Friday, March 05, 2010

Emotional, Awkward And Great

Rafe, Sami, Will and Allie are at a table at the pub. Sami drones, "I thought I had accepted the fact that Sydney was gone, but I guess I hadn't. I don't know how I can go on without her."

A voice says, "You don't have to Samantha." Everyone turns to see EJ standing at the door holding Sydney.

Stephanie is outside the pub. She flashes back to the letter incident, "No regrets." No brains, either.

Nathan rushes up to Carly at the dock and practically tackles her, "Your own daughter and you almost kill her! What the hell is the matter with you?"

Chloe finds Phillip at the Java Café. They talk about Melanie. Phillip says he got kicked out because Daniel wanted to examine her. Chloe says, "What Daniel is now talking to Melanie about isn't a medical issue."

Daniel is with Melanie in her hospital room. Melanie is stunned, "You're my father? You can't be. That's impossible..."

"It's quite possible if you're too stupid to use protection," says Daniel.

Melanie stutters, "OK... get out."

EJ says, "I found her." Sami collapses into a heap of happy tears. She takes Sydney from EJ as Rafe and Will look on like cheap extras.

Melanie blathers and tells Daniel to get out. He starts to go and she changes what little there is of her mind, "How long have you known?"

"Since last night."

"So that's why you were so weird to me this morning."

"Seeing you in a new way has affected me," says Daniel, "I wanted to do this without hurting you more than I know you've been hurt."

The pub party continues. Roman and Caroline walk in and join the shindig. Oh the joy! Sami looks over and sees Rafe standing there like Mr. Bumponalog. She looks at Sydney, "Hey you have to say hi to... uh..." She turns to Rafe, "What was your name again?"

Rafe is uncomfortable, "I was just about to come over and say hi." He turns to EJ, "Where did you find her?"

"This isn't the right time or place to talk about that," says EJ.

"Yes it is," says Mr. G-Man, "Everyone has a right to know what happened."

Roman agrees. EJ says, "I was instructed to pick Sydney up in the forest preserve close to where I made the ransom drop."

Rafe gets it, "So you were contacted again. And you didn't tell the FBI."

EJ says, "I felt no compulsion at all to contact the FBI, which in your case stand for Fumbling Bumbling Incompetents."

"So you acted alone... by yourself," asks Rafe.

"Yes," says EJ, "When you act alone you usually do it by yourself."

Phillip pumps Chloe. Figuratively, of course. Chloe spills the beans, "Melanie is Daniel's daughter."

"Whoa," says Phillip, "I knew Daniel and Carly were just friends, but I guess that went further."

"Much further," says Chloe, "I wanted children, but little did I know Daniel already is a father." Phillip gets up, walks to her side of the table and gives a hug.

Daniel walks to the door and turns, "Before I go..."

"I don't want you to go," whines Melanie, "You didn't tell me because you didn't know. I can't be mad at someone for not knowing. Can you explain what happened?"

Daniel 'splains the birds and the bees to Melanie. Then he tells her about hooking up with Carly, "Carly and I... met at a medical convention. We were lonely. It was just one night."

"You were never together again," asks Melanie.

"No," says Daniel, "We agreed it was a mistake. I never suspected I had a child."

"So it was..."

"You're right," says Daniel, "About as sleazy as it gets."

Melanie continues her whinefest, "Dr. Jonas... you always defend Carly, but now that you know everything she has done, do you hate her as much as I do?"

Carly gets defensive with Nathan, "This is none of your damn business. This happened on Melanie's wedding day. If you care so much, where have you been?"

"I acted alone," says EJ. Stephanie walks in and the joy continues.

Roman pipes in, "You should take Sydney to the hospital just to make sure she's OK. You should have her examined and dusted for fingerprints."

Macho Rafeo asks again where EJ found her.

"You want me to draw you a map," snorts EJ.

"No," says Rafe, "You can take me there. A map is too complicated for me."

Sami wants to celebrate instead of have all this bickering. Rafe agrees, "But I'm not gonna stop until I figure out who did this and why."

