Tuesday, December 22, 2009

Naughty Or Nice

Nicole sits in her cell and broods as Brady comes to visit — No news about Sydney, though. Nicole tells him she had forgotten Sydney wasn't hers. "I understand," says Brady, "Little things like whether or not a kid is mine slip my mind all the time." Nicole asks him to bring her a picture of Sydney.

Speaking of pictures, Anna decides on one for the Syd-napping note, then gets a call, "OMG, It's You!"

Yu, the owner of the Chinese laundry, tells her he's just calling his best customers to wish them a merry Christmas.

Melanie and Phillip walk into Maggie's kitchen as Melanie talks on the phone with Max. Max tells her she's been invited to Caroline's Christmas party. She turns that down in favor of having a non-Christmas with Phillip.

Stephanie and Nathan are at the Java Café talking about Christmas traditions. It seems someone at the hospital has pulled strings and he doesn't have to work on Christmas Eve or Christmas day. Joy to the world. We definitely get the impression that the most junior administrator pulled the strings so the most junior intern wouldn't have to work — a scenario about as likely as Tiger getting the husband of the year award this year.

Brady doesn't think giving Nicole a picture of Sydney is a good idea. He thinks they should keep emotions low before the trial. Nicole is frustrated. Brady empathizes, and tells her there is absolutely no new information on Sydney. Nicole thinks he's lying.

Roman is on the phone with Anna, "Of course it's me. Why are you so surprised?"

Will and Mia join Kinzie and Tad at the pub. Kinzie starts right up on Mia, "OMG! A wrist corsage! How retro!"

"Kinzie didn't like the corsage I got her," says Tad, "Personally, I thing snap dragons match her eyes."

Will asks if Kinzie and Tad are dating. "No," insists Kinzie, "He's my ride, not my date."

"But," says Tad, "I'm shallow enough to go with a superficial person because she's hot."

Kinzie gives him a look, "Do not get any ideas." Too late.

Chad joins the group and tells Mia she looks great. He tells her he's going with Gabi.

Meanwhile, up in Arianna's room Gabi has decided she doesn't like her dress. Arianna suggests going back to wrapping tamales if she doesn't want to go to the dance.

Nicole panics that everyone is giving up on Sydney. Brady insists they aren't and tells her about the false lead. Nicole thinks he's not telling her everything, "You're holding back. There's more, isn't there?"

Phillip wonders if Melanie is having second thoughts. She assures him she isn't and says she wants to be with him instead of going to the Brady Christmas. She wonders if he's having second thoughts. I'm having second thoughts about watching this drivel.

Nathan takes us on a journey of incomprehensible babblings about feelings, "What I'm trying to say is we're friends and my feelings for you are nice ones."

"Vice versa," says Stephanie. Feel the love.

So, the two chronologically mature adults decide they can say they're on a date without freaking out. They proceed to freak out, so Stephanie decides they should get some coffee. They turn to go to the counter and Steph the spaz drops her purse. She stoops top pick it up and we get a Fellini shot looking straight down on her from above the dreaded sprig of mistletoe which hangs directly above her head. The needle on the Freak Out Meter jumps all the way to the top and melts.

Tad asks about the biggest piece of news to hit Salem since the sanitation workers cut back to a one-day per week pickup, Mia double booking her dance ticket. "It doesn't bother me that she asked Chad first," says Will, "What crawled up your shorts?"

"I'm trying to make you as miserable as I am."

Chad tells Mia how things happened that he wound up asking Gabi to the dance. Mia says she's glad she didn't ruin his night by turning him down.

Gabi, standing there looking like Whistler's Mother in a maroon outfit, keeps brooding about the dress. Arianna shifts gears into a full blown tirade, "OK, so you can stay here and wrap tamales all night and then I've got a pile of dishes back in the kitchen that have to be washed and after that you can sit around in the cinders and feel sorry for yourself." She asks Gabi to give her just a few minutes to see what she can do to fix up the dowdy dress.

