Friday, November 06, 2009

Collateral Damage

Gus comes to Vivian with important news, "Carly Manning has been arrested."

Carly sits in jail. Bo shows up saying he's been battling with Interpol over her extradition. Carly wonders who alerted the authorities.

Hope gets off the phone and tells Justin they have to get to the station. Roy and Dale rush off.

Caroline wonders why Arianna wants to quit. She appeals to Brady to change her mind. Brady declines.

Rafe is on the phone at the docks. He talks to Tim about the delay in testing as EJ walks up behind him. Rafe hangs up and we have a staredown.

Nicole is shocked to find out Rafe is back in town. Sami skips around the room like a schoolgirl and flops into a chair, "He says he's working on a case that will change my future."

Nicole whimpers, "This can't happen."

Daniel and Chloe sit in the hospital. Daniel goes through brochures, looking at potential honeymoon spots while Chloe frets. Dr. Ryan comes out and announces she has the results of Chloe's tests, "Please come into my office. It will be better if I ruin your life in there where you can't make a public scene."

Chloe stops her, "No, tell me now... Can I have a baby? Will I be able to get pregnant?"

EJ asks what Rafe is doing there. Rafe doesn't think it's any of EJ's business. He tells EJ he and Sami are back together. EJ brings up his conversation with Arianna and says she didn't have any idea Rafe was back. Rafe tells him to stay away from his sister.

"I have a strong sense of family," says EJ, "And let me remind you, Samanther and I share a child and there is nothing that you can do about that."

Sami wonders why Nicole said that. Nicole wonders why Rafe came back. The viewers wonder why they are watching. Sami thinks Rafe came back because he missed her. Nicole asks for details about the case Rafe is working on, but Sami says she doesn't know anything more. Nicole says she's digging like this because she's trying to protect Sami. Sami don' wan' no stinkin' protection. She says she doesn't care what Rafe is up to because she's happy. Nicole wails, "He's going to ruin everything, Sami."

Carly paces, turns and leans against the bars in her cell. Suddenly, Lawrence grabs her through the bars and gets her in a choke hold, "You will pay for what you did to me!" Carly pulls away and turns to find Lawrence gone.

Hope and Justin bustle in. Bo asks which one of the vindictive ne'er-do-wells turned Carly in.

Dr. Ryan said, "Your ovarian tissue was compromised in your treatment for leukemia and your eggs are no longer viable. There is a 2% chance of conception."

Chloe turns to Daniel who translates Dr. Ryan's assessment into Bimboese so she can understand it.

Chloe is stunned, "Two per cent... That's the same as none."

"You didn't do well at math, did you," asks Dr. Ryan, "You could try donor eggs."

"I prefer scrambled," says Chloe.

Dr. Ryan walks off. Chloe broods, "Daniel, don't say this doesn't change things. I need to be alone." Chloe spirals off into her abyss of despair.

Rafe warns EJ again to stay away from Arianna, "I'm not gonna warn you again, until we have this same conversation over and over and over until we both want to run off screaming." Rafe runs off screaming.

EJ gloats, "Sorry, Raphael, old bean, she's dealing for me now."

Caroline asks, "Has something happened between you two?"

In unison, Arianna says "No" while Brady says "Yes."

Nicole continues to object to Rafe being back. She says she doesn't trust him. Sami reminds her she's married to EJ, "He's the most untrustworthy man in town and he doesn't have a moral bone in his body."

"Rafe treats me like dirt," says Nicole, "He will turn you against me and convince you to kick Sydney and me to the curb."

"I would never do that," insists Sami, "You can stay. And Rafe would never ask me to do something like that. He would never want a mother and her child to be out on the street."

Nicole opens an old wound, "You still don't know what happened to his fiancée. Can you forget that?"

"Until you brought it up," says Sami, "But I'm trying to move past it."

"He walked out without saying goodbye," says Nicole, "You can't believe a word he says."

