Thursday, April 29, 2010

The Village Of The Damned

Sami is with EJ in his hospital room. He asks if she's going to move in. Sami says if they're going to have that conversation they have to be open and honest with each other. She openly and honestly tells him moving in with Stefano makes her want to run out screaming. Screaming is what Sami does best.

Baker joins his buddy in the dive. The buddy asks about the good-lookin' woman he's hooked up with. Instead Baker tells him about Hope.

Nicole is with Hope in the inquisition room. Nicole says, "EJ is trying to frame me." That's not a frame, honey. It's a noose.

Daniel and Carly arrive back at Daniel's place. He calls for Chloe, but she doesn't answer. Carly thinks maybe, just maybe, Chloe wouldn't like them hanging out together. Well, duuuhhhh... Melanie and Phillip show up with a welcome-home present. Phillip flashes back to his moment of Chloe-Knowledge. Melanie asks where Chloe is.

Chloe is at the hospital. She finds Nathan and says she wants to talk to him. Nathan gets it, "You mean you want to talk to me before I tell Daniel what I heard last night — that you slept with someone else."

Sami says she just doesn't know what she should do. EJ says he knows this is a tough decision. When the going gets tough Sami falls apart. She tells him Rafe wondered why this has to be in Stefano's house, "Why can't we find our own place?"

That does it. Out in the audience, joyous screaming, hysteria and mass fainting ensues in the Ejami section.

Sami reminds EJ both Kate and Stefano have tried to kill her. EJ reminds her Stefano doesn't have a lot of time left and when Stefano is gone Kate is gone. He plays the 'I didn't know my daddy when I was growing up' card.

Sami reminds him of all the things Stefano has done to both of them, but EJ stands firm. Sami decides she will think about it, and leaves.

Outside, Stefano sees Sami walk by and pensively swills coffee. He goes into EJ's room and says he saw her leave. EJ tells him if he and Kate hadn't made Sami so miserable this would be easier.

Hope tells Nicole she wants to help truth and justice prevail. But she's decided to stay on the force anyway. Nicole thinks Hope is harassing her. Hope insists she's not enjoying this. She reminds Nicole of all her crimes and the fact that she's free because a crooked governor was blackmailed, "Maybe I'm at my breaking point."

Chloe tells Nathan he misunderstood what he heard. She begs him not to tell Daniel, "It will kill him."

Nathan says, "My telling him won't kill him, but what you did would kill him. What about Melanie? She just found her father. She won't want to see him hurt."

Chloe abandons her 'you misunderstood' tactics, "It will never happen again. People could get hurt if you don't keep your mouth shut."

Hope grills Nicole, "Who was the man EJ remembered?

"EJ made it up," says Nicole, "I destroyed the TV footage out of survival instincts. I shouldn't have done it." Hope reminds her EJ has remembered something and insists on knowing who EJ was talking about.

Baker's pal deals, "So, she's a whack-job, eh? You've seen that wedding movie, right? Whack-jobs can be a lot of fun."

"She's not that kind of psycho," says Baker, "I've learned one thing in this life... If a woman has man issues, things just get worse. And this woman has issues."

"Do you think she has a problem with you?"

"That's why I'm leaving," says Baker, "I don't intend to stick around and find out the answer to that question."

Daniel says he doesn't know where Chloe is. "I understand," says Melanie, "Women don't like to be checked up on, especially when they're slumming. Marriage is an institution of mutual trust." She turns to her loving husband, "Right Phillip?"

"CHOKE!"

Suddenly, Melanie sees the broken picture on the floor, "OMG, what happened?"

Chloe begs. Nathan tells her he won't tell Daniel, but thinks she should. Chloe says she thought Daniel was back together with Carly and it drove her crazy. It was a short drive, however. "Someone set me up. I was weak, not malicious." Nathan says he won't tell, but secrets don't always remain secret. Stephanie comes in. what's wrong?

Nicole says Hope is asking her connection to a nameless man. Hope asks if Nicole knows someone who can hack into bank accounts. Nicole gets indignant and Hope gives up and leaves. God, she's a pro. Nicole sits alone, "Dammit, I need help and I know just who will give it to me."

EJ tells Stefano Nicole or someone working for her bashed his head in. Stefano doesn't think it was Nicole. EJ has had it, "If you'll excuse me, I have a headache."

Stefano gets in a zinger, "Of course you have a headache. You just spent time with Samantha."

EJ says, "Samantha is about the only person I can trust to lie to me consistently." EJ tells him she's still resisting moving in. He says he told Sami Stefano is dying, "So could you please look like you are dying?"

Stefano growls, "Sarcasm is the weapon of the weak."

