Friday, April 24, 2009

Date Bait

Brady meets EJ outside the pub and they call each other a bundle of nasty things. Brady ain' afraid of no stinkin' EJ.

Victor and Nicole meet inside the pub and call each other a bundle of nasty things. Nicole insists she's a DiMera, "And they take care of their own... and their enemies."

Stefano huffs and puffs his way into the hospital. He walks up to Lexie, "You have to help me."

Lexie continues to work, "What arrange another murder?" Stefano tells her he has been poisoned.

Mia tells Dr. Baker she saw her baby today but something wasn't right, "It was like she wasn't mine."

Baker drops the bomb, "There is a reason you didn't feel anything and it's time you knew why. SHE'S NOT YOUR BABY!"

If you haven't figured out this is a setup, please reread chapter 3 of your DOOL 101 textbook, "How To Empty You Mind So You Can Understand DOOL."

Rafe and Sami share an uncomfortable moment at the airport. Sami whines and grovels, "I just want to tell you what you mean to me before it's too late."

Cold, cruel Rafe isn't interested, "Sorry, Sami, but it already is too late."

Sami Brady is now at a crossroads. She can either choose to act like an adult and respond as one, or throw a childish fit and smack the crap out of him.

If you thought Sami would act like an adult, you have a few more chapters of your textbook to read. Sami reaches deep and pulls out one of her crap-smackin' personalities, pummels the poor guy and screams, "You make me so mad! I called you and you never returned my calls and then I called again and your phone was disconnected and blada-blada-blada-whine-simper-sob." She comes up with a chain of names to call him, "You are a cold and heartless SOB!"

Sami didn't bring her A-Game or she would have called him a poo-poo head, too.

Rafe says there might be a reason why he didn't return her calls, and the "conversation" they are having is it.

KABLOOIE!

In the aftershock of her pyroclastic flow, Sami snorts, "The least you could do is listen."

"No matter what you say," he says, "it's not going to change anything. I'm still leaving."

Prevuze

Mia takes the bait. Baker tells her she's not emotionally connected to Mia because she gave her up, "She's Nicole's baby, not yours."

"So," says Mia, "it doesn't mean I'm a bad person?"

"No," says Dr. Baker, "Just a bad actor."

Mia gets defensive, "Hey, it's the writing. I don't have much to work with. Now I'm worried Sydney will grow up with a bunch of murderers."

Stefano continues to hyperventilate. Just before he drops dead in front of her, Dr. Lexie finally figures out something is wrong and moves into panic mode. Stefano describes his symptoms, "I have been poisoned."

Lexie asks, "Do you know what you were poisoned with?"

Stefano says, "No, but I know who did it. Since I don't know what poison it was, do you have some kind of universal antidote? "

Lexie says, "As a matter of fact I do have a good one: Two men and a mule walk into a bar..."

Stefano interrupts and booms, "I SAID ANTIDOTE, NOT ANECDOTE!"

Victor and Nicole. Victor tells her the wedding was a charade, "Stefano and EJ needed a cover for the crime they were committing at the time."

Suddenly, Nicole sees Brady and EJ outside, "OMG! They'll kill each other."

Nicole runs out and referees. Brady leaves. She tells EJ they are being taunted. She tells him she was just inside fencing with Victor. EJ goes in to talk to him and Brady comes back. Nicole tells hyped-up Brady to calm down, "You're twitching like a live wire." She asks about his facial.

Brady asks, "Are you sure you wanna know?"

EJ confronts Victor. He says he's sorry for what happened to Phillip.

Victor hits him back with sarcasm, "Sorry about what? That he survived? Please, don't worry about Phillip. Worry about your father."

Sami stomps and holds her breath. Rafe starts the countdown, "Three.. two... one..."

"What are you doing," screams Angelica Pickles.

"Counting down to the tears."

Sami blows again... don't worry it's just an aftershock, "Are you intentionally being horrible because you want me to go away?"

"At this point," says Rafe, "I'll try anything that works. I know the drill, first the temper tantrum, then the tears." Rafe calls her on her act. He tells her they don't work as a couple. He rants about her telling EJ he's the father. Sami says she didn't tell him anything.

EJ says the DiMeras don't fear the Kiriakis family. Victor gives him a fictional history lesson, "Odysseus conquered Troy and killed the cyclops not with power, but with cunning. Have you spoken to your father lately?"

