Thursday, March 04, 2010

Love In The First Degree

Daniel and Carly are in the waiting area at the hospital. Carly asks if Bo was talking to Melanie. Daniel says, "No, he was grilling her." He blows his stack about Bo, Carly and life in general. Carly blows her stack back and we have a full-blown stack-blowing contest. She tells Daniel Bo wouldn't let her do what she wanted, "I was going to plead guilty."

"To what," asks Daniel, "Love in the first degree?"

"To shooting Melanie," says Carly, "Then Vivian would get her revenge and stay away from Melanie."

"I can see why Bo didn't want you to do that," says Daniel, "I understand those conjugal trailers in the prison yard really aren't that great. Motel rooms at medical conventions are a lot more comfortable."

"Stop it," shouts Carly, "I get it. You hate me and I'm a horrible mother. Wah-blah-bawl-blubber."

Justin finds hope sitting in the pub, "You look like you could be in that Edward hopper painting of the diner."

"I just dropped Ciara off for a sleepover," says Hope, "and I'm in no rush to share another glorious evening with Victor and Vivian."

"Vivian," repeats Justin, "You mean the woman who if she weren't so incompetent would be guilty of your murder right now."

Hope is morose, "I lost Bo, Justin. I lost Bo and I don't want it to be true."

Melanie incriminates Carly, "Case closed."

Tactful Bo asks, "Why are you lying?"

EJ is at the hideout. Anna asks if he's sure about all this. "Yes," says EJ, "This is the beginning of the end for Samantha."

Sami flashes back to getting the ransom note. Rafe interrupts and startles her, "What's going on?" Sami stares.

Justin asks if Hope is sure she lost Bo, "Did you look in all the bars?" What Hope is sure of is that Bo is banging Carly.

"Did you know that Bo is a man," asks Justin.

"It took me a few years, but I finally figured that out," says Hope.

"You and Ciara were gone," says Justin, "and the ultimate damsel in distress shows up at his door. The situation with them isn't necessarily permanent. Do you still love Bo?"

"Yeah," says Hope, "That doesn't necessarily mean I want him back, though."

Phillip gets on Bo for calling Melanie a liar. Bo insists Carly was just trying to protect Melanie. Melanie thinks Bo is just trying to protect his new girlfriend, "Carly shot me and now she will pay for it."

Anna says she thinks EJ is doing things wrong.

Sami claims nothing is up, "You just startled me, that's all." He says he's just worried about her, not mad.

EJ twiddles his phone.

Sami calms down and says she thought she could handle watching the Syd-vid, but she was wrong. Rafe thinks she's going through posttraumatic stress. Her phone rings and Sami rushes to answer it. EJ tells her the ransom note was a hoax, "Our baby is dead."

Justin sees a crack in the door and moves in to be Mr. Rebound. Hope can't believe it's been twenty-five years. "I'll bet Bo can't believe it either," says Justin, "It probably seems more like a hundred to him."

"Bo's not with Carly because he's on the rebound," says Hope, "He really loves her. He's loved many women. I only ever loved one man... at a time."

Daniel says he's angry but apologizes for the cheap shot. Things calm down as Carly tells him all she wants is for Melanie to be safe. Daniel tells her he talked to Vivian and threatened her, but he thinks Victor is backing her up. He does a complete 180°, "Maybe Bo is right. Maybe he should be talking to Melanie. She could be the one person who could nail Vivian." Half the audience runs out to see a chiropractor after being whipsawed like that.

Melanie points out that Bo is sleeping with Carly. Phillip tries to referee as they argue. Melanie gets to the crux of the matter, "It's not your brain that's trying to clear Dr. Manning."

Carly remarks about Daniel's about face. Daniel thinks Victor and Vivian are being smug and feels like he has to do something, "Nobody is going to hurt our daughter. As long as you stay away from firearms, that is."

"You've been a dad for a day and you're already great at it," says Carly.

"I've been a dad for twenty years and didn't know." A referee throws a flag and penalizes Dr. Dan for unsportsmanlike conduct.

"I'm sorry."

"Maybe instead of being sorry," says Daniel, "you could think a little more and shut your mouth a lot more." That does it. Daniel gets a game misconduct. "We share a kid but that doesn't mean I've forgotten the lies and secrets." Carly assures him she hasn't forgotten either.

Bo asks Phillip to leave. Phillip refuses, but Melanie tells him it's OK. He goes. Bo tells Melanie this isn't over, "As long as you are alive your life isn't in danger."

"It would be pretty hard for my life to be in danger if I were dead," says Melanie.

"If I were you, I'd be scared," says TopCop.

"And if I were you, I'd be clueless," says Melanie.

Justin strolls outside and finds Carly, "It seems to be my night for finding melancholy women." Justin says he's decided to take her case.