Nathan says he was out of touch. Carly asks about messages. Nathan says he ignored them because he was away and didn't want to think about work. He says he wishes he would have checked his messages, but that's history now. Carly softens and says she shouldn't judge him. Nathan says he's sorry to.

The pair stops singing Kum Ba Yah long enough for Carly to say, "Melanie will need you now to help recover."

"I'm not so sure she'll want that," says Nathan.

Daniel says he's still processing all this just like Melanie is. "Carly deprived us of each other," says Melanie.

"I'll thank her for that later," says Daniel, "Right now, we just have to move forward. I want to get to know you, to (say it with him) be there for you..."

"All this was thrown on you," says Melanie, "You have a daughter. Did you want to have a daughter before?"

"Yes," says Daniel, "But a human one. Rebecca and I were going to start a family but she got sick. Now I have a family and I'm the one who's sick."

Melanie asks, "You and Chloe... are you going to start a family?"

"I just want to get to know the daughter I have," says Daniel, "Will you let me do that?"

Rafe says they have to act quickly if they're going to catch the ne'er-do-wells. Roman says he will go with Rafe and Sami and EJ can take Sydney to the hospital. Will, Allie, Caroline and Stephanie leave. Sami is sooooo grateful to EJ.

Dr. Dan begs, "Just give me a chance."

Melanie says she respects him, "I realize you don't automatically start loving someone just because you find out they're your daughter."

"Especially if that daughter is you," says Daniel, "But I feel a connection with you."

"Me too."

"That's a place to start."

Carly asks, "Why wouldn't Melanie want you to (say it with her) be there for her?"

"She has her reasons," says Nathan. He leaves. Chloe walks up.

Roman, Rafe and the boys search the Black Forest for clues. Roman and Rafe, never having had one before aren't sure what a clue would look like.

Sami and EJ arrive at the DiMera mansion. Sami wonders if they're doing the right thing not going right to the hospital. EJ calls Johnny as Sami passes Sydney to him. Sydney grabs for EJ as they make the transfer, "Da-da!"

"OMG," gasps Sami, "She just said 'Da-da!' She's never said that before and she's been gone so long... that's strange."

EJ sloughs it off, "It's not a big deal... really."

Stephanie and Caroline talk about the relief Sami must be feeling, "I was on my way over to tell you about Nathan and me but Sydney upstaged me. I made a big mistake... I did something and I'm not so sure it won't be misunderstood."

Phillip wonders what Dr. Daniel is doing in Melanie's room that is taking so long. Maxine says she doesn't know. "I'll give him two minutes," says Phillip. Nathan watches.

Melanie rambles about Trent and parents in general, "I never saw a way I resembled Trent. But I definitely have your five o'clock shadow." Phillip comes in. Daniel leaves.

Melanie drones, "He's my father."

"I know."

Melanie wonders how it could have been, "Imagine... instead of Trent raising me I could have had him, but Carly gave me away. How could she do that to me?"

"Giving you away would be very easy," says Phillip.

Carly asks Chloe if she knows how Melanie reacted to the big news, or if Daniel even told her. Chloe gets on the lecture train, "No matter what the circumstance, I would never give up a baby until my scars healed."

Roman is on the phone. Apparently he has found out EJ and Sami never took Sydney to the hospital, "Do you know where they are?"

Johnny rushes in and we have another big reunion. EJ beams, "It's Sydney!"

"Who the hell is Sydney," asks Johnny.

"You have a little sister," says EJ.

"Oh, boy," says Johnny, "This means there will be more kids to play with at the babysitter."

EJ assures Johnny, "We will make up for lost time. On the other hand, the people watching this episode have an hour of their lives they can never get back."

Daniel interrupts Chloe and Carly. Carly asks, "Did you talk to her?"

"Yes."

"And..."

Daniel spews, "Do you think I would share it with you?" Carly hangs her head in shame and skulks off.

"What about me," says Chloe, "You seem to have forgotten, it's all about me."