"What do you mean?"

"If you see him," says Victor, "tell him I said yamas... to your health."

Brady tells Nicole she doesn't want to know what happened to his face, "You want to live in blissful ignorance from now on.

"I'm used to the ignorance part already," says Nicole.

Brady says, 'You don't want to know... that person who was holding your daughter has so much blood on his hands."

Stefano grimaces as Lexie comes into his room. He wants her to call the police but for a change Lexie wants to find out what is wrong with her patient. She asks about his symptoms. Stefano rattles them off, "Nausea, lethargy, chills."

"Sounds like you've been watching DOOL in a cold room," says Lexie. Stefano says this all started last night. He's certain Kiriakis did this and vows he will pay. Lexie tells him she's only talking to him because he's a patient, "I saw what you did to Phillip first hand. Nice work." Lexie decides to get another doctor, "I can't do this. If you think this war honors Tony's memory then you are more corrupt than I ever imagined."

Victor tells EJ, "The Trojan war lasted nine years but the Greeks won because they never stopped fighting."

"Or talking."

Victor leaves and EJ calls and leaves a message for Stefano. Then he calls a henchman and tells him to find Stefano now.

Brady wants to know if Nicole has gone through everything like losing her baby just to wind up with a guy like EJ as Sydney's father, "What EJ did last night was deplorable. That's Sydney's father."

Victor is on his phone, "Tell me when it's done."

Lexie comes back and finds Stefano in a coma.

Sami says she couldn't tell EJ about Grace. She calms down, "So I'm getting to the part where you were right and I was wrong." She whispers about EJ putting a hit on Phillip. She says she can't believe he showed up at a church knowing he had ordered someone's death, "Now you can say I told you so."

Rafe piles on, "And that you didn't listen." Rafe softens. Sami softens. She says she's glad she found him before it's too late.

Dr. Baker says the DiMeras are dangerous and Mia should realize what will happen if she crosses them. He says Nicole has bonded with Sydney and Mia's decision to give her up was an unconscious decision not to connect with her. Mia agrees... "There is this other baby. There is something about her that makes you want to take care of her. She's the sister of a friend of mine." Baker wants to know more but Mia leaves.

Baker wonders, "Who is your friend, Mia?"

Lexie examines Stefano as he hovers near death, "Wake up." Stefano wakes. Lexie is amazed that she actually brought a patient back to consciousness.

Stefano is kind of dazes, "I am so tired." Lexie wants more blood and another CVC. "What's that," asks, Stefano.

"I have no idea," says Lexie, "But it sounds good." Lexie assures him he will not die, "I've seen to it that you'll get a new doctor." Stefano says he wants to talk to Elvis. Lexie says OK and leaves. She calls and tells EJ Stefano is at the hospital.

EJ asks, "Is he all right?"

"I don't know," says Lexie, "So far, I'm the only one who has examined him." EJ rushes off.

Brady wishes Nicole good luck with her life and walks off. EJ catches her and they run for the hospital.

EJ and Nicole rush in and meet up with Lexie. She tells them about Stefano's speculation that he has been poisoned. Then she rants about the Kiriakis-DiMera war and stomps off. EJ leaves to speak with Stefano, "I want to speak to him privately."

Lexie turns and tells Nicole, "Privately – get used to that."

Baker comes out and finds Nicole, "What are you doing here? Did Mia call you..."

"She called me a lot of things."

EJ tells Stefano about Victor gloating. Stefano rants, "He did this but he will not get away with it."

Brady is on the phone, "Call me when he wakes up. Phillip is lucky to have you as a nurse." Brady hangs up and updates Victor on Phillip's condition. Victor cautions Brady about talking to Nicole. Brady says he told her goodbye. He asks about Victor's chat with EJ. Coy Victor says they were talking and EJ was called away for an emergency, "Isn't that a shame?"

Mia shows up at Will's place. Will invites her in and tells her he was just at the batting cage practicing, "I need to work on my swing. Maybe you can come and watch sometime."

Mia isn't exactly thrilled, "Oh, yeah, seeing someone getting better at hitting a ball with a stick is my idea of heaven." She tells him about her rusty nail injury. She's there to see if Will talked with Sami about Mia possibly babysitting Grace.

Will is devastated, "You didn't come to see me? You came to see my little sister?"