Carol Burnett walks into the room, "I think I can help." She rips the drapes down from the window...

Brady tells Nicole about the upcoming candlelight vigil. Nicole thinks if that was EJ's idea he's desperate, because he's such a private person. Nicole says she still loves both Sydney and EJ, "I wish I could be there."

An attorney comes up to the cell, "Well, I just might be able to help you arrange that."

Chad tells Mia he asked Gabi to go to the dance so he could make sure to get a dance with Mia. He begs for one dance.

The world stops turning. Patrons gasp. The lights seem to dim as the dazzling Gabi walks into the room in the completely transformed dress. Women stare. Men swoon.

Roman reminds Anna he calls every year around Christmas. He assures her he's doing well, but tells her it's not a great Christmas for Sami. He invites her to the Horton Christmas. "I would love that," says Anna. Pause... pause... pause... "But I just can't."

Nicole's public defender introduces herself, "I'm Joanne Leoni and I have been assigend to your case. As the earrings were only worth $30 and it's your first offense, I think things will go well for you. But I must tell you, Judge Hangemhigh does not look favorably on shoplifters."

"I didn't shoplift," says Nicole, "I switched babies."

Joanne is stunned, "You're not Rebecca Kazmerik?"

"No, I'm Nicole DiMera."

Joanne gets a little unprofessional, not uncommon for Salem lawyers, "HAHAHAHAHAHAHA! OMG! Duuuuude, after what you did you'll be locked up for a couple decades."

Melanie wonders if Phillip is having second thoughts about the trip, "Oh, yeah," says Phillip, "I'm having second thoughts about giving up Christmas with my dysfunctional family to be on a beach with you in a bikini. Maybe we shouldn't go."

Did you forget how shallow I am," asks Melanie. Phillip gets a call as she heads for the Java Café.

"I'll be Right there," says Phillip.

Stephanie reminds Nathan the mistletoe won't bite. Nathan summons all his courage and kisses her on the cheek. Melanie transports in and watches.

Roman presses Anna to come to the party. Anna declines again. Roman suggests going to dinner, "I don't like you being alone on Christmas."

"I'm not alone," says Anna.

Brady lectures Joanne for being a terrible lawyer. Joanne snorts, "Who do you think you are?"

"I'm the duuuuude who's going to get her a real lawyer." Nicole asks why he's doing this.

Arianna joins Chad and Gabi. Big sister smiles as she leans into Chad, "You lay a hand on my little sister and our brother, ex-agent Hernandez, will deal with you. That's ex as in excessive force."

"I've heard about him," says Chad, "I knew it wasn't for excessive intelligence."

Kinzie snaps pictures of Chad and Gabi, "Look... she smiles! Such a refreshing change from you-know-who. The crew leaves but Will stops Mia, "We need to talk."

Justin shows Phillip his tickets to the big football game, "Fifty-yard-line, buddy! How about it?" Phillip tells him he can't go, since he's on his way out of town. He senses Justin has issues. Justin shrugs it off.

Phillip presses, "Tell me why you called."

"It's not a big deal," says Justin, "Adrian doesn't want me home for Christmas."

Phillip says, "I can understand that. She probably just wants some time alone during the holidays."

Justin says, "Problem is... Adrian celebrates Christmas year round."

Melanie walks up and gushes about Stephanie and Nathan's romantic Christmas. Stephanie wonders if that bothers her.

Will thinks Mia lied. Mia says she just didn't want Will to be mad at her, "If you don't want to go I'll understand."

Justin says he'll have a good time in Salem for Christmas. Phillip tells him he's headed off with Melanie.

Brady tells Nicole he wants to help her. She asks if the vigil will help. Brady tells her it can't hurt. Nicole whines, "I would stay in here forever if it meant Sydney could come home."

"I have a feeling you'll be in here forever whether she comes home or not."

Rejected Roman asks whom Anna will be spending Christmas with. "My darling Tony," says Anna.

"Tony's dead," says Roman.

"Did you see Psycho," asks Anna, "That wasn't Mrs. Bates in the window."


