Wednesday, April 28, 2010

The Detective From Pluto

Rafe is on the phone at the cop-shop griping about the setup with the fake Anna. Sami comes in and says she heard him yelling clear down the hall, "You can do better than that. Usually people can hear me in the next county. So, you still think the woman in Morocco was a setup. Will came to see me earlier and was bothered about something — and you were right."

Rafe is stunned, "You just said I was right."

Stefano is in the DiMera mansion with Sydney, "They tell me your father is going to be all right. Now we just have to track the attacker down and make him wish he had never been born."

"That would make two of us," says Sydney.

Baker is with Hope at the pier. Hope says she doesn't know him. "We don't have time for games," says Baker. A cop walks up and Baker hightails it.

Nicole interviews EJ. He says there was something familiar about the guy who attacked him, "I think he was an associate of yours. I think you set me up to get me back, But you won't get away with it this time."

Hope tells the cop she has no idea who the guy was as. Baker watches from the bushes, "And I thought I was a good liar."

The cop tells Hope EJ's ATM has been raided.

EJ says Nicole made a very big mistake and won't get a pardon this time. Nicole orders Arianna to turn the camera off. Arianna is enjoying the show too much, "Not on your life."

Kate paces in the rumpus room as she remembers her conversation with Madeline. Stefano comes in and asks why she is there. Kate says, "We have a problem."

Will sits at a table at the Java Café. He tells Mia he knows she played him. She tells him Chad doesn't like him and he shouldn't study with him.

Over at another table, Chad & Mad watch. Madeline says, "It looks like Will finally figured out what Mia is like." Chad says he feels sorry for her. Maddie insists she's manipulating him. Chad worries his dad Will be upset if he finds out his mom loaned him the use of her car. That seems like it came out of left field until you follow Chad's train of thought: Mia → back seat → car. Madeline thinks Chad's dad will calm down once they find the attacker.

Nicole reminds Arianna she works for her. Arianna reminds Nicole she is a conniving bitch. They both remind each other they're lucky they're not sharing a cell at Statesville. Nicole grabs the camera, rips out the video tape and destroys it. She tells Arianna to leave as EJ soaks it all in. Arianna refuses, but EJ asks her to give them a moment. Arianna leaves.

Outside, she finds Brady. She tells him, "EJ knows who's behind the muggings — Nicole."

The cop and Hope talk about the mugger. Hope says she has to tell EJ about his ATM, so he can freeze his accounts. The cop leaves. Hope stares and wonders, "Who was that masked man?"

Rafe thinks EJ is letting Stefano see the children because he doesn't trust Sami with her own children. He thinks he has convinced Stefano Sami should move in so they can watch her.

Stefano thinks Kate is overreacting to her conversation with Madeline. Kate says it's not an overreaction because she was threatened. Stefano takes out his phone, "I'll handle things."

Madeline gets a call and Chad leaves.

The new guy working at the Java Café sees Mia carrying flowers and asks where she got them. She brushes him off and walks up to Madeline, "I got these lilacs because they are my favorite flower ever since I saw them in your house. I bring them to my baby. Chad and I have been to Grace's grave together. Have you been there?"

"No."

"I was just going there," says Mia, "I wondered if you'd like to go with me?"

Arianna says EJ thinks Nicole set him up to be mugged, "He remembers the guy was someone Nicole knew."

Brady, of course, jumps to Nicole's defense. He doesn't think the story sounds right, "I think EJ is out for revenge."

Arianna has a conniption, "What a surprise! It's EJ's fault and Nicole is the innocent victim. Deja vu."

EJ says he can't remember exactly who the guy was, "But I"ll get you, Nicole. It's just a matter of time."

Nicole asks, "DOOL time or real person's time?" Nicole decides EJ is out to frame her. EJ says the days when she doesn't have to pay for her crimes is over. "What does that mean," says Nicole."

"It means I got a huge bill for a foam rubber ball and you are going to pay it."