Rafe is glad Sami can see who EJ really is. They decide they don't need to fight any more. Sami suggests they go home and do something fun. Rafe says he's not going with her. He's headed for New York, "We don't work together. I want to be a bigger part of your life than you want me to be."

Sami nearly panics, "That's not true!"

"We both know that it is."

Mia says she came to see Grace, "Tell your mom I'm available to babysit." Will invites her to go to the pub. Mia declines.

Will grasps at straws, "Grace is going to be there." That does it. Mia agrees. Will asks, "Did I just use my little sister as date bait?"

"Yeah."

Baker tells Nicole Mia said she felt no connection to Sydney, "And we both know why."

Stefano says he thinks Victor usually doesn't gloat unless he knows what is going to happen.

Baker tells Nicole to chill.

Will and Mia are at the pub. He brings Grace over to Mia and hands her off, "You're crazy about her. Apparently her real mom couldn't have felt that way, since she gave her up."

Mia doesn't agree, "Giving her up must've been the hardest thing she's ever done."

Victor tells Brady they can fix it so EJ never smiles again, "But you have to stay out of it – leave it all to me."

Lexie comes into Stefano's room and announces she got the results back.

Baker thinks Mia is no longer a threat to Nicole, "Thanks to me." Nicole is silent. Baker digs, "THANKS TO ME."

Nicole reluctantly thanks him, and then turns her attention to Sami, "We both have to make sure you and Sami never meet again."

Lexie says, "You weren't poisoned but there is something seriously wrong with you."

John and Marlena tinkle music plays as Sami tells Rafe she wants him in her life. They call Rafe's plane to board. When Rafe turns to go, Sami takes her last shred of dignity and tosses it down the toilet. She throws herself at him, "I'm not letting you go."

NOTE – you can now follow Prevuze on twitter at: http://twitter.com/prevuze

Prevuze II has a video of the daily show previews, which should be available by noon (EST) on any given day. To see Prevuze II: CLICK HERE


20 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I read where something tragic happens to Grace in June.

I also think that Arianna is Rafe's sister.

3:36 AM  
Anonymous Berg said...

"Nausea, lethargy, chills."

"Sounds like you've been watching DOOL in a cold room," says Lexie.
Prevuze, best truthsayer on the web.

That a horrible episode. This Sami and Rafe thing ruined all the other ususal dribble for me. I am so distracted by their forced coupling that I fight nausea almost every second when I just read about it.

I would actually be looking forward to the DiMera/Kiriakis fight if it weren't for that.

Why oh why did they make EJ evil again? Don't get me wrong, I think James plays a better evil EJ than a clumsy, mindnumbing dolt. Oh well, it this is the road they are going down, can he at least start killing some people off? I can think of a few that the show could shed.

TGIF everyone!

4:00 AM  
Anonymous Leslie said...

If you haven't figured out this is a setup, please reread chapter 3 of your DOOL 101 textbook, "How To Empty You Mind So You Can Understand DOOL."Thank you Prevuze. My mind was so empty I had forgotten that chapter. However, this reminder does make me take pause. Every time I read Prevuze’s hilarious and snarky recap of Daze along with all the wonderful comments I have to wonder why a group of obviously intelligent people continue to watch this drivel. Does the textbook say the viewers have to be masochistic?

"You are a cold and heartless SOB!"

Sami didn't bring her A-Game or she would have called him a poo-poo head, too.
The stay in the witless protection program certainly made Sami a changed person. Note to writers – no one is buying into that concept. Perhaps, a little adult dialogue for Sami would be helpful. Geez!

"So," says Mia, "it doesn't mean I'm a bad person?"

"No," says Dr. Baker, "Just a bad actor."

Mia gets defensive, "Hey, it's the writing. I don't have much to work with.”
I’m beginning to see a pattern here. Duh! Writers – I hope you are still taking notes.

Stefano rattles them off, "Nausea, lethargy, chills."

"Sounds like you've been watching DOOL in a cold room," says Lexie.
I was wondering what was wrong with me.

She tells him about her rusty nail injury.If Mia doesn’t get a tetanus shot, she could develop lockjaw. Hmm…things are looking up!!! HAHAHAHA!!!

Victor tells Brady they can fix it so EJ never smiles again.Are they going to steal those stupid veneers he has on his teeth?