Melanie just happens to let it slip she and Phillip are headed to a tropical island for Christmas. Stephanie says she prefers snow and brooding for Christmas.

Justin tells Phillip the divorce is going through. He shoos Phillip, who wonders if Justin will be OK. "Of course I will," says Justin, "I have Victor... and Vivian... and... Ho, ho, ho!"

"Ho, ho, ho," repeats Phillip, "You mean Mom will be there with a couple of her friends?"

Will and Mia decide to go to the dance. Oh, thank God! Just the thought of them not going was spoiling everyone's Christmas. Will wants to call Sami first, so Mia heads for the dance.

Gabi and Chad have come outside for air. Apparently he didn't shower. He gives her his muffler to keep her warm. Gabi says, "I really didn't want to come out here to catch some air."

Brady arrives at the pub talking on the phone to the lawyer, "We know a lawyer of your caliber doesn't have a soul, so don't give me grief about working on Christmas." He finds Arianna, "There is something I have to tell you."

Phillip guies blindfolded Melanie into a room. It seems they haven't gone to a tropical island, but instead are at some Inn just outside Salem. He removes her blindfold. Melanie behlods the dazzling decorations, "Wow! Are we in Santa's workshop?"

"Something like that," says Phillip, "Do you hate me for breaking my promise about the tropical island?:

"No," she lies, "An old fashioned Christmas is nice." Kiss. She asks what the phone call was about.

"Nothing," he lies.

Melanie doesn't buy it, "Something tells me it was someone who needed a friend. And you didn't want to be too far away in case your friend needed you."

Phillip asks, "Do you think we can have a nice time here?"

Melanie moves in on him, "That depends on if we decide to be naughty or nice."

Arianna tells Brady Gabi and she had a nice time together, "I think this Christmas will be great." Hugs.

Anna talks to Tony's picture. She says she thinks he wouldn't approve of what she's doing, but Stefano needs to pay, "He took the person I love most away from me so I took Sydney away from him and now all of them will understand what grief is like."

Nicole sits like a zombie in her cell, "They won't let me have a picture of you, but I can close my eyes and see you. And when I get out of here I promise I'll find you."

Gabi tells chad she doesn't know how to dance. Chad tells her he went to dancing school. How convenient. He pulls out his mp3 and the Fred Astaire School of Dance is in session. Mia comes up and watches as Chad tells Gabi she's a natural.

Melanie turns on her mp3 and plays Christmas music. Phillip walks over to her, "Maybe Christmas isn't so bad if you're..."

"You didn't finish your thought."

"I don't finish most thoughts," he says, "If you're... with someone you love." He gives her a present. A ring. "I don't want just to spend Christmas with you. I want to spend the rest of my life with you."

Melanie is stunned, "I'm hallucinating."

Phillip takes a knee.

CLINK

"I'm asking you to marry me."

Melanie gives a look that says she wishes she were on that tropical island. Alone.

Arianna is over the top bouncy. She asks what Brady wants to tell her. Brady goes the 'no news is good news' route and tells her it was nothing.

Anna promises Sydney a wonderful Christmas, "It'll be just you and me and Uncle Tony."

"Where are you going to get Uncle Tony," asks Sydney.

"Don't worry," says Anna, "I'll dig him up."


Back in her cell, Nicole's zombification deepens. She focuses on the voice of the woman as she walked away in the bus station, "OMG! I know that voice..."

Meanwhile, out in the audience, black crepe surrounds an empty section of seats. The Ejamis and the Safes square off and stand face to face, mob to mob. An Ejami steps forward, "One down... one to go."

A Safe steps up to meet her, "THIS IS WAR!"