"No," says EJ, "Bad dialog is the weapon of the week."

Sami and Caroline meet at the pub, so Sami can check on the kids. Caroline senses something is wrong. Sami tells her about all the problems with Will, Rafe and the fact she doesn't like the spring colors. Sami really knows how to put things in perspective. Caroline asks if Sami has talked to Marlena. Sami poo-poo's that, "She's just so... so reasonable and reminds me my problems are my fault. Rafe says he loves me but we can't stop fighting. And then EJ... he's been great. He was (say it with her) there for me during the kidnapping and now he makes me feel calm and that everything will work out. He asked me and the kids to move in with him."

Caroline has a cow, "Are you out of your mind?"

"Me and everything else," says Sami, "That's why it's so empty."

Melanie picks up the broken picture frame, "Did you forget a birthday or something."

Daniel says they had a fight, "I didn't realize how angry she was."

Melanie makes an observation, "She was pretty upset at not (say it with her) being there for you when you had your surgery." They all agree Chloe is OK now though. Except Phillip who is distracted.

Chloe says she was just worried about Daniel and leaves.

Stephanie and Nathan decide opera singers are drama queens. Stephanie changes the subject and says she knows what she wants to do tonight. She moves in and gives Nathan a sample of what's on tap.

Caroline doesn't understand, "I realize moving into the DiMera mansion would get you all together, but when they say 'it takes a village' they don't mean the village of the damned."

Sami says there are advantages to the arrangement, "Will is there."

"He shouldn't be."

"This isn't forever," says Sami, "It's just temporary. EJ says Stefano is ill and doesn't have much time left."

"Don't try to cheer me up," says Caroline.

Sami rambles, "If EJ weren't around, I don't think I'd be sane."

"You must not be seeing much of him lately," says Caroline. She suddenly has an epiphany and gasps, "You're falling for him... all over again." Translation: Sami has moved up to the Gold Plan in the Boytoy Of The Month Club.

Stefano is back at the mansion. Nicole shows up. Stefano can't believe it, "Well, well, well you never did knack for nerve."

"I need help," says Nicole.

"People in hell want ice water," says growls Stefano.

Chloe wanders and wonders, "Who hates me? Who made that nurse lie to me?" Maxine walks up and tells her Daniel is gone. Chloe asks about nurse Grant.

Maxine tells her he quit, "I don't know where he went. He didn't give an address for us to send his last check. He must've won the lottery or something."

Phillip's mood is as disheveled as his hair. Melanie wonders what's wrong. He says he's worried about work. Melanie reminds him he hired Nicole and that should explain some things. They decide have to leave. Daniel says he's sorry Phillip missed Chloe. Phillip flashes back to a time when he didn't miss her.

Outside Melanie asks Phillip if he was lying, "You knew Daniel was uncomfortable about Chloe and the picture and everything so you got us out of there. You're amazing."

Inside, Carly decides to go, but Daniel says he needs to talk to her.


Baker lays his cards on the table... literally, Kings over eights. Read 'em and weep." He decides he has to go. His buddy thinks it's strange Dick would leave in the middle of a hot streak. He talks him into one more hand.

Hope is on the phone with Ciara, "I love you, too. I hope you have a wonderful time with... uh... who have I pawned you off on this time? Oh, yeah, Julie and grandpa. Me? I'm going straight to bed." Hope hangs up and pops half her bottle of pills.

Michael Jackson shows up, "If you really want a good night's sleep, try Propofol."

Sami insists EJ has changed and is wonderful with the kids. Caroline reminds Sami he served her with custody papers at Grace's funeral. Sami defends him, "I think..."

"You think you're the reason he's changed."

"No," says Sami, "it's because of his kids. If we're (say it with her) there for him, maybe this time EJ will win instead of Kate and Stefano. We Brady's go to church a lot and ask forgiveness for those who have trespassed against us. We pray for it but we don't do it."

God chimes in, "Uh... could you define 'a lot?'"

Stefano says he put up with Nicole because he thought she was the mother of his grandchild, but now he knows the truth. Nicole says EJ is lying and wants Stefano to stop him. Stefano asks, "Why in the name of God would I do that?"

Chloe makes a call, "He still works there? He's at the Cheatin' Heart? Yes I know where that is." She hangs up, "The Cheatin' Heart, let's hear it for irony."

Stephanie is at the pub talking on the phone with Nathan. She hangs up, sees Phillip, notices he looks dejected and walks up to him, "So what did Melanie do this time?"

Melanie is at the hospital yawning. Maxine sees her. "You can't believe I'm here, can you," asks Melanie.

