Tuesday, March 09, 2010

Long-Term Time-Release Pain

EJ and Sami are talking at the hospital. EJ asks to spend the night with her as Rafe looks on.

Mia is at Maggie's talking on the phone with Chad, "I can't stop thinking about you. I have to talk to you." She hangs up when she hears a knock at the door. She answers and Will comes crashing in, grabs her and kisses her.

Brady takes a knee, "Arianna, will you marry me?"

"No."

Brady stammers, "You said no."

Arianna stammers back, "Yeah, I kinda did, didn't I?"

"So," asks Brady, "you won't marry me?"

"That's what no means," says Arianna. You always have to define the big words for Brady.

Maggie walks outside the Java Café and has one of her spells. She stumbles and flashes back to having another spell. "Don't overreact," she tells herself, "Get your meds and you'll be just fine." Nathan finds her and they go inside.

Chipper Stephanie walks into Melanie's room, "Hey, Melanie, how are you doing?"

Not so chipper Melanie answers, "How do you think...

BITCH!

Melanie apparently hasn't had her coffee yet today, "I know you didn't give Nathan that letter because you want him for yourself."

Rafe listens in on EJ's proposition and asks, "Someone care to tell me what the hell is going on here?"

Nathan asks why Maggie called. Maggie is noncommittal but says she can tell he's upset, "So let's talk about you first. What's the problem?"

"Melanie."

"A lot of people have that problem."

Melanie confronts Stephanie about the letter. Stephanie admits she didn't give it to Nathan. They bicker about who has done what in her checkered past. Stephanie says Melanie would thank her if she had a brain. If Melanie had a brain that would make one of them.

EJ says that didn't come out the way he intended, "I want to be with my children."

Rafe asks, "She's supposed to get that out of 'I'd like to spend the night with you?'"

"Of course not," says EJ, "We just wanted to jerk the audience around a bit." He turns and appeals to Sami, "I just need to know this nightmare is over." He turns back to Rafe, "And, yes, I'd also like to be with Samantha."

Arianna stammers. Brady helps her make excuses. His phone rings. He leaves to take it. Arianna's phone rings. It's a ring-a-ding-a-thon. Arianna picks up. Gabi tells her, "There is a beer leak here at the pub and I don't know what to do."

"It's very simple," says Arianna, "Find Roman, have him lie under the tap and open his mouth."

"Got it," says Gabi, "Tell Brady I said hi."

"Um... He's not here."

Gabi gasps, "Don't tell me you had a fight."

"no," says Arianna, "In fact, he asked me to marry him."

"And then he left," asks Gabi, "Why?"

"Because I said no."

Nathan tells Maggie medically Melanie is fine. Mags digs, "And how are you doing?"

"I don't know," whines Nathan, "When I saw her... knowing she almost died..."

"You're not over her."

"I don't think I am," he says.

Stephanie lectures Melanie, "I don't think you were torn between Phillip and Nathan. I think you loved every minute of it."

"Wow," says Melanie, "You must really hate me."

"It's easy to do," says Stephanie.

You know that sound your toilet plunger makes when you stick it to a tile wall and pull it off? That's what we hear as Mia and Will pull away from each other. "What was that," says Mia.

"It was me being the happiest I've ever been," says Will. He tells her about Sydney's return, "When I saw them bring her back, the first thing I thought of was telling you. I think that means you are the most important person in the world to me."

"What a coincidence," says Mia, "I'm the most important person in the world to me, too."

Sami wants to talk to Rafe alone. Rafe thinks this would be a good time for agent Clark to take EJ's statement, "There is just so much that happened we know nothing about."

EJ says, "We do know my daughter is alive and well, Mr. Hernandez. Unlike that time when you had all the information. You couldn't find her"

Sami steps in, "OK, EJ, I think we should all try to let that go." When Sami is the voice of reason you know you've hit the bottom of the barrel.

"I don't know if that's possible," says EJ.

Rafe chuckles as EJ walks off. Sami asks if Rafe is planning to come home with them tonight. "There is nothing in the world I would want more," says Rafe.

"I want that, too," whines Sami, "But EJ is hurting too. I think we have to include him. And... I just want to make sure that's OK with you."

Brady walks back into the room and we share a totally uncomfortable moment. Brady says he can't ignore what just happened, "I'm not good at hiding things like that."

"I'm not good at saying how I feel," says Arianna, "So I'm just going to show you." She moves in and plants a big one.

Maggie says she's decided to state the obvious, "Melanie is married. Pining for someone who loves someone else is a long-term time-release pain."