Daniel stammers, "It was emotional, awkward and great." He Daniel wonders how Chloe is doing. Chloe says fine, but Daniel tries to talk her out of that.

Stephanie tells Caroline Melanie asked her to give Nathan a message but she didn't. Caroline asks, "Do Nathan and Melanie still not know?"

"Not yet," says Stephanie, "I'm still reluctant to tell them. Melanie just found out Nathan and I are dating and she's not happy about it at all."

Understanding Phillip listens as Melanie rants about not knowing her father, hating Carly and not having a real family. "But we are a family," says Phillip.

"Yeah," scoffs Melanie, "How much fun have we had so far? You must be so excited you married me."

"I am."

Melanie snorts, "Yeahright." He kisses her. Melanie asks, "No regrets?"

"None at all," says Phillip, "How about you?"

"Only that if I had it to do all over again," says Melanie, "I'd have her use a silver gun with a pearl handle. I think it would go better with the wedding décor."

EJ and Sami send Johnny packing. Their joy at being together as a family with their kids is exceeded only by that joy you feel in the dentists office waiting for root canal. EJ thinks Sami, Sydney, Allie and Will ought to stay there for a while so they can reestablish a family.

The doorbell interrupts. EJ answers to find steamin' stewin' Rafe. He comes in and rants about them not going to the hospital, "I'm getting the feeling you don't give a damn, EJ."

"Frankly, my dear," says EJ, "I don't give a damn."

Stephanie says, "Melanie is upset because I am dating Nathan." Will comes back and announces Allie is asleep. Stephanie decides to find Nathan and tell him the good news about Sydney.

Maxine tells Nathan Daniel left and he can go see Melanie. Nattering nabob of negativism Nathan refuses.

Melanie whines, "I don't have any regrets. I love you. I'm just looking forward to our future. The one that will fall apart as soon as we move in together."

Phillip says he's been looking for houses, "One of them even has an indoor pool and built in Internet cameras in the bedroom. I left the info in the car. I'll be back." He rushes out past Maxine. Maxine and Melanie share small talk as if they're old buddies, but Melanie's phone interrupts. Maxine leaves. Melanie answers, "Maggie?"

"It's Carly."

"Grrrrrr.... We have nothing to talk about."

"We do," says Carly, "Daniel didn't tell me how it went."

"It's none of your business."

"I know you hate me," says Carly, "but don't hate Daniel. He is the kind of person who will always (say it with her) be there for you. You need that."

"Don't tell me what I need."

"You need love," says Carly, "We all do."

"What we need," says Melanie, "Is dialog that isn't so lame."

Sami referees as Rafe and EJ bicker. Rafe gets a call and leaves to take it. EJ tells her Rafe will ask a lot of questions about the ransom, "Don't worry, I'll cover for you."

"It's not going to work," insists Sami.

"Yes it will," he assures her, "I can make sure Rafe never knows you were involved. He doesn't need to know." They both turn to see...

RAFE!

Chloe insists she's fine, "This is about you now. You've always been (say it with her) there for me and now it's my turn. You will be a wonderful father." Hugs n gropes.

Melanie erupts, "I may need love but not from you – and soon you'll be in jail."

"Love doesn't disappear just because you can't see someone," says Carly.

"Where did you get that," says Melanie, "off of a Hallmark card?"

"Yes. Right after Hallmark paid us for the product placement," says Carly, "You are my daughter I will never stop loving you." Melanie has a hissy fit.

Stephanie finds Phillip at the hospital and tells him they found Sydney, "I was looking for Nathan but can't find him."

Someone places a hand on Melanie's shoulder. Melanie, of course thinks it's Daddy Dan, but turns to find Nathan, "You!"

Sami realizes she's busted. She stammers, "Rafe... I... I..."

"You knew," says Rafe, "You knew about the ransom note and you didn't tell me."

At this point, it's probably a good thing Rafe is incapable of emotion or Sami would be dead.