NOTE – you can now follow Prevuze on twitter at: http://twitter.com/prevuze

Prevuze II has a video of the daily show previews, which should be available by noon (EST) on any given day. To see Prevuze II: CLICK HERE


21 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I know they need Justin to sleep with Hope when Bo and Carly have their affair. But this part of the story would be a lot better and make more sense if Adrian actually appeared on screen so we could at least get her point of view and find out what their marriage problems are. The writers would probably just turn her into a shrew like they did with Hope, but since they were an important couple at one point we should have both of them around. Otherwise, why not create a new character to hang around Hope or bring back someone who wasn't attached? She and Justin have no previous romantic history, do they? Adrian will probably come to Salen once the divorce is final and Justin (assuming the writers will even want to keep him around once this storyline is over) has had sex with Hope, but it won't have the impact it could have if she were here all along.

On another note, I really hate Philip/Melanie (what is up with the actress trying to push this couple so much when most of the actors realize you have to play the fanbases against each other). It seems I won't have to worry about them too much longer if DOOL is pushing the marriage after about a week after Nathan dumped her and she decided to "hang out" with Philip and see how it goes.

5:11 AM  
Anonymous Berg said...

Don't get me started on how fast Phillip has proposed marriage to Melanie. It would kill my last remaining brain cells that I really need.

Meanwhile, out in the audience, black crepe surrounds an empty section of seats. The Ejamis and the Safes square off and stand face to face, mob to mob. An Ejami steps forward, "One down... one to go."

A Safe steps up to meet her, "THIS IS WAR!"
ah sweet victory!!!

fight, fight, fight - in the end we are all dependant upon each other because we cannot depend on the DOOL writers for a fair fight.

I will probably catch a ration of grief over this but Lucas Roberts was written into a corner with no storyline. I also don't think Bryan can actually act, but if that was a criteria to be on DOOL we would be watching a truly empty show.

Well the move is ont surprising to me that they let Bryan go, I have to say given bad acting vs. bad acting, I would rather have seen an angry drunk Lucas come back to town and raise some hell vs. any of the Hernandez clan. It's a double edge sword.

Well Lumis - if you didn't see the writing on the wall a long time ago, then you believe that Safe is the rooting couple here.

If you think Safe is the rooting couple, I have an iceberg in Egypt to sell you.

Ho-Ho-Ho - Nicole does know, who kidnapped Sydney but really is that Anna's excuse? Please tell me there is more to this - please???

5:27 AM  
Anonymous Leslie said...

We definitely get the impression that the most junior administrator pulled the strings so the most junior intern wouldn't have to work — a scenario about as likely as Tiger getting the husband of the year award this year.

Prevuze gets a two stroke penalty for taking another whack at Tiger with the extra club that Prevuze carries for extra special snark attacks.

She wonders if he's having second thoughts. I'm having second thoughts about watching this drivel.

I’m so with you on that one Prevuze. This episode is looking like it won’t escape the delete box on my DVR.

"I'm trying to make you as miserable as I am."

Unless T has watched DOOL, he really doesn’t know the true meaning of miserable.

Carol Burnett walks into the room, "I think I can help." She rips the drapes down from the window...

OMG - that was hysterical classic TV. DOOL – not so much.

Nicole says she still loves both Sydney and EJ, "I wish I could be there."

Since Nicole remembers all the words to “Love the One You’re With”, Brady is the perfect alternative.

"HAHAHAHAHAHAHA! OMG! Duuuuude, after what you did you'll be locked up for a couple decades."

We couldn’t get that lucky.

"You lay a hand on my little sister and our brother, ex-agent Hernandez, will deal with you. That's ex as in excessive force."

"I've heard about him," says Chad, "I knew it wasn't for excessive intelligence."

LOL!!!!!!

Phillip takes a knee.

CLINK

Naughty, naughty, hysterical, hysterical, naughty, naughty!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

…and the wars continue but without Lumi. Since the DOOL scribes wrote Lucas into a corner with absolutely no exit strategy, it comes as no surprise that Bryan’s contract was not renewed. I feel badly for the actor and his fans. However, I’m sure that Bryan realizes that the business is capricious and often cruel. Hopefully, there will be plenty of opportunities coming his way.