"Just like watching DOOL," says Nathan. He says he's not convinced Melanie loves Phillip, "Melanie wrote me a letter."

Stephanie reminds Melanie, "I'm talking to someone who was in a hotel room doing my fiancée."

Melanie reminds Stephanie, "You weren't together at the time."

"We were on a break," yells Stephanie, "If you had any class you would have told Phillip you can't marry him — not write Nathan a letter." If Melanie had any class, that would make one of them.

EJ weaves his tale for agent Clark. He talks about telling Sami Sydney was dead. Rafe wonders when he found out Sydney was alive. "A couple hours later," says EJ, "They called and said it was our last chance."

Rafe asks, "Didn't it make you wonder why they would lie?"

"I don't know," says EJ, "I suppose to make us feel vulnerable." Rafe says he thinks when they get the real answer to that question it will lead them to the perps.

We pan up from candles as Arianna and Brady munch around on each other. Brady moves back, "What was that?"

"It's pretty clear," says Arianna, "Just because I'm not ready to marry you doesn't mean I don't want to keep having gorilla sex."

Brady feels sorry for himself, "Or maybe it was my consolation prize."

Stephanie rants, "I think what bothers you is I'm no moron and I can see right through you." If Stephanie were no moron, that would make one of them. Stephanie continues her tirade, "You were thinking about someone else on your wedding day. How about if I make a copy of that letter, show it to Phillip and blow your marriage out of the water?"

"You are such a bitch." If Stephanie is a bitch, that makes two of them.

Maggie asks what the letter said. Nathan says he doesn't know because he didn't read it, "I think she is reaching out to me."

"I saw her marry Phillip," says Maggie, "She made her choice."

"I should have stopped that wedding when I had the chance," says Nathan.

EJ says he thinks Rafe doesn't get it, "His daughter is safe but all Rafe carries about is making an arrest. The hell is over Mr. Hernandez unless you prolong it, or unless the viewers leave their TV sets turned on."

Rafe asks, "And you don't care that this person could do the same thing to another family?"

EJ assures him, "That won't happen."

Rafe zeros in on that one, "How is it you have this insight about the kidnapper?" EJ doesn't answer. He walks away.

Sami tells Abe they had to keep things secret. Abe goes over to talk to agent Clark. Rafe comes up and tells Sami he knows it was hard for her to keep things inside. Sami asks if Rafe forgives her. "What matters," says the tower of strength, "is Sydney is safe."

Sami can't let it go, "I hated keeping things from you."

"That's all water under the bridge," says Mr. Magnanimous, "I'm not going to stop searching until I find the person responsible." EJ comes back carrying Sydney. Sami grabs and hugs. She grabs Sydney too.

Maggie asks, "YOU were gonna stop the wedding?"

"Chloe talked me out of it," says Nathan.

Maggie gasps, "Thank God! You have clearly thought a lot about Melanie, but have you thought about Phillip? Or Stephanie?"

Melanie says she could screw things up for Stephanie by telling Nathan that Stephanie kept the letter from him. Stephanie says if Nathan finds out he'll understand, "He made his choice. He chose me."

EJ tells Rafe he hopes he didn't give the impression he won't fully cooperate with the investigation. He shoos Abe and asks if Rafe would be comfortable with him spending the night. "If that's what Samantha wants," says Rafe. Sami walks up and EJ gives her the good news, then leaves.

Sami says, "I know this isn't how you pictured this evening turning out."

"It's great," drones Rafe, "One big happy family."

Lexie asks EJ, "You're spending the night? Rafe must be thrilled. So it's all about the kids? Not Sami?"

"Not a thing," says EJ. He kisses her forehead and walks off.

Lexie chuckles, "Oh, EJ, just keep telling yourself that."

Arianna tells Brady when she gets married she wants to be sure it will last forever, "I want to celebrate that 50 year mark. I know I love you enough to marry you but I'm sure I'm not grown up enough."

"You tick me off," says Brady, "Let me make one thing clear. I reserve the right to make future offers."

"I Hope you will," says Arianna. In the interim, however, they find a way to pass the time.

Nathan says he really likes Stephanie, but didn't know how Melanie felt. Maggie is never short of advice, "You need to do yourself and Melanie a favor and move on." Nathan gets a page. He's upset because he has to go and they just talked about him and not Maggie. She sends him packing.

Melanie is skeptical, "Ha! Nathan chose you. Stephanie, do you know how to spell rebound?"

"We've been together a while," insists Stephanie, "We kept it a secret."