NOTE – you can now follow Prevuze on twitter at: http://twitter.com/prevuze

Prevuze II has a video of the daily show previews, which should be available by noon (EST) on any given day. To see Prevuze II: CLICK HERE


21 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Does Rafe care more about Sydney or does he care more about solving the case? It appears to me that Rafe is all about the JOB! WTG Rafe you look like a total JERK!

4:48 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ok so the rooting/hero guy looks like an obnoxious jerk euh writers..what is the deal ?!
Rafe is worse than Lucas was when he was written as "i am the MAN stay away from MY WIFE Ej" remember remember..but at least Dattilo had some kind of charisma..and could play witty bicker with Scott..i guess the ratings are up so TPTB don't give a damn..sigh.

5:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I get it Rafe you professional feelings just got hurt. You weren't the one to bring Sydney back so you are going to huff and puff and get all jerkish. I suppose you are going to get angry with Sami for not clueing you in. I suppose you are going to leave her yet again. Rafe you are insignificant! Completely INSIGNIFICANT!

5:08 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

"Does Rafe care more about Sydney or does he care more about solving the case?"

He cares more about getting sami in bed.

My word verification was "butfull" as in Ive had a butfull of Rafe.

5:49 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Stephanie is outside the pub. She flashes back to the letter incident, "No regrets."
Ah, things to come back and bite you in the ass.

"I wanted to do this without hurting you more than I know you've been hurt."
Wow. These feelings just come out of nowhere. He barely knows her.

"This isn't the right time or place to talk about that," says EJ.
I actually agree with Ej. They should be going to the police station to take reports or statements or whatever it is police do.

Phillip pumps Chloe. Figuratively, of course.
Delightful, Prevuze.

Chloe spills the beans, "Melanie is Daniel's daughter."
Damn, you think she would have waited until she confirmed Daniel told Melanie instead of blabbing to the first person she saw.

but now that you know everything she has done, do you hate her as much as I do?"
An irrational hate based on someone lacking clairvoyance.

Carly gets defensive with Nathan, "This is none of your damn business.
Finally! People need to start using this line more.

says Daniel, "But I feel a connection with you."
What!? Since when? This ridiculous insta-bonding in nothing more than a plot device to distance Carly from Dan and Melanie. (A secret blessing.)

"OMG," gasps Sami, "She just said 'Da-da!' She's never said that before and she's been gone so long... that's strange."
Outside of the kidnapping, Ej has always been Sydney's father and spent time with her, so what the heck is so strange. Stupid plot device.

I did something and I'm not so sure it won't be misunderstood."
What's to misunderstand? She was supposed to hand deliver something and decided to tear it up instead for her own personal happiness. That's pretty much it. There is nothing to misunderstand.

"No matter what the circumstance,I would never give up a baby until my scars healed."
Ugh. Self-righteousness up the wazoo. I wish Carly would ignore her.

~Rafe is such a blithering, obnoxious oaf. Telling people what to do and where to take their children and getting upset when the don't listen to him.

"You knew," says Rafe, "You knew about the ransom note and you didn't tell me."
Yes! And look how it turned out!

This episode looks pretty frustrating. I'm going to have to skip it.

Have a nice weekend, folks.

6:03 AM  
Anonymous Leslie said...

"You're my father? You can't be. That's impossible..."

"It's quite possible if you're too stupid to use protection," says Daniel.

I be a thinkin’ the last part of Daniel's statement should be italicized. The DOOL writing team is probably planning another unprotected sex/whoopsy pregnancy storyline for this summer so they can't have a character spouting truisms.

EJ says, "I felt no compulsion at all to contact the FBI, which in your case stand for Fumbling Bumbling Incompetents."

Rafe has J. Edger Hoover twisting in his grave.

"So it was..."

"You're right," says Daniel, "About as sleazy as it gets."

Only a sex video that ends up on the Internet can up the sleaze factor.

"Carly deprived us of each other," says Melanie.

"I'll thank her for that later," says Daniel.

Right on Prevuze!!!