"The saints won the Superbowl," says Maxine, "I believe anything."

Nathan walks up to Melanie.

Daniel says he doesn't want Carly feeling uncomfortable. Carly knows Chloe was upset with her, but Daniel insists he and Chloe worked things out. He says Carly matters because they are Melanie's parents, "We have to move on."

Chloe shows up at the Cheatin' Heart. She finds the motel proprietor guzzling booze at the bar. She walks up to him, reminds him of what he said and wants to know why he lied.

Motel manager Mortimer starts to leave. Chloe says she wants answers, "Does the name Kiriakis mean anything to you? You messed with the meanest man in town."

Mortimer caves in, "OK. I'll tell you exactly what went down."

Chloe asks, "You mean other than me?"

Melanie says she told Phillip about the kiss. She says she was surprised about how great he took it. Nathan is happy things are working out, "Some of us have our 'happily ever afters.' And some of us have Stephanie."

Phillip drinks and tells Stephanie he'll be fine — As soon as he gets drunk enough. "Melanie didn't do anything. I'm the bastard. And I'm just hoping Chloe and I don't have one."

Nicole insists she didn't have anything to do with EJ's mugging. She tells Stefano about being a journalist and says she will use that to fight back. She'll say there is a leadership vacuum at the top of the DiMera family. Stefano tells her to get out, "You walk and talk at our discretion so you'd better be very careful." He opens the door and motions for her to get out.

Carly gets off the phone and says she has to leave. Daniel insists things are all good, "From here out smooth sailing."

Carly asks, "Isn't that what Bo said just before Shawn sank the Fancy Face?"

Motel manager Mortimer tells Chloe somebody is yanking her chain.

Nicole stands outside Stefano's front door, "I didn't get out of prison so EJ could bring me down."

Sami has Sydney in EJ's hospital room. She says she's decided to move in. EJ thanks her and says she won't regret it.

Baker and his buddy finish their game. His buddy gets up to leave, "Don't bother locking up. You've taken everything of value." He leaves.

Baker stands up and puts on his jacket, "And away we go!" He opens the door...

HOPELESS!

Hopeless asks, "Just where do you think you are going?"

NOTE – you can now follow Prevuze on twitter at: http://twitter.com/prevuze

Prevuze II has a video of the daily show previews, which should be available by noon (EST) on any given day. To see Prevuze II: CLICK HERE


16 Comments:

Anonymous Betyar said...

I'm not sure which title would have worked better for today's edition of Prevuze. "The Village of the Damned" is pretty good, followed closely by "She's not that kind of psycho".

It WILL seem like "a village" is living in the DiMera mansion once the Brady bunch move in! God, help EJ! His headaches are just about to go migrane. I'm looking forward to the daily interactions between the villagers, and I'm anxious to see how EJ can get Stefano to look like he's dying.

4:49 AM  
Blogger Prevuze said...

I'm not sure which title would have worked better for today's edition of Prevuze. "The Village of the Damned" is pretty good, followed closely by "She's not that kind of psycho".

I had a lot of title candidates today. In addition to what you mentioned, there was also, "Whack-jobs can be a lot of fun."

4:55 AM  
Blogger Prevuze said...

And now, dear readers, I shall hop in the trusty Prevuze-mobile and head for parts unknown. I'm not sure I really know where I'm going, but I'll know it when I get there. I hope. In the meantime, rest assured I have done everything possible to ensure I'll be able to get the feed tomorrow from somewhere north of nowhere. That doesn't mean I WILL get the feed, but it does mean I'm trying and am therefore (say it with me) there for you.

5:05 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Bo returns to DOOL, so he must have been on vacation huh?

Also read where Chad's life will be changed forever when he and Will learn about the connection between Kate and Madelaine. That won't happen until this summer though. We know Chad was adopted by the Woods already. And Kate had blood on her hands but she has done so many bad things it's hard to tell what she was feeling guilty about. Stefano and Charles are both in on the secret. Maybe Kate accidentally killed Chad's real mother trying to save Madelaine's life? Then Madelaine and Charles adopted the woman's baby? Just a thought. Maybe Madelaine and Kate were in the same business in the old days? But now Madelaine is a Judge and Charles is the DA. So that most likely would not be possible? I am sure Judges' backgrounds are investigated thoroughly before they become a judge.

Anyway, it will be interesting to see who are Chad's real parents huh? Some people think he will become a DiMera, which would mean Stefano is his biological father.

Strange how Stefano never mentions Benji or Benji's son? If he is so into his family, why did he allow Andre to murder Benji, and why does he not have Benji and his mother living at the DiMera mansion?