Rafe says that all came from EJ. Sami thinks Rafe isn't being objective. Rafe thinks the kids couldn't have a stable life in the DiMera mansion. Like living with Screamin' Sami Brady would offer stability. Sami thinks EJ is just trying to smooth things over with Stefano. Rafe thinks that is just the reason EJ gave Stefano so he would agree to Sami moving in, "He doesn't want you or anyone to know the real reason... That he doesn't just want his kids. He wants you, too, Sami."

They have a few more things to say to each other, but no one can hear it because the cheering from the Ejami section drowns it out.

Madeline says she has an appointment. Mia gets snippy, "I just thought you had some feelings for your own granddaughter. I know you're glad Chad has dumped me." Madeline sees things are degenerating and suggests they take it outside.

Will turns to Chad, "What was that all about?"

"I don't know," says Chad, "but if Mia wants to mess with someone she picked the wrong person."

Will observes, "She messed with us."

"We're just dumb teenagers," says Chad.


Sami wonders why Rafe says things like that. "Because they are true," says Rafe.

Out in the audience, an Ejami loses it, "SO IF YOU KNOW IT"S TRUE, MOVE ON G-MAN!" The show resumes once they drag her out kicking and screaming.

Sami says she cares about him because he is the father of her children. "Methinks the lady doth protest too much," says Rafe.

"Shakespeare," asks Sami.

"No," says Rafe, "Hernandez."


"Well," says Sami, "The lady is sick of everyone butting into her life."

Rafe urges her, "Think about your kids."

"That's all I can do," says Sami, "God knows I never see them."

Arianna accuses Brady of always being in Nicole's corner. She says she has to to call the boss and tell him why innocent Nicole destroyed a news story.

Back in EJ's room, Nicole vows, "You're not going to get away with this."

EJ asks, "Isn't that my line?" Hope comes in.

Nicole asks, "Are you going to tell her about the man with no name?"

EJ turns to Hope, "Nicole got a job with a TV station. And... I remember something."

Mia tells Madeline to forget it. Maddie wonders why Mia is doing this. "Chad listens to you," says the little whiner, "I deserve another chance. I know this has worked out the way you want it to. In your eyes, I will never be good enough for him."

Sami says she has no idea what's going on. Rafe says, "Look me in the eye and tell me EJ hasn't made a move on you."

"I don't have feelings for him."

Rafe asks, "Are you going to tell me something hasn't happened?"

Sami flashes back to the kiss that was so terrific EJ has forgotten all about it. "It was an emotional experience," insists Sami, "Our daughter was kidnapped."

"Now you're moving in with EJ," says Rafe, "He gets everything he wants."

EJ says he remembers the man he saw is connected to Nicole. Hope asks Nicole to leave. Nicole takes a parting shot and goes.

Outside, she finds Brady. He asks if she had anything to do with the mugging. Pure-as-the-driven-snow Nicole is indignant that he would even ask her that. Brady reminds her she destroyed the footage but she says she did it because she was scared, and begs him to help her. Arianna munches popcorn and watches the show as they hug.

Sami asks Rafe not to jump all over her if she tells him what worries her. Rafe promises to show some restraint. Showing anything but restraint is what is difficult for Rafe. "Will is living there," says Sami, "Johnny and Sydney will be visiting there, so I think living there for a while would help me protect them. And I'll be there when Johnny and Sydney visit."

"If you say so," drones Mr. Restraint.

Rafe may be showing restraint, but not Sami. She turns the hysteria up a notch, "I'm not stupid! I'm not an idiot!"

"In that case," says Rafe, "You've got everyone fooled."

"I know moving into the DiMera mansion is insane," she wails.

"I get it," says Rafe, "You're not stupid and you're not an idiot, you're just insane."

"Will is there," says cries Sami, "I'm scared. Kate is there and she and I go way back and she will turn my son against me."

"Isn't he living there because he already turned against you," asks Rafe.

"Who asked you?"


"Will is a smart kid," says Rafe.