Carly asks, "Why wouldn't Melanie want you to (say it with her) be there for her?"

"She has her reasons," says Nathan.

The first reason is that Melanie is married to Phillip. Why is Carly even having this conversation with Nathan? If she’s so concerned about her daughter, Carly should be finding Phillip so he can hot foot it over to the hospital to be with his wife.

Roman and Rafe, never having had one before aren't sure what a clue would look like.

LOL!!!!!!

At this point, it's probably a good thing Rafe is incapable of emotion or Sami would be dead.

A “cheap extra” – that’s a very accurate description Prevuze. Rafe’s mantra is “it ain’t over until I say it’s over”. Rafe can’t find joy in Sydney’s miraculous reappearance because when it’s not all about Rafe, he can’t handle it. If Rafe is so upset about Sydney not going to the hospital, he should have gone postal on neurotic Sami and not EJ. Mothers are the nurturers and tend to be the ones running their kids to hospitals.

Great recap Prevuze!!! TGIF and TGFP!!!!

6:12 AM  
Blogger Prevuze said...

"You're my father? You can't be. That's impossible..."

"It's quite possible if you're too stupid to use protection," says Daniel.

I be a thinkin’ the last part of Daniel's statement should be italicized. The DOOL writing team is probably planning another unprotected sex/whoopsy pregnancy storyline for this summer so they can't have a character spouting truisms.


You're right. I've made the change, but every time this happens I get to reminiscing about the good old days when Prevuze had no italics. People just didn't get it. But I always vowed I'd do one without italics just for old times sake. So last April 1 - April Fools - I tried it. It just didn't work. After I was done I had to go back and edit and put in all the italics. Still, someday...

* * *

EJ says, "I felt no compulsion at all to contact the FBI, which in your case stand for Fumbling Bumbling Incompetents."

Rafe has J. Edger Hoover twisting in his grave.


This pretty much leaves the door open for a Gay Edgar Hoover smartass remark, but that would be politically incorrect. Of course... when has that ever stopped me?

* * *

Rafe’s mantra is “it ain’t over until I say it’s over”.

At least that's a step up from his former mantra, "It is what it is."

6:49 AM  
Blogger Applecheeks said...

Sydney looks (I'm assuming) clean, well cared for and has no injuries. She's happy. She isn't lethargic, undernourished or dehydrated. Why would you have to rush her to the hospital?

My spit-take moment: Roman, Rafe and the boys search the Black Forest for clues. Roman and Rafe, never having had one before aren't sure what a clue would look like.

"What we need," says Melanie, "Is dialog that isn't so lame."

Wow! Exactly what I’ve been thinking about the non-Prevuze portion of this episode. I can’t even muster up anything to comment on that hasn’t been said before about any of the current storylines. Especially the idiotic Stephanie/Nathan/Melanie/Philip stuff.

If anyone should be having ambivalent feelings about their partner(s) it should be Stephanie & Philip. They at least were engaged at one point (even though that was practically an overnight relationship as well). Melanie & Nathan?? They had, like, two dates and now they are soul mates separated by stupidity??

Hmmmm, I guess I could muster up some rant. HA

TGIP ‘cause this episode is SO zap-worthy

6:56 AM  
Anonymous Leslie said...

Sydney looks (I'm assuming) clean, well cared for and has no injuries. She's happy. She isn't lethargic, undernourished or dehydrated. Why would you have to rush her to the hospital?

Applecheeks – You did a much better job making your point than I did making mine. I am also going to assume that your observation is that of a mother.

This pretty much leaves the door open for a Gay Edgar Hoover smartass remark, but that would be politically incorrect. Of course... when has that ever stopped me?

Go for it Prevuze! I couldn’t come up with anything clever about J. Ed wearing women’s underwear.

7:36 AM  
Blogger Prevuze said...

Go for it Prevuze! I couldn’t come up with anything clever about J. Ed wearing women’s underwear.

Well, you could try it while wearing men's underwear, but that would look pretty silly.

OMG, it just degenerates...