Did anyone else notice that Melanie was wearing a necklace that had a blue pendant on it in one scene then it changed to another amber colored pendant in the next scene? Later, in yet another scene, I saw Chad wearing that same first pendant. The two actors are said to be dating each other off screen.

5:26 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Lucas was let go from DOOL because he talked too much to reporters and said things that no one at DOOL appreciated.

Apparently on soaps, actors are expected to keep their mouths shut and only say what their producer says they can. If not, then shortly thereafter they are removed from the show.

I did read where Lucas will return in June for Alice's memorial service though.

I heard the remarks Lucas made and it seemed like to me that he was just making fun of everything, not meaning to diss DOOL at all.

Nicole and Baker are going to team up to try to frame Arianna soon.

Brady and Roman are going to be attacked by Hope soon. But her alter-ego's main- man-hated-and-desired-yet-to-be-attacked will be Bo. She even leaves a special mark on Brady after she mugs him.

5:47 AM  
Anonymous Leslie said...

"EJ is trying to frame me." That's not a frame, honey. It's a noose.

Nicole truly fits the adage about giving a person enough rope that they will eventually hang themself.

Phillip flashes back to his moment of Chloe-Knowledge.

Well, I think we all know where this is going – Philoe.

Nathan gets it, "You mean you want to talk to me before I tell Daniel what I heard last night — that you slept with someone else."

Well, I think we all know where this is going – Nathanie.

She tells him Rafe wondered why this has to be in Stefano's house, "Why can't we find our own place?"

OK – I’m fully recovered from the vapors and have dusted myself off. I thought Sami’s “own place” was the townhouse. Let’s face it. DOOL isn't going to pop for another set so that EJ, Sami, and the rug rats can have a new crib.

Hope reminds her EJ has remembered something and insists on knowing who EJ was talking about.

If EJ’s doesn’t have complete recollection of the mugging, how is Nicole supposed to know anything? There have been a series of attacks, so unless Hope is going with the copycat angle, this line of questioning is just plain stupid.

If a woman has man issues, things just get worse.

What woman doesn’t have man issues?

Stefano growls, "Sarcasm is the weapon of the weak."

"No," says EJ, "Bad dialog is the weapon of the week."

…and snark is the weapon of Prevuze!

Translation: Sami has moved up to the Gold Plan in the Boytoy Of The Month Club.

Actually, I’m thinking it’s more like the Platinum Plan.

Stefano says he put up with Nicole because he thought she was the mother of his grandchild.

Wrong! Stefano put up with Nicole because she had snatched his grandchild from Sami.

And now, dear readers, I shall hop in the trusty Prevuze-mobile and head for parts unknown.

Bon voyage Prevuze!!! May the dish be with you!! If not, we can always count on Prevuze’s blogged postcards from the edge. Your travel journals are much more entertaining than DOOL anyway.

6:06 AM  
Blogger Prevuze said...

Lucas was let go from DOOL because he talked too much to reporters and said things that no one at DOOL appreciated.

If that's the case, I'm sure TPTB at DOOL will let me go the minute they can find me.

Roman are going to be attacked by Hope soon.

Roman is so horny he'll be happy to be attacked by any woman.

OK – I’m fully recovered from the vapors and have dusted myself off. I thought Sami’s “own place” was the townhouse. Let’s face it. DOOL isn't going to pop for another set so that EJ, Sami, and the rug rats can have a new crib.

Perhaps DiMera-rich EJ (who also, no doubt is independently wealthy from his race winnings) needs something more mansion-like. OR, it could be he just wants a place that isn't covered in Rafe-cooties.

If a woman has man issues, things just get worse.

What woman doesn’t have man issues?


That piqued my curiosity, but decided I'd better not touch it with a ten foot pole.

Your travel journals are much more entertaining than DOOL anyway.

My partner who took the filling-rattling ride into that sand trap would probably not find them so interesting.

* * *

And with that, I really am off. I'm also going to head out on my trip.

6:38 AM  
Blogger Applecheeks said...

We've always known Prevuze was "off". We Prevuzites are proudly "off" with you. Just wish I was really off somewhere else as well.

But we'll soldier on.

Speaking of 'soldier', I LOL at Bulldog's pic of ex-soldier Philip and his regenerated leg. I also hooted at the caption of Chloe and her big mouth.

My HUH?! moment:
He plays the 'I didn't know my daddy when I was growing up' card.

Are the DOOL scribes re-writing history again. Of course this would be a re-write of a re-write.

Originally Susan took EJ to England to hide him out from Stefano. One would assume he was raised by her and her new husband. But during the Santos/Colleen saga, EJ was down in New Orleans at Maison Blanche, reminiscing about being a child and growing up there with Stefano. Now they are back to he "didn't know my daddy" story?