Hope finds Phillip in the waiting area. Phillip tells her Bo and Melanie have gone ten rounds already. Hope stops him and tells him Vivian is crazy and he should get off his high horse about Bo. This whole storyline is more reminiscent of a dead horse than a high horse.

Bo makes another pitch, "A crazy woman has targeted you. She's not going to let it go. So you get revenge on your mom and Vivian gets another shot at killing you." Daniel walks in as Bo tells her Melanie won't be able to watch Vivian 24-7.

"You could catch her later on SoapNet," says Melanie. She sees Daniel standing at the door, "Get Bo out of my room."

Sami wants to know what happened. EJ doesn't want to talk over the phone, "I'm so sorry." He hangs up.

Anna says, "You're not sorry. You're having the time of your life." EJ says he's not going to let her spoil his fun, "Finally, she pays for what she did to me. I'm taking my daughter and son and getting out of here."

"I think you have something else planned," says Anna.

"When Rafe finds out she lied to him about the ransom note," says EJ, "there will be trouble in paradise and she will be alone."

Rafe asks what just happened as Sami sits stunned. Allie runs in and Sami hugs her.

Rafe calls Will and tells him his mom is in bad shape. He arranges for the whole gang to meet at the pub.

Bo tells Melanie to think about what he said and tells Daniel he can't protect her forever, "She's angry. I get that. Someone has to get through to her." He leaves.

"That man gets on my nerves," snaps Melanie, "He was asking me to lie to save his precious girlfriend. Carly shot me."

Daniel says, "She said she was aiming at Vivian and you stepped in to protect her."

"Carly lies all the time," argues Melanie, "Who's side are you on?"

"Yours," says Daddy, "I'm always on your side."

Carly wonders what's in it for Justin.

Hope says Melanie telling the truth is the only way to end this. Bo walks up and tells Phillip he's a fool.

Will and Rafe meet outside the pub. Sami waits inside, but Rafe wants to talk to Will before he goes in. He tells Will about the call that made Sami fall apart. He asks Will to steer away from saying there is any hope about Sydney.

"You think it's better for her if we just act like it's over," asks Will.

"No," says Rafe, "I don't know what to think. Thinking isn't my strong suit. You go in and I'll join you later." Will heads into the pub. Rafe stares and sighs as he watches through the window. He makes a call.

Anna says she thinks EJ is being cruel. EJ's phone rings. Rafe asks, "What the hell did you just say to Sami?"

EJ tells him he's busy and hangs up, "Jerk."

Justin thinks Carly is being cynical. "'What's in it for me,' you ask... Justice. A heavy fee..."

Carly goes for the jugular, "If I go to prison Bo and Hope may reconcile. If I am free, Hope may run to your waiting arms. Of course, then I could run to Bo's waiting arms. Drat the bad luck."

Phillip says he's just doing what he thinks is best for Melanie. He leaves. Hope figures Melanie hasn't forgotten about Bo's relationship with Carly. Bo thinks Hope is implying something. If Bo were any sharper he'd be a marble. "Let's just hope you haven't blown this whole thing sky high," says Hope.

Melanie apologizes for being upset with Daniel. He insists he's on her side, "There is something you should know... about Carly... and me... and sleazy one-night-stands."

EJ shows Anna the suitcase with 5 million in it. He gives her the money and Anna changes her tune.

Sami asks why Rafe called EJ.

NOTE: At this point the satellite transmission experienced several minutes of technical difficulties.

Sami softens and walks away.

Justin thinks Carly is on slippery ground judging his relationship with Hope. "So, say it's true... Say I am representing you because I want Hope to be free."

"I never knew she charged for it in the first place," says Carly.

"If my purpose is to get Hope away from Bo," asks Justin, "doesn't that at least guarantee I'll go the extra mile?"

"So, you're admitting I'm right."

"Lawyers never admit anything," says Justin, "But we still charge for everything we say."

Hope suggests Bo not push Melanie too hard. Bo asks, "You're not suggesting I went off half cocked, are you?"

"I'm suggesting you went off half witted," says Hope, "I'm also suggesting our marriage problems shouldn't interfere with our work." We were good partners, weren't we?"

"Just like George and Gracie."

Hope asks, "What if we had someone interview Melanie who isn't clearly lobbying for Carly?"

Bo asks, "You'd take over for me?"

"I thought you would never ask."

Daniel says, "Carly and I have something in common."

Melanie asks, "You like to shoot people on their wedding day, too?"

"No," says Daniel, "That's what Carly has in common with Lucas. There is more to this story you need to know."

Anna comes out with Sydney all dressed and ready to go. She tells EJ he still could make things right, "You are about to rip the heart out of the woman that – whether you want to admit it or not – you are in love with." EJ denies. "You just keep telling yourself that, EJ." He leaves. Anna stares and huffs.

Back at the pub, Rafe, Sami, Will and Allie sit together. Rafe apologizes for coming on too strong. Sami does what Sami does best. She broods.

