Saturday, December 19, 2009

Twelve Days Of Christmas — DOOL Style

Today's special Saturday posting is brought to you by...

YOU!

Well, specifically by:

EJami4Ever
DROOLS of our Thighs
OMGILoveYou
Anonymous
doolfan65
I Challenge You To A DOOL
Leslie
Bulldog
Lori
Applecheeks
Betyar
And the ringleader of the bunch... Berg

The following should be sung to the tune of "The Twelve Days Of Christmas" and, each time when you get to number five, for best effect, an angelic choir should kick in.

On the first day of Christmas DOOL gave to me, Sami still looking for Sydney.

On the second day of Christmas, DOOL gave to me,
Two Neanderthals staring,
And Sami still looking for Sydney.

On the third day of Christmas, DOOL gave to me,
Three dangling plot points,
Two Neanderthals staring,
And Sami still looking for Sydney.

On the fourth day of Christmas, DOOL gave to me,
Four in a quadrangle,
Three dangling plot points,
Two Neanderthals staring,
And Sami still looking for Sydney.

On the fifth day of Christmas, DOOL gave to me,
[angelic choir, please...]
MAGGIE BUTTING IN!
Four in a quadrangle,
Three dangling plot points,
Two Neanderthals staring,
And Sami still looking for Sydney.

On the sixth day of Christmas, DOOL gave to me,
Six spools of wire,
MAGGIE BUTTING IN!
Four in a quadrangle,
Three dangling plot points,
Two Neanderthals staring,
And Sami still looking for Sydney.

On the seventh day of Christmas, DOOL gave to me,
Seven baby kidnaps/switcheroos/who's the daddy,
Six spools of wire,
MAGGIE BUTTING IN!
Four in a quadrangle,
Three dangling plot points,
Two Neanderthals staring,
And Sami still looking for Sydney.

On the eighth day of Christmas, DOOL gave to me,
Eight bowls of chowdah,
Seven baby kidnaps/switcheroos/who's the daddy,
Six spools of wire,
MAGGIE BUTTING IN!
Four in a quadrangle,
Three dangling plot points,
Two Neanderthals staring,
And Sami still looking for Sydney.

On the ninth day of Christmas, DOOL gave to me,
Nine mocha lattes,
Eight bowls of chowdah,
Seven baby kidnaps/switcheroos/who's the daddy,
Six spools of wire,
MAGGIE BUTTING IN!
Four in a quadrangle,
Three dangling plot points,
Two Neanderthals staring,
And Sami still looking for Sydney.

On the tenth day of Christmas, DOOL gave to me,
Ten gropes from Daniel,
Nine mocha lattes,
Eight bowls of chowdah,
Seven baby kidnaps/switcheroos/who's the daddy,
Six spools of wire,
MAGGIE BUTTING IN!
Four in a quadrangle,
Three dangling plot points,
Two Neanderthals staring,
And Sami still looking for Sydney.

On the eleventh day of Christmas, DOOL gave to me,
Eleven bumbling Salem cops,
Ten gropes from Daniel,
Nine mocha lattes,
Eight bowls of chowdah,
Seven baby kidnaps/switcheroos/who's the daddy,
Six spools of wire,
MAGGIE BUTTING IN!
Four in a quadrangle,
Three dangling plot points,
Two Neanderthals staring,
And Sami still looking for Sydney.

On the twelfth day of Christmas, DOOL gave to me,
Twelve orphans at Maggie's,
Eleven bumbling Salem cops,
Ten gropes from Daniel,
Nine mocha lattes,
Eight bowls of chowdah,
Seven baby kidnaps/switcheroos/who's the daddy,
Six spools of wire,
MAGGIE BUTTING IN!
Four in a quadrangle,
Three dangling plot points,
Two Neanderthals staring,
And Sami still looking for Sydney.

May you find what you want under your Christmas tree.

15 Comments:

Blogger luvpumpkns said...

wonderful job guys! i think my particular favorite is 'ten gropes from daniel.'

4:56 AM  
Anonymous Jessi said...

On the twelfth day of Christmas, DOOL gave to me,
Twelve orphans at Maggie's,
Eleven bumbling Salem cops,
Ten gropes from Daniel,
Nine mocha lattes,
Eight bowls of chowdah,
Seven baby kidnaps/switcheroos/who's the daddy,
Six spools of wire,
MAGGIE BUTTING IN!
Four in a quadrangle,
Three dangling plot points,
Two Neanderthals staring,
And Sami still looking for Sydney.


nice job everyone, my fav would have to be 11 bumbling salem cops

6:51 AM  
Anonymous Bulldog said...