Stefano growls, "Sarcasm is the weapon of the weak." "No," says EJ, "Bad dialog is the weapon of the week."

Great come-back Prevuze, but lordy, Stefano. Come on. Sarcasm is your middle name. Not 10 seconds earlier you threw your own sarcastic zinger.

…when they say 'it takes a village' they don't mean the village of the damned."

Score one for the writers!

Several folks seemed to have non-Prevuze written lines today. I hope they keep it up.

7:23 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

"Michael Jackson shows up, "If you really want a good night's sleep, try Propofol.""

Not funny. Seriously. There's a trial to be had that's very close to a murder investigation. It's not a joke.

7:49 AM  
Anonymous square said...

OK – I’m fully recovered from the vapors and have dusted myself off. I thought Sami’s “own place” was the townhouse. Let’s face it. DOOL isn't going to pop for another set so that EJ, Sami, and the rug rats can have a new crib.

Maybe if they abandon the townhouse set, they can reconfigure and redecorate and voila brand new house for EJ! I understand that sets cost money but something like a different house set for two of the main characters would be a fixed asset.

Caroline is pretty wise, but I miss the days (Days) when she was the only Brady willing to give EJ a chance to atone and prove his love for Sami. It kind of says something that even she's jumped from the redemption ship. (Custody papers at the funeral of your dead child is straight-up EVIL.)

On BD: Am pretty sure it was largely a money issue. His contract was a non-renewal, not a firing. They wouldn't ask him back for the funeral show if there was producer bad blood.

8:35 AM  
Anonymous Bulldog said...

I'm one of those who believed from the get-go that Stefano will turn out to be Chad's father. He seems to rival EJ in the sperm potency department. (Even Joe Mascolo has joked about it.)

My HUH? moment of the week: Hopeless asks, "Just where do you think you are going?" Why is Baker letting Hope order him around?? Are we supposed to believe he can't overpower 75 lb. Hope, take her gun, shove her aside or knock her out and head outta Dodge? Please!

Phillip's mood is as disheveled as his hair. Egads, it must really be bad today!

And Stefano's comment "Sarcasm is the weapon of the weak" (also another good episode title option) almost sounds like it was coined by the author of "logic is the last refuge of puny minds". HA

LOL over Carly asks, "Isn't that what Bo said just before Shawn sank the Fancy Face?", "Some of us have our 'happily ever afters.' And some of us have Stephanie." and, forgive me, the biggest laugh I got was from "If you really want a good night's sleep, try Propofol."

Good luck in your travels, Prevuze. We'll keep our fingers crossed there's no satellite failure for Friday.

9:04 AM  
Anonymous Scolly said...

Caroline is pretty wise, but I miss the days (Days) when she was the only Brady willing to give EJ a chance to atone and prove his love for Sami.

I can't believe Sami didn't remind Caroline she has a son with Victor who can hold his own in the ganster department. Who is she to lecture?

9:09 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

As far as the new place for Sami and EJ goes, they can always redesign Alice Horton's house and update it. Now that she's gone (rest in peace Francis) I don't think The Horton Center will be used anymore.

9:25 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Chloe says she thought Daniel was back together with Carly and it drove her crazy.
They were never really together anyway.

EJ says, "Samantha is about the only person I can trust to lie to me consistently."
lol

"People in hell want ice water," says growls Stefano.
I'm sure they just want to be out of hell.

Chloe wanders and wonders, "Who hates me?
I do.

We Brady's go to church a lot
I really only see the Bradys' in church when they need "A MIRACLE." I don't recall Sami going to church just for the hell of it.

"Some of us have our 'happily ever afters.' And some of us have Stephanie."
Indeed. Poor bastard.

So essentially Chad would be a DiMera for the Highschool crowd. Because there seems to be a need for one for every generation and it's going to be a while before Johnny is an adult. Ok, not that long, but you get what I'm saying.

12:01 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

"Bad dialog is the weapon of the week." I loved that. And Caroline's line, "When they say it takes a village, they don't mean the village of the damned." I love it when Days is almost as funny as Prevuze for a second. LOL

12:16 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Nice idea about re-using the old Horton home. However, Jennifer is coming back for most of the month of June during Alice's health decline and memorial. I imagine she'll stay at Alice's.

The actress said she'd be happy to stay longer if they wanted. It would be nice to have her back. They could bring Abby back to mix in with the Stephanie/Melanie crowd. They also need to bring on some more guys that age. Rex, where are you?

KOTU

12:19 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


Blogarama     Globe Of Blogs