"I realize there are unanswered questions," says Sami, "but I love him and he loves me and I am happy he is back."

"I can't listen to you self destruct," says Nicole. She grabs Sydney and runs out.

Outside, Nicole tells Sydney, "If Rafe figures out the truth I will have to stop him." She strolls off.

Caroline leaves Arianna and Brady to talk through their issues. Arianna thanks Brady for not saying anything. Brady says he clammed up for Caroline, not Arianna. He leaves. Arianna stares.

Daniel sits in the waiting area. He looks at the table beside him and sees a pile of magazines. Oh, what to read... what to read. He spies Sorts Illustrated with a cover that screams, "SWIMSUIT ISSUE... HOTTEST EDITION EVER!" Next to it, Daniel sees the latest copy of "Baby Blue." Well, Daniel does what any normal red-blooded male would do and picks up "Baby Blue."

As Daniel reads the gripping article, "Baby powder... scented or unscented, the raging controversy," Lilly comes up with her mother.

Lilly hugs miracle worker Dr. Daniel. "How's that leg doing," asks Daniel, "Can you run on it now that the cast is off?"

"The leg is great," says Lilly, "The arm I broke is still mangled and twisted, though." Forlorn Chloe watches as Daniel and Lilly talk about her soccer team, laugh and hug.

Gus tells Vivian that Carly will be extradited soon. Vivian is oh, so pleased.

Bo lectures Justin and Hope for turning in Carly. They insist they didn't do that. "Do you think we are lying or is it just me you don't believe," asks Hope.

Daniel and Lilly do high-fives. Lilly and her mom walk off as pouting Chloe comes up to him. "How long have you been watching," asks Daniel.

"Long enough," says Chloe, "Let's just go home."

And the Emmy for the most contrived scene in soap opera history goes to...

Nicole rushes into the rumpus room wanting to talk to Stefano. She tells him everything is falling apart, "Rafe 'Mack the Knife' Hernandez is back in town. He is going to blow up my life."

Rafe shows up at Sami's. He tells her things are going fine but there has been a delay in his big secret project, "I've got some waiting to do so I decided to wait in my favorite place with my favorite person." Translation: "I'm bored and horny."

Sami throws herself at him, "This secret agent thing is sexy." Smooch. "EJ was here earlier and I was discreet." Rafe tells her he ran into EJ earlier, so EJ knows he's back. "Is that a problem," asks Sami. Rafe dunno.

Stock Market Report - DOW: Up... S&P: Down... NASDAQ: Steady... SAFE: Up... EJAMI: Significant Gains... LUMI: In Receivership...

EJ comes into the pub and asks where Arianna is. "She quit," says Caroline, "She's backing as we speak."

Upstairs, Arianna packs, goes to her phone and calls Rafe. She leaves a message telling him she's moving out and will explain later. EJ opens the door and listens.

Agent Grizzly from Interpol shows up at the cop-shop. Bo tells him the moment Carly shows up in that country she's dead. Grizzly says he is going to transport her there anyway. He walks off. Justin tells Bo to start letting Carly make decisions for herself. He leaves.

Hope insists she didn't turn Carly in. Bo snorts, "My God what's happening to us? This isn't about Carly at all. It's about you and me."

"Right," says Hope, "You and me. Carly is just collateral damage."

Justin comes to Carly's cell and says he will help her, but she has to tell the truth.

EJ watches as Arianna paces. He closes the door and walks off. Arianna looks at the window where Spider-Man Brady snuck in, and flashes back to their moment together.

Brady sits in the Kiriakis mansion and pouts. Victor wonders where he went. Brady don' wanna talk about it. Victor figures Arianna admitted she was a drug dealer and goes into action, "I'm gonna call Bo and have Arianna arrested."

Despondent Chloe knows just the cure for all her depression. She hops into bed. "It's 11am," says Daniel, "What are you doing in bed?"