5:31 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I know you have hated Lumi forever but that last remark was disgusting and uncalled for. I will never watch this show again and you can gloat all you want and watch Sami who I don't even recognize anymore get together with her rapist or stay with the lunk I don't care. I'm sure Bry will land a role on something good and that is what I will be watching not this crap, which is going to go down the tubes for sure. And even tho your gloating like the rest of them you are right about one thing that no one who was a Bry or Lumi fan will ever watch this show again. We are gone gone gone.

6:15 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ai, yi, yi! Lighten up Lumis. It's a show. It's a soap. It will be about 6 months before Lucas is back. Even if they kill the character off - they'll bring him back eventually. LOL

KOTU

6:55 AM  
Blogger Applecheeks said...

Yu, the owner of the Chinese laundry, tells her he's just calling his best customers to wish them a merry Christmas.

That makes a lot more sense then Anna picking up the phone and saying to Roman, “Oh, it’s YOU,” rather than “Oh, hi.”’ Or what’s more logical, “Oh, hi Roman.” [Prevuze slaps Applecheeks with a 5 yard penalty for trying to apply logic to DAYS.]

Roman is on the phone with Anna, "Of course it's me. Why are you so surprised?"

Maybe because no one has even mentioned Anna since she stalked off with Tony’s ashes months ago?

Carol Burnett walks into the room, "I think I can help." She rips the drapes down from the window...

Prevuze, you MUST get a link to that classic. That remains my all-time-favorite-laugh-til-you-puke comedy sketch.

Gabi walks into the room in the completely transformed dress.

Sounds like Arianna has found her calling as a fashion designer and dress-maker extraordinnaire.

Melanie is stunned.

Hell, I’M stunned. Talk about a supersonic romance!

Philip takes a knee. CLINK. ROFLMAO

Except for seeing the magical, 30 second, miracle make-over of Grandma Moses' dress there's nothing here I'm interested in seeing. Although, I must say, I'm enjoying T-man. Finally a younger character playing a goofy, normal teen.

Thanks for taking another one for the team, Prevuze!

7:00 AM  
Anonymous lumifan said...

I also don't think Bryan can actually act, but if that was a criteria to be on DOOL we would be watching a truly empty show.

I think you must be confused. He blinks at a normal rate, a rarity on Days, I know. I know there are many Days fans out there who equate abnormal blink rates with good acting, but that's simply not the case.

Anyhow, for those of you gloating over Lucas leaving, keep one thing in mind: once Bry's final scene airs, we no longer have ANY reason to watch the daily crapfest that is Days. Who's the real winner? I'd say us.

7:25 AM  
Anonymous Donna said...

Anyhow, for those of you gloating over Lucas leaving, keep one thing in mind: once Bry's final scene airs, we no longer have ANY reason to watch the daily crapfest that is Days. Who's the real winner? I'd say us.

First I would say - I fairly berate most of the acting on the show. I wouldn't call it gloating. Do I feel sorry for the actor - yes. Do I care if Lucas is off the show - no not really though I would rather see Rafe and the entire Hernandez family written off before Lucas.

Finally we have one thing to agree upon - DOOL is a crapfest with or without Lucas.

8:22 AM  
Anonymous Maggie Mae said...

I'd rather have Bryan Datillo (who can act circles around Galen Gehring) stay in Salem and ship Rafe and his sisters off.

It's true the writers wrote Lucas into a corner with no life outside of Sami. I see them doing the same thing with Rafe.

I had to read the "clink" line three times before I got it. Brilliance from you but not me.

On another note, as much as I love Phil and Melanie I don't understand the rush to engagement. Is Phil really that afraid of the loveable lunkhead?

8:47 AM  
Anonymous Bulldog said...

I do like Bryan Dattilo but I'm not that sorry to see Lucas go. They haven't had him do much other than get drunk/go to rehab/get drunk....

I wasn't watching during the time Justin and Adrienne were on so that whole story is a big 'SO?' to me.

I wonder if when the teen scene get to the dance they'll still be showing Ghoul Girl up on the video screen?