When I think of it, every day when you open up your Prevuze and there's a new posting it's sort of like Christmas year 'round. :D

We'll have to do this again next year and see what new items we can come up with.

Thanks, Prevuze, and have a great weekend everyone - even those of you buried in snow back east. Try to make it a nice one.

7:08 AM  
Blogger Applecheeks said...

I was going to make a comment about what "day" of Christmas it is today and realized I didn't know WHEN the 12 Days of Christmas actually are.

The 12 days leading up to Christmas; after Christmas; surrounding Christmas; in July?

I'm sure someone out there can enlighten us.

Whatever day it is today, it's a FABULOUS day when it starts with a Prevuze! A daily dose of Christmas indeed.

Word verification: squalla
When there's no Prevuze I'm a squalla right along with Sami, Belle,....

7:34 AM  
Anonymous Leslie said...

We'll have to do this again next year and see what new items we can come up with.

Bulldog - ever the optimist. The DOOL writers coming up with something new? Hardly! If there was another day of Christmas, DOOL would give us thirteen recycled scripts.

Have a great weekend everyone!

7:39 AM  
Anonymous Lori said...

Now guys if you're old enough to remember Bob and Doug McKenzie (which I am - the rest will have to google), the 12 days of Christmas are:

Bob: What are the twelve days of Christmas? Cause, figure it out, right. Christmas is when?

Doug: Uh, the 25th.

Bob: Right, and what's the 24th, Christmas Eve, right? So, that's two. And then, what's after that?

Doug: Um... Uh, Wrestling Day.

Bob: No. Get out.

Doug: Boxing Day, yeah, yeah.

Bob: That's three. Then what's after that? Nothing.

Doug: New Year's.

Bob: Four. And what's...

Doug: New Year's Eve.

Bob: Five. Where do you get twelve?

Doug: Uh... There's two Saturdays and Sundays in there, that's four. That's nine. And, three other days, which I believe are the mystery days.

This is by far my favorite explanation. I like the 8 bowls of chowdah and of course the gropes from Daniel.

My word verification: consli. As in, "Since I can't stomach the actual DOOl, I'm consli reading Prevuze."

8:58 AM  
Blogger Applecheeks said...

OMG, Leslie. That is hysterical. I remember Doug & Bob but never saw this bit. A classic, eh.

6:01 PM  
Anonymous Lori said...

Bob and Doug are classics, eh...

6:04 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

According to Wiki:
In the Christian tradition of the Church (naturally the origin of the holiday or holy-day we know as Christmas), Christmas begins at sundown on December 24 (Christmas Eve) and ends on January 6, the Feast of the Epiphany, when the Church commemorates the visit of the Magi (Wise Men) to Jesus. Christmas is twelve days, not one.

http://wiki.answers.com/Q/On_what_days_does_Christmas_start_and_end

6:29 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

I should expect a present everyday for twelve days then. I wonder how well I can sell that idea.

8:46 PM  
Anonymous Betyar said...

Yeah that's right. I always celebrate the 12 days of Christmas, with gifts, drinks, food and family. Wellll...mainly the drinks to be honest. For me the last day of Christmas celebrations is January 6th...in my family if you have an excuse to drink for 12 days in a row that's reason enough to celebrate!

I also liked the "ten gropes from daniel" the best. And I think next year we should mention "Ej's healthy sperm count " as one of the gifts :)

Thanks for the lovely song Prevuze, I think this calls for a cocktail!

Marry Christmas Everyone!

10:51 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

i loved ten gropes from daniel

12:50 AM  
Blogger Applecheeks said...

So sorry, Lori. I meant to congratulate you. All you creative "L"-named folk get me tripped up with acknowledgments sometimes. ;-)

6:19 AM  
Anonymous Berg said...

Love the 12 days of Christmas - DOOL gave to me!!!

In my mind everytime I reread the post I sing it to the music.

I have to say the 8 bowls of Chowdah get me every time.

9:20 AM  
Anonymous bGirl said...

yeah, 8 bowls of chowdah - would get anyone all the time! tee hee

here's a few of mine!

4 Snarky snarks

3 censored links

2 return from the dead

and prevuze to get through a hump-day

9:41 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


Blogarama     Globe Of Blogs