"I figure maybe we could take a nap," says Chloe, "Or not. Maybe we could just lie down and... whatever."

Prevuze apologizes for the use of such rough language, but we're just reporting what the characters are saying. Ordinarily, we would not use such vulgar phrases as "whatever" in this blog.

Daniel jumps in for a little "whatever." Chloe says she is proud of him for the way he touches people's lives, "I've had time to digest all this."

"But," says Daniel, "It's only been fifteen minutes. That's a pretty short time and you had a lot to digest."

"My mind has a small appetite," says Chloe, "Now I realize all this it's not about having kids, but it's about sharing a life with you. As long as we have each other everything will be all right."

Daniel moves in and 'whatevers' her brains out.

Brady says there is no proof Arianna is a drug dealer. He wants to handle this another way. Victor snarls, "Since you have the hots for her maybe we can just let her get away with it."

"No," says Brady, "We'll stop her from dealing."

"Don't be naïve," growls Victor. Broody Brady broods. "Here's a first," says Victor, "Usually I can't stop you from talking but now you're at a loss for words."

"I want to help her."

Victor snaps, "I want you to think with your head instead of your butt."

Brady defends himself, "I don't have brains in my butt."

"See," says Victor, "That proves you're a dumbass."


Brady tells Victor to back off or he won't forgive him. Victor lectures, "You're a damn fool and you can attack me but that doesn't change what Arianna has done or what she is."

Arianna stares out the window. She paces and then rushes out.

Nicole is in a tizzy about Rafe. Stefano tells her to settle down. We hear a noise and Stefano hustles Nicole out onto the balcony. EJ comes in. He tells Stefano he ran into Rafe. Nicole watches.

Sami thinks Rafe probably loved rubbing EJ's face in the fact they are back together. Rafe admits he enjoyed it. Suddenly, Sami brings out her Lucy Ricardo personality, "Uhhhh... Ricky, I have to tell you something. I sorta... opened my big mouth and told someone you were back. I was so happy to have you back but how was I supposed to know she would react like that?"

"She," asks Rafe, "who was she?"

"Nicole."

Rafe rolls his eyes, "SAMI, YOU GOT SOME 'SPLAININ TO DO."

Justin assures Carly neither he nor Hope ratted her out. He says he wants her whole story. Carly is skeptical, "Is this because you really want to defend me or is this because Bo knows and you don't?"

Bo tells Hope Carly is a good woman and he doesn't like it that their problems could sign her death warrant. Hope again insists she didn't turn her in. Agent Grizzly walks in and says he got the extradition order.

Arianna shows up at the Kiriakis mansion. Brady answers. Arianna blubbers, "I tried to walk away but I can't. I love you."

Brady asks, "Are you willing to stop dealing drugs and go to the police?"

"You don't understand," whines Arianna. She forces her way in.

Stefano asks what disturbing news EJ got. EJ says Rafe told him he's back together with Samantha.

Stefano gets sarcastic, "How lovely for them. Did he tell you where he went?"

EJ fights sarcasm with sarcasm, "Oh, yes, he showed me photos of his travels. I heard Arianna leaving a message talking about DNA tests. What do you think that could mean?"

Rafe does a slow boil, "I asked you not to do one thing and you did it anyway."

Sami scrunches her face, "I told Nicole not to say anything. She is my friend."

Rafe explodes, "That is the last thing she is. She is the last person who should know."

Sami grasps at straws, "But EJ knows."

"That's different," says Rafe, "He is not involved. He is not part of this."

Vivian tells Gus to pack her bag, "We have to wipe that woman off the face of the earth... and Salem is so lovely this time of year."

Hope offers to help. Bo says, "If you want to help, find the person who turned Carly in."

With perfect DOOL timing, Victor walks in, "That would be me."

Justin tells Carly this is not a competition with Bo. Grizzly comes up to her cell, "You have a one way ticket home."