"So," asks Melanie, "when Nathan came over the night before the wedding to tell me he wanted me it was to throw me off the trail."

"Spin it however you want," says Stephanie, "The fact is you are Mrs. Phillip Kiriakis. You want to hurt the guy who loves you? Maybe the world will find out what kind of person you really are."

"The world already knows."

Rafe and Sami are back at her place. There is a knock at the door and Sami tells him, "I Hope this isn't too horrible for you."

"It's weird."

Sami opens the door and lets EJ in as Rafe puts on his coat. Sami asks, "What are you doing?"

"I have to have your laptop examined."

"Now?"

"Yeah," says the G-Man, "I have to make up for lost time." He leaves.

Sami assures EJ she's OK, "It's just that everything is a big mess."

Will and Melanie stroll outside. He gives her a trinket, "It's a St. Christoper's medal. It's protects travelers."

Maggie gets back to her place and yells for Mia. No answer. She has yet another spell.

Nathan wanders at the pier and flashes back to kissing Melanie in Maggie's kitchen, "I have to talk to her."

Stephanie asks if Melanie wants to hurt Phillip. No answer. "Then I suggest you stay away from Nathan." Melanie's phone rings. Stephanie asks, "Is that Phillip calling?" Melanie nods. "Good," says Stephanie, "Ill let you talk to your husband." She leaves. Melanie takes the call.

EJ asks, "Rafe isn't taking this very well, is he?"

"And you don't think he has a leg to stand on."

"I think he's being a tad bit ego-centered, don't you," says EJ.

Sami explodes, "You know what? I'm not interested in your opinions. And I'd appreciate it if you wouldn't give him those snarky, snippy, obnoxious little things that annoy him."

EJ gives her a big smile.

Sami blows her stack, "I don't know why you think that's funny because it's not."

EJ chuckles, "That's wonderful. I didn't just get Sydney back, I got you back.".

"You're right," says Sami, "I am back. And don't you forget it." Darn tootin'.

Rafe tells agent Clark he wants to know everything about the video on Sami's computer, "One way or another they signed that piece of work." agent Clark asks if there is anything else. Rafe flashes back to EJ talking about the phone calls, "I also want to see all phone calls to and form the DiMeras for the past two days."

Will says, "I was hoping the medal could mean you and I are exclusive."

Mia is underwhelmed, "Oh."

Will the doofus interprets that as a lifetime commitment. He hugs her and sighs, "This night — The best." Mia rolls her eyes.

Maggie struggles to get up.

Stephanie wanders outside. She takes out her phone, "Nathan you have to hear this from me."

Back in her hospital room, Melanie wraps things up with Phillip, "OK I'll talk to you in the morning. You're right we're like an old married couple." She hangs up, "Stephanie's right. I can't hurt him."

Nathan peers through the blinds into Melanie's room. His phone rings. Stephanie tells him they need to talk. "You're right," says Nathan, "We do."

Agent Clark comes in with the EJ's phone records. Rafe studies, "Right before he called Sami the kidnapper must've called EJ." He studies more, "I'm closing in, sucker."

EJ walks back into the living room, "The kids are asleep..." He finds Sami asleep holding Sydney. He covers Sydney and kisses her forehead then settles back on the couch and stares.

NOTE – you can now follow Prevuze on twitter at: http://twitter.com/prevuze

Prevuze II has a video of the daily show previews, which should be available by noon (EST) on any given day. To see Prevuze II: CLICK HERE


18 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Rafe go away FOR GOOD ! You are not so funny..you bore me you bore me and yes you annoy me also and VERY MUCH.

Sami be single, stop groveling to a boring guy. If you have to end up together please do that in Switzerland like that he can bores you as you want but not the viewers.

Ej : i love you Elvis but your plan sucks, your motivations are dumb, your behaviour suspicious and anyway you will be busted (NOT BY RAFE please please please), the so called "villiain" is always discovered and he always loses at tne end ! It's an obvious soap opera rule.

Face-off Melanie/Stephanie : lame or not ?

Melanie/Nathan angst : BORING zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz...

Poor Maggie : she has to listen Nathan angst...what a torture.

Arianna is quite mature, i said quite..she is very insecure, perky and often annoying but she could be not so dumb i mean when you compare with the other female characters, i know it doesn't say much..lol

4:50 AM  
Anonymous Berg said...

I agree, this Rafe boy scout act is making me sick.

And EJ, why??? This half baked scheme is going to blow up in your face. And if Rafe exposes it - we may need to hand out some more barf bags and believe me we are running low.

