Monday, July 13, 2009

That Two-Timing Bum

Daniel and Brady stand outside at the sole park bench in Salem and talk about Chloe. Daniel insists he and Chloe aren't still an item. Brady wonders if Daniel knows how Chloe feels about him. "She's married to Lucas," says Daniel.

Chloe wanders around Daniel's apartment while Lucas is in the other room getting Daniel's clothes for the videotaping. Chloe spies a scarf on the floor and picks it up. She speculates someone else is there. Kate sweats it out inside the closet while Chloe puts her hand on the knob and tries to figure out how such a complicated piece of machinery works.

Over in the park... OMG! There is another park bench! The town of Salem must have gotten its share of the stimulus package. Sami and EJ argue as Nicole and Sydney look on. Sami gets nasty, says she can't wait to go into a courtroom and have everyone find out who and what EJ is. EJ tells her she should be afraid of him. Sami says she won't stand by and be threatened. Sami stands by while EJ threatens.

Rafe goes through his things and finds a newspaper clipping, "Bride to be dies mysteriously." He takes out his trusty Zippo and sets the clipping on fire. He stares at the paper as it burns. When his hand catches fire, he finally puts the burned out clipping in a ceramic dish.

Chloe stand with her hand on the door knob. Wiggle... wiggle... wiggle... wiggle... wiggle... Lucas comes out of the bedroom and she stops wiggling the knob long enough to show him the scarf she found, "Lucas, I think someone else is here."

Lucas scoffs, "Maybe there is a skeleton in his closet."

"No," says Chloe, "I don't think so. That closet doesn't look big enough to hold a water heater."

Daniel rambles about Chloe and Brady offers advice, "In my experience, when you're involved with Chloe, the best route is to hit the hallucinogenic drugs as often as possible."

The fire trucks pull away from Sami's place as Will returns. Will asks what all the stuff is for and Rafe announces he's moving in. Will walks over to one of the boxes and looks inside, "What is this?"

Rafe has a conniption, "DON'T TOUCH THAT!"

Nicole tries to referee between Sami and EJ.

Chloe gives the door another try. Wiggle... wiggle... wiggle... wiggle... wiggle... Lucas accuses her of prying. Chloe backs off, "I'm not prying, but I'm thinking there is something weird going on."

"You're right," says Lucas, "If you're thinking, there is definitely something weird going on."

"It's kind of faint," says Chloe, "but I smell perfume."

"It's my new scent," says Lucas, "Do you like it?"

Chloe sniffs, "I recognize that scent."


Daniel says he is having a hard time breaking things off with Chloe, but thinks he's moving toward acceptance. He tells Brady about being on the TV show with her. Brady thinks that's a bad idea. Then Daniel tells him the rest of the story, "Lucas is producing it."

Brady asks, "Why don't you just take a hammer and pound it into your head?"

"Maybe I should," says Daniel, "Chloe seems to be attracted to guys with mush for brains." Brady begins to find the situation a little humorous.

Rafe backs off, "Smooth move Hernandez. Here I am trying to smooth things over with you and I get nasty."

Ever-astute Will asks, "Has someone been burning something in here?"

"What tipped you off," asks Rafe.

"The screeching smoke alarms are finally getting to me," says Will.


"I was cooking breakfast," says Rafe.

"I have a feeling you and Mom will be eating out a lot," says Will.

"So," asks Rafe, "How do you feel about me moving in?"

Will asks, "Do I have a choice?"

Nicole says, "I have to get Johnny back to the house. I Hope I can trust you two to act like adults."

"There's always a first time," says EJ. Nicole takes Sydney and strolls off.

"Don't presume you have the upper hand," snarls Sami, "You don't get to threaten me and have me fall apart."

EJ insists, "I'm not threatening."

"What I do with Rafe is none of your business," says Sami.

"I know," says EJ, "I leave that kind of thing to Maggie."

Sami lectures him on hypocrisy. He threatens, "You will walk out of court without so much as visitation rights if you don't watch yourself."

Lucas insists whomever Daniel is consorting with is none of their business and says they should leave. He drags Chloe out and tells her not to dig about it when she sees Daniel. Kate comes out of the closet and checks to see that the vile vial is still there.

Daniel calls Chloe and asks her to meet him at Maggie's before the shoot.