Arianna asks, "What if I told you I have a really good reason for what I've done and what if I told you right now?"

"But you're not going to tell me right now, are you," says Brady.

"Hell no," says Arianna, "We have to drag this thing out until the cows come home."

"The cows will never come," says Brady, "This is even too boring for them."


Stefano speculates Rafe impregnated some young girl and is trying to deny responsibility. EJ leaves. Stefano lets Nicole back in. Nicole takes up the verbal assault right where she left off, "I told you. Rafe probably has proof."

"For once," says Stefano, "you may be right. I cannot allow the truth to come out. I don't have any choice. Hernandez has to be taken care of quickly and firmly."

Sami is confused, "EJ is not a part of what?"

"I wanted to wait until I was sure," says Rafe, "but now I'm going to tell you the truth."

Tune in tomorrow to find out what ridiculous distraction interrupts Rafe from moving this creeping glacier of a story line along.

NOTE – you can now follow Prevuze on twitter at: http://twitter.com/prevuze

Prevuze II has a video of the daily show previews, which should be available by noon (EST) on any given day. To see Prevuze II: CLICK HERE


16 Comments:

Anonymous Berg said...

Sami wonders why Nicole said that. Nicole wonders why Rafe came back. The viewers wonder why they are watching. Exactly!

Oh Prevuze - just when I wanted to Jeer you over the leeches photos, I wanted to cheers you over the Mommie Dearest one!

Dr. Ryan said, "Your ovarian tissue was compromised in your treatment for leukemia and your eggs are no longer viable. There is a 2% chance of conception." Eh Gads! The writers once again leave room for a miracle baby aka miracle storyline in case their babyswitch storyline well dries up. Thank goodness for bimboese though.

Rafe warns EJ again to stay away from Arianna, "I'm not gonna warn you again, until we have this same conversation over and over and over until we both want to run off screaming." Rafe runs off screaming. I picture the dialogue more like "Me Rafe, me want you not near sister. Me will try to pound your head into the ground once I get a rock to stand on to reach your head". Rafe = caveman from Geico commercials.

Okay I rarely pick on EJ but EJ gloats, "Sorry, Raphael, old bean, she's dealing for me now." Old bean? Old bean? I think they are taking the actor's English heritage too far with that one.

"He's the most untrustworthy man in town and he doesn't have a moral bone in his body." Ummm Sami, you do remember your life from about birth up till now right? Why do characters have to be so self righteous?

"Rafe 'Mack the Knife' Hernandez is back in town" Oh if only that were his name instead of Rafe IdiotsRUs DumberThanABoxOfRock BlankVacantStare Hernandez
Prevuze thanks for the stock ticker. IT should be at the beginning of every Prevuze from now on.

Victor snaps, "I want you to think with your head instead of your butt."
Victor's stock just rose 3 points in my portfolio

Tune in tomorrow to find out what ridiculous distraction interrupts Rafe from moving this creeping glacier of a story line along. Ain't that the truth? WE all know the "reveal" doesn't happen till what next week? I mean how predictable are these writers?

I can't wait for Vivian to come to town. Heads are going to roll!! We made it to Friday, thanks Prevuze. Best Stock Ticker on the web.

I can't wait to read Leslie, Applecheecks, and Bulldog comments today. I just feel some witty reprose coming...

3:52 AM  
Anonymous Berg said...

Reprose? I out did myself - pretending I am a DOOL writer. I meant to say scintillating. I just feel some scintillating comments coming....

Word Verification fun: Dinical.

Chloe went to the hospital to get some dinical advice from Daniel.

4:53 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I don't understand in friday or in this episode we should see the Ej's dream with a 6 year old Grace and a 6 years old Sydney so ???? Where are these scenes ?? They have been cut or what ?!!

5:08 AM  
Anonymous Leslie said...

Carly sits in jail. Bo shows up saying he's been battling with Interpol over her extradition.