"I don't think I have a choice," says Sami, "My back is against the wall. There is no tomorrow. It's third and long. I'm between a rock and a hard place. I'm under the gun. I have to go out there and win one for the Gipper. No guts no glory."

Brady says he's seen Nicole keep her cool under worse circumstances. Nicole panics and says she needs an alibi. Brady tells her to stop it, "He's not saying you did it he's saying you hired someone to do it, so an alibi wouldn't do you any good."

Arianna continues to soak it in as Nicole gets sarcastic with Brady. She backs off, "Maybe I should leave town — that's what everyone wants, right?" She walks off.

Hope tells EJ the perp emptied his ATM account. She wonders if Nicole has the number. EJ says no. Hope vows to get the guy.

Baker packs as Nicole comes on TV promoting her upcoming report on victims of the serial mugger. He flicks the TV off, "And I thought you were crazy, Nicole. You're a poster child for mental health compared to the detective from Pluto."

Will and Chad continue to study. Things aren't going well and Chad decides they need Mia to help them. Will refuses to study with her.

Mia comes in. The new kid asks if she wants a coffee. "Not a coffee," says Mia, "but I do want something."

Madeline and Stefano bump into each other at the pier. Stefano growls, "Next time I ask to meet with you I suggest you don't ignore me."

"There won't be a next time," says Madeline.

"You're right," says Stefano, "There won't be." With dialog like this, I'm sure silent movies are on the verge of a comeback.

Hope says money seems to be the motive for the muggings. "Nicole certainly loves the stuff," says EJ. Hope thinks he was ambushed by someone shorter than he is. "A woman," asks EJ.

"Or Lucas."

EJ thinks Nicole was involved. Hope vows to check it out.

Arianna comes up to Brady. He says she didn't know she was there, "I'm Nicole's friend."

"And a good one," says Arianna, "You were warm and caring and gave good advice."

"And since that advice was to leave town," says Brady, "you're hoping she takes it."

"I don't just love you," says Arianna, "I like you." She moves in. The patients all gather 'round and watch the show, grateful to have some entertainment since cable TV in the hospital is on the fritz.

Sami says if she moves into the DiMera mansion she isn't going to start second guessing herself. Rafe gets a call as Sami second guesses herself. "I'll be on the next plane out," says J. Edgar Loser. He gets off the phone and says he has to go somewhere for work. He asks her to delay her decision until he gets back.

"When will that be," asks Sami.

"I don't know."

"I'm not putting my life on hold for 'I don't know,'" says Sami, "I'm going to see EJ. Bon voyage." She leaves.

Rafe stares, "I can't tell her. She'll just tell EJ."

Back at the Java Café, the new guy asks, "So, you want me to kiss you?"

"Sounds like a plan," chirps Mia.

"Wow," says the new guy, "My day is picking up." He plants one.

SLAP!

The new guy reels backwards, "What was that for?"

Will breaks in, "It was for our benefit. She thinks we'll flip out with jealousy."

The new guy staggers away from Mia, "Get back on your meds."

Mia says she didn't do it for their benefit and doesn't care what they think.

Maddie says she doesn't want anything to do with the DiMeras. Stefano rages, "You came to my house and threatened my wife! Dear lady, you made a big mistake."

Kate stands in the rumpus room and pours herself a drink. Suddenly, she gasps and looks at her hands...

BLOOD!

Blood on her hands — Oh, the metaphor!

Kate looks down at her hands again and the blood is gone. Will comes in and asks if something is wrong. Kate insists everything is OK. He tells her the study group broke up. Kate thinks it's good if he doesn't spend too much time with Chad.

Madeline tells Stefano, "If you ever mention the past you'll suffer and you know that's the truth.

Hope finds Nicole waiting at the elevator, "I think it's interesting the attack on EJ was the most personal of all." Nicole brushes it off as Hope asks where she was last night. Nicole ignores that, too as the elevator comes. The doors open. Hope says they have to continue the conversation at the station and she gets on the elevator with Nicole.