Will broods and pouts. Rafe asks if Sami didn't tell him about their arrangement. Will says he thinks the feud between Sami and EJ is getting out of hand. "It's a big deal," says Rafe, "It's not something little like she forgot his birthday."

"EJ was SORASED so much no one remembers his birthday," says Will.

"Your mother needs you," says Rafe, "I screwed things up."

"No," says Will, "you don't. Maybe we can manage things."

Rafe suddenly decides he can't move in, "Your mother needs you and you need her."

Will is shocked, "You would do that?"

"Yeah," says Rafe, "So what's it gonna take for you to be your mother's kid again?"

"A maternity test," says Will, "With my mom, you never can tell."

Prevuze

Sami tells EJ she knows he's the kind of man he never wanted to be. "What kind of man is that," asks EJ.

"A man married to Nicole," says Sami.

"You're right," says EJ, "No man would want that."


Brady arrives at the pub. He tells Arianna he wants to talk to her on her break, finds a table and waits.

Rafe says he would move out if that's what's keeping Will away from Sami, "You're more important to her than I am."

Will can't believe it, "So you're some perfect guy, huh?"

"No," says Rafe, "Trust me, I'm not."

Chloe has arrived at the DiMera mansion. She whines, "He's seeing another woman."

Nicole gasps, "Lucas! That two-timing bum."

"No," wails Chloe, "I mean Daniel. He's the two-timing bum." Nicole figures Chloe is having a hard time moving on. Chloe asks how Nicole would feel if EJ were in love with another woman.

Sami says Nicole told her EJ wasn't going on with the custody hearing, "and you could see the relief in her eyes. That's when I realized somewhere in there you still had a heart. But now, I guess I'll see you in court." Sami starts to leave.

EJ softens and calls her back, "Johnny is my son and I will be involved in every part of his life. If you choose to live with Mr. Hernandez then I will find out everything there is to know about him."

Arianna comes over to Brady's table. Brady tries to explain his addiction and says he should have told her about it earlier. Arianna stops him, "It's not you."

Brady looks that up in the Guy Manual, "When a woman says it's not you, it's you."

"I have my own history," says Arianna, "I don't think I can do this. I really don't."

Lucas is with Daniel. We find out Lucas told Chloe not to pry so Lucas could have all that fun for himself, "If you're seeing someone else, I'm sure she will understand."

Daniel about has a heart attack, "WHO?"

"My mom," says Lucas, "WAIT! It just hit me! Is she married or something?"

Kate interrupts. She hauls Lucas aside and Daniel stares.

Chloe tells Nicole she realizes she can't have anything to do with Daniel.

Things start to thaw between Will and Rafe. Rafe just has all kinds of understanding about Will but says Will can't take things out on his mother, "Your mother loves you."

Sami snaps back at EJ, "OK! So go through Rafe's life with a fine tooth comb title and you won't find anything!"

EJ says he isn't so sure about that, "And if I do find something, you will be back in court so fast your head will swim." Sami gives a few parting shots and leaves.

Kate and Lucas run off to have a phone conference with some guy about their Asian markets. Chloe turns to Daniel, "We have nothing to say to each other."

"When you say that," says Daniel, "That means the conversation will only last an hour."

Brady and Arianna decide they're no good for each other.

EJ joins Nicole in the rumpus room. He tells her he isn't going through with the hearing but if he digs anything up on Rafe things will change. Nicole asks, "Is this about Johnny, or are you jealous that Rafe has Sami?"

Rafe tells Will he holds all the cards in their negotiation. >"In this family," says Will, "all the cards are jokers." Sami walks in on them. Stare... stare... stare...

Chloe walks off and Kate comes back. Daniel goes to change.

Chris swooshes in carrying the food tray,
"I'm here to cheer up your dull lives everyone!"

Kate snorts, "Where have you been?"

Chris bats his eyes,
"Well, I see we're in a great mood. Do you treat all the deliverymen like this... HEY! What happened to your scarf?" Kate doesn't know. Chris walks off and Kate re-poisons the food just to make sure.

Brady gets up and leaves. On his way out he tells Arianna, "If you change your mind, you know where to find me. Just walk outside and you'll bump into me."

Will walks over and hugs Sami. Oh! The tender mother and child reunion! Don't worry. They'll be at each other's throats again in about five minutes.