Considering the fact that she was found at the home of the chief of police, I find it hard to believe that the FBI would dump off Carly on the SPD.

Rafe is on the phone at the docks. He talks to Tim about the delay in testing as EJ walks up behind him.

For someone who made a big deal about keeping his return to Salem a huge secret, Rafe certainly isn’t taking great pains to stay out of sight. For pity’s sake, the docks are Salem’s version of Grand Central Station. Rafe might as well be wearing a neon sign flashing “I’m baaaaaaaack!”.

"You could try donor eggs."

"I prefer scrambled," says Chloe.

Maybe Chloe needs donor sperm. With their track record, EJ's swimmers could probably get her pregnant in a flash.

"I've got some waiting to do so I decided to wait in my favorite place with my favorite person." Translation: "I'm bored and horny."

Apparently Rafe’s best under cover work involves doing Sami.

Rafe tells her he ran into EJ earlier, so EJ knows he's back. "Is that a problem," asks Sami. Rafe dunno.

Rafe knows that ever dangerous Stefano and loose cannon Nicole are in league with each other. With Rafe’s miraculous return to Capistrano, it’s a good bet that EJ will tell his father but Mr. Top of his Class Super Ex-FBI Hunkilicious Dude isn’t sure if EJ spotting him will be a problem. With the breezes that must waft between this guy’s ears, Rafe could easily land a job with Boeing. His head would make a perfect wind tunnel. Geez!

Daniel moves in and 'whatevers' her brains out.

LOL!!!!!!!!!!!

Brady defends himself, "I don't have brains in my butt."

"See," says Victor, "That proves you're a dumbass."

LOL part deux!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Tune in tomorrow to find out what ridiculous distraction interrupts Rafe from moving this creeping glacier of a story line along.

I'm with Berg on this one – so true, so true! Oh well the big reveal is coming to our screens shortly or, I should say, a portion of the big reveal is coming to our screens shortly. Thanks for the super update Prevuze, and the stock ticker is pure genius!!! TGIF and TGFP!!!!!

5:54 AM  
Blogger MJHill said...

I snorted coffee out my nose when I saw the stock ticker!

I admit, I'm a bit of an EJami... I love prevuze so much!!!

5:55 AM  
Anonymous Bulldog said...

Thank you, Berg, for the vote of confidence. But I can rarely match the witty insights of you, Applecheek, Leslie and Klaus. Most of the time I'm trapped in my own Chloelike bimbodom wondering why'd they do that?

For instance, if Lawrence was such a creep why is Carly keeping his secrets? I finally decided it's because of their son Nicky, who I predict they're going to bring back as a hunky protoge of his father, torn between good and evil and trying to change for the sake of Stephanie. All they'll have to do is continue the going green program and recycle any script they've used for Phillip.

Is Sami still wearing that stupid scarf around her neck? Because in real life any guy would've strangled her with it after she blabbed his big important secret. Like son like mother.

My "HUH?" moment was Daniel saying it's 11:00 a.m. Did he really say that? When did any of these people go to bed? They've all been out continually running around in the same outfits so I assumed it was the middle of the night. (See what I mean about struggling in a fog to make sense of it? HAHAHA)

I'm going to use a word I've never used to describe something in Prevuze - cute! Which is what the stock ticker was. I loved it! Also Mommie Dearest and the image of Roy and Dale rushing off. Trigger must've been waiting right outside.

You did it again, Prevuze and faithful readers. We've made it to Friday. Happy trails to all! :D

6:27 AM  
Blogger Applecheeks said...

"Please come into my office."

Chloe stops her, "No, tell me now.


Yes, for God’s sake, tell me out here in the public waiting room so the show doesn’t have to pony up for another set.

Daniel moves in and 'whatevers' her brains out.

When Prevuze decides to let rip with rough language it’s “Nelly bar the doors”, isn’t it?