They call Rafe's plane to board. When Rafe turns to go, Sami takes her last shred of dignity and tosses it down the toilet. She throws herself at him, "I'm not letting you go."Where is Rafe going to stay? At Marlena’s crib with Sami? Prevuze, you should brace yourself for some more John and Marlena tinkle music! Actually, for Sami and Rafe…ahem…interaction, DOOL should be using the theme from the Mickey Mouse Club as background music. If that's not available, how about a little something from Romper Room?

TGIF and TGFP!!!

5:45 AM  
Blogger Prevuze said...

Oh well, it this is the road they are going down, can he at least start killing some people off? I can think of a few that the show could shed.

Starting with the writers maybe?

5:51 AM  
Anonymous Pink Cadillac said...

Long time reader, first time poster. Victor is a little off. The Greeks won the war because they tricked the Trojans and it was fiction anyway.

6:08 AM  
Blogger Applecheeks said...

I wonder why a group of obviously intelligent people continue to watch this drivel. Does the textbook say the viewers have to be masochistic?Leslie, being masochistic doesn't hurt. But I believe those who are drawn to DOOL because we have an overwhelming need to vent our spleen on someone or something, and the daily stupidity of DOOL provides a handy target.

That, and it's my mother's fault. SHE started watching this when I was but a small, wee lassie and got me hooked. lolol

When I could keep awake reading through the recap of this horribly boring episode, I did have several LOL moments like the Tony Dimera Memorial Pallet (soon to be displayed next to the Jan Spears Memorial Rock).

I also got a kick out of Stefano interrupts and booms, "I SAID ANTIDOTE, NOT ANECDOTE!"I'm always puzzled at this statement, John and Marlena tinkle music plays. They have their own music for going to the bathroom??? Just asking....

TGIF, TGIP, TGIS (TGISunny)

6:11 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Pink Cadillac: The poor DROOLing writers can't even write fiction about fiction correctly. lol

Glad you commented. The more the merrier!!

KOTU

6:14 AM  
Anonymous Apple Pan Dowdy said...

The problem with the writing for EJ is that now he's playing an Evil EJ who's still a dolt.

Is there anything more drab than Sami and Rafe besides Stephanie and Phil?

6:38 AM  
Anonymous Leslie said...

Pink Cadillac: The poor DROOLing writers can't even write fiction about fiction correctly. lol

Glad you commented. The more the merrier!!

KOTU
The DOOL writers are sooooooooo dumb...

How dumb are they?

They are sooooooo dumb that they've never heard of Google. Duh!!!

6:43 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Have they ever explained Mia's apparent lack of parents? What high school student takes herself to the hospital for treatment when she gets a scratch? Not to mention that Dr. Baker, who used to be an OB-GYN, treats the scratch. I think Mia's parents are off hanging out with Kayla and Patch, unless they're in Switzerland.

6:56 AM  
Anonymous Bulldog said...

I know, I know. I'm in the minority and will get totally blasted by all, but I actually like "Safe". I mean what are the alternatives for Sami? Lumi? They had them on again off again so many times they messed that up a long time ago for me. EJami? I used to think so but they kind of went down the Lumi path with them, too. OR, maybe it's just that I like Rafe and if there was someone else they could pair him with that would be OK, too! HA

BTW, I'm a long time viewer but missed a few years in the middle - I don't know who for sure Arianna is. Or Angelica Pickles for that matter.

Was this supposed to be in italics or another Prevuze DOOL test? "The Greeks won because they never stopped fighting. Or talking." HAHAHAHA

Other great unmentioned Prevuisms: "Lexie is amazed that she actually brought a patient back to consciousness" and "Is he all right?" "I don't know," says Lexie, "So far, I'm the only one who has examined him."I'll pay homage to Victor and say right now that Eevuze-pray Or-yay Ee-thay Est-bay! TGIP!

7:09 AM  
Blogger Prevuze said...

Was this supposed to be in italics or another Prevuze DOOL test? "The Greeks won because they never stopped fighting. Or talking." HAHAHAHA

That was not supposed to be in italics. EJ said it as Victor walked away.

Or Angelica Pickles for that matter.

Click here for Angelica Pickles biography. Heck, Sami's even got the Angelica Pickles hairdo going in this episode.

7:20 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

~I assumed Mia's parents were dead or, deadbeats.