EJ rants that Rafe will be a step dad to his son. He tells Nicole he doesn't take kindly to people who consort with the enemy. Nicole defends herself and says she just bumped into Sami. She thinks EJ is obsessed with Sami, and still has feelings for her.

Chloe and Daniel engage in inane banter as the cameras roll. They wrap up the show. Daniel takes her aside and tells her he needs to talk to her. Lucas is off to Asia to wheel and deal. "Where are you going," asks Daniel.

"I don't know," says Lucas, "I guess I'll know when I get there." Lucas – always on top of the situation. He hugs Kate and asks her to keep an eye on Chloe. Kate says she will and asks him to call when she gets there.

Chloe follows him out, "Oh, Lucas your blue shirt is at the cleaners."

Kate thinks to herself, "Good Chloe, it will be perfect to wear to your funeral."

Nicole tells EJ his decision is best for his children.

Sami tells Will and Rafe about her confrontation with EJ. She tells them EJ agreed to back off the custody hearing. Hugs all around.
Will and Sami argue about who was being the biggest jerk. Both win. Will announces, "I have to go to practice. I'm sorry I can't stick around and help you to pack."

Sami says she is thrilled with Rafe for talking to Will. She thinks this is really turning out to be a great day, "I'm so lucky to have you." Hugs.

Pan to the ashes. Oh! The metaphor!

NOTE – you can now follow Prevuze on twitter at: http://twitter.com/prevuze

Prevuze II has a video of the daily show previews, which should be available by noon (EST) on any given day. To see Prevuze II: CLICK HERE


11 Comments:

Anonymous Berg said...

Pan to the ashes. Oh! The metaphor!
Probably one of the potential scripts was used for this shot. Happy Monday - looks like another dull one.

4:22 AM  
Anonymous Leslie said...

Lucas scoffs, "Maybe there is a skeleton in his closet."

"No," says Chloe, "I don't think so. That closet doesn't look big enough to hold a water heater."

The Ford Decker Memorial water heater makes another special guest appearance in Prevuze.

Daniel rambles about Chloe and Brady offers advice, "In my experience, when you're involved with Chloe, the best route is to hit the hallucinogenic drugs as often as possible."

That goes for the audience too.

Ever-astute Will asks, "Has someone been burning something in here?"

"What tipped you off," asks Rafe.

"The screeching smoke alarms are finally getting to me," says Will.

What was the point in Rafe going the ritual sacrifice route to destroy the clipping? Wadding up a paper doesn’t leave an odor. I guess the bigger question is – why did Rafe keep the clipping in the first place? Is he into scrap booking and hadn’t finished his Emily album? He knows that Sami is a class A nose drop. He’s ex-FBI so Rafe should have been smart enough to get rid of all incriminating evidence before he moved in with her.

"So," asks Rafe, "How do you feel about me moving in?"

Will asks, "Do I have a choice?"

Bad Sami! Obviously, she never told Will that she invited Rafe to move in. Will is a surly teenager, and Sami completely ignored his feelings.

"It's a big deal," says Rafe, "It's not something little like she forgot his birthday."

"EJ was SORASED so much no one remembers his birthday," says Will.

Good point Prevuze!

"Yeah," says Rafe, "So what's it gonna take for you to be your mother's kid again?"

"A maternity test," says Will, "With my mom, you never can tell."

Excellent Prevuze excellent!!!

Nicole gasps, "Lucas! That two-timing bum."

"No," wails Chloe, "I mean Daniel. He's the two-timing bum."

Oh well, Chloe is a two-timing bimbo.

"In this family," says Will, "all the cards are jokers."

Will got all the brains in the Brady family. Unfortunately, that’s not saying much.

Hopefully, EJ knows about the Nexus Lexus search engine because apparently the FBI and the SPD sure don’t. If he does, Rafe will end up toast right along with the newspaper clipping.

It’s a beautiful Monday morning, a wonderful Prevuze, a naughty censored link, and great photos along with a Bulldog water heater snarky caption. What a great way to start the week!

5:31 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

For the love of all that is Holy, why can't someone kill Daniel and Chloe?

"I was cooking breakfast," says Rafe.
A lie I once unsuccessfully tried to deliver. From my days as a wee youth who burnt paper towels and newspaper on the stove for fun, I can attest that burnt paper has an entirely different smell from burnt food.