"I don't care if it is an elevator," says Nicole, "We're not having sex."

Baker finishes packing, "Sayonara, Salem."

Sami is in EJ's room and has brought him a milkshake. He tells her lying there he's had time to think, "I'm lucky you showed up when you did. "

"EJ, don't..."

"I wonder what would have happened to me if you hadn't shown up."

Sami thinks the conversation is becoming morbid. EJ says he now realizes how important the children are, "So... did you figure out if you want to come and live with me?"

Rafe sits in the cop-shop looking into a computer. An officer walks up, "So, you had face time with this DiMera dame?"

"Yeah," says Rafe, "She lied right to my face." He computes, "Oh, yeah, that's her, isn't it? It looks like the elusive Anna and I will have another face to face. This time you're gonna tell me the truth, the whole truth and nothing but the truth. So help me God.

God interrupts, "Don't get me mixed up in this."

NOTE – you can now follow Prevuze on twitter at: http://twitter.com/prevuze

Prevuze II has a video of the daily show previews, which should be available by noon (EST) on any given day. To see Prevuze II: CLICK HERE


15 Comments:

Anonymous Berg said...

Ah even when Lucas is gone he is not far from Prevuze heart.

"I don't have feelings for him." Are we really back to this again???? ARGH!!!

4:01 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am wondering if Mia will be the young person who is to be killed by summer? The writers have made her character someone whom no one likes now.

Kate recently made the remark that the Woods might come after Will also. I think the Woods have a direct tie from the past with Kate and Stefano about a murder already though, which will be exposed in the summer.

Rafe is going to be put in jail soon in South America and that is where he runs into Shane Donovan who is in the ISA. Many fans will appreciate his return to DOOL.

Alice Horton's funeral will be sometime this June with several cast members returning for that special tribute.

4:36 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Can someone explain to me why Sydney is at the DiMansion? I thought Sami was never going to let her kids go there again; now she apparently took Sydney over when EJ isn't even there.

5:53 AM  
Anonymous Leslie said...

"Now we just have to track the attacker down and make him wish he had never been born."

"That would make two of us," says Sydney.

Sydney has been handed off more times than a football in a game that goes into overtime. If Sami is so worried about her children falling under the influence of their evil grandfather, why is she leaving them alone with Stefano? Oh that’s right. She’s busy having a love spat with Rafe.

The cop tells Hope EJ's ATM has been raided.

EJ was hit over the head and his wallet was stolen. If no one took the initiative to contact his bank and credit card companies, this should come as no surprise to anyone. Duh!

Nicole orders Arianna to turn the camera off.

EJ and Nicole’s marriage ended – I think they’re divorced – less than amicably. Since she’s broke, EJ even managed to avoid giving her a settlement so did Nicole really expect that EJ would be cooperative?

They both remind each other they're lucky they're not sharing a cell at Statesville.

Right on Prevuze!!!

Rafe urges her, "Think about your kids."

"That's all I can do," says Sami, "God knows I never see them."

LOL!!!!

EJ turns to Hope, "Nicole got a job with a TV station. And... I remember something."

Didn’t we just go through this exact scenario with Nicole struggling to place Anna the Sydnapper’s voice?

She backs off, "Maybe I should leave town — that's what everyone wants, right?"

I’ll sign that petition.

Hope thinks he was ambushed by someone shorter than he is. "A woman," asks EJ.

"Or Lucas."

ROTFLMAO!!! Good heavens! I didn’t see that one coming!!! Silly me!!! By the way, aren’t most people shorter than EJ?

If there’s going to be murder and mayhem in Salem's future, the likely victim is Mia. The actress and DOOL have parted company. Mia, we hardly knew ye because the writers kept changing your personality. Geez!

5:58 AM  
Blogger Applecheeks said...

"Well," says Sami, "The lady is sick of everyone butting into her life."

How odd, a truly adult bit of dialog. How did that sneak in there?