Melanie says she knows what Daniel is going to say, "It's all Vivian's fault."

"That's not it," says Daniel, "I'm trying to... explain to you why I care so much about you. You see... Carly and I have known each other for a very long time. I think what she did... she did it for you. I understand how she feels about you because I feel the same way. I just found out. Carly told me... I'm your father."

Rafe tells Sami, "If there was any way I could bring Sydney back I would."

Sami whines and pines, "I don't know how I can go on without her."

We hear a voice in the background, "You don't have to." Everyone turns and sees it's EJ...

AND SYDNEY!


NOTE – you can now follow Prevuze on twitter at: http://twitter.com/prevuze

Prevuze II has a video of the daily show previews, which should be available by noon (EST) on any given day. To see Prevuze II: CLICK HERE


16 Comments:

Anonymous Berg said...

Poor Roman sexting himself.

Finally the Sydnapping is over. Okay - not the subsequent fall out that the writers will milk for all it's worth but it's over!! EJ finally did the right thing - okay after he kidnapped his own daughter which was merely revenge for Sami making him suffer by keeping what she thought was his kid, Grace, away from him and lying to everyone. Phew. That's a mouthful.

And now Rafe will nauseate us all and try to find out what really happened. Rafe, there hasn't been a Salem ex-FBI reinstated FBI agent that has yet to buy a clue. Jsut sayin....

4:59 AM  
Blogger Prevuze said...

the subsequent fall out

Heck, I don't think on this show that we're over the subsequent fallout from the fact that young Julie Olson came home drunk one night and sassed Addie.

5:25 AM  
Anonymous Leslie said...

"I understand those conjugal trailers in the prison yard really aren't that great. Motel rooms at medical conventions are a lot more comfortable."

You think? Dr. McSmarmy is really one self-righteous quasi surfer dude.

"You look like you could be in that Edward hopper painting of the diner."

Justin must be mistaken. I think he meant to say Hieronymus Bosch instead of Edward Hopper.

Rafe interrupts and startles her, "What's going on?"

Rafe was born much too late. He would have been a big hit during the Spanish Inquisition.

"Did you know that Bo is a man," asks Justin.

"It took me a few years, but I finally figured that out," says Hope.

That’s because Hope has a special place for Bo to store his testicles before he can enter the house.

Half the audience runs out to see a chiropractor after being whipsawed like that.

When watching DOOL, beer, popcorn, and neck braces are always recommended.

"If I were you, I'd be scared," says TopCop.

"And if I were you, I'd be clueless," says Melanie.

LOL!!!!!

He arranges for the whole gang to meet at the pub.

What - so Sami can have a complete break down in public? That makes a lot of sense.

We were good partners, weren't we?"

"Just like George and Gracie."

I was thinking more along the lines of Ren and Stimpy.

Melanie asks, "You like to shoot people on their wedding day, too?"

"No," says Daniel, "That's what Carly has in common with Lucas.

Very good Prevuze!! Melanie knows that Vivian tried to smother her but it’s more important to her to get back at the mother who was clearly trying to protect her. Coherent thoughts are not Melanie’s strength.

Everyone turns and sees it's EJ...

AND SYDNEY!


Hallelujah it’s OVER! Sort of. Rafe is going to be really ticked that he didn’t hand Sydney over to Sami. I think the producers/writers need to bring back Marlena because Rafe will be in desperate need of therapy to get over his hero complex. If the therapy includes shock treatment, that could be pretty entertaining!

5:55 AM  
Anonymous I Challenge You To A DOOL said...

Rafe was born much too late. He would have been a big hit during the Spanish Inquisition.

BHA HA HA HA HA! Still vying to be the new Spittake Champion, I see! Watch out, Prevuze...

6:30 AM  
Blogger Applecheeks said...

Justin asks if Hope is sure she lost Bo, "Did you look in all the bars?"

Or, try the donut shops.

EJ's phone rings. Rafe asks, "What the hell did you just say to Sami?" EJ tells him he's busy and hangs up, "Jerk."

The audience sits in stunned silence for a moment and then breaks into spontaneous cheers that a character actually reacted to an unwanted call/question like a normal person would.

I had to scratch my head over Justin acting as Carly's trial lawyer. I mean, he's cute as heck and has the greatest dimples, but he's spent the last few decades as some sort of corporate lawyer. What experience has he had in criminal defense?? Is he jockeying to take over Mickey's position as the losingest lawyer in Salem?

If Bo were any sharper he'd be a marble.

'Cause that's how he rolls. Bwaahaahahahaha

"That's what Carly has in common with Lucas. “ Dan & Prevuze gets points for his history.

7:25 AM  
Blogger Prevuze said...

We were good partners, weren't we?"

"Just like George and Gracie."

I was thinking more along the lines of Ren and Stimpy.