Why is Agent RH so intent on solving this? To the point it is so distracting. Wouldn't he take the first few minutes to enjoy his girlfriend's child being home? Yeah - I would probably bitch about that too.

I for one, want Nicole back - Stat!

4:54 AM  
Anonymous Mike said...

Dear Prevuze,

Now I'll have the Boxtops running through my head all day. Thanks! :)

5:29 AM  
Anonymous Leslie said...

Not so chipper Melanie answers, "How do you think...

BITCH!

In this instance, Melanie’s direct approach works for me.

Stephanie says Melanie would thank her if she had a brain. If Melanie had a brain that would make one of them.

Isn’t that just the ugly truth?

"There is a beer leak here at the pub and I don't know what to do."

"It's very simple," says Arianna, "Find Roman, have him lie under the tap and open his mouth."

That’s an excellent solution but I would think there are other employees in the pub who could have solved Gabi’s leaking beer problem. Gabi's also a tiny bit underage. Where’s Pete when you need him?

"Wow," says Melanie, "You must really hate me."

"It's easy to do," says Stephanie.

This is the same woman who stood up for Melanie’s wedding and bought an expensive bride’s maid’s dress that she’ll never be able to wear again.

“Pining for someone who loves someone else is a long-term time-release pain."

"Just like watching DOOL," says Nathan.

Lucky us – the faithful has Prevuze to mitigate the suffering!!!

Sami asks if Rafe forgives her. "What matters," says the tower of strength, "is Sydney is safe."

Neck brace alert!!!!!! Didn’t Rafe get all over EJ about wanting to catch the kidnapper or is this just a ploy to soften up Sami for some gratitude romping?

"I have to have your laptop examined."

OMG! Rafe is going to find out that Prevuze is one of Sami’s favorites.

Rafe flashes back to EJ talking about the phone calls, "I also want to see all phone calls to and form the DiMeras for the past two days."

Earth to agent Ego - how do you plan to track EJ’s cell phone? What do you think? Could EJ have more than one? Duh!

Now I'll have the Boxtops running through my head all day.

For me, it’s going to be Joe Cocker!! Great job resurrecting a golden oldie Prevuze!!!!!!

6:00 AM  
Blogger Applecheeks said...

You know that sound your toilet plunger makes when you stick it to a tile wall and pull it off?

Uh, no, not first-hand. I can imagine. However, that leads me to wonder what Prevuze does for fun there at the Compound. LOL

Rafe asks, "And you don't care that this person could do the same thing to another family?" EJ assures him, "That won't happen."

EJ isn’t playing this part of the game very well. He should be throwing out all kinds of fake clues to send Rafe scurrying in the wrong direction. He should be ranting and raving, Dimera-style, about hunting down the fiends that took Sydney and MAKING THEM PAY! The authorities would be telling him to stay out of things rather than wondering why he’s taking this so calmly.

Rafe flashes back to EJ talking about the phone calls, "I also want to see all phone calls to and from the DiMeras for the past two days."

He’s been suspicious of EJ for months and he’s just NOW thinking about looking at his phone records? What a crack agent.

If the aliens are looking for intelligent life, they would be reading Prevuze. That would make thousands of us.

6:11 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Maybe Ej wants deep down to be busted, maybe he has some death wish..it could be a good storyline and explore his inner mind..ok scratch that this is Dool these fu...ing writers are not enough smart to make these type of character-driven storylines..

Will is really clueless, i thought maybe finally he was Austin's son, you know DNA...DOOL..SAMI BRADY..but now i am pretty sure he is Lucas's son ..can we say loser clueless, can we say cuckold..yes he is definitly Lucas Horton/Roberts offspring. Poor guy, it seems he will always be the 2nd choice..sad. Suck to be you Will !

7:09 AM  
Anonymous Maggie Mae said...

I love EJ. My feelings for Sami change day to day and Rafe, he's just taking up space.

EJ's plan is ridiculous, more proof that Tomlin is hoping to lure in the middle school crowd.

7:48 AM  
Anonymous Bulldog said...

Gabi's also a tiny bit underage. You bring up an excellent point, Leslie. These types of rules might vary from state to state but where I live you have to stand and wait on your poor aching feet in the grocery check-out line for someone over 21 to come over and swipe a customers alcohol container in front of the scanner - as if just doing that would contaminate the underaged checkout kiddie. And there Gabi is, working in a pub and probably serving up their finest drinks. HAHAHA

Arianna tells Brady when she gets married she wants to be sure it will last forever, "I want to celebrate that 50 year mark." At their ages they'd better get on with it then.