8:05 AM  
Anonymous Berg said...

WTG Rafe you look like a total JERK! Believe me it's not the first nor the last time he will look like a jerk.

So sick of Rafe. Can't they send him on some assignment far away?? Can't they bring Bryan D. back? I am starting to miss Lucas, the little Oaf.

8:09 AM  
Anonymous Bulldog said...

Johnny rushes in and we have another big reunion. EJ beams, "It's Sydney!" "Who the hell is Sydney," asks Johnny. LOL over that one. Because I keep feeling like kids that little wouldn't be that attached to Sydney or feel the loss - especially since Allie wasn't around her that much. Johnny perhaps. Oh well.

Spoilers say Anna is going to blackmail the governor into springing Nicole (why I haven't figured out yet). I can't wait to see her (Nic) waltz back into town and the indignation from everyone - especially Arianna. She'll probably take it worse than Sami. HAHAHA

Loved the Carly/Nathan picture. Most of the other great Prevuisms are already mentioned. It's a sunny Friday and a great Prevuze recap. Can't get much better. Thanks and happy weekend everyone!

8:40 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh Rafe I think your deflated EGO is showing.

9:34 AM  
Anonymous Maggie Mae said...

Oh, Rafe, You have been weighed, you have been measured, and you have been found wanting.

Don't bother to be happy that Sydney's home, just be upset you didn't bring her home yourself.

As someone else has already stated, at least BD and JS played well off each other.

10:00 AM  
Anonymous bGirl said...

Maggie Mae said...
Oh, Rafe, You have been weighed, you have been measured, and you have been found wanting.

such a good line - from A Knights Tale I believe

anons buttful of Rafe cracked me up (no pun intended)

11:20 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

All you Rafe haters wait and see. He's isn't the one who kidnapped his own baby. Rafe is the good guy in this and will win in the end and is as happy as Sami to see her baby back and is out looking for the kidnappers while EJ is working his evil and manipulating.

12:00 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

I don't believe anyone thinks Rafe is the 'bad guy' as it's quite clearly Ej. Rafe appears to be an obnoxious egotist.

12:43 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

And EJ isn't obnoxious and EJ isn't an egotist and EJ isn't the creepiest guy in the world who would steal his own kid and tell the mother she is dead?

1:32 PM  
Anonymous Jessi said...

i think rafe isnt really as concerned in getting sydney back as much as he is about making sami tell him everything and getting her in bed.Also in finding out who did this. he was never talking about just getting syd back. it was "im gonna find out who did this."

Rafe gets it, "So you were contacted again. And you didn't tell the FBI."

well look how that turned out. no syd when sami told u. so she didnt and she got her daughter back

1:34 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Rafe "Who, what, when, where, why and how?!" Hernandez is very nosy. He ambushes people in halls and in their homes, asking them intrusive questions that typically are none of his business. Throwing hissy fits when he doesn't get way.

If Rafe isn't 'busy' with Sami, he can usually be found putting someone through an inquisition. If he does find the chance to relax it's either about EJ, the DiMeras or trying to determine who to interrogate next.

Ej isn't excused from his actions or flaws, it's just that the writers- inadvertently perhaps -made Rafe a bigger nuisance. Just like Lucas during his macho, 'STAY AWAY FROM MY WIFE!' phase. As far as I can remember, that is the only time I disliked Lucas.

4:44 PM  
Anonymous Maggie Mae said...

Ej is supposed to be the bad guy, it's wh he is, a slimy gangster. He led Sami to believe Sydney was dead and then brought her back alive, which is more than Sami did for him with Grace who didn't tell him while she was sick but waited until she were DEAD.

Rafe is supposed to be this stand-up white knight, who if Sami doesn't answer him, he badgers her or Ej demanding to know what they were talking about all the while refusing to tell Sami anything about his past.

And yes, that line is from A Knight's Tale.

Watching EJ seek his revenge is entertaining; watching Rafe badger everyone around him to get what he wants isn't.

5:56 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


Blogarama     Globe Of Blogs