at work, "I don't want anyone questioning my professionalism."

"Mrs. Martin's family was doing that at her funeral," says Daniel." Nathan leaves.

Melanie says she's seen another side of Carly lately. She now realizes people make mistakes and if they try to rectify them they should be given another chance. We'll see if she feels the same way when she finds out about Phillip's mistake. Melanie now wants Carly to be a part of her life and thinks maybe in time they could be closer. Carly says she would like that.

Arianna and Gabi are at the pub. Arianna computes and says she thinks she might be able to get the history paper back. Gabi asks if she wants to call Brady and tell him she might be back early. Arianna doesn't want to do that, "That would decrease my chances of walking in on him and Nicole."

Dimwit Brady shuts the door and turns to Nicole. Nicole hugs him, "Oh, Brady!"

Brady says, "Wait here and I'll get something to drink and you can plead your case." He leaves.

"Yes," says Nicole, "I knew he still cared!"

She picks up Brady's phone and sees a text from Arianna, "Good news. I'll be back soon."

Nicole whines, "Why can't she just leave us alone?" She loosens her top, for what good that will do.

Brady comes back in and notices she's showing the goods, "OK. Tell me why you... are innocent."

Baker asks, "What do you need me for, target practice?"

"No," says Hope, "What would make you think a sharpshooter like me needs to practice? I just need you. I can't do this alone. Someone I loved very much... still love... is gone. I feel so alone. I don't want to do this any more."

Stephanie says she isn't naïve. Stupid, yes. Scatterbrained, yes. Irritating, yes. Naïve, no. "I know guys run to the rescue of the woman scorned but I won't let Melanie play those tricks on me. I need to get Nathan to move forward and commit."

"How," asks Adrienne..

"I'll hide his Guy Manual."

Chloe says Carly is behind all this, "If it weren't for her you and I would have never..."

Phillip tells her to cool it, "You have to keep it together and stop blurting things out." He tells her to stay away from Carly.

"No problem," says Chloe, "I hate her so much."

"Just stay away from her."

"I'll try," says Chloe, "That woman is evil and Daniel needs to know that."

"I think he knows it," says Phillip, "In fact I think that's why he got together with her in the first place."

Carly and Daniel are back at his apartment. Carly wonders if they shouldn't have met at Daniel's office. "Of course not," says Daniel, "Chloe couldn't walk in and find you if we weren't here." He says he ordered out and has to go pick up dinner. She tells him he's been a great friend.

Daniel asks, "You have my back, right?"

"Just let someone try to mess with you," she says. He leaves.

Nicole opens her blouse even more. Brady asks what she is doing. "Showing my appreciation," says Nicole.

"That's all you're showing," says Brady, "This was a bad idea."

He starts to leave but Nicole stops him, "Why are you doing this? Why are you fighting it?" Brady says he's going for a walk and wants her gone when he gets back.

Baker moves toward Hope. "No touching," she says, "You have to admit, we'd make a great team." Baker agrees. "Great," says Hope, "Let's go. Let's rock and roll."

Adrienne gives Stephanie her two cents worth, "Just be yourself. You are too terrific and if Nathan doesn't realize how lucky he is, to hell with him. Have fun tonight." She leaves.

Melanie and Phillip are together. They blather about their undying love for each other and Melanie asks if they could swing by Daniel's place this weekend and go out with him and Carly. Phillip agrees. Melanie also says she wants to invite Carly. Phillip thinks that's OK, too. Phillip has more leg than brain. Melanie says she'll be right back. She leaves and Phillip makes a call.

Carly sits in Daniel's living room as the door opens. She thinks it's Daniel coming back with the food, "That was fast."

CHLOE!

Nicole makes a call, "Brady, please call me back. I pushed it and will never do anything like that again, until I get my boob job."

Nicole walks into the pub. She fakes a call and makes sure Gabi and Arianna can overhear, "Brady, It was great spending time with you just now. You really came though for me." She gets off and looks over at Arianna and Gabi, "Oh, I didn't see you two."

Arianna gasps, "You were with Brady?"

"He was just a shoulder to cry on," says Nicole, "which is why he didn't respond to your text. I thought you were headed back over there."

"I AM," snorts Arianna. A mushroom cloud remains where Arianna once stood. Hell hath no fury...

Brady searches for his cell phone, but figures he forgot to bring it.

Baker and Hope see Brady. "I know that guy," says Baker.

"Let's kick it up a notch," says Hope.