The Prevuze blog would wishes to offer its sincere apology to George, Gracie, Ren and Stimpy for insulting them in this comparison.

7:27 AM  
Blogger Prevuze said...

Rafe was born much too late. He would have been a big hit during the Spanish Inquisition.

BHA HA HA HA HA! Still vying to be the new Spittake Champion, I see! Watch out, Prevuze...


But as the hot male Latin lover on DOOL, Rafe would have one big drawback participating in the Spanish Inquisition... they had to speak Spanish.

Suddenly Prevuze flashes back to when Sami and Rafe met in the safehouse. Sami, in order to make him feel at home introduces herself in Spanish, "Yo me llamo Samantha."

"No," says Rafe, "My momma Mrs. Hernandez."

7:36 AM  
Blogger Prevuze said...

If Bo were any sharper he'd be a marble.

'Cause that's how he rolls. Bwaahaahahahaha


Well, speaking of spit-takes...

7:39 AM  
Anonymous Bulldog said...

NOTE: At this point the satellite transmission experienced several minutes of technical difficulties. And in the length of time the signal messed up how many times did EJ change his mind about what his plan was? Talk about whiplash! It's almost like there are two teams of writers - one team writing about EJ taking the kids and running and the other team wanting Sami to dump Rafe and run to new hero EJ. I need a neckbrace!

Loved "I'll bet Bo can't believe it either," says Justin, "It probably seems more like a hundred to him." (Well it definitely does to us), Bo going off half-witted and poor ol' Pard.

Great recap today and have a nice almost-Friday everyone.

9:01 AM  
Anonymous Maggie Mae said...

All my anger with Ej disappated with one quick hanging up of the phone. Everyone's life is not Mr. Hernandez's business. Maybe they should introduce him to Maggie.

Another shout out to Dr. Dan. don't let the wench off so easily about handing your daughter off to a crazy man.

Love reading that Melanie reminds Bo that he's thinking with the head below the waist and not above it.

I think tomorrow might be one of the greatest DAYs in a year and a half!!

10:26 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Melanie is finally annoying me.(Yes, it took this long.) I'm at the point where I'm wishing Carly was a good mother and chose to keep her and raise her with Lawrence.

And who is going to believe Carly shot her on purpose?!?

This whole thing is annoying and I wish Carly would just abandon Melanie and let her live in bliss with her new Graeco-Mafia family.

"I just dropped Ciara off for a sleepover,"
Always dropping 'em off, rarely picking 'em up.

He's loved many women.
There's Billie, Carly and Hope. Three? I'm a relatively new viewer so maybe I'm missing the 7 or 8 more that would constitute 'many.'

"you could think a little more and shut your mouth a lot more."
Oh, he's a such a charmer.

So you get revenge on your mom and Vivian gets another shot at killing you."
Some people can only think in short term goals.

"Yours," says Daddy, "I'm always on your side."
Wow, that is such a creepy response. So far, how well does Melanie know him? As her boss for a brief period of time? I wouldn't even know how to respond.

"Lawyers never admit anything,"
I've always perceived such a habit to be an indirect admission of guilt.

We hear a voice in the background, "You don't have to." Everyone turns and sees it's EJ...

AND SYDNEY!

Huzzah! Eat it Rafe! You nosy bastard.

~Melanie has somehow acquired two fathers, two mothers, a husband and a brother... no wait, two brothers. Perhaps now she can shut the hell up about her awful, lonely childhood.

You don't see Ej complaining about his nonexistent childhood. Why?

Because he's busy kidnapping his kids and faking their deaths.

11:50 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

And who is going to believe Carly shot her on purpose?!?

Nathan screams at Carly, "Your own daughter and you tried to kill her! What the hell is the matter with you?"

Ah, Prevuze 2 gives an answer to my woefully stupid question. I forgot it was Salem.

11:57 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Could that final scene be more of the much-used technique of someone's fantasy thinking?
I'll believe it when I see the next program (or read it here on Prevuze.)
Amber

12:39 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm with Amber, I don't believe for one second that EJ brought Syd back. This is some kind of DOOL bait and switch or something.

1:48 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey i would like a storyline about his chilhood for Ej, no more babies stories for him please (and no more for Sami too, a business storyline for her please plllleeeeeeaaaaaaasssseeee writers please please please) and i would also like a gay storyline for Will as Sami as a supporting character like that the viewers who are sick of her hey i know they are many, (she is constantly bashing on Daytime Royalty) so they will be happy !!!!

4:04 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I was wondering if the scenario with EJ bringing the baby back is a dream, but no, we will still be dragged through all of this. I think most of us would prefer Sydney hurry up and grow up. I would love Anna to spill the beans on EJ. All of this is dragging on and on. Melanie is taking a long time in the hospital.

4:34 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


Blogarama     Globe Of Blogs