I'm also looking forward to Nicole's return. I hope she throws a monkey wrench into EJ's plans.

LOL over "Pining for someone who loves someone else is a long-term time-release pain." "Just like watching DOOL," says Nathan and the cute ET cartoon. But, Prevuze, I'm also going to have that song in my head all day. Why do you do this to us?

In spite of that, thanks for the cheer on a rainy/gloomy day! :D

8:26 AM  
Blogger Prevuze said...

Why do you do this to us?

I just love tormenting people... MWA-HA-HA-HA!

9:20 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

"It was me being the happiest I've ever been,"
Despite the fact you didn't know her from a hole in the wall.

Unlike that time when you had all the information. You couldn't find her"
Oh snap!

"There is nothing in the world I would want more," says Rafe.
"Except being the one who found that little brat."

"Melanie is married. Pining for someone who loves someone else...
What does one have to do with the other?

"We were on a break," yells Stephanie,
Oh Rachel and Ross, where are you now?

~Stephanie is pretty high and mighty for someone reads people's personal letters and throws them in the trash.

"He made his choice. He chose me."
No, you made that choice for him.

"So," asks Melanie, "when Nathan came over the night before the wedding to tell me he wanted me it was to throw me off the trail."
Ok, I admit. I lol'd.

Stephanie wanders outside. She takes out her phone, "Nathan you have to hear this from me."
"So I can spin it a pro-Stephanie way."

~I'm pretty tired of Rafe now. The man is exasperating and not the fun kind of exasperation like Bo and Hope... well maybe just Bo.

10:08 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Being on the west coast i never get to post until late, so i don't know if i'll get any feedback from this, but.....why such dislike from everyone on Rafe? I don't actually watch DOOL (thanks to Prevuze I don't have to), but from just reading Prevuze he seems to be a caring (albeit horny) boyfriend who wants to find the kidnapper, which to me makes perfect sense considering it is his job.

I totally agree with Applecheeks statement about EJ not going all Dimera-like (like Stefano yesterday) demanding someone's head on a platter. Maybe that scene is yet to come.

As for EJ, i am one of the few that just can't stand his pompous arrogance and would love to see him get what's coming to him.

12:40 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Rafe is a jackass. Oh wait! That doesn't help answer the question. Rafe is just very pushy. And nosy. Not inquisitive, but nosy. Wanting to find the kidnapper is fine, wanting everyone else to be as gung-ho about as you are is silly. Especially when the kidnapping is over and everything is relatively fine.

I was never and still not a fan of EJ and all his smugness.

Random Memory Moment - Chelsea climbing atop the telephone pole and falling, or being electrocuted, can't quite remember which. Where are the nice times like that?

2:29 PM  
Anonymous Bulldog said...

Anon -

I'm actually a closet Safe fan. I like Rafe. But I don't say it too often since I'm totally in the minority. HA

Just call me chicken!

3:13 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Rafe is written as the good guy who has good intentions so why not like him ? Some really dislike him because he is jerky, judgmental, controlling, arrogant, self-righteous and can't emote one bit (the actor is bad IMO) so he really annoys lot's of people whereas he has to be regarded as the perfect guy versus the evil bad guy Ej.
Ej/JS has some subtil acting (for a soap actor) IMO and his character is layered, complex (though it is Dool and Tomlin and right now the writing is really shitty for him) so people are interested by him and can somewhat understand him. Above all we want to be entertained EJ manage to do that Rafe fails to do that, he just annoys and bores some of us. Don't care who is good who is bad we just want interesting characters.

6:34 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

And the worse he has zero humor. To sum up he is boring and that it's the worse crime than Ej could never ever commit !

6:41 PM  
Anonymous Betyar said...

Well, anon if you're an EJ lover like me you can't be a Rafe lover also. I'm not a Rafe hater, but I enjoy EJ's character more than onyone else's on DOOL, and Ejami is the most captivating couple this show has to offer. I couldn't care less about the other DOOL couples, but when it comes to EJami, Rafe is the odd man out!

8:33 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh i could be a Rafe lover and a Ej lover at the same time. Hey i really liked Brandon and loved Lucas (sometimes, when he didn't badger and yell at Sami) but i just don't like Rafe because he is so full of himself, a real bore and the actor is bad. Simple as that !

1:38 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Stephanie is being a real b*tch, Goody two shoes turned monster. I personally like Rafe a whole lot more than EJ. I would prefer to see Melanie stay with Phillip.

10:29 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


Blogarama     Globe Of Blogs