Loved Lexie's diagnosis. And there I go, forgetting the cardinal rule about not having anything with spewability in my mouth when I got to CLINK! I never learn.

But this was my favorite:The needle on the Freak Out Meter jumps all the way to the top and melts. Prevuze, you're getting hysterically snarky in your advancing age. HAHAHAHA

Thank you Prevuze. And I say forget Lumi, Safe and EJami and Happy Holidays to all. :D

9:07 AM  
Blogger Prevuze said...

I say forget Lumi, Safe and EJami

In a rare (and in Lumi's case, final) showing of solidarity, the Lumis, Safes and Ejamis grab torches and pitchforks and head out to find Bulldog.

9:34 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I just couldn't resist after that ending :)

The Ejamis had Safe dead in their sights
They reached for the trigger to pull it up tight
Why they didn't shoot, well, we'll never know
Or was it the bells from the village below.

Christmas bells those Christmas bells
Ringing through the land
Bringing peace to all the world
And good will to man

The Ejamis made Safes fly to the Rhine
And forced them to land behind the Lumi enemy lines
Safes were certain that this was the end
When the Ejamis cried out, "Merry Christmas, my friend"

The Ejamis then offered a holiday toast
And Safe, our boring hero, saluted his host
And then with a roar they were both on their way
Each knowing they'd meet on some other day.

Have a Great Christmas, Holiday etc to everyone at prevuze and their readers!
samhaincat

9:55 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

"Ho, ho, ho," repeats Phillip, "You mean Mom will be there with a couple of her friends?"

laughed so hard I scared the cat off my lap & that's not easy to do.

For those of you new to the show, we recently saw Adrian as Bonnie - Mickey's trashy wife. Guess they thought even dayz fans aren't dumb enough to fall for that bit of casting magic again.

Now would someone turn Roman into Chris Kostichek again so he'd be back to entertaining?

10:58 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

well it is about time that lucas is gone.He has been nothing but a downer as of late.I'm glad sami left him when she did.Now we can move on and see her with someone new for a change

12:02 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Applecheeks....this is for you:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TjhtxfSMIWk&feature=related


doolfan65

12:02 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Nicole is really pathetic, it's not even funny : euh nikki Ej doesn't love you, he will always love Sami even when she rejects him (she is the one) and now he begins to be interested by Ari (even if he will probably use her) so MOVE ON !!! For your sake (and ours and above all MINE), you are painful to watch with this needy, clingy, no pride behaviour.. And Brady i don't understand you, why you help her WHY WHY WHY ???

4:15 PM  
Anonymous Bulldog said...

Anonymous - thanks for the Went With the Wind link, I haven't seen it in ages and really enjoyed it.

4:51 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Bulldog- my pleasure.

consider it a holiday gift for my Prevuze Family :D

~~doolfan65

5:14 PM  
Anonymous Lori said...

So many opportunities, so little time (I'm already way late on most of the comments).

Love, love, love the Carol Burnett reference. I hope there is a curtain rod sticking out of Gabi's dress.

And thinking of Phillip's knee-bending "clink" is the only thing that will make this scene watchable for me. I LOVE Melanie but it's way too soon. Run Melanie run!

Word verification: messe. This whole soap is a messe.

6:13 PM  
Blogger Applecheeks said...

Yes, Doolfan65. I really needed that! Thanks!

The sketch is funny any time I watch it. But I can still remember the first time, watching the actual show, seeing Burnett make that appearance with the curtain rods sticking out of the shoulders. The entire family just shrieked.

8:02 PM  
Anonymous Betyar said...

Great post today Prevuze! I LMAO at most of your side comments. To the one x-Lumi Anon poster, good bye my friend!!! I'd hate to think that he/she thinks she was still watching Lumi scenes, since Bryan hasn't been in the Lumi equation since 2007... Anyway, it's time to bring on the rapist!!! I'm sure he's got a better shot at the part since he can actually act on this soap! Guess what side of the Ejami war I'm on??? Happy Tuesday Everyone!!

10:19 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


Blogarama     Globe Of Blogs