"And they take care of their own... and their enemies."The DiMera's have a habit of making everyone their enemies, and they end to take of family similar to that of the enemies; Exile to island? trapped in basement? *I don't remember how Benji was killed. Poor Benji*

"Now I'm worried Sydney will grow up with a bunch of murderers.If she grows up in Salem, abandon all hope being raised by anything but scoundrels.

"What are you doing," screams Angelica Pickles.
Ha. I name I haven't heard in forever.

"The Trojan war lasted nine years but the Greeks won because they never stopped fighting."Unfortunately Victor, you are not a soldier and this isn't really a war.

Lexie comes back and finds Stefano in a coma.OMG, again!? How many comas is this man going to have? Is he going to disown everything around him when he comes to again?

~I'm starting to like Baker. His quasi-evil state, lack of loyalty and blood-oath crap is amusing.

Lexie turns and tells Nicole, "Privately – get used to that."HAHA. The only thing about this escapade I'm enjoying, is Nicole eating crow.

She tells him about her rusty nail injury. I can just imagine how interesting that story is.

"You didn't come to see me? You came to see my little sister?"Nobody want's to see you Will; you never smile and tend to be grumpy. It's only cute when babies do that.

"You're crazy about her. Apparently her real mom couldn't have felt that way, since she gave her up."This is such an asinine statement, but it was funny. So kudos, writers.

7:27 AM  
Blogger Applecheeks said...

Bulldog - I had to stop and think for a minute too, but Arianna is the new waitress at the Brady Pub. Since they actually have given her some lines I figured she'd turn out to be more than just a "waitress".

7:28 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Bulldog, I'm with you - I actually like Sami and Rafe together. At least we get to see her fight with someone new about new issues - not the same old stuff we've heard for years between her and Lucas...

8:27 AM  
Anonymous Berg said...

Starting with the writers maybe? or at least the head one, kill the leader (like a vampire) and they all die.

I honestly don't get the "Safe" support. The pairing is like watching paint dry and in the background you hear nails on a chalkboard. It is that annoying.

11:21 AM  
Anonymous Cindyjh said...

Applecheeks said: That, and it's my mother's fault. SHE started watching this when I was but a small, wee lassie and got me hooked. lololYup....it's my mama's fault too...I can remember watching DOOL in kindergarten.

Personally, I would much rather see Safe than Lumi. Lumi is so boring, boring yesterday light years old. Sami is my personal fave on DOOL -- I have loved her since she shot Alan where it counted. So give me Safe or Ejami or even Brami for that matter, just give me Sami.

6:32 PM  
Anonymous Betyar said...

Yeah, I like Safe too. It's a good alternative to Lumi or Ejami. Personally, I like Ejami but somehow I don't see EJ returning to his somewhat "normal" state of mind, so I don't want him involved in Sami's life anymore. I'm also a huge Sami fan, and since she's my fave on the show, I'd like to see her do her drama and romance with someone who is not as boring with her as lucas is, or the bad guy EJ is turning into.

I don't know about this Arianna...she seems to come to Salem with a hidden agenda. Hmmm...I wonder if we'll get a good story out of the writers for once.

Someone asked why are we(seemingly intelligent people) still watching this drivel? Even intelligent people have their faults! TGIF! TGIS too! The weather here lately has been worse than the DOOL writing staff...that bad!

My word verification today was "agowni"...that's what I felt like while watching this week's eppisodes of DOOL.

10:50 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ok. Where is Mia living? How is she supporting herself? Where does she get the clothes, jewelry and makeup? But, my big question is IF she gets this kid back, where will they be living, in a van down by the pier?

10:45 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I hope Arianna is Rafe's sister. If not maybe an FBI agent who has a past with Rafe. Like working on a case together. Either way Sami is going to be upset until she knows the truth. If she is a FBI step up to get the DiMeras Rafe would not be able to be completely honest with Sami. Also in order for the TPTB to have Ejami back together the have got to make him grey again. This EJ is too evil. I think NIho has a lot to do with this. She wants the DiMera name and way of life so badly that EJ is free to do whatever he wants. With Sami he still had his grey side but he was far from this evil person. He needs Sami guidance and love. That is the only thing that will bring him back from the darkside that he is gradually desinding into. And I think fatha Steffy is setting everything up so EJ can take the fall for it all if it comes to that. His kids mean the world to Steffy is a big fricking joke. He puts himself before everything else.

7:18 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


Blogarama     Globe Of Blogs