Stephanie chucks something in the trash as Nathan comes up and asks if she is ready. "Definitely," she says.

Vivian tells Gus it won't be long before Chloe attacks, "Let the fireworks begin."

Prevuze - Now in 3D!
But only if you have a pair of those lame glasses.

Phillip makes another attempt to contact Chloe, "Why don't you pick up?" He resorts to leaving a message, "Take what I said seriously. Don't do anything rash especially around Carly."

Of course, Melanie overhears, "Why would Carly do something rash?"

After what we did together," says Phillip, "I just hope she doesn't find out she has a rash."

Chloe asks where Daniel is. Carly tells her and says she's working on a case, "Is something wrong?"

"You," says Chloe, "I know you think I'm not good enough for Daniel."

"That's not true," says Carly.

"Shut your lying mouth," says Chloe, "I know what you did."

Gabi grabs Nicole. Nicole yells, "WATCH IT!"

Gabi SAYS, "I just want you to know I agree with my sister. I think you are a horrible person."

Nicole tweaks Gabi's nose, "You need to grow up and so does your sister."

Arianna comes back into the Kiriakis mansion and calls for Brady, "Where are you?"

Hope walks up behind Brady, raises her pistol and...

KONK!

It's lights out for Brady. "That went well," says Baker, "Lets get the money and get out of here."

"Not yet," says Hope, "He doesn't get off that easily."

If Arianna gets hold of him after finding out he was with Nicole, Hope is right for sure.


NOTE – you can now follow Prevuze on twitter at: http://twitter.com/prevuze

Prevuze II has a video of the daily show previews, which should be available by noon (EST) on any given day. To see Prevuze II: CLICK HERE


10 Comments:

Anonymous Berg said...

The only thing to have made this episode any mnore of a snoozefest would be to have Rafe Hernandez in it. Today's Prevuze pics were hilarious. Love the one with Max and the skeleton. Wonder how long we have to wait before we see that prop again.

It's too bad Hope is only attacking males. I know a few females that need to konked on the head. Plus, why is Rafe poor? He would make an excellent mugging victim. Just sayin...

Happy Friday everyone, go out enjoy the day if the weather is nice on Monday, maybe take a walk - you won't be missing much.

3:57 AM  
Anonymous Leslie said...

Baker tells her it's none of her business. Hopeless tells him they are in this together.

First Nicole and now Hopeless – Dr. Baker is certainly a psycho chick magnet, and he still hasn't gotten any.

We have another flashback to Chloe's debraification.

Talk about beating a bra to death! On the other hand, this could be shameless product placement for Victoria's Secret. That little number has got to be an underwire.

Carly is shocked, "That's the first time Chloe and thinking have ever been used together."

You bet! What’s with Melanie asking Carly for her opinion of Chloe? With Mother’s Day just around the corner, perhaps Melanie is trying to figure out if she wants to buy a card for her biological mom or her stepmom to be.

Hope tells Baker she's a detective assigned to investigate the muggings.

Huh!!! Does this mean that Hopeless knows about Hope but Hope doesn’t know about Hopeless?

"I don't want anyone questioning my professionalism."

"Mrs. Martin's family was doing that at her funeral," says Daniel."

They’re also hoping that Nathan’s malpractice insurance is up to date.

Nicole whines, "Why can't she just leave us alone?" She loosens her top, for what good that will do.

Unlike Chloe, there’s no need for an underwire in Nicole’s bra.

"Not yet," says Hope, "He doesn't get off that easily."

If Arianna gets hold of him after finding out he was with Nicole, hope is right for sure.

LOL!!!! Now let’s see. Who should be Hopeless and Dr. Baker’s next victims? I’m voting for Gary Tomlin and Dena Higley. Concussions won't be a problem because there are no brains to injure.

Bulldog – thanks for the further adventures of Lucas. Hopefully, he catches up with Shawn and Belle so they can form the Three Stooges part deux! May sweeps – DOOL Style – craptastic!!!!

It’s a gorgeous sunny morning, the dish gods are smiling on the Prevuze compound, and it's Friday!! Accept for Daze, it's all good!! TGIF and TGFP!!!!!

5:47 AM  
Blogger Applecheeks said...

So relieved to see that the travel goblin stayed away from the Prevuze compound this morning. Ahhh, Prevuze!

"You have to keep it together and stop blurting things out."

Philip might as well ask the sun to go down in the east. DOOL writers don’t allow any of their characters a scrap of common sense.