My HUH?! moment is something Leslie already mentioned:
Hope thinks he was ambushed by someone shorter than he is.

Now that took some fantastic detective work. Other than a few pro-NBA players EVERYBODY is shorter than EJ.

Re-hashed dialog, empty threats, the usual yada....sounds like a zap-worthy episode.

Bulldog earns another penalty flag (but kudos on the snark) and Hope's white board list was funny. Thank heavens for Prevuze!

6:33 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Why on earth does EJ still live with his dad?! If he just bought his own McMansion, Sami probably wouldn't have a problem moving in with him. You would think an adult rich guy would have bought his own house a long time ago. Same with Philip. The story is so contrived just because DOOL won't spring for a couple more sets.

6:35 AM  
Anonymous square said...

Excellent recap today, Prevuze, just excellent! I miss Lucas too, which is odd because I did not like him all that much when he was on. He was oddly consistent though--always clueless--and I miss that with the characters.

The obvious script recycling is out of control. Even my dog can see the upcoming EJ/Arianna/Sami triangle. Take scripts from 2008 only replace Nicole with Arianna, replace Lucas with Rafe, replace Johnny with Sydney, make Sami even more screamy and hysterical and make EJ meaner and dumber. Though I suppose it'll be Arianna who has Ej's baby this time...just in time to reunite with Rafe. Babies of questionable paternity for everyone! (You, too, Chloe!)

Speaking of Arianna. I didn't mind her until now... talk about unprofessional...threaten the on-air reporter for a "nice" interview (for the second interview in a row) and then refuse to turn a camera off when it gets needlessly ugly? Way to turn journalistic integrity on its head! Clap. clap.

And I've got to second Anonymous, Why DOES EJ live with his dad? Can't they at least have a "gatehouse" at the end of the DiMera property like they have for the Quartermaine's on GH?

7:07 AM  
Anonymous Betyar said...

I take offense to the comment "Sami flashes back to the kiss that was so terrific EJ has forgotten all about it"...come on Prev, the guy was knocked uncouscious and left for dead on a deserted pier in Salem. How's he supposed to remember a small little detail like that? I mean, the guy can't even figure out when a baby bump doesn't grow in direct proportion to it's rubber foam filler. Rafe is the only guy allowed to put 2 & 2 together, not EJ! God forbid the writers would loan EJ a working brain! Where would they get one from??? Not from the DOOL writing staff that's for sure...

7:41 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yesterday, the doctor with the unpronounceable name was Dr. Spaceman. Hope just pronounced it differently.

8:15 AM  
Anonymous Bulldog said...

The cop tells Hope EJ's ATM has been raided. And they know this how? Did EJ, who's forgotten everything else, immediately call in to check on his checking account balance? Or is this the first thing above all the SPD investigates when a guy is knocked out and robbed: "Leave him. We gotta go see if his savings has been wiped out!" Even if they did how'd they know where he banks, his PIN number, etc.?

I didn't know someone was going to be offed but I agree it's probably Mia since they've made her crazy as a loon lately.

LOL over Hope's shopping list, Lil Lucas and "I don't care if it is an elevator," says Nicole, "We're not having sex."

Thanks, Prevuze, for stepping up to the plate and turning lemons into lemonade. And remember - it's not the life in your Prevuze but Prevuze in your life. Or something to that effect. :P

8:34 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sami denies always denies as usual..it's getting old seriously..
And why didn't she have Sydney with her, even in her so meaningful discussions/angst with Rafe ?!..Stefano alone with Sydney..okkkkk Sami..why the writers do that to her. All the past year Nicole was always with Sydney..

8:38 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

stefano is so hsndsome! he looks like a great and giant cat.

10:30 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

He's got to be the most intimidating 82 year old I've ever seen.

12:25 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

is it just me or the set where hope pulls her gun on baker the same set where meredith tried to wall up rafe?

4:32 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

of course it is. For the same reason EJ and Philip can't buy houses. New sets cost too much.

9:11 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


Blogarama     Globe Of Blogs