"No," wails Chloe, "I mean Daniel. He's the two-timing bum.
Ah... well he can't actually 'two-time' you if you aren't in a relationship.

"Johnny is my son and I will be involved in every part of his life...
Scary. You can't be involved with every facet of his life. People have no concept of privacy on this show.

Kate re-poisons the food just to make sure.
Now obviously I'm for Chloe poisoning, but how many times does Kate think she can do that without people getting suspicious.

6:11 AM  
Blogger cfish said...

Ahhh, the vile vial. Is that all Kate's got? Someone needs to tell her that "The pellet with the poison's in the flagon with the dragon; the vessel with the pestle has the brew that is true."

I knew that "vile vial" description kept reminding me of something...

6:25 AM  
Blogger Prevuze said...

"I was cooking breakfast," says Rafe.
A lie I once unsuccessfully tried to deliver. From my days as a wee youth who burnt paper towels and newspaper on the stove for fun, I can attest that burnt paper has an entirely different smell from burnt food.


But even as a wee youth with the mind of a child I'll bet you were smart enough not to try to burn a newspaper clipping you didn't want someone to see in a closed area where the smell was bound to linger. Unfortunately, we can't say the same for Rafe.

6:30 AM  
Blogger Applecheeks said...

Chloe puts her hand on the knob and tries to figure out how such a complicated piece of machinery works.

Careful Chloe. We wouldn’t want you to waste your remaining 2-3 brain cells trying to work it out.

OMG! There is another park bench! The town of Salem must have gotten its share of the stimulus package.

Since the stimulus package is designed to create jobs, I wonder, “How many Salem Parks & Rec employees does it take to install a second park bench?” Anyone?

Great pictures, censored link, and commentor comments. Leslie echoed my thoughts on an internet search on Rafe and Klaus on the smell of burned paper.

cfish - Thanks for that golden oldie movie mention. I don't have time to look it up, but it seems to me it was a Danny Kaye flick. But DAMN, now that refrain is going to be running through my head all day. lolol

Prevuze - Thanks for the Monday Morning snark.

6:59 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Since Emily's death was important enough to be in the newspaper, I'm sure anything Sami or EJ want to find out is just a mouse-click away. Is Rafe going to hold a ritual burning of her laptop too?

7:05 AM  
Blogger cfish said...

Applecheeks --

That line is from "The Court Jester" with Danny Kaye and Mildred Natwick. More of the exchange is:

Hawkins: I've got it! I've got it! The pellet with the poison's in the vessel with the pestle; the chalice from the palace has the brew that is true! Right?
Griselda: Right. But there's been a change; they broke the chalice from the palace!
Hawkins: They broke the chalice from the palace?
Griselda: And replaced it with a flagon.
Hawkins: A flagon...?
Griselda: With the figure of a dragon.
Hawkins: Flagon with a dragon.
Griselda: Right.
Hawkins: But did you put the pellet with the poison in the vessel with the pestle?
Griselda: No! The pellet with the poison's in the flagon with the dragon! The vessel with the pestle has the brew that is true!
Hawkins: The pellet with the poison's in the flagon with the dragon; the vessel with the pestle has the brew that is true.
Griselda: Just remember that.

7:55 AM  
Blogger Prevuze said...

That line is from "The Court Jester" with Danny Kaye and Mildred Natwick.

Prevuze - Best movie blog on the Internet®

9:20 AM  
Anonymous Bulldog said...

Cfish - I loved that scene from that movie. HAHAHA

Maybe Kate can give Melanie what's left of the vile vial so when she does find out about the inevitable Nathanie relationship she can use it on her.

"EJ was SORASED so much no one remembers his birthday," says Will. Yes he was! But I'd say his SORASING still came in 3rd in incredibility - after Brady and Belle who were about 2 and 4 during Marlena and Squints' wedding and 18 and 25 two weeks later.

Loved "In my experience, when you're involved with Chloe, the best route is to hit the hallucinogenic drugs as often as possible." and the great censored link!

Thanks, Prevuze, for the needed laughs on a Monday morning.

9:32 AM  
Blogger Applecheeks said...

Thanks, cfish. Not that you, me or Bulldog are dating ourselves or anything, right? We're just incredibly young connosiers of old movies. Yeah, that's it!

11:28 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


Blogarama     Globe Of Blogs