With perfect DOOL timing, Victor walks in, "That would be me."

So, indirectly, it WAS Hope that turned Carly in by doing something she was asked not to do – tell anyone Carly was back.

Victor snaps, "I want you to think with your head instead of your butt."

Don’t think that’s the part of his anatomy Brady is thinking with Vic. I imagine it’s more like his ‘whatever’.

Tune in tomorrow

Unfortunately it won’t be tomorrow since this is Friday. We’ll have to wait all weekend to find out what ridiculous distraction comes up. HA

The viewers wonder why they are watching.

Actually we Prevuze readers probably aren’t doing all that much watching. What we’re wondering is how Prevuze watches day after day without being driven to madness.

And BTW, just in case some of the younger readers were wondering [although Bulldog's use of Trigger's name might have clued them in], Roy and Dale refers to Roy Rogers & Dale Evans, the Saturday morning crime-fighting dynamic duo for some of us old timers. Er, some of us fans of classic TV shows. Yeah, that's what I meant.

Have a great weekend everyone. As another classic TV cowboy hero would say, "Hi ho Silver, awaaaaaay!"

6:52 AM  
Anonymous Leslie said...

As another classic TV cowboy hero would say, "Hi ho Silver, awaaaaaay!"

Who was that masked man? I wanted to thank him. OK Applecheeks, you get bonus points if you remember the Clay People and Dr. Zarkov.

7:40 AM  
Anonymous Betyar said...

Thanks Prevuze for the stock ticker, I'll be looking forward to seeing it daily from now on. Such creative talent over at the Prevuze compound! I'm an Ejami first, but I see how Safe could be gaining ground. I can't wait to see how this all plays out in the next weeks to come. I think we might have a watch-worthy DOOL in the near future. Who'da thought!

9:11 AM  
Blogger Applecheeks said...

Well, Leslie, Dr. Zarkov sound like a character from Dr. No or Flash Gordon (although I didn't watch either of those shows).

The Clay People? Haven't a clue...the Clay Aiken fan club?? lolol

9:26 AM  
Anonymous Leslie said...

Applecheeks - Flash Gordon it is! In the mid 1930’s, Buster Crabbe appeared as Flash in movie theater serials. One of them was about a trip to Mars, and it included Clay People. The serials showed up in the Chicagoland area on Saturday/Sunday morning television, and I have vague memories of special effects that would make the Daze production people proud. Since it was a local station that broadcast Flash Gordon’s adventures, it is possible not all the faithful Prevuzites were lucky enough to enjoy this incredible television experience. On the other hand, you same faithful Prevuzites may have been too young to enjoy said experience.

1:48 PM  
Anonymous WingNut '75 said...

Wow - I got to Prevuze late today and figured somebody would have already posted about Chloe's ovaries...

Dr. Ryan said, "Your ovarian tissue was compromised in your treatment for leukemia and your eggs are no longer viable. There is a 2% chance of conception."

Dr. Ryan walks off. Chloe broods, "Daniel, don't say this doesn't change things. I need to be alone." Chloe spirals off into her abyss of despair


When I read that, all I could hear in my head was Chloe saying "I need to be alone. I can't marry you until my ovaries heal!"

Prevuze, thanks again for getting us through another week of DROOL. Have a great weekend everybody! I'm looking forward to getting ouside and enjoying the 60's the weather guys are promising us here!

1:59 PM  
Anonymous Bulldog said...

LOL, Wingnut! HAHAHAHA

2:11 PM  
Blogger Prevuze said...

I can't marry you until my ovaries heal!"

OMG, that's funny. I'll have to steal it sometime and use it in the blog.

2:16 PM  
Blogger Applecheeks said...

Holy Toledo, Wingnut! Just read your Chloe impression. How perfect. lolol

7:27 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Damn right EJ ain't involved. He's Samantha's sperm donor that's all. LOL

3:17 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


Blogarama     Globe Of Blogs