"Not yet," says Hope, "He doesn't get off that easily."

What’s she going to do? Shave off his eyebrows? Use a magic marker to paint circles around his eyes? Leave him naked except for a pair of women’s undies? What’s her beef with Brady?

This appears to be another episode I can dispose of in about 10 minutes. If it weren’t for my handy dandy zapper I’d be wishing for the bluebird of happiness to fly in and peck my eyes out.

Thank you, Bulldog for the update on Lucas’ adventures. Thank you Prevuze for May sweeps and the hilarious Great Moment in Salem History. And I might as well thank the DOOL writers for providing such great fodder for our snark.

Have a great weekend everyone!

6:14 AM  
Anonymous Betyar said...

I think I'm due for a hike in the park on Monday. Around 1PM would be about the perfect time to do it! Good Laawd! What a snoozefest of an episode! Although I like Rafe's character on Days, I think a more boring eppisode could only be achieved by showing the Hernandez's family reunion.

Loved the May sweeps DOOL style! Happy Friday everyone, and y'all enjoy a DOOL free Monday!

7:25 AM  
Anonymous Bulldog said...

Phillip tells her to cool it. "You have to keep it together and stop blurting things out." Well finally, someone says it! I agree with Applecheeks, this advice should be stamped on the forehead of every Salemite. And right below that is the advice "Quit revealing your secrets by talking on the phone or to yourself outloud in public places." Whew, their foreheads would be pretty full.

I wonder if the gal playing Adrienne (can't think of her name at the moment) wonders why they only brought her back to sip coffee and dispense sage advice to Stephanie.

OMG. Can you imagine Daze in 3D? That deer-in-the-headlights look Chloe has would be quite frightening!

Maybe they'll juice things up by adding Hopeless II-VII. Like Sybil.

LOL over the May sweeps and With Chloe's chain, every link is the weakest.

So relieved to see a Prevuze this morning. With the rain and gloom, even on a Friday we still need to see Prevuze is on track. Happy Friday and weekend everyone! :D

7:45 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

7:47 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

~Damn, it's just a paper, nothing to get so upset about. There is some strange person assaulting strangers at large, there's a kidnapper walking about, her brother is needling some Mafia-esque family, Mia is still lurking in the sewers ready to strike at a moments notice (So I imagine) and she's whining about a paper.

~Who exactly is going to buy that Carly, of all people, set Chloe up? She won't even do away with an evil, frail woman who threatens her life on a daily basis. But she'll cleverly set up a person who is, at best, a non-issue? O_o

She now realizes people make mistakes and if they try to rectify them they should be given another chance.
How generous of her to show the same kindness almost everyone showed to her when she arrived.

Arianna computes and says she thinks she might be able to get the history paper back.
So now Ariana has tech expertise? I mean... Brady could have gotten that laptop scanned and results delivered in 20 minutes.

"No," says Hope, "What would make you think a sharpshooter like me needs to practice?
lol

"Showing my appreciation," says Nicole.
Did he even help her yet? Pre-appreciation?

Nicole tweaks Gabi's nose, "You need to grow up and so does your sister."
Oh! I actually want to see that.

~Has Hope even spoken to Brady?? (I don't remember who speaks to who in this show.)

May Sweeps Pic: A++

And Lucas always knows how to party.

7:57 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

OMG. Can you imagine Daze in 3D? That deer-in-the-headlights look Chloe has would be quite frightening!

LMAO Bulldog! OTOH, Chloe's boobs in 3-D might just boost male viewership to all time highs.

KOTU

11:27 AM  
Anonymous square said...

~Who exactly is going to buy that Carly, of all people, set Chloe up? She won't even do away with an evil, frail woman who threatens her life on a daily basis. But she'll cleverly set up a person who is, at best, a non-issue? O_o

Vivian certainly knows how to pick her twits. It didn't take much convincing for Chloe to jump to a stupid conclusion (worked so well the first time). Besides which, Chloe has evidence that bribery was likely involved and Carly doesn't exactly seem to be rolling in dough right now such that she could drop a wad on this preposterous scheme. If Chloe had engaged her brain for just 3 seconds, she would have realized that Carly doesn't rank too high on the suspect list.

2:22 PM  
Anonymous Maggie Mae said...

Chloe needs to speak to Rafe, his jumps to conclusions are always right. Lucky dope.

Chloe in 3D? Will her acting get anymore depth?

Monday sounds like a dud.

8:27 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


Blogarama     